Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner (19674 Views)

Importance Of Body Beauty In Choosing A Partner / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Mynd44: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
deols:
Me sef dey wonder o.
I wonder too
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by deols(f): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Another mistake pple make is the thought that the one they share a beautiful story with is the one to marry.

OMG, can you imagine we met again @ d most unexpected place.that is God showing us we are meant to be together. It is a miracle! and then d wedding date is set
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ngmart(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
I like you post very educational
keep it up
1up.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by paulworld(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Table Leg :
Poster..

Ok thank you!
You welkum bro
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ojjp: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=SELFWORTH]

Possibly , NL god. It couldn't possibly be God Almighty . Definately nt Almighty God. May b referin to their village deity. No God fearin man fornicates.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by CzarChris(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
@op, very gud and educational post.
But am guilty of the beauty part. I have a very serious weakness for tall, very fair, well endowed pretty ladies. But the problem is its very difficult to see a girl with the above characteristics that her character isn't terrible as in they are so shallow. But the not so okay ones, seem to be the wifey material. But for me to marry any girl she just has to be a show stopper.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Ess: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
If beauty fades with time, then what does ugliness do with time? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Lawconfessor(f): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
They seriously are not true

Fink I shud agree wit U.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Gracious10: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
omaojo1:

God fearing and fornicating? which God are you talking about.

Good question!
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Gracious10: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ess: If beauty fades with time, then what does ugliness do with time? lipsrsealed

LOL, it intensifies. grin
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by a1solution: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
born2fuck: I dey read as oyinbo dey scatters oyinbo,different brutalise english nak each other, money good,sex good,true love good but both poor,rich,true or fake love will eventually marry to someone,I keep wondering when some beautiful girls marry poor men and some rich men with ugly women,wetin come happen, nak oyinbo gentle make una finger no go commot
you funny o
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
ojubi: I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
I was speachless when she told me about it some days ago.
Until that day i use to think sex as d women make us pay for it, is only important to men.
Obviously i was wrong.

Yes obviously you were and still are dead wrong LOL. And by the way what is Mr.
God fearing doing in bed with her anyway??

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by mylifeasitis: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Learnt one or 2 things there, but that money issue is a fat lie. I cant love without throwing some money around. Money is the lubricant of love. Ladies, what says y'all.

true
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hahahaha Lol oh my days you're one funny person. Maybe you need to tell us...
Ess: If beauty fades with time, then what does ugliness do with time? lipsrsealed
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by kollybay4u: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
ojubi: I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
I was speachless when she told me about it some days ago.
Until that day i use to think sex as d women make us pay for it, is only important to men.
Obviously i was wrong.
that is lady for u
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by CORPGOV: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nkemika: very funny how one tend to place sex as top priority. in the religious view, are u suppose to test the man or woman in the first place, i think what makes people place sex on their top list is because they have tried so many and already know which is good or not so instead of focusing on much more values in their partner, they tend to focus about the bed, forgetting that no matter how good u are today, there will be a time when you both will get tired of the routine in bed...what keeps marriages is that unique friendship built.....those days how fathers and mothers will just marry and practice till they become good together in bed. ashawothings#, keep placing your top priority as Sex, Na you get urself plus na u know urself!!!

Yes, God bless you Nkem. While I wouldn't underestimate the importance of sex to legitimately married couples ONLY, I'm of the view that people have so much over-rate and idolise sex and forget that the most important thing is commitment to keep the marriage going, inspite of all odds against, till it attains its 50 Anniversary and eventually climaxes in old age, the attainment of which requires a lot from the couples involved.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by obyrich(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
I was speechless when she told me about it some days ago.
Until that day i used to think sex as d women make us pay for it, is only important to men.
Obviously i was wrong. GOD FEARING MAN? HAVING PREMARITAL SEX? I'M SURE THE GIRL IS A SEX FREAK.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ifyeky(m): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
deols: Another mistake pple make is the thought that the one they share a beautiful story with is the one to marry.

OMG, can you imagine we met again @ d most unexpected place.that is God showing us we are meant to be together. It is a miracle! and then d wedding date is set

Lmao
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ifyeky(m): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
I tink its beta for prospective couples to knw each other in bed and otherwise b4 tieing d knot bcoz dat seems to b d problm in marriages nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by wisdom77: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thank you for this piece, I know i am in such predicament right now infact i have fixed a date for my wedding already but I am just thinking if i have made the right decision to marry my Virgin GF of 4yrs or a woman that i met 8 months ago dat has a child and we are so passionate when making love. She is doing well financially but she lies and has some funny attitude that my GF doesnt possess but i enjoy her company and she makes me laugh this is just because i dont live in the same city with my GF so we have spent alot of time together. She is begging me to marry her i feel for her but i have my doubts. who thinks I am crazy?
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Dee60: Dont marry because of outward beauty or for fine legs. That will fade in no time. Remember, when you mix a rotten egg with a good egg, the egg becomes rotten. The bad always spoils the good, and not vice versa. Likes attract likes. A good man must pray that God will give him a good woman.

Ladies, don't marry him if his character is questionable even if he has a lot of money. Too many ladies fall for that...Unknown to them the man may be owing the banks or is just a 'clean' fraudster!

LOL. That is what I call : "Bad market".
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Gracious10: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
wisdom77: Thank you for this piece, I know i am in such predicament right now infact i have fixed a date for my wedding already but I am just thinking if i have made the right decision to marry my Virgin GF of 4yrs or a woman that i met 8 months ago dat has a child and we are so passionate when making love. She is doing well financially but she lies and has some funny attitude that my GF doesnt possess but i enjoy her company and she makes me laugh this is just because i dont live in the same city with my GF so we have spent alot of time together. She is begging me to marry her i feel for her but i have my doubts. who thinks I am crazy?

Na wa! You are really the principalities your GF should be praying about!! You have serious issues with making decision and you comfortably crown it all with cheating. I hope that GF is smart enough to see who you really are and dump you for good!!

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by dantechnig: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Good one
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by CzarChris(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
wisdom77: Thank you for this piece, I know i am in such predicament right now infact i have fixed a date for my wedding already but I am just thinking if i have made the right decision to marry my Virgin GF of 4yrs or a woman that i met 8 months ago dat has a child and we are so passionate when making love. She is doing well financially but she lies and has some funny attitude that my GF doesnt possess but i enjoy her company and she makes me laugh this is just because i dont live in the same city with my GF so we have spent alot of time together. She is begging me to marry her i feel for her but i have my doubts. who thinks I am crazy?

In the same predicament my brother ooo. Got a very young babe that has a very good upbringing, but inexperienced and another fiery hot one that on one occassion when we were having an evenin stroll two ladies stopped us and told her how beautiful and gorgeous she was. Am looking to settle down wit one, kinda confused actually. So bros its not just you.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ikdpal(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
marriage hmmm!!! we ar coming 4rm different background, having different orientation, temperament nd belief so its not an easy tin chosing d right one even if u pray cos God neva com down 4 ths assignment.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Ess: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
sanb: Hahahaha Lol oh my days you're one funny person. Maybe you need to tell us...

Gracious10:

LOL, it intensifies. grin

I hate that statement honestly and that's why I have been asking people that question for a long time and there seems not to be a good answer!
It seems ugliness rots and decays.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Law-confessor:

Fink I shud agree wit U.
You should
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by xtenxive(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
Czar-Chris:

In the same predicament my brother ooo. Got a very young babe that has a very good upbringing, but inexperienced and another fiery hot one that on one occassion when we were having an evenin stroll two ladies stopped us and told her how beautiful and gorgeous she was. Am looking to settle down wit one, kinda confused actually. So bros its not just you.

So because you perceive her as "hot" and People say she's beautiful makes her fit for marriage. Please forget marriage for now and keep having fun till you know better.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by dnawah(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
paulworld: When questions are asked about how people choose their life partners, it becomes quite obvious that most people of today’s modern don’t really know what they need. We most of the time confuse ourselves with need and want. It is therefore not surprising to find more divorce cases rising far above marriage cases. Want, as in relationship is more or less looking at the physical; wanting an attractive man or woman, someone who has money to run the house and the family, someone who can actually support you in future, can really give you good sex and the likes. In today’s issue, we will dive into all these factors to see whether it is necessary to choose a life partner based on some them.

Choosing a life partner based on physical attractiveness is not bad but, before that , it must be taken into consideration that beauty, as it is, is a natural wealth for a short period of time. Humans change with respect to time. If the person does not age, there are other factors that can really take the attractiveness of the without us not able to do anything about it. We are just life flowers, wild and all rosy in the morning but gloomy and weak by night fall. Have you asked yourself whether you will be able to live with the person should all the attractiveness fade away?

Another grave mistake we make when choosing a partner is when the choice is made looking at the financial success of the person. Money is good, no two ways about that but never has it been heard that money buy happiness or love which happens to be key factors that keeps marriages going. Falling for someone based on the financial gains of the person can cause more problems for you than you even expect.

Another factor that influences bad partnership decision is sex. Most ladies especially, when in their youth, desire men who can actually make them feel good in bed. But we must not forget that it is a lifetime decision and a long term execution of plan not a short term one. The problem is that sometimes we forget that it is a long term decision we are taking and thus choosing a partner for that journey should go far beyond the physicalities. Imagine eating one particular food for a month, two or three. Would you ever have an appetite for that particular food in the next month to come? Definitely no! It is same with sex. Having sex with one particular person for a long period of time can be boring sometimes thus not good factor to consider when choosing a partner.

Most people choose to accept anyone as a life partner because of the fact that they are probably ageing. This is most common among women. Most women believe that once they get to their late twenties and still man less, must accept anyone without consideration if not, much about the composition of the man they are going to tie the knot with which sometimes ends up in disaster.

One other factor that is associated with the wrong choice of partners and again commonly found among women is children. I say this is commonly found among women because it is often easy for a man who has children to marry again as compared to women. Research has also proved that. This sometimes leaves women in a position where they accept men who just come their way.

Pity, they say is the sweetest form of love. Actually, I don’t see any sense in that. How can you make a choice of a wife or husband based on that? It is too cheap. If you going out with someone and think the person doesn’t march the kind of husband or wife you intend marrying, why don’t you just forget about the person and ignore the fact that the person will probably change one day. In fact it is the worst mistake and harm you can ever do to yourself. I say this is commonly found among women because it is often easy for a man who has children to marry again as compared to women. Research has also proved that. This sometimes leaves women in a position where they accept men who just come their way.
Pity, they say is the sweetest form of love.Actually, I don’t see any sense in that. How can you make a choice of a wife or husband based on that? It is too cheap. Ifyou going out with someone and think theperson doesn’t march the kind of husbandor wife you intend marrying, why don’t you just forget about the person and ignore the fact that the person will probably change one day. In fact it is the worst mistake and harm you can ever do to yourself.

http://omgghana.com/mistakes-people-make-in-choosing-life-partners/#ixzz2BRHZliFG
poster na true u talk o!we no fit dey look 4 the right partner wen we no dey right ourselves.and everything go come dey wrong.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by CzarChris(m): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
xtenxive:

So because you perceive her as "hot" and People say she's beautiful makes her fit for marriage. Please forget marriage for now and keep having fun till you know better.

Funny but it think you just told me truth. I have a lot of customer service needs that need attending to. But brother my entire community is on my neck to get married ooo angry
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Gracious10: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
Czar-Chris:

Kindly forget marriage cos you don't know what it entails. You are too peripheral!!
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by nwgoziri(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: My King! What mistakes did you make when marrying the queen?
Hades: Genetic mistake
Minion:
Hades: I mean look at you! I neva expected to have such a slowpoke as a son. Is Nigeria not ur mate? No wonder I envy Nigeria's popsy, I should have married his wife
Minion: angry
if na so,then men go dey sex befor mariage 2 dos women dat r contentd wit dia power,aftrall sex is fun nt a wrestlin ring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyinbo Lady Seen Fanning Her Kpekus After Allegedly Visiting A Nigerian Man / Help! I'm Stranded In My Girlfriend House / Why Do African Guys Like Marrying/dating African-american Gals So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.