Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,152 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner (19760 Views)

Importance Of Body Beauty In Choosing A Partner / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by paulworld(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2012
When questions are asked about how people choose their life partners, it becomes quite obvious that most people of today’s modern don’t really know what they need. We most of the time confuse ourselves with need and want. It is therefore not surprising to find more divorce cases rising far above marriage cases. Want, as in relationship is more or less looking at the physical; wanting an attractive man or woman, someone who has money to run the house and the family, someone who can actually support you in future, can really give you good sex and the likes. In today’s issue, we will dive into all these factors to see whether it is necessary to choose a life partner based on some them.

Choosing a life partner based on physical attractiveness is not bad but, before that , it must be taken into consideration that beauty, as it is, is a natural wealth for a short period of time. Humans change with respect to time. If the person does not age, there are other factors that can really take the attractiveness of the without us not able to do anything about it. We are just life flowers, wild and all rosy in the morning but gloomy and weak by night fall. Have you asked yourself whether you will be able to live with the person should all the attractiveness fade away?

Another grave mistake we make when choosing a partner is when the choice is made looking at the financial success of the person. Money is good, no two ways about that but never has it been heard that money buy happiness or love which happens to be key factors that keeps marriages going. Falling for someone based on the financial gains of the person can cause more problems for you than you even expect.

Another factor that influences bad partnership decision is sex. Most ladies especially, when in their youth, desire men who can actually make them feel good in bed. But we must not forget that it is a lifetime decision and a long term execution of plan not a short term one. The problem is that sometimes we forget that it is a long term decision we are taking and thus choosing a partner for that journey should go far beyond the physicalities. Imagine eating one particular food for a month, two or three. Would you ever have an appetite for that particular food in the next month to come? Definitely no! It is same with sex. Having sex with one particular person for a long period of time can be boring sometimes thus not good factor to consider when choosing a partner.

Most people choose to accept anyone as a life partner because of the fact that they are probably ageing. This is most common among women. Most women believe that once they get to their late twenties and still man less, must accept anyone without consideration if not, much about the composition of the man they are going to tie the knot with which sometimes ends up in disaster.

One other factor that is associated with the wrong choice of partners and again commonly found among women is children. I say this is commonly found among women because it is often easy for a man who has children to marry again as compared to women. Research has also proved that. This sometimes leaves women in a position where they accept men who just come their way.

Pity, they say is the sweetest form of love. Actually, I don’t see any sense in that. How can you make a choice of a wife or husband based on that? It is too cheap. If you going out with someone and think the person doesn’t march the kind of husband or wife you intend marrying, why don’t you just forget about the person and ignore the fact that the person will probably change one day. In fact it is the worst mistake and harm you can ever do to yourself. I say this is commonly found among women because it is often easy for a man who has children to marry again as compared to women. Research has also proved that. This sometimes leaves women in a position where they accept men who just come their way.
Pity, they say is the sweetest form of love.Actually, I don’t see any sense in that. How can you make a choice of a wife or husband based on that? It is too cheap. Ifyou going out with someone and think theperson doesn’t march the kind of husbandor wife you intend marrying, why don’t you just forget about the person and ignore the fact that the person will probably change one day. In fact it is the worst mistake and harm you can ever do to yourself.

http://omgghana.com/mistakes-people-make-in-choosing-life-partners/#ixzz2BRHZliFG

13 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by sauceEEP(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
1st to comment. Dancin kukere........... Just recieved a credit alert for d feat.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
Learnt one or 2 things there, but that money issue is a fat lie. I cant love without throwing some money around. Money is the lubricant of love. Ladies, what says y'all.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Iaz93: 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
sauceEEP: 1st to comment. Dancin kukere...........
LOL
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by TableLeg(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Poster..

Ok thank you!
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Birichie(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
mistake u made when u 're not suppose 2 comment on serious topic that involves d elders.....am also watching from the d sideline inorder to gain n learn from pple's experience grin
mistake u made when u 're not suppose 2 comment on serious topic that involves d elders.....am also watching from the d sideline inorder to gain n learn from pple's experience
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Dee60: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Dont marry because of outward beauty or for fine legs. That will fade in no time. Remember, when you mix a rotten egg with a good egg, the egg becomes rotten. The bad always spoils the good, and not vice versa. Likes attract likes. A good man must pray that God will give him a good woman.

Ladies, don't marry him if his character is questionable even if he has a lot of money. Too many ladies fall for that...Unknown to them the man may be owing the banks or is just a 'clean' fraudster!

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Lawconfessor(f): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
sauceEEP: 1st to comment. Dancin kukere........... Just recieved a credit alert for d feat.

U sure U re alright?

@op most of d fins mentioned up der re not generally true.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
This ur write up is too voluminous and verbose. Job tinz now. Lerra tins
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by obi123: 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
dont i repeat dont! marry someone with low self confidence

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by iamswizz(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
At some point i thought i was going to see something on WITCHCRAFT and MERMAID and how to avoid them
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ACM10: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Learnt one or 2 things there, but that money issue is a fat lie. I cant love without throwing some money around. Money is the lubricant of love. Ladies, what says y'all.
I can't agree more. Remember that ancient maxim; "there is no romance without finance". My uncle once told me that love is not sweet without money. Therefore, money is an essential part of love/marriage.
If money is not essential, then why do girls start conversation with, "what do you do for a living?".

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ojubi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
I was speachless when she told me about it some days ago.
Until that day i use to think sex as d women make us pay for it, is only important to men.
Obviously i was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Youngzedd(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Gud job, keep yit up.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Youngzedd(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
ojubi: I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
Until that day i use to think sex as d women make us pay for it, is only important to men.
Obviously i was wrong.
LOL

They like it more than you do.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ACM10: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
ojubi: I know a girl who is currently refusing a marriage proposal from a very promising, God fearing, ambitious, and nice young rich man cos accoding to her d dude does not satisfy her in bed.
Obviously i was wrong.
One famous comedian once said "e dey sweet me e dey sweet u; na who go pay?" Know it today that many women place sex on their priority list. Just that they wont admit it.

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
ACM10:
I can't agree more. Remember that ancient maxim; "there is no romance without finance". My uncle once told me that love is not sweet without money. Therefore, money is an essential part of love/marriage.
If money is not essential, then why do girls start conversation with, "what do you do for a living?".

Actually she asks 'what do you do for a leaving?'. When she ought to have started with am a medical doctor and you are...?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Aaronrod: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
We cannot over-emphasize the ROLE of sex in marriage. When a man cannot satisfy his lady, is it not tempting enough for the woman? Even churches are now preaching about that.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Redmosquito(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
Minion: My King! What mistakes did you make when marrying the queen?
Hades: Genetic mistake
Minion:
Hades: I mean look at you! I neva expected to have such a slowpoke as a son. Is Nigeria not ur mate? No wonder I envy Nigeria's popsy, I should have married his wife
Minion: angry
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by ACM10: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
ferdiii:

Actually she asks 'what do you do for a leaving?'. When she ought to have started with am a medical doctor and you are...?
No! She can never make a pre-emptive introduction. She will expect you to lead the way. When it's her turn, you'll discover that she brought nothing to the table. As a matter of fact, she is liability to you.
The same person will develop love for you on the same day because she sensed that you can afford her financial security which she so much desire.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Nkemika(f): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
very funny how one tend to place sex as top priority. in the religious view, are u suppose to test the man or woman in the first place, i think what makes people place sex on their top list is because they have tried so many and already know which is good or not so instead of focusing on much more values in their partner, they tend to focus about the bed, forgetting that no matter how good u are today, there will be a time when you both will get tired of the routine in bed...what keeps marriages is that unique friendship built.....those days how fathers and mothers will just marry and practice till they become good together in bed. ashawothings#, keep placing your top priority as Sex, Na you get urself plus na u know urself!!!

8 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Mynd44: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Law-confessor:

U sure U re alright?

@op most of d fins mentioned up der re not generally true.
They seriously are not true
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by omaojo1: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
Obviously i was wrong.

God fearing and fornicating? which God are you talking about.

16 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by omaojo1: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
eh
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by omaojo1: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nkemika: very funny how one tend to place sex as top priority. in the religious view, are u suppose to test the man or woman in the first place, i think what makes people place sex on their top list is because they have tried so many and already know which is good or not so instead of focusing on much more values in their partner, they tend to focus about the bed, forgetting that no matter how good u are today, there will be a time when you both will get tired of the routine in bed...what keeps marriages is that unique friendship built.....those days how fathers and mothers will just marry and practice till they become good together in bed. ashawothings#, keep placing your top priority as Sex, Na you get urself plus na u know urself!!!

God bless you this Tuesday afternoon.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by SELFWORTH: 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
omaojo1:

Possibly , NL god. It couldn't possibly be God Almighty .

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by SELFWORTH: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
Aaronrod: We cannot over-emphasize the ROLE of sex in marriage. When a man cannot satisfy his lady, is it not tempting enough for the woman? Even churches are now preaching about that.

Which bible believing church is that? Preaching that sex is the bedrock of a good marriage? This can only be in the 'mushroom ' churches found in Nigeria.

Please confirm which bible they follow.
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by born2boink(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
I dey read as oyinbo dey scatters oyinbo,different brutalise english nak each other, money good,sex good,true love good but both poor,rich,true or fake love will eventually marry to someone,I keep wondering when some beautiful girls marry poor men and some rich men with ugly women,wetin come happen, nak oyinbo gentle make una finger no go commot
Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by deols(f): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
omaojo1:

Me sef dey wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner by Naijapikin1: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Obviously i was wrong.
tell the girl to contact me,and she will be singin “gaga crazy“ all nyt, and all the way to the alter. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each Other / Most Nigerian Girls Are Boring, I Mean Very Boring. / The Benefits Of Drinking Stout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.