Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Robbers Invade Canaanland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Invade Canaanland (18552 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

The innocent victims: 89% (76 votes)
The robbers: 10% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD / Robbers Invade Churches In Imo / Robbers Invade Flood Victims’ Camp In Onitsha, Cart Away With Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2008
if you check my posts you will see i don't attack nobody. i find it offensive that you can quote the bible to defend killing 8 people because the church is evil and not berean like yours.

what church do you attend as a matter of interest?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2008
joshjosh:

if you check my posts you will see i don't attack nobody. i find it offensive that you can quote the bible to defend killing 8 people because the church is evil and not berean like yours.

what church do you attend as a matter of interest?

go through my posts and pls show me where i explicitly or implicitly defending the killing of 8 people.

My church is not urs to know. thank you.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2008
brother wonderful, you are not proud of that lovely church that teach you to hate WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT.

you are a wonderful person. enjoy your thanksgiving tomorrow
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ono(m): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2008
Except that bank is a separate entity, as distinct from the church, one can safely conclude then, that the robbers went to raid a bank very close to Winner's Chapel Hq. And nothing more than that. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

I just want to believe that the bank wasn't a part of the church.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 12:13am On Feb 03, 2008
that is what every sensible person knows but when you get lawless people like this saying
4Him that is what you get when "churches" end up as business empires - - the den of thieves.

then you begin to know why we have such a beautiful country
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 12:18am On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

brother wonderful, you are not proud of that lovely church that teach you to hate WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT.

you are a wonderful person. enjoy your thanksgiving tomorrow

sigh . . . everytime you try to engage a member of the word of faith movement in a meaningful discourse they just have to get sentimental and resort to curses.

ono:

Except that bank is a separate entity, as distinct from the church, one can safely conclude then, that the robbers went to raid a bank very close to Winner's Chapel Hq. And nothing more than that. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

I just want to believe that the bank wasn't a part of the church.

Ono perhaps you are right but i want to believe that the bank is a part of Winners chapel.
I do not support the robbery attack and condolences to the families of the victims.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by hbrednic: 3:58am On Feb 03, 2008
[quote author=joshjosh link=topic=109673.msg1914526#msg1914526 date=1201989758
i hate to say this.  you are evil.
[/quote]

bros why such a bold insult,just because of a simple arguement,quite uncalled for.
we are christians not just by going to church everyday,but by showing examples.may GOD forgive you by calling his creation evil.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ken82(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2008
vengeance is of the lord
lets leave the battle for him
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by egoldman(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2008
I think both sides have right and wrong points , there is need for some balances . There are some excesses with the " Children of God should be rich syndrome " and also we can't just be destitute cos we want to appear as being humble Christians .
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by bastrin(f): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2008
hi everyone,
the real pple that are going to suffer this are the banks, cos the church was not robbed. And I don't believe that the Bishop will tell the bank to forget about the money because robbers took it. therefore the real victims in this case is the bank and not the church so you pple shoould stop this pro and anti Bishop fight. and think of the security problem cos I think that is the only thing that is going to concern the church in this case as for the monitory lose it is the Bank that will suffer it. I pray God to give upple the understsnding to understand this.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by dee02(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2008
armed robbers no dey fear at all sef?
thunder fire dem, robbers wld neva know peace in dis world
can i hear u all say amen?!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
The last time smtg like dis happened in canaanland, the thieves did not go scotfree. i dnt think they will do thesame this time. They are trying God. I notice that anytime papa curses, e dey always catch the person. I dey await results o. But before the curse catch them, mk them parade them well well. Except they become repentant sha.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by AKO1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
Ma sympathy to the loved ones of the deceased,

Roberry is roberry, Cannanland or Allen Avenue,

I find the poll absolutely nonesensical, I repeat absolutely nonsensical,  Why would you justify or support armed robbers? From a christian perspective, there is no excuse for sin; poverty is not an excuse to go and forcefully acquire another man's harvest,

The poll result speaks for itself.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
josh josh. i applaud everything u have said cool. u have taken the words out of my mouth. it smtimes tires me to see some ignorant pple just yapping . i am a covenant university graduate and i know how badly the community needs banks. but some pple who claim to be grads are saying that we dont need banks in the skool environs. i dnt even think they have been to any tertiary institution yet. which institution doesnt have a bank?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
@dee02  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen.

i am not for any bishop. i don't know the man and don't attend his church.  i never knew a Nigerian let alone see a sanctimonious holier than thou Christians rejoice over the death of 8 innocent souls in their enemies church premises.

since when did Nigeria start killing people for being WORD OF FAITH people?

i can understand 4HIM who is against His people technically hating prospering Christians but coming here rejoicing a bank in a church premises was robbed is obscene.  

i have personally been inside a bank during a bank robbery and know how terrifying it is. a bank manager friend was killed during a bank robbery for not giving out strongroom keys. his wife and kids are still in pains years later and some mis-guided hater is here gloating about banks in church premises.

where will it end. next there should be no bank in universities because the school kids have too much money?

thieves are evil and must never be excused especially when they have gone and killed law officers.  

you are permitted to hate it is your body that you are making vulnerable to diseases and sickness
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Pianist: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
Josh josh or Josh Tosh, That sounds familiar. Regards to Sister B
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

i can understand 4HIM who is against His people technically hating prospering Christians but coming here rejoicing a bank in a church premises was robbed is obscene.

You have a serious problem with the truth. Where did i rejoice that a bank was robbed? shocked

janami:

The last time smtg like this happened in canaanland, the thieves did not go scotfree. i dnt think they will do thesame this time. They are trying God. I notice that anytime papa curses, e dey always catch the person. I dey await results o. But before the curse catch them, mk them parade them well well. Except they become repentant sha.

Yet more extra-biblical nonsense . . . because robbers robbed a bank within Canaanland premises they are "trying God"? Pls show me such in your bible.

Papa curses? shocked Where in the bible are we told to curse our enemies?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
since you asked this was your very first post and i wont bother going into the other rubbish you posted.

4Him Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland « #9 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17 PM »
that is what you get when "churches" end up as business empires - - the den of thieves.

did you remember typing that or you were too busy rejoicing?

@ pianist what is familiar and who is your sister B?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Kogilomo(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2008
It is important to point out that the money in the banks within the premises belong to students, workers (lectures, secondary and primary school teachers, artisans and labourers working at different projects within canaanland), the winners chapel, and Ota residents, etc. So the banks within canaanland (Oceanic Bank, etc) are like any other bank branch n Nigeria with the only exception that they are allowed to open their branches within canaanland premises.

It is therefore important to look at this as another bank robbery which is actually a nightmare for the families of the victims and bank workers. This act MUST be condemned by ALL no matter your religious inclination or belief.

To the other point of argument led by 4Him & Co. There will always be areas of disagreement and division in the Church of Jesus. For example, there are those that belief in divine healing and those that say that the time of divine healing is past, some believe in Holy Ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues while some do not, etc. In my opinion, this disagreement will continue until Jesus come and therefore, am not overly worried abut them.

I will only begin to get worried if I see a believer (i.e somebody who is Born Again) arguing that Jesus is not the Saviour and Redeemer or there is another way of salvation outside of Christ and some of these basic Christian doctrines.

In closing, I will to ask the following questions:
1. Is it wrong for a church to establish schools?
2. Is it wrong for a church to establish hospitals?
3. Is it wrong for banks to establish branches within the compound of the church if they so desire?
4. Is it wrong for a church to have internet address and broadcast their messages on the internet?
5. Is it wrong for the church to have buses to transport members to & from church? I know winners chapel have over 200 buses for transporting members to church free of charge. It is also on record that they give scholarships to any students each year).

I have been a victim of armed robbery and it was not a funny incident and I don’t wish for anybody to witness it. May God help our Nigeria.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

since you asked this was your very first post and i wont bother going into the other rubbish you posted.

did you remember typing that or you were too busy rejoicing?

is that what you erroneously assumed to be "rejoicing"? You typify the average blind member of the WOFM, they pretend outwardly to be "godly", inside they are spiritually empty . . . they practice religion but are nothing but whitened sepulchres (remember the pharisees) . . . they twist the scriptures to read "blessings" (see covetuousness) even when it is not saying so . . . they curse you when you point out their extra-biblical twaddle . . . their religious leaders are demigods to them who can never be challenged . . . NEVER will you see them address christian issues by opening their bibles. Sentiment is their guide, money is their god.

To kogilomo's questions:

Kogilomo:

In closing, I will to ask the following questions:
1. Is it wrong for a church to establish schools?
2. Is it wrong for a church to establish hospitals?
3. Is it wrong for banks to establish branches within the compound of the church if they so desire?
4. Is it wrong for a church to have internet address and broadcast their messages on the internet?
5. Is it wrong for the church to have buses to transport members to & from church? I know winners chapel have over 200 buses for transporting members to church free of charge. It is also on record that they give scholarships to any students each year).

1. Yes especially when it is established with church funds but caters only to the rich.
2. Yes . . . again read my reply to question 1. The essence of the church is to preach the gospel not to "provide services to the community" which is essentially a smokescreen for using it as a business empire.
3. Not really . . . the banks see the church as a business center anyway.
4. Definitely not.
5. No.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
4 or shall we say against Him probably was born at st. mary's hospital and thereafter went to st. james school or maybe that should  be st. judas.

the bobo is unbelievable. i definately think he is either ogboni's local secretary or jehovah witness or olumba people. he is not saying

@AGAINST HIM  i wont bother with you again. you have blue blood running in your veins.

you heard that song

Jesus is calling you o sinner
o sinner come
Jesus is calling you o sinner
O sinner come.

all mankind are sinners.  it doesn't matter what lenght of trouser you wear or how much you love poverty.

stop your hating and using bible to justify your hate. there must be a spot in satan's hell you are trying to reserve for yourself with your vernom and hatred.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

stop your hating and using bible to justify your hate. there must be a spot in satan's hell you are trying to reserve for yourself with your vernom and hatred.

if only you could use the bible to justify your own bleeding obvious hate and curses. tongue
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
this is my last post to a restless sinner like you. you are a very divisive person . you must be a very difficult person to live with. stop thinking you and your sect are the only righteous christian in nigeria. look what a muslim said about you somewhere else.
@4Him: David, you are all over the map! You never stop! Do you bit for christianity, get a legitimate yam to chop, raw, boiled, fried or roasted! Just do it, before you burst a tube.

you have the ugly worm of religious spirits running all over your body i dont have your time.

i am out of here now i will be back next weekend to see your latest rantings.

by the way is it not your duty to be out there selling watchtower and awake now or whatever ? what are you doing on the net. i saw you allowed your WOFM to use the internet because even uncle NAZI david is using it to tormet WOFM people online. satan just approved your visa to his abode. you will be one zealous usher there. watch out for david oyedepo if you see his shadow there.

i will start looking out for your word of faith people. never heard that one before.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ifyalways(f): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2008
A_K_O:

Ma sympathy to the loved ones of the deceased,

Roberry is roberry, Cannanland or Allen Avenue,

I find the poll absolutely nonesensical, I repeat absolutely nonsensical, Why would you justify or support armed robbers? From a christian perspective, there is no excuse for sin; poverty is not an excuse to go and forcefully acquire another man's harvest,

The poll result speaks for itself.
word !
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

watch out for david oyedepo if you see his shadow there.

David Oyedepo is but a man . . . why shld i be afraid of a man? Typical WOFM extr-biblica twaddle.

Joshjosh . . .even a sinner does not curse as much as you do. You must have so much hate stored up inside you. grin Seek help while you can bro.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by KollyJay(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
This is serious my brother,

4Him or against them or what the hell you call yourself, I think some armed robbers re already posting on nairaland o, And uncle seun shld alert the police of the IP address, who knows if they can be caught, LOL,  smiley

If any of the victims were to be your relative, I know u wont ever ever talk this way,

JoshJosh, Plz keep going, I think its high time we put sanity into some empty heads that aruge here unnecessarily on this our great naija number 1 forum,

Arguments shld be based on good points, not just aruguing for the sake of it.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2008
kollyjay, calm down and read before talking.

I will repeat for the 100th time . . . i do not support armed robbery, it is wrong! My bone of contention had NOTHING to do with the robbery if you people bothered to read at all . . . but more to do with the WOFM.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by KollyJay(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
4Him,

U know wot? each time you come up here and declare you dont support the robbers, it makes me think does this guy know wot he's saying @ all?

U claim not, but u re acutally and vividly opposining the cannaland instead of the robbers, Any way, Uncle seun, I still need the IP address o, U knows,
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2008
KollyJay:

4Him,

You know wot? each time you come up here and declare you don't support the robbers, it makes me think does this guy know wot he's saying @ all?

You claim not, but u re acutally and vividly opposining the cannaland instead of the robbers, Any way, Uncle seun, I still need the IP address o, You knows,

I'm not surprised you think so. So to oppose Canaanland (as a contradiction of biblical principles) is to support the robbers? Are you thinking upside down?

Orchestrating an armed robbery from half way around the world must be a monumental feat dont u think so? cheesy
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by KollyJay(m): 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hi guys here,

Am not really surprise, Someone actually pointed to the the way this guy was speaking against RCCG in another thread, so We can easily conclude kind of man he is.

Anyway, Against Him or so, may I ask? how was the thanksgiving service? Hope the choir rendered a danceable song and u really displayed your dancing skills cos your fellow man was killed.

Anyway, JoshJosh and other gud pple that oppose robbery, I think it will be baseless to continue with this thread since the man has actually determined to be against pple of God and their church.

But there is still a good question to ask him,  Whatz the name of your church Sir? I think, we from naira land can recommend a better school of disciple for your pastor, so that he can teach you the truth and how not to turn the bible upside down. 

Lastly, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3John vs 2.

My brother, read your bible well well ooo,  smiley

God help us 4 naija,
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2008
KollyJay:

But there is still a good question to ask him, Whatz the name of your church Sir? I think, we from naira land can recommend a better school of disciple for your pastor, so that he can teach you the truth and how not to turn the bible upside down.

Pls show me the "school of discipleship" that brother Paul or Apostle Peter attended. Yet more extra-biblical lies.
The truth is to be found only within the pages of the bible and NOT in a school . . . Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life . . . not ur school.
You accuse me of turning the bible upside down, i am yet to get a cogent verse of scripture from any of you showing me where i am wrong.

KollyJay:

Lastly, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3John vs 2.

My brother, read your bible well well ooo, smiley

At least you blessed me (God bless you too and i wish you the same as 3 John 2) . . . i cant say the same for fellow "christians" like joshjosh who prefer to rain curses while pretending an outward appearance of religiousity.

I am reading my bible well, i cant say the same for you.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 9ja4eva: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2008
Sad news.

May their soul rest in peace.

Robbers no dey fear church oh.

Hope dey mob dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized / Uche Ekwunife Supporters Group Protests Against Senator Umeh In Awka (Photos) / Enugu Man, Ben Nwoye Donates His Personal Residence To Tinubu/Shettima Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.