Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Robbers Invade Canaanland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Invade Canaanland (18541 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

The innocent victims: 89% (76 votes)
The robbers: 10% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD / Robbers Invade Churches In Imo / Robbers Invade Flood Victims’ Camp In Onitsha, Cart Away With Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
ENOUGH!!!! enough of all these criticism,
@4him
yu nid to be clear bout stuff before yu talk.i rili rili luv d way yu argue.u shld be given an oscar.well datz by d way.I am a student of covenant university.Yes,there are banks,restaurants,a church,schools in canaanland.bt lemme be quick to point out dat,canaanland is jst lyk an estate.the only difference is dat it was dedicated to God.jst lyk a normal estate,there cud be all these for d convenience of the occupants, Listen,the banks are not part of the church.for all i knw,those pple mite nt even be christians, they jst built their offices there.there is even a petrol station and odaz.jst for the convenience of people.who sayz they give their proceeds to bishop?hell no they dntt.they jst paid for the land lyk every normal area.y talk as if the bank is in the church?hav yu bin dere to c thingz for urself?pls dnt stay in ignorance.i undastand wat u tryna say bt itz nt wat u think.as a student,i find d bank very convenient.i put my moni in it.dere is spring,uba,oceanic,whicheva one yu choose.also the restaraunt,if vistors lyk u cum dere,u cud jst eat dere.so papa didnt actually build d bankz himself.if nt dnt u think we'd hav all the banks dere for free?pls seeing is believing.come and experience God's work.thank you.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
againstHim and his church have already forgiven them. so may they never be caught because it is ok to bob in premises that dont understand the bible.

i always get suspicious when i see these former native doctors starts carrying bible.  the old unforgiveness they do with ease never leave them.  today it is WOFM tomorrow it is women who wear trousers next it is people that buy new cars "under the cloak of false humility"

i didn't curse you and will never curse no one. i only told you what you are  evil. and you have not proved otherwise.  you are only saying now condolence after all your rubish about what you get for banks in church premises.

mercy and love are christian virtues
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
joshjosh:

mercy and love are christian virtues

yeah i know, i'm just glad you did not pretend to possess those.

@ jaylinaa . . . there has been a whole lot of confusion, misrepresentation and deliberate skewing of my statements to say what i never meant.
I am not against having a bank for convenience purposes.

My point is simple: Quite unlike the ministry of Christ and the early apostles . . . why have our churches today become estates and business empires?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2008
@4him
i lyk intelligent pple.nd u seem lyk one.God's prosperity is working in Winner's chapel, pple contributed to make sure the school was born, As a student,am gettin more dan i paid for, we r being groomed to be future generation leaders with seven core values includin integrity,nt leaders dat wud swindle the nation's money, the estate is jst a mass of land nd it is for different purposes.he did nt do it for free wit any church money, it is being paid for by people who choose to use it for one thing or d oda.tell me,[color=#006600][/color]if pastors do not work except with d church,how wud they feed?the same pple dat criticize dem wud question how they got their money if nt frm tithes nd offering, bt anywayz,i respect ur opinion,
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
jaylinaa:

God's prosperity is working in Winner's chapel.

Thanks jaylinaa for making this discourse more about issues than a deliberate attack on my person unlike "christians" such as joshjosh.

I have one question: do you understand what God's idea of prosperity is?
Is prosperity measured in terms of money? should we then conclude that "God's prosperity" is also working at Microsoft?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Sarin(f): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2008
God have mercy!! And come to think of it, this robbers might even go back to the same church to give their 10% offering. This is serious
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Opoki(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
I believe those thieves can't escape the wroth of God,
And very soon nemesis will catch up with them.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:06am On Feb 04, 2008
May the souls of those unfortunate victims rest in peace, amen. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by bastrin(f): 12:35am On Feb 04, 2008
Hi evri1,
You guys shld leave 4Him alone pls, you pple are after Bishop, church, bank moni and forgeting evrytin else the Christ is the Authr n finisher of our faith. It is high time u see the point he is making leave these earthly things Alone afterall even if it is the churchs moni, the bank will still pay for it cos it was stolen frm d bank. You guys shld get ur acts rit n think well.
I believe Heavn is our goal. For the robbers they are even beta dan some of us cos de don't pretend, and SIN IS SIN no big or small sin, some of us hide thinking that nobody sees us, but God knows us all. So let us all think of how to make Heavn and leave Bishop and the robbers alone God de. And pls it is free to respect ur Bishop, but stop the worshiping of Bishop and quote ur bible and not Bishop. instead quote Jesus for he is the way the truth and the Life.
God be for us all. Cheers.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Esss(m): 5:28am On Feb 04, 2008
OBOY, Those armed robbers don HAMMER. Imagine those guyz for their cribs now. Na moet and crystal dem go dey drink. Dem go come dey play Yahooze.

The money wey dem thief reach moni to read one state budget? Just imagine if dem pull the hit on a monday morning wen all the sunday offering moni still dey inside the vaults. Kai, dem go just resign from thief work.

Make convenant no worry if dem wan recover the money kiakia, make dem just hold one week crusade, one week retreat, 3-day power packed miracle extravaganza, I swear say dem go just recover.

But those thief dem get mind sha!! To go thief God money ontop that still kpai 3 people, this one takes much more than guts. Dis wan show say these robbers no dey fear God. Dis kind wan na ehn dey bring Nemesis join person family tree. Na wa O!

No be like say i dey talk say wetin the thief ppl do good o! but I mean somebody has to look at it from their angle, dem try.

May the souls of the dead rest in peace and Father forgive those robbers for they knew not what they were doing.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Esss(m): 6:15am On Feb 04, 2008
Almost forgot, WHATS UP WITH THESE CONVENANTERS CALLING OYEDEPO PAPA??

Na ehn born una??

I know you will all come with the spritual father thing but You are students and not disciples.

That out of the way, I still think those robbers really don HAMMER.  shocked

But yall dont need to worry, I'm sure papa I mean Oyedepo has got Insurance, he'll get his monies back.

And all those ppl who are sayin papa , Oyedepo should curse those robbers, This is what I have to ask you;

HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE OR CURSE.

monday, tuesday, wenesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday,************ Church dey hustle, and the following week, gbo gbo aye, Yahoooze, the music.

Once again May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

Warning; I do not in anyway condone, encourage, advocate or support armed robbery or any crime be it financial or violent. I also advice all those involved in such nefarious activities to desist and turn a new leaf. I also advise people with information about criminals in their neighbourhood or families or thier crimes to report them to the  nearest police staton. Remember the police is your friend.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Jakumo(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2008
If armed robbers visit a Nigerian miracle church to relieve the smooth-talking pastor of the money that he extracted from desperate poor people by promising them fictitious bumper returns on their donations when they arrive in heaven, then such an invasion should not be considered a robbery but rather a routine re-distribution of stolen money back into the hands of desperate poor people, though not necessarily the same people who were tricked out of the money in the first place.

If the money-grubbing pastor is brutally killed by the robbers during the robbery, that clinical elimination should not be considered a murder but a much-needed public service which neutralizes a very evil man who had been preying ( no pun intended ) on the poor by using the name of God to justify his own rabid greed, materialism and deception.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Kemjisuper(m): 9:00am On Feb 04, 2008
No comments from me sad I'm just glad no student was hurt in the incident. They'll surely get their reward undecided

Cheers
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by JAZES(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2008
I believe that nobody in his right senses will approve the armed robbery attack that happened at Canaanland and i dont believe 4Him approve it either. Having read thru all the comments and views of pple on this issues one wonders what xtians beliefs have turned to these days and what are being taught in our churches today.Imagine a situation where majority of xtians dont even know the reason and significance of Christ's death.
A situation where many xtians are taught by their Pastors,Bishops,G.O etc on too many extrabiblical beliefs is pathetic and leaving out the main reason why Christ died.These teaching span across the following:
1.Christ died that i might become rich.
2.He died for my breakthrough
3.For the singles that i might get a good husband and wife.
4.He died for my shame and reproach.
5.He died for my miracles and healing.
I could go on and on but the above are the common doctrines that are being preached in our churches today but i dare say that if the above are the only reasons christ died for us then we are the most of all mankind foolish and our faith is in vain.
Lets ask ourselves these simple questions:
Do we have wealthy people in this world before christ's death? or better put after his death do all xtians suddenly become rich? Before the death of christ people are rich in this world and will continue to be rich even after his death.Infact one of the weathiest nations in this world today dont believe in the death of christ.If you have ever been to Saudi Arabia u will appreciate what am saying.
Get this and get it straight that Jesus never die to make you rich.Is God not a liberal giver doesnt he make the rain to fall on both the wicked and the good and i dare to say that any man who follow the simple rules of the earth and work hard will be blessed beyond measures.
What we have today are lazy preachers who never teach people the truth of God's word and lazy followers who wants the easy way out of sow and u will reap without ever wanting to work.This has made it possible for these so called pastors,bishops and G.O's to make a cheap merchandise of the saints.
Lets check it do the richest people in this world believe in the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ our lord? Is Bill Gate a xtian i.e does he believe in the death,burial and resurrection of christ? I leave that for you to find out or didn't Jesus himself say that "what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and looses his own soul";that means is possible for a man to be the richest man in dis world and not believe in the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
2.Providing answer to the 2nd question.
Jesus never died for your breakthrough either its financial breathrough,business or marital.
The reason most pple go to church today is because of breakthrough as preached by the "man of GOLD" who promised them christ will give them breakthrough in their biz and so many other promises the man of gold promised.All those teachings are nothing but lies from the pit of hell.
3.Christ never die to give you husband or wife.
The Jesus Christ i receive and believe in didnt die for that.Animals on the streets mate and give birth everyday,except we want to say Jesus die for them too.
4.He never die for your reproach and shame.Plsssssssss lets stop all of those believes and read our bible.
5.He never die for miracles and healings either.
Though through out his ministry on earth healings and miracles are very visible yet thats not what he died for. Infact throughout his ministry he performed so many miracles that John the beloved confess that the book in the whole world cannot contain the miracles he performed if they were to be written down(John 21:25).
Yes he performed so many miracles but my brother and sister thats not the reason he died.Infact most of the people that said crucify him are some of the people he healed.
The only reason Christ died is for the SIN of mankind.The only thing God has a against Mankind is the problem of SIN which Jesus paid for.
God never has problem with whether a man is rich or poor,has breakthrough or not ,married or not but that a man should be saved.
The whole issue of the death of christ is the salvation of mankind and nothing more.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by YangaRat: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2008
Jazes ya writing don full plenty paper but na only you go sabi the meaning of all this so-so fake bible 'tory when you dey waste ya time dey write like say them pay you to write am.

Abi you dey take us practice for ya future job as chop-chop miracle pastor ?    Good luck my brother, and make you no forget to call me if you need driver after when you don chop poor people them money finish come go buy new 'Benz.    Na ya eye we dey look o.

Monkey no fine but him mama love am.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by johhnnie(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2008
it seems we are all 4getting something and only attach sentiments, the thief comes to steal kill, destroy etc irrespective of places. whatever spiritual meaning what happened was a physical manifestation, On the other hand, for God,s sake, any right thinking designer thinks of socio-economic and environmental conviniences for the inhabitants of his/her designs moreso in this jet age. presence of banks in the church premises, moreso canaan land that is more on the is 4 conviniences. imagine the students having to pay school fees and opening accounts for their upkeeps and moreso 4 money transfer. i think we take a break on this case, thank you
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by peteroby(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2008
this is a sad news but we can do better when we take security more seriously.how many of these churches or Estates are rated high security.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ashaby(f): 11:05am On Feb 04, 2008
HI NLANDERS,
I was in church i.e canaanland y'day, and believe u me. Bishop Oyedepo did what was contrary to everyone's expectation. He just declared a praise galore saying the devil is a liar. What with the recent pronoucement in the Guiness book of World records that winners chapel is the biggest church building in the whole wide world.

So my advice is this, stop criticizing any and every one. DO SOMETHING TO PUT THE NAME OF UR COUNTRY ON EAGLES WINGS. CIAO
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2008
armed robberies, to be successful, require inside information.

insiders are typically disgruntled ( boy boy dey work daddy go  dey chop) or just plain dishonest ( can you imagine, we cleared over 15Millon in offering this week!i must chop my portion!) elements

one wonders what the true state of the souls of the employees of  the 'House of God'

some junior pastors are probably sharing the loot right now as we speak
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by herthesir(f): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2008
pls watch u words.and watch wat u say about a man of god.dont mock a man of god.if want to comment about the robery,do that without sins.pls
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by shawn123: 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
24 hours to confess. look thieves have come, they have stolen and they have gone. All this Oyedipo said this or did this will not solve anything. He is no God, Just a human being. What we should concetrate on is how to improve the security of the premises. Solutions not critism, i understand the banks are Ocanic, uba and the rest. those banks don belong to Oyedipo, probably just pay rent for operations. Solutions people not ignorant superstituos talk. Money don go nothing go happen o!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by shawn123: 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2008
24 hours to confess. look thieves have come, they have stolen and they have gone. All this Oyedipo said this or did this will not solve anything. He is no God, Just a human being. What we should concetrate on is how to improve the security of the premises. Solutions not critism, i understand the banks are Ocanic, uba and the rest. those banks don belong to Oyedipo, probably just pay rent for operations. Solutions people not ignorant superstituos talk. Money don go nothing go happen o!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by cecegorz(m): 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Seun, The Administartor

What do u really mean by that Opinion poll of voting either being for the victims or the thieves.
Can any sensible person ever be in support of simple pick-pockets? not to talk of avowed agents of darkness who kill and maim innocent citizens just to 'hammer and drink champagne', like one of them gleefully posted here?

Pls, i know u are wiser than this, yank off that poll options or better still, modify it. It insults people's sensibility.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2008
Esss:

Almost forgot, WHATS UP WITH THESE CONVENANTERS CALLING OYEDEPO PAPA??

Na ehn born una??

I know you will all come with the spritual father thing but You are students and not disciples.

That out of the way, I still think those robbers really don HAMMER. shocked

But yall don't need to worry, I'm sure papa I mean Oyedepo has got Insurance, he'll get his monies back.

And all those people who are sayin papa , Oyedepo should curse those robbers, This is what I have to ask you;

HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE OR CURSE.

monday, tuesday, wenesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday,************ Church dey hustle, and the following week, gbo gbo aye, Yahoooze, the music.

Once again May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

Warning; I do not in anyway condone, encourage, advocate or support armed robbery or any crime be it financial or violent. I also advice all those involved in such nefarious activities to desist and turn a new leaf. I also advise people with information about criminals in their neighbourhood or families or their crimes to report them to the nearest police staton. Remember the police is your friend.
Abeg No kill me with laugh. No be small hammer them hammer
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2008
posting based on trend of replies and not topic

i am a member of one of those multibillion naira churches that has its multibillion naira camp on lagos-ibadan express way. while i believe in my church and in its doctrine, i take exceptions to the impact it has on the righteousness of nigerians or its members. fact is our churches are growing bigger but members are not getting better (spiritually, financailly or in anyway). those robbers would have churches they attend. and would probably have giving thanks on sunday for their success. same way nigerian politicians give thanks in their churches, after looting money meant to save lives in public hospitals, alleviate poverty or fix killer bad roads. what the robbers did is quite small compared with what our politicians do daily. but funny thing is they seat in front in our churches. and have easier assess to our pastors. and yes, they have their children in covenant university.

i feel for the innocent victims. being someone that suffered a lose recently.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by AKO1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2008
@4Him,
Are you advocating that christians/pastors/churches live poor? I hope not. If a church prospers so much that it can build an empire like Canaanland, i think it's only envy that will not rejoice with them. I think so.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by AKO1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2008
@4Him,
Are you advocating that christians/pastors/churches live poor? I hope not. If a church prospers so much that it can build an empire like Canaanland, i think it's only envy that will not rejoice with them. I think so.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by AKO1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2008
Sorry for posting the previous one 2ce!!!

4Him you mentioned something about God's prosperity not being measured by money. Let me hust share my own perspective.

There is prosperity from God that is material. Definately. Cant remember exactly where, but somewhere in the NT, Jesus says that you (us men) being evil, when our children ask for bread we wont give them stone or when they ask for fish we wont give them serpent, that how much more shall our heavenly Father give good things to them that ask.
You will agree with me that fish and bread are material things, so we could conclude that the good things Jesus mentions border around material things; how much more shall God give 'fish' and 'bread' to them that ask,
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by AKO1(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
@4Him again, dont worry no hard feelings,

You mentiond that churches today have become estates and business empires unlike Christ's ministry,

estates, Jesus preached to multitudes; fed the 5000, this no excludes women and children,

If our pastors today are to follow Jesus this way, it would only be descent and '21st century like' to acquire a land and build a descent structure that will comfortably accomodate people.
If you'll agree with me, some of the hardships Paul and co went through was because of the technology of their day. If they had airplanes, we would not hear of Paul being shipwrecked. I also dont think he would have had successive plane crashes because God know he won't survive to write the epistles we now read.

However, some of these adversities were deliberately allowed by God to teach them certain lessons; certain things cant be done the easy way eg if Paul was self reliant and always comfortabe, he probably would not have appreciated and penned down Phil 4:19, my God SHALL supply all my needs,

Just a rational opinon!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by seguno2: 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2008
skyope:

posting based on trend of replies and not topic

i am a member of one of those multibillion naira churches that has its multibillion naira camp on lagos-ibadan express way. while i believe in my church and in its doctrine, i take exceptions to the impact it has on the righteousness of nigerians or its members. fact is our churches are growing bigger but members are not getting better (spiritually, financailly or in anyway). those robbers would have churches they attend. and would probably have giving thanks on sunday for their success. same way nigerian politicians give thanks in their churches, after looting money meant to save lives in public hospitals, alleviate poverty or fix killer bad roads. what the robbers did is quite small compared with what our politicians do daily. but funny thing is they seat in front in our churches. and have easier assess to our pastors. and yes, they have their children in covenant university.

i feel for the innocent victims. being someone that suffered a lose recently.

Thanks so much skyope for your comments.
I just wonder when our pentecostal pastors will start behaving as Jesus & the Apostles did in the 4 gospels, the Acts and Paul's epistles i.e. preach the word and lead the way in:

* Love your neighbour as yourself
* Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

I am still waiting to hear of subsidised schools, healthcare etc from churches even if only for its members, particularly in rural areas as they evangelise there. that was what the whites did, in part, to make the gospel get to us.

Shalom
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by youngies(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

After reading all the posts made and the points adduced so far, I think that 4Him have been able to make his point very clear without any ambiguity.

No matter how we try to colour it or the level of 'Bishop worshiping' has left much to be desired in some christains. There is no denying the fact that our churches are fast becoming business conglomerates. Even the conservative Catholics and Anglicans are gradually joining this business mentality kind of running the church.

CU and there likes are not the 1st mission's school we are having in this country. Back in the recent past when we used to have mostly Catholic, Anglican,  Methodist or Baptist  mission's school, we all know what it used to be like in those days. They were schools that anybody and everybody that wants to go school can afford and not this type that it is only the upper class can afford

There main thrust of those missions school then was not to be in the Guinness Book of record as having the biggest auditorium or having estates with resident banks, filling station, shopping malls, hospitals and movie theatres, but to instill the highest and the best ethical and moral standards in their students while at the same time propagating the good news.

I do not blame some of the people cursing 4Him because of his postulations. I reckon that they are simply young people whose views have no benefit of any hindsight.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
A_K_O:

@4Him,

I will not write much but i will suggest you read JAZES' post, it beautifully encapsulates my own feelings. though long i would enjoin you to seek for the answers you want there.

skyope:

what the robbers did is quite small compared with what our politicians do daily. but funny thing is they seat in front in our churches. and have easier assess to our pastors. and yes, they have their children in covenant university.

Mr. Skyope . . . if not that i'm at work i almost wanted to give u a standing ovation for bringing out this oh so uncomfortable truth! Like i said earlier . . . can you imagine King Herod sitting in the front row during Apostle Paul's ministry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari / APC’s Problems Began With Saraki’s Coup As Senate President – Lai Mohammed / APC Nullifies Suspension Of Amaechi, Expulsion Of Giadom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.