Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,876 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone (24166 Views)

Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters / Us Drone Downed By Iran With Its Cyber Warfare Team. Picture / Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by emmatok(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2012
So Iran can't takedown an ordinary UAV.
This even surprised the US commanders.
So much for boasting.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by RedLight1: 12:07am On Nov 09, 2012
livethinme:

Iran isnt part of the Arab world, because Iran is not an Arab nation....
i know... but 90% of people there are muslims
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by erniok(m): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

it is you that needs to go online and learn how drone works, it is capable of spying on iran from that distance.
Don't let me question your intelligence. How does the working of a drone relate to this aggression. Was it in iranian airspace?
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by SamMilla1(m): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2012
Flying from California to Hawai takes over 5 hours and yet there iis no international airspace there.

From Eastern Kuwait to Iran is less than 30 minutes and USA designated it 'international airspace'.

Silly bullying.
What are they doing in Persian gulf?
Why not try that in St Petersburg or Beijing

5 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by SamMilla1(m): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
emmatok: So Iran can't takedown an ordinary UAV.
So much for boasting.

You are very daft to think like this.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Areaboy2(m): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
igbo2011: Iran can defend itself somewhat. What would Nigeria do in this situation? Could they defend theirself against America?

you are going too far!! say we piss south africa off.. Have you seen their airforce ? shocked
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by erniok(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2012
So much for boasting.
Not that the iranians couldn't bring it down. The drone was not in their airspace. Guess they were telling US intelligence " big brother is watching you".

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by LagosBoi2(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2012
[quote
author=igbo2011]Iran can defend itself somewhat. What would Nigeria do
in this situation? Could they defend theirself against America?[/quote]

no we have noting to defend, we are their slaves, they give orders and jonathan follows cos no be all nigerians be mumu

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Areaboy2(m): 12:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Sam Milla: Flying from California to Hawai takes over 5 hours and yet there iis no international airspace there.

From Eastern Kuwait to Iran is less than 30 minutes and USA designated it 'international airspace'.

Silly bullying.
What are they doing in Persian gulf?
Why not try that in St Petersburg or Beijing

cos they only wana bully the weakest undecided. soon.. when Iran goes on nuke mode, they'll back off

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by RedLight1: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2012
acidtalk:

You are a DISGRACE to those who paid you way through school. In this case when did America start being in the Gulf region that their drones are patrolling the air space?

Drop sentiments aside and reason like a human being.
i will reply u in a more mature way even though u are a kid and what we are discussing here myt seems a alien to u

...d question is, was american drone one iran soil? iran has being aggressive .. american drone was conducting routine surveillance in international waters over the Arabian Gulf so what exactly did iran want? why woulda shot american drone when its not spying on them?
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 09, 2012
Area_boy:

F-16's are old grin grin grin

F-22 Raptor BABEH!!! grin grin

But they will have to deal with mig 35's and Sukhoi 35 smiley

The same raptor that has oxygen problems, no? undecided

The US Air Force still use F-16s for most of its air combat and Su-25 can hold its own against them...

So, they're not that old to be honest...
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by 360command: 12:19am On Nov 09, 2012
Iran finish the US.... i hate US.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by roymary: 12:19am On Nov 09, 2012
Abeg How we go take do this BOKO HARAM PEOPLE NA THAT ONE DEY WORRY ME PASS FOR NOW. IRAN GO HEAR AM WHEN TIME REACH AND AMERICA SEF NO GO GET REST...

NO WINNER FOR THIS MATTER.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2012
erniok:
Don't let me question your intelligence. How does the working of a drone relate to this aggression. Was it in iranian airspace?

both of them ar players,,dey knw d game....rmba d drone was on a routine surveillance...wat is america observing in dat particular area,,,did dey plant corns deir ?? ..dats anoda man's territory for Gadsake .....u de go person premises hold camera,,,wetin u wan go do dere if no b to go spy,,,dis is commonsensical...u just av to reason it .

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by 50calibre(m): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Area_boy:

not quite! All it has going for it is stealth. The Russians see stealth as a waste of time cos you can never really be "invincible". American should have learnt their lesson when their prized F1-17 was shot down over Bosnia!!! Ooops... what embarrassment. The supposedly "invincible" aircraft shot down by an inferior army? lol.

i'll put my money on that MIG 35 cool

keep in mind the MIG is at least 3 years newer than the
raptor

Plus the raptor has a combat radius of 510 nautical miles (at super cruise speed) while the mig has 620nm combat radius (at normal cruise) grin, would be fun to watch

Yeah you may be right! Also i think the US army who are the only operators of that fighter have cut down production as well.

but what of maneuverability and speed? I strongly believe the raptor is still somehow superior to the MIG. If not why are the US so reluctant to sell them, I still believe there are some capabilities of the raptor they want to keep secret.

Besides you know the russians can't compete with the US when it comes to precision engineering and complexity, so they go for size. The US can target just one house in a region with deadly precision and destroy it without unnecessary casualty while the russians will just blow up everything. Just look at their hydrogen bomb "Tsar Bomber"
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 09, 2012
All of you haters I wonder what your families are doing in USA. Why are you not in Iran if you like the country so much?

5 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by caesaraba(m): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2012
So much for boasting.

Iran could have easily taken down the drone by firing AAM's (Air-to-Air Missiles) at the drone. What they fired were warning shots to make Uncle Sam's little spy plane back off.

Remember some months ago, Iran took down an American drone by shutting it down through the use of cyber-warfare technology. That drone was put on display for days before being taken by their scientists for research (possibly reverse engineering).

E be like say Iran get some 'teeth' afterall.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by erniok(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2012
jehovahnoni: both of them ar players,,dey knw d game....rmba d drone was on a routine surveillance...wat is america observing in dat particular area,,,did dey plant corns deir ?? ..dats anoda man's territory for Gadsake .....u de go person premises hold camera,,,wetin u wan go do dere if no b to go spy,,,dis is commonsensical...u just av to reason it .
Correction, international airspace is a no man's land and this is why the US is irked. Remember Iran shot down an American drone and nothing happened cos it was in their airspace.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 09, 2012
all4naija: All of you haters I wonder what your families are doing in USA. Why are you not in Iran if you like Iran so much?

What's US doing in that gulf? What would you say if US also tried to bring down Iranian drone close to Florida? What's so special about US? Do they have blue blood? Guy, leave matter.

4 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Kx: 12:33am On Nov 09, 2012
On the home front, while iran and usa are flexing muscle over dis drone issue,
2 expensive Nigerian drones, we were made to know, are indoors somewhere in Benin surveiling rats and cockroaches.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 09, 2012
World and hypocrisy, so USA have right to own nuclear weapons, Israel has nuclear weapons but Iran can not ? This coming war, we should not underrate anyone, revolution was not expected but it happened, American needs to thread carefully,,,Israel has no right to control the whitehouse.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by erniok(m): 12:36am On Nov 09, 2012
Kx: On the home front, while iran and usa are flexing muscle over dis drone issue,
2 expensive Nigerian drones, we were made to know, are indoors somewhere in Benin surveiling rats and cockroaches.
Lol. My brother, no be small rat ohh. Na those big ones. Na we dey use corruption fall our own hands
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption:

What's US doing in that gulf? What would you say if US also tried to bring down Iranian drone close to Florida? What's so special about US? Do they have blue blood? Guy, leave matter.
US is in the Gulf for security purposes. If not for USA Kuwait would have be overrun by Saddam army and terrorized the people. If not for USA in the gulf Iran(with the help of Russia) would have be arming some rogue states in the Middle East to prey on their neighbors. If not for the US in the Gulf Russia Nuclear weapon proliferation would have been out of control. If not for US in Middle East most countries security would be compromised, the small countries like Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, UAE,etc by the bullies like Iran, Syria,etc.

Please, I am not going to leave the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 09, 2012
erniok: I bet it won't hurt us ro take our time to read the whole post, digest it before commenting. The drone was in the international airspace, east of kuwait (america,s ally) and not in iran so the aggression was uncalled for (could also be the reason they didn't shoot it down). Iran is beating the war drum, hope they can stand the heat.
NOT ONLY CAN THEY STAND THE HEAT, THEY WILL WIN THE WAR. THEY HAVE A MEETING WITH DESTINY. LET THE WEAK SAY I AM STRONG ( THE BOOK OF JOEL )

AHMEDINEJAD IS PREPARING THE WAY FOR THE SECOND COMING.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 09, 2012
erniok:
Correction, international airspace is a no man's land and this is why the US is irked. Remember Iran shot down an American drone and nothing happened cos it was in their airspace.
wait a minute,,,ar dey surveilling d airspace or land..wat is in d airspace dat dey will survey?it is d land dat dey will survey n for wat reason?,,,letsay d airspace is international..i agree..but is d land international ?how many country owns d land?....had it been d drone was passin by,no problem..but it was busy making close observations on ground activities frm d airspace..taking advantage of it being international to poke nose on deir land...,,,its just like passin in a public road n lookin into sumone's compound,,,wat did u keep dere ?,,,moreover no one will challenge u for passin...but pokin nose is challengable .

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2012
Billyonaire: World and hypocrisy, so USA have right to own nuclear weapons, Israel has nuclear weapons but Iran can not ? This coming war, we should not underrate anyone, revolution was not expected but it happened, American needs to thread carefully,,,Israel has no right to control the whitehouse.
You should ask yourself if Germany and Japan have the rights to own Nuclear weapons? You are so ignorant about Nuclear weapons and you think it is child's play and must be acquired by any nation. Please, go and sleep in your hole!

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by roymary: 12:45am On Nov 09, 2012
obadiah777: NOT ONLY CAN THEY STAND THE HEAT, THEY WILL WIN THE WAR. THEY HAVE A MEETING WITH DESTINY. LET THE STRONG SAY I AM WEAK ( THE BOOK OF JOEL )

AHMEDINEJAD IS PREPARING THE WAY FOR THE SECOND COMING.

Abeg where you read that one make i read am too America is not perfect but Iran is an assshole!

1 Like

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by erniok(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2012
jehovahnoni: wait a minute,,,ar dey surveilling d airspace or land..wat is in d airspace dat dey will survey?it is d land dat dey will survey n for wat reason?,,,letsay d airspace is international..i agree..but is d land international ?how many country owns d land?....had it been d drone was passin by,no problem..but it was busy making close observations on ground activities frm d airspace..taking advantage of it being international to poke nose on deir land...,,,its just like passin in a public road n lookin into sumone's compound,,,wat did u keep dere ?,,,moreover no one will challenge u for passin...but pokin nose is challengable .
I understand your argument but the drone was on "routine maritime surveillance" and you cannot prove it was taking pictures of Iran however its capability.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by LagosBoi2(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2012
[quote
author=all4naija] You should ask yourself if Germany and Japan have
the rights to own Nuclear weapons? You are so ignorant about nuclear
weapons and you think it is child's play and must be acquired by any
nation. Please, go and sleep in your hole!
[/quote]

my friend shut up, if one country can have nuclear weapons another country sure has the right to. every country is equal to the other.

4 Likes

Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 09, 2012
roymary:

Abeg where you read that one make i read am too America is not perfect but Iran is an assshole!

ISAIAH 13 VS 17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, who shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medes

I WOULD HAVE TO PULL OUT WHOLE CHAPTERS FOR YOU BUT GO TO ISAIAH CHAPT 13, JEREMIAH 50 AND 51 AND JOEL 3,

HE WILL STIR UP THE MEDES ( IRAN ) AGAINST BABYLON ( AMERICA ). THAT PROPHESY IS BEING FULFILLED NOW.
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by caesaraba(m): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2012
all4naija: Please, go and sleep in your hole!

*Singing* here we go again......
Re: Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone by 50calibre(m): 12:53am On Nov 09, 2012
all4naija: You should ask yourself if Germany and Japan have the rights to own Nuclear weapons? You are so ignorant about nuclear weapons and you think it is child's play and must be acquired by any nation. Please, go and sleep in your hole!

So you think germany doesn't have nuclear weapons? Well many people believe that since they gave up many defense rights after WW2 but believe me, Germany has nuclear weapons but it's a secret. You think Germany will sit down while the likes of UK, France all have nukes?

Japan doesn't need nuclear weapons as they have a treaty with the US that mandates the US to come to it's aid should the need arise so technically a war on Japan is a war on the US. Still Japan might secretely possess nukes.

Don't underestimate nations, you don't really know their capabilities until there is war, then you see them rolling out weapons people didn't know they had.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Bukele Of El Salvador Has Deployed 4000 Soldiers To Three Communities / Greece Wildfires - About 80 Dead And Many More Still Missing / Putin May Cite Ukraine War To Meddle In US Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.