Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? (13604 Views)

Can You Fall For Someone You've Never Met? / Can You Fall In Love Online/fb With Someone You've Never Met? / Is It Possible To Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by SSaemoenl(m): 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Yes, But in Nigeria, Capital NO.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
The only people that will be able to answer this question are those who have done it in the past.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Nuzo1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Very safe for some, and very unsafe and disappointing for some.

Often times, we hear few random cases of manipulations and fatality. But we rarely ask questions about successful relationships, marriages and good sex this method has provided.
It all depends on the timming, location, personalities involved, intentions, level of maturity and luck. The same way it is for others falling in love through the "normal" way.

Bottomline is that the so-called love, be it facebook or "normal" love is not perfect. Its been tarnished with the idea of wanting something from the other. And when the initial expectations are not met, chances are that we as human may react negatively towards the other.

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by eyenCalabar(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
Very very safe! Love itself is blind.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by lolaluv1(f): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

Trey Songz is sexy as fukc! Geeze just the way he licks his lips is enough to get me in the mood lol grin

Quoted x100000 raised to power infinity. Yuuuuuuppppp! wink cheesy

nikkyshyne:

[size=18pt]FLUCKING BACK OFF!!!![/size] angry angry angry
[size=30pt]Don't make me go off on you now.[/size] Back off with grace, learn from Mrs Chima... angry angry cheesy

Mrs.Chima:

Idris Elba is fine ain't he? Ooohweeee! FIne..you can have them. Oga Chima don't stay out of me long enough for another man to dip in. (clearing throat) lipsrsealed

lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Hadesewa: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
Going into a relationship is a risk itself welther seen or not
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Dsage1: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nigeria is full of pretenders. Many of those saying "not save,never,not possible" etc do fall in love with faceless Nairaland members,let alone facebook and other social networks.

whatever it may be, lute, infatuation or love, it's quite save as long as persons involves plans to meet each other. If what you eventually see when you meet the person is contrary to that person's picture/image on the net or your expected qualities, discontinue with the person. It's as simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by tonididdy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
it pays my bills...if u know what i mean
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by tlaret24(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
buh many of us claim 2 luv God whom we hv nt seen....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by playahP(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Well, there is this girl I met online, we've been talking for over a year now and we are fond of each other... We've exchanged pix a lot and I intend meeting her sometime in january... I wouldn't say I love her but I've come to like her person... #plus I'm not in it for the looks... I'm good looking so my looks already covers all her flaws (if any)!!... I'm after the personality and she's my kinda person..
She has the really nasty name she calles me.... #smiling#

2 Likes

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by doeeyed: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hmm
Think there are a few corrections here.
"Fall in love".... don't think so! That takes years in a partnership or marriage. I feel the word is used liberally.

Phileo or Eros, definitely!!!
Above are posts of ladies fighting over celebrities and laying claim to them.
Possibly never communicated or set eyes physically on these men. But here they are throwing pillows and popcorn at each other.

If there's some communication, internet, telephony etc.... conversations can help present a sketch of personalities.For those with a false front, inconsistencies will be evident and hopefully picked on by the other.

There's been comments on fake pictures, fake jobs or family associations....
My take on that: Reduced focus on the physical appearance whilst more on the character makes info gathering more worthwhile. Whilst at it, get as much information as possible. The beauty of this format is you don't get beclouded by physical yearnings whilst carrying out your due diligence.

The unfortunate stories of "internet relationships" going awry keep one observant; but I feel this mode of meeting pple has had bad publicity. There are many cases of "physical relationships" that have ended in murder, deceit, rape, fraud and other vices: but this mode hasn't been brow-beaten.

It goes without saying, maturity and sometimes age play a big factor.....
Questions on current affairs as an example gives you a view of their knowledge, diction but more so their slant or views on life.

Of course, all has to be done prayerfully.

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by RedLight1: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Callousness! Many Nigerians believe it is foolish to love someone not seen.
Hades: Yet they all love the being called God, dont they?
Minion: Hmm! My Lord! It never occured to me like that!
damn!! This is the best answer... Awesome... 1billion likes

4 Likes

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Generalzod(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
With heavy heart I admit dis post made sense sha-although I still think you are annoying.
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Callousness! Many Nigerians believe it is foolish to love someone not seen.

2 Likes

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by SafiyaAliyu: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
thats risky my dear.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by clerkent(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
jhydebaba: 0.01% percent safe and is equal to madness.
laff wan tire my g string
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by qplus(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
For me it has worked for me, she was in katsina on NYSC, I was in Benin working and we fell inlove online and we only met when she was thru with her service... It worked
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by SELFWORTH: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2012

Please before we start , lets first clarify that there is a difference between "loving someone" and "falling in love with someone". Only STUPXD people will think these two things mean the same.

1. God is not a mortal man for anyone to fall in love with and have a romantic relationship with
2. Falling in love is mainly a Western concept of moving from a feeling of neutrality towards a person to one of love.Its a romantic concept. You cannot have a romantic feeling towards God can you?

PLEASE LETS BE CLEAR.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by SELFWORTH: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
dnawah: Remember Cynthia's and the Unilag student(facebook)story.na lust dey worry u no be love.but it is only safe if is Jesus Christ:-D

Correction: God is not a mortal man for anyone to "fall in love with". You can love God though!
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by cherishgeorge(f): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Itz vry possible,I met ma fiance witout cin him,we pratically talked on fone nd via mail for a year nd m happi to say dat after we met itz bin heavenly
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by damilolaandrew: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
Its note totally save to fall in love with someone you have never seen though their has been many related cases that succeds and also those that led to death.
I want to share a drawing by one of Nigeria finest Visual Artist (Ayeola Ayodeji Awizzy)http://www.ayeola.com.. http://www.awizzy.net.. Story of Jack and Rose in Titanic

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
FALL BLINDLY and BREAK all gaddem breakable parts of ur body
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by clemz85(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
as for me, the universe is balanced.

some people sees white where others see blue, some dies where others survives and vise vaser
very risky and unsafe yet some had made it there
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ask cynthia or the yeye gurl wey dem throw from 3 story building
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
gboss4sure: Ask cynthia or the yeye gurl wey dem throw from 3 story building

Exactly. angry
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Dee60: 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
otokx: The only people that will be able to answer this question are those who have done it in the past.

Works out in 1 out of 20 cases perhaps. That is why it is not worth it!
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by HenryO2(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
The Love itself is blind, no wahala abt falling in love without seeing, bt has to be limited anywhere!
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Its safe. Its tested n trusted. Met M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ guy online and we are planning our wedding a trual can convince u
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by MrsChima(f): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
tlaret24: buh many of us claim 2 luv God whom we hv nt seen....cheesy

Falling in love and loving someone are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by roland20(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mod plz redmosquitoe should be banned.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
claremont: It may be a symptom of mental illness.
Re: Falling In Love With Someone You've Never Seen : How Safe? by Pimples(m): 12:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Falling in love and loving someone are two different things.
I think you can fall in love with God.
After-all, You do not just start loving him automatically rather with time u you get to appreciate and love him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Being A Virgin; Advantages And Disadvantages. / Meet The Guy Who Impregnated President Obama”s Daughter Malia / Where Can I Hook Up With Ladies In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.