Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

How Did You Start Your Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Start Your Business? (8664 Views)

Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? / What Is The Best Answer For "How Did You Get My Number?" / What Business Would You Start With N150,000.00 Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Start Your Business? by surveycash(m): 7:03am On Nov 10, 2012
This question arose as a result of the dilemma going in the mind of the would-be-entrepreneur. He is a graduate with ambition of getting that white collar job so that he could fulfil his heart desire. He subscribed to all the job alert services both online and offline.

Two, three and four years gone by and that dream job is not forth-coming. His frustration was consoled by the worse situation of his colleagues. Just then, it hit him that you are faring better. Why? Because he offer some services to people for a fee.

It's now that he realised that he has some skills he has been unconsciously monetizing. A careful observation showed that he accrues around N50-N80k/month doing his own stuffs that he is passionate about. Does this mean there is some entrepreneurship blood flowing in you?

The realisation made him reluctant in attending job tests where he will meet 2000 -3000 of your kinds competing for the same spot. Gradually, he started subscribing from these job alert services. He feels he can start his business and he's at his wits-end as how to get started.

To crown it all, he read an article "12 Signs That You are an Entrepreneur" https://www.nairaland.com/1096928/12-surprising-signs-could-entrepreneurand the signs felt so him.

The question is "How did you start your own business"?

This thread is created to serve as a guide and source of inspiration to the would-be-entrepreneur. All positive comments will be highly invaluable and appreciated.

Thank you.

[/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by surveycash(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2012

No one wants share?
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by MadCow1: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by dilbert100: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
undecided
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by joyblinks(f): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nigerians can be stingy ehnnn... Even with an idea.. Na wah
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by 2sexy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
I started any how... let's say my business for now is online based but will shift to offline soon.

I have laptop, bought a modem and then got 5k... registered a domain name for $10 and sold it for $500 within the same week. A friend helped me received the cash and then sent it to me via western union. I reinvested the money and registered many more domain names which I shall be sell over a period of months to come.

I am currently waiting for an email reply which requested for how much I want for another of my domain name. But you know, this men have their own business and are very busy. So, I will just give the man some time. By the time we start to negotiate, the deal may end at $1000.Why? because it his company's name which he founded and will want to protect that brand since he has the .net and I have the .com. On the web, ".com" domain are the king.

Am I telling lies or how could someone be paying such an amount for just a name? Well, I did start this biz and I learn it from the white. If you doubt me, please go to www.namebio.com to what people have sold.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by yuzedo: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
1. I rented room in Jollyville Suites - N2000 (a day) wink
2. I bought bend-down select g-string, spaghetti top, mini-skirt, bra, etc - N3500 cheesy
3. I bought make-up, high-heels, postinor, condom etc - N4500 lipsrsealed
4. I started standing on street corners at night, going to meet people and politicians at their office, parties, etc tongue
5. I started making money - N5,000 (short-time) N20,000 (TDB) shocked kiss
MONTHLY TURNOVER = N350,000 cool
EXPENDITURE = N180,000 (I have to settle Police, angry Pimps, etc every month end, plus all the people i give free "services" based on PR and Corporate Social Responsibility grin) undecided
... So that's my business for you and that's how it kicked-off. God bless! kiss

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by valdubem(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Capital should be the ultimate issue. I just registered my coy with CAC (months after looking for job), and I ve approached some bank with a loan request to start up my biz; and I believe they re considering my request (MY BIZ PLAN WAS WELL DRAFTED).

I HAVE NO COLLATERAL. GOD IS MY COLLATERAL

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Walexz02(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mad Cow: .
Who is this??
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by tonym1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
STARTED MY BUSINESS BY SHARING MY IDEAS WITH SOME TRUSTED FRIENDS WHO ENCOURAGED ME AND PARTLY INVESTED IN THE BUSINESS, WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR FINANCE. THEY SAW A LONG POTENTIAL TO MAKE MONEY AND INVESTED IN IT.

THE PROBLEMS MOST NIGERIANS HAVE IS THEY NEVER SHARE THEIR IDEAS OR BUSINESS WITH ANYONE, SOME GO ALONE AND MAKE IT WHILE OTHERS STRUGGLE. BUSINESS LIKE FACEBOOK OR MICROSOFT WAS SHARED AMONG PEOPLE THEY TRUSTED AND LOOK WHERE THEY ARE NOW.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Youngzedd(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
My business is based online for now, still making plans to venture into offline biz.

Well, I started online biz some years back using my most cherised property (Nokia N70).

I was offering FBT & UBT to Nigerians F.O.C which was my passion then, from there I became popular, known by many.
During those days I was doing FBT & UBT stuffs I do meet a lot of Internet Marketers, I do buy their product that I found interesting, although I didn't start immediately. But as time goes on I starting implementing what I learnt from the manuals I bought, seek advice from those already on the field (I ask a lot of questions) gradually gradually I started working with the ideas I got.

Things become easier when I find my self into Info/affiliate Marketing and others, so driving traffic to my sales page isn't a big deal becos I have thousands of members.

I started my business in a small way believing that THE BIG IS IN THE SMALL.

Till the first week I smiled to the bank at the age of 18 then.
As a big boy I bought another device that will make my work easier followed by a laptop of my own.

That was when I started the main biz and I never regret doing online biz.

It wasn't easy as it may sound a lot of stress and headache trying to just fix a little thing close to u.

Glory be to God that am posting this as an Author, Coach, Consultand, Expert on my field.

No matter the kind of biz you do, you must surely face difficult times.

Every individual got talent but the main problem we may have is discovering it.

What am try to say is that there is a lot of jobs out there find what you can do and seek for advice, those close to you will find it difficult to reveal the secret of their success to you. That is human being for you (selfish animals)

First of all find what you are capable of doing, look for a guide that will teach you up and down of the biz and work towards the plan in conjuction with the right mindset.

Business is just an idea from no where be it online and offline is just as an idea.

The difference b/w Dangote and a truck pusher is just an idea.

Always bear in mind that before there will be an output there must be an input.

My hands are still open to accept those willing to join my field JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK >> www.facebook.com/michaelfans

Lemme apply my break here.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by manny4life(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
grin
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
getting deep insight of it and its profitability. then capital was so much involved.
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
just passing by......
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Afrocatalyst: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
My business is a professional thing. I had to learn it from someone who is good in it discreetly, and at the end of the day, i learnt not only how to run the bizness, but how to start it wit little capital and avoiding a lot of mountains that kill biznesses in the early stages. I think knowledge is very important and I dont mean theoretical knowledge.
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by hrykanu231(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
I started by identifying an Unsatisfied NEED in the society, I thereafter told one or 2 friends who shared in my vision, we raised cash(although little) and I started the business inline with laid down plans. At the moment the ROI isn't that bad.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by benz33(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
I started mine after working with a Bank from an I.t Student to a Contract Staff for like 3years and after that i try to leave the Bank for another Bank cos of the fat salary to be enjoyed in the other Bank and assurance of getting the Job at the new Bank was there for me, cos i have many Senior Ogas in the New Bank that are ready to help. I have sat for three Interviews and my letter was pending for a long time and i was just wondering what was happening , then i have another Job offer to Join the Federal Road Safety and to Join them u have to do that thru ur State of Origin. I then traveled to Ogun State to apply cos i also have a brother working with them on my way back after spending 3 nights i had a Ghastly Motor Accident which almost took my Life and i was bedridden for Six Months at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital. I got back on my feet by the grace and mercy of God.

My Family is average when it comes to wealth, so my mother collected a Loan of N20,000 from a group of Poverty Alleviation Network which she belong to and they only borrow women money. She gave the money to me to start a recharge card business under the Umbrella in-front of my House cos i told her that i think i like the business, at first a negative Voice wanted to pull me back..The voices was saying words like..habaa Big Boy selling recharge card under the umbrella, habaa with all ur certificates u want to be selling recharge cards,..habaa what will all the fine girls in your street say(because my Family was a Popular one and my late father was the Chairman Landlord Asso. b4 his death) so i turn deaf ear to all these words and after buying all the working tools like, Umbrella, Table, 2 white plastic chairs and an MTN BOOSTER with 3310 Nokia Phone. I was left with N4800 which i used to buy a very small quantity of Cards...to cut my Long story short..these are my achievements as at today..

I have registered my company as an Independent Marketing Company
I took various Professional Exams in Marketing
I have marketed for many Big Companies online and offline
I run a MARKETING ACADEMY WHERE I TRAIN SALES BOYS AND GIRLS IN SHOPPING ARCADES
I HAVE A FOOTBALL VIEWING CENTER
I presently manage our family business which is a Car Wash Business...

I have 5 business centers where the young girls selling cards for me deliver N500 DAILY

I HAVE A GAME CENTER WHERE I RECEIVE N800 DAILY AS DELIVER
I GET JOBS FROM ORGANIZATIONS TO HELP THEM CARRY OUT MARKETING AND ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
I ORGANIZE ROAD SHOWS AND ALSO COMPERE, I ALSO ACT AS M.C AT PARTIES

I ALSO DO D.J SERVICES..because THIS FETCHED ME LOTS OF MONEY WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL..MY PASSION(BUT I TRY TO STOP IT COS OF MY RELIGION

I can go-on and on, but i give all glory to GOD

.....AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT MY RECHARGE CARD GAVE BIRTH TO ALL OF THESE AND THE ACCIDENT ALSO MADE ME HAVE RE-THINK WHILE I WAS ON THE HOSPITAL BED, THAT I WOULD NOT LOOK FOR JOB AGAIN.............sorry that i wrote an epistle......just my Contribution

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by wealthgroup: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by valdubem(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
south4sure: Thats just a little secret that is very big here in 8geria grin cheesy

free brwosing sweet o,see as i just dy comment for every thread omo i don hammer,.mke una go collect the cofigurratiion for mtn and airtel free brwosing @ www.pureguide..com
av been flexing mine for over 4month now or so

Thief! if U cant share ur 'secret', go die with it. e-book my butt
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by surveycash(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
2sexy: I started any how... let's say my business for now is online based but will shift to offline soon.

I have laptop, bought a modem and then got 5k... registered a domain name for $10 and sold it for $500 within the same week. A friend helped me received the cash and then sent it to me via western union. I reinvested the money and registered many more domain names which I shall be sell over a period of months to come.

I am currently waiting for an email reply which requested for how much I want for another of my domain name. But you know, this men have their own business and are very busy. So, I will just give the man some time. By the time we start to negotiate, the deal may end at $1000.Why? because it his company's name which he founded and will want to protect that brand since he has the .net and I have the .com. On the web, ".com" domain are the king.

Am I telling lies or how could someone be paying such an amount for just a name? Well, I did start this biz and I learn it from the white. If you doubt me, please go to www.namebio.com to what people have sold.

Thanks for sharing. Heard about website flipping. Does it really work?
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by surveycash(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
yuzedo: 1. I rented room in Jollyville Suites - N2000 (a day) wink
2. I bought bend-down select g-string, spaghetti top, mini-skirt, bra, etc - N3500 cheesy
3. I bought make-up, high-heels, postinor, condom etc - N4500 lipsrsealed
4. I started standing on street corners at night, going to meet people and politicians at their office, parties, etc tongue
5. I started making money - N5,000 (short-time) N20,000 (TDB) shocked kiss
MONTHLY TURNOVER = N350,000 cool
EXPENDITURE = N180,000 (I have to settle Police, angry Pimps, etc every month end, plus all the people i give free "services" based on PR and Corporate Social Responsibility grin) undecided
... So that's my business for you and that's how it kicked-off. God bless! kiss

Are you really serious about this yuzedo. You make it sound comic?
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by 2sexy(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
surveycash:

Thanks for sharing. Heard about website flipping. Does it really work?
website flipping works but it's not for lazy bones and it also requires long term plan and patience.

I sold a site back then but what you quoted has nothing to do with website, just the address of a website is what I described above. Just a name and nothing more...

Check out www.flippa.com if you want to see sites that have been sold.

For now, I am not doing anything with websites. But if you have a question, ask.
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Austinodark(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
I was broke,and a friend introduced me to an online legal business,and things has improved ever since,just check my signature!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by icon2: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
2sexy: I started any how... let's say my business for now is online based but will shift to offline soon.

Please would you be kind enough to send me all I need to know about the biz and what I need to start... Thanks in advance ( gicon101 at yahoo . Com
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by 2sexy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
icon2:

Please would you be kind enough to send me all I need to know about the biz and what I need to start... Thanks in advance ( gicon101 at yahoo . Com
what biz? read the one in my signature and this====>https://www.nairaland.com/1100044/domain-flipping-profit-goldmine--how-made
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by icon2: 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
2sexy: what biz?
Domain re-selling.
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by olaymuchak(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Wat is FBT nd UBT, Hw can i knw more abt dis venture.
Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by olaymuchak(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Youngzedd: My business is based online for now, still making plans to venture into offline biz.

Well, I started online biz some years back using my most cherised property (Nokia N70).

I was offering FBT & UBT to Nigerians F.O.C which was my passion then, from there I became popular, known by many.
During those days I was doing FBT & UBT stuffs I do meet a lot of Internet Marketers, I do buy their product that I found interesting, although I didn't start immediately. But as time goes on I starting implementing what I learnt from the manuals I bought, seek advice from those already on the field (I ask a lot of questions) gradually gradually I started working with the ideas I got.

Things become easier when I find my self into Info/affiliate Marketing and others, so driving traffic to my sales page isn't a big deal becos I have thousands of members.

As a big boy I bought another device that will make my work easier followed by a laptop of my own.

It wasn't easy as it may sound a lot of stress and headache trying to just fix a little thing close to u.

Glory be to God that am posting this as an Author, Coach, Consultand, Expert on my field.

What am try to say is that there is a lot of jobs out there find what you can do and seek for advice, those close to you will find it difficult to reveal the secret of their success to you. That is human being for you (selfish animals)

First of all find what you are capable of doing, look for a guide that will teach you up and down of the biz and work towards the plan in conjuction with the right mindset.

Business is just an idea from no where be it online and offline is just as an idea.

My hands are still open to accept those willing to join my field by send me an email via >> youngzedd[at]gmail.com

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by olaymuchak(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Wat is FBT nd UBT,pls i wil like 2 knw more abt d venture.
Youngzedd: My business is based online for now, still making plans to venture into offline biz.

My hands are still open to accept those willing to join my field by send me an email via >> youngzedd[at]gmail.com

Re: How Did You Start Your Business? by Fancier(f): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
@ 2sexy, am also interested in the domain name buying and selling can you explain in details how to go about this business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies / A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.