Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9755 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Ashawo!!! So that u arrange all of them and promise them marks abi . . .

E no go happen. cheesy

What is this?? angry

Mynd_44:
Anything that works oo.

I have bribed him personally and if my candidates don't win.......

And this??!! angry angry

OAM4J: Justice Judge OAM4J putting on his robe and wig, also adjusting his thick lenses for proper scoring...

Pretty lady debaters should meet me one by one for proper briefing... grin

Nigerians and their backhanded tactics. So I've been wasting my time all along while underhanded rigging is going on here?? And the [size=18pt]judges[/size] find these funny??

Corruption ain't my thing. Not gonna sweat it no more - I'm OUT!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Efemena_xy:

What is this?? angry

And this??!! angry angry

Nigerians and their backhanded tactics. So I've been wasting my time all along while underhanded rigging is going on here?? And the [size=18pt]judges[/size] find these funny??

Will you come back here. We are the side attractions na.

What color of underwear are you wearing? And I want the truth
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
Efemena_xy:

What is this?? angry

And this??!! angry angry

do you not recognize a joke when u see one.....u r on heat. it is all joke
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
focusstayed:

do you not recognize a joke when u see one.....u r on heat. it is all joke
No mind am
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by OAM4J: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Efemena_xy:

What is this?? angry

And this??!! angry angry

What happened to your sense of humor?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
OAM4J:

What happened to your sense of humor?
It went on vacation
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
Please it was all a joke so lets laugh it off. We can all check out this latest video below. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-eOs93mq8
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by maclatunji: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
Efemena, please go ahead with the debate. I implore organisers and judges not to unduly fraternise with contestants even if it is jocular. Let us take up responsibility attached to positions seriously. I love jokes too but some aren't appropriate.

Efemena, once again I appreciate your frankness but I am sure no one here means harm or to be unfair.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Personally to me, i don't think anyone should be begged to go ahead with the the debate if they don't want to. The approach and reaction to the harmless ( even if they are harmful ) joke its really uncalled for. A simple email to the organizers would have suffice to notify them of these jokes instead of threatening to back out from the debate.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Tgirl4real(f): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Efemena_xy:

What is this?? angry

And this??!! angry angry

Efe, it's clear twas a joke na. I'm sure u are joking too. Please come back.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
maclatunji: Efemena, please go ahead with the debate. I implore organisers and judges not to unduly fraternise with contestants even if it is jocular. Let us take up responsibility attached to positions seriously. I love jokes too but some aren't appropriate.

Efemena, once again I appreciate your frankness but I am sure no one here means harm or to be unfair.
Incase you are forgetting, most of the contestants are friends to the judges and themselves in the first place. If anyone should complain about judges being compromised, ot should be the contestants and even they realise that it is all a joke.

The joke makes things fun and helps to relieve tension.

Oh the complaint came from a contestant. Sorry. But you should realise that we are all friends here and jokes are allowed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
Please the organizers wishes to inform everyone not to beg any contestants concerning this debate and if anyone wishes to pull out, they are absolutely free to do so. If the debate is not possible anymore, it is more honorable to cancel it than to start begging any of the contestants. This is not the first time she has threatened to pull out of the debate, some threatened in the past and they have gone. If anybody wants to go they can go and that will not make the debate to crumble, so they are absolutely free to do so.

The child soldiers topic was chosen solely because of her even though it was not a popular topic and she has no right to threaten us about pulling out. The organizers reside in different time-zones and we have had sleepless nights in order to to meet and organize this debate, we have done a lot and will be uploading our work by the weekend. No one was paid to organize or take part in this debate, so lets respect one another and be reasonable with words and actions that tends towards disrupting the whole process.

It was because of her we are having two topics to debate, she threatened to pull out of the debate if the topic is not child soldiers. We gave in to her request and made the debate a two topic debate, because of this action a number of contestants pulled out as they said we valued and favored the wish of one contestant than the desires of the other contestants. Now again because of a simple joke, she is threatening again to pull out and what else will she threaten to pull out with if we don't call her stupid shit to her face right now. We have labored very hard to fill in the topics with a new set of contestants when the others pulled out because of her so a enough is a enough.

The credibility of our judges has never found wanting and we have faith in them to judge fairly, this is not the first time they are judging a debate so their credibility has never been questioned.Even if anyone wants to play foul, we have already included measures in our debate structure to cub that and this will be uploaded by the weekend. No one man is bigger than anyone here, so if any contestants has any issue concerning the debate, direct it to the organizers.

Apologies to any other person who might feel offended by the tone of this message ( or the message ) above but it just have to be presented that way for the records.

Thanks to Everyone
The Organizers

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
can someone remind me why this was a single sex debate....clearly women have issues.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Caracta(f): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Countdown
3 days
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Caracta(f): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pharoh: Please it was all a joke so lets laugh it off. We can all check out this latest video below. smiley

Nice video. I actually thought Teen Sex Debate was for 24th. You guys are really working hard on this. Good job guys! smiley
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
Caracta:

Nice video. I actually thought Teen Sex Debate was for 24th. You guys are really working hard on this. Good job guys! smiley

Thanks for the compliment and you should look forward to the weekend for the final major updates to the debate as we have some more surprise to present.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Tgirl4real(f): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pharoh:

Thanks for the compliment and you should look forward to the weekend for the final major updates to the debate as we have some more surprise to present.

Hmmm... Can't wait.

U guys have gone through a lot trying to make dis happen.
Well-done guys.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by maclatunji: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pharoh: Please the organizers wishes to inform everyone not to beg any contestants concerning this debate and if anyone wishes to pull out, they are absolutely free to do so. If the debate is not possible anymore, it is more honorable to cancel it than to start begging any of the contestants. This is not the first time she has threatened to pull out of the debate, some threatened in the past and they have gone. If anybody wants to go they can go and that will not make the debate to crumble, so they are absolutely free to do so.

The child soldiers topic was chosen solely because of her even though it was not a popular topic and she has no right to threaten us about pulling out. The organizers reside in different time-zones and we have had sleepless nights in order to to meet and organize this debate, we have done a lot and will be uploading our work by the weekend. No one was paid to organize or take part in this debate, so lets respect one another and be reasonable with words and actions that tends towards disrupting the whole process.

It was because of her we are having two topics to debate, she threatened to pull out of the debate if the topic is not child soldiers. We gave in to her request and made the debate a two topic debate, because of this action a number of contestants pulled out as they said we valued and favored the wish of one contestant than the desires of the other contestants. Now again because of a simple joke, she is threatening again to pull out and what else will she threaten to pull out with if we don't call her stupid shit to her face right now. We have labored very hard to fill in the topics with a new set of contestants when the others pulled out because of her so a enough is a enough.

The credibility of our judges has never found wanting and we have faith in them to judge fairly, this is not the first time they are judging a debate so their credibility has never been questioned.Even if anyone wants to play foul, we have already included measures in our debate structure to cub that and this will be uploaded by the weekend. No one man is bigger than anyone here, so if any contestants has any issue concerning the debate, direct it to the organizers.

Apologies to any other person who might feel offended by the tone of this message ( or the message ) above but it just have to be presented that way for the records.

Thanks to Everyone
The Organizers

I respect your efforts but you cannot hold on to the past in responding to Efe's outburst here. Since we are being frank here, I did find OAM4J's jokes inappropriate. A judge must be fair and seen to be fair. Yes! Efe has a right to withdraw but we should recognise that she has a valid point here and adjust accordingly.

Thank you.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Hmmm... Can't wait.

U guys have gone through a lot trying to make dis happen.
Well-done guys.

Thank You

maclatunji:

I respect your efforts but you cannot hold on to the past in responding to Efe's outburst here. Since we are being frank here, I did find OAM4J's jokes inappropriate. A judge must be fair and seen to be fair. Yes! Efe has a right to withdraw but we should recognise that she has a valid point here and adjust accordingly.

Thank you.

Thanks for your inputs, they are really appreciated and concerning the issue at hand. We have to hold on to the past because things move in circles, if we go soft on her now, what would be the reaction of other contestants?. The intention of the joke is subjective as everyone could read their own meaning to it, even if it was real there are measures in place already to negate that. No one is saying her point is not valid but what is the whole issue of i am out, should we beg her or what?. The most simple and best thing for her to do was to contact the organizers and not to take matters into her hands like that. To me it is as simple as that and i believe the matter is settled at this point so we implore everyone to kindly move on from this episode.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and lets keep on working on our parts to this debate.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2012
Wow! This long epistle just for me? I do feel honoured!! (Mtcheew)

Pharoh: Please the organizers wishes to inform everyone not to beg any contestants concerning this debate and if anyone wishes to pull out, they are absolutely free to do so. If the debate is not possible anymore, it is more honorable to cancel it than to start begging any of the contestants. This is not the first time she has threatened to pull out of the debate, some threatened in the past and they have gone. If anybody wants to go they can go and that will not make the debate to crumble, so they are absolutely free to do so.

And how exactly does that address the point I made or my concerns?

If your debate is going to "crumble" as you so eloquently put it, it'll do so without any input from Efe! So what's with the emotional drivel you've just posted up here? Just quit it, will you? It's unmanly and doesn't sway me either.

Pharoh: The child soldiers topic was chosen solely because of her even though it was not a popular topic and she has no right to threaten us about pulling out. The organizers reside in different time-zones and we have had sleepless nights in order to to meet and organize this debate, we have done a lot and will be uploading our work by the weekend. No one was paid to organize or take part in this debate, so lets respect one another and be reasonable with words and actions that tends towards disrupting the whole process.

It was because of her we are having two topics to debate, she threatened to pull out of the debate if the topic is not child soldiers. We gave in to her request and made the debate a two topic debate, because of this action a number of contestants pulled out as they said we valued and favored the wish of one contestant than the desires of the other contestants. Now again because of a simple joke, she is threatening again to pull out and what else will she threaten to pull out with if we don't call her s.t.u.p.i.d s*h_!*t to her face right now. We have labored very hard to fill in the topics with a new set of contestants when the others pulled out because of her so a enough is a enough.

Oh yeah?

Here, let me help you out with your obvious memory lapse!

Firstly, the Child Soldiers topic was originally put forward as one of the possible topics for debate. I simply made my selection / choice from the list of available topics. It had nothing to do with me - or you suggesting I dreamed it up? I dare you to prove it Pharoh! angry

Secondly, that topic was replaced with an alternative I had no interest in debating on. A couple others felt that way. Someone (can't remember who), aptly pointed out that the new topic was more of a discussion and not really a debate. Pls go through the previous thread and get your fact straight on that. And just for the records, if I'm not happy with something, I voice it out. I will not be subdued by the likes of you. Now, if you can't handle it, then tough!

Thirdly, YOU asked for feedback and suggestions. I simply stuck to my guns on that topic. Somewhere along the line, that single topic was modified to cover 3 or 4 additional subtopics, whilst the other topics remained solo. Now THAT is what I kicked against on the basis of fairness. Why should I waste my precious time researching a topic I didn't bargain for? While others get to focus on their primary subject of interest?

Re: the bolded insult, you really do come across as a professional organizer, don't you?

Now read my lips slolwy. I...DON'T...GIVE...A...FLYING...FVVCK Pharoh! Just don't wet your pants on my behalf, okay?

Pharoh: The credibility of our judges has never found wanting and we have faith in them to judge fairly, this is not the first time they are judging a debate so their credibility has never been questioned.Even if anyone wants to play foul, we have already included measures in our debate structure to cub that and this will be uploaded by the weekend. No one man is bigger than anyone here, so if any contestants has any issue concerning the debate, direct it to the organizers.

Well, I beg to differ. Having read the so called unprofessional "jokes" up there, I do question the credibility of YOUR judges.

I came here to do some serious debate, not faff around throwing "threats" / favouritism on the outcome of an event yet to hold. If I need a joke, I know exactly where the JOKES SECTION is!

Pharoh: Apologies to any other person who might feel offended by the tone of this message ( or the message ) above but it just have to be presented that way for the records.

Thanks to Everyone
The Organizers

Good, you have your say, and I've had mine.

I would never be cajoled into silence by you or anyone on this forum. If I've got something to say, I'll say it like it is. Why should I sneak around contacting the organizers discreetly about my concerns? Afterall, the so called brazen "jokes" weren't made discreetly were they?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 12:51am On Nov 17, 2012
Pharoh:

Thanks for your inputs, they are really appreciated and concerning the issue at hand. We have to hold on to the past because things move in circles, if we go soft on her now, what would be the reaction of other contestants?. The intention of the joke is subjective as everyone could read their own meaning to it, even if it was real there are measures in place already to negate that. No one is saying her point is not valid but what is the whole issue of i am out, should we beg her or what?. The most simple and best thing for her to do was to contact the organizers and not to take matters into her hands like that. To me it is as simple as that and i believe the matter is settled at this point so we implore everyone to kindly move on from this episode.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and lets keep on working on our parts to this debate.

Ohhh...I shiver in fear! angry angry

Try as hard as you might, you haven't got the balls to go hard on me baby. You'll get a heart attack, so don't even go there!

As far as I'm concerned, I now question the validity / fairness of this debate, based on the so called "Jokes" I've read. Like I mentioned before, I will not be subdued into silence. If I see something I'm not happy with, I speak out - and have done so.

Feel free to hide my posts.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 1:27am On Nov 17, 2012
too many local girls on nairaland......an easy way to quit when the competition has stiffened. useless girl, flipping double standard....worse sexual utterance have been used by you, married woman. oamjiggy dont mind these local breds....ouch that hurts
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greatgod2012(f): 1:57am On Nov 17, 2012
Why all these hidden posts?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:53am On Nov 17, 2012
greatgod2012: Why all these hidden posts?

Nothing to worry your pretty God-given head over.
Hope you have started prepping up? women must bring their A game!
Can't wait for the battle of wits, GIRL POWER!!!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 3:22am On Nov 17, 2012
Nothing to worry about right? I hope so coolNothing to worry about right? I hope so
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by kpolli(m): 3:31am On Nov 17, 2012
When I say lock thread, next time listen. . . .

I hope una dey ready. . . .
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by HighChief4(m): 3:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Maturity and wisdom are necessities; most people lack this.
A joke was made which all other debaters laughed at; you blew it out of proportion knowing fully well members were watching. You are confirming women have issues.

Oam4j is a matured man, he was just trying to make the environment lively. The moderators that begged, what are you insinuating? The other debaters are not credible enough or what. Is this efemena such a huge deal for this debate. it has always been about her, I think this unfair to the other debaters. if she is no longer interested then we move on. stop giving her the attention she craves for.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by HighChief4(m): 3:45am On Nov 17, 2012
GO FREECOCOA!!!!!
GO KANDIIKANE!!!!

My money is on you wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 3:49am On Nov 17, 2012
Go Firestar!!!!!!!!!!
Go Gree-die!!!!!!!!
Go Cdamsel!!!!!!!!

yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by maclatunji: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2012
High_Chief: Maturity and wisdom are necessities; most people lack this.
A joke was made which all other debaters laughed at; you blew it out of proportion knowing fully well members were watching. You are confirming women have issues.

Oam4j is a matured man, he was just trying to make the environment lively. The moderators that begged, what are you insinuating? The other debaters are not credible enough or what. Is this efemena such a huge deal for this debate. it has always been about her, I think this unfair to the other debaters. if she is no longer interested then we move on. stop giving her the attention she craves for.

For me it is a matter of principle, if any other debater had said what she said, I would have responded the same way. The fact that "everybody else" laughs about something doesn't make it right. Some people are vocal, others might not be.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2012
maclatunji:

For me it is a matter of principle, if any other debater had said what she said, I would have responded the same way. The fact that "everybody else" laughs about something doesn't make it right. Some people are vocal, others might not be.

What phucking principle are you blabbing about...a married woman whom uses sexual words with strange men is princepled...an old memeber like you should know she doesnt potray herself as a decent wife but a sex starved one. keep your sentiments to yourself, we can assume things with your scoring her on the debate too. i think all know where this is going.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 8:46am On Nov 17, 2012
Cuddle, I think you need to address this right now before it gets outta hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 / Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / {gandhi Jayanti Kavita} Gandhi Jayanti Kavita, Gandhi Jayanti Poem, Hindi Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.