Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9752 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2012
I will be as diplomatic as possible without triggering any further effect from all the parties & protocols involved.
Efemena made a comment which was duly noted.
The sanest thing to do at this point is to act civil, we are not going to disrupt this positive cause.
Shall we proceed with the debate, please? Thanks!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2012
Thank you
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2012
Subscribing
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2012
Now can the contestants please introduce themselves?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by solomon111(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by solomon111(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2012
I will doff my hat for any lady that can give a convincing argument for the proponents of child-soldiers.
It is easy to argue against it,but an arguement for it,will require serious intellectual depth and great power of persuasion.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2012
I KNOW THAT CRETIN COOGAR MUST BE INVOLVED IN THIS HERE DEBATE AFTERALL HE IS A WOMAN

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2012
Walks in*darting my eyes for a nice seat*sees one @ the extreme corner where Rokiatu is seated*and sat down*brought out a cigar and begin puff as I begin to watch the proceedings*oya nah
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2012
Cuddlemii: I will be as diplomatic as possible without triggering any further effect from all the parties & protocols involved.
Efemena made a comment which was duly noted.
The sanest thing to do at this point is to act civil, we are not going to disrupt this positive cause.
Shall we proceed with the debate, please? Thanks!
Ride on boooo
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2012
Donalð Genes: Walks in*darting my eyes for a nice seat*sees one @ the extreme corner where Rokiatu is seated*and sat down*brought out a cigar and begin puff as I begin to watch the proceedings*oya nah
Excuse me dir, but you can't smoke here. There are no windows as this place is fully airconditioned so you smoking should be done in the rest room.

Thank you
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 10:59am On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44: Now can the contestants please introduce themselves?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 11:00am On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44: Now can the contestants please introduce themselves?
Bad boy am back jor
So na here you dey hibernate
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2012
Donalð Genes:
Bad boy am back jor
So na here you dey hibernate
lmao.

Don't derail

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
Excuse me dir, but you can't smoke here. There are no windows as this place is fully airconditioned so you smoking should be done in the rest room.

Thank you
Hahhahahaha I don't smoke! God forbid! Am a real hommie but I know you pretending,you smoke,ohh common don't deny it! someone told me
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2012
Make them start nah! I don dey sweat profusely here
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Caracta(f): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Donalð Genes: Make them start nah! I don dey sweet profusely here
check the date, mister
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
Donalð Genes:
Hahhahahaha I don't smoke! God forbid! Am a real hommie but I know you pretending,you smoke,ohh common don't deny it! someone told me
That person must be high off weed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Caracta:
check the date, mister
lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by freecocoa(f): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
This sure is gonna be fun.
I see you cuddles, nice work wink.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by ifyalways(f): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
Interesting. . .
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
Hmmm... Can't wait. Hope we guys go debate our own too.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
freecocoa: This sure is gonna be fun.
I see you cuddles, nice work wink.

Thank you dear
Ladies? POWER!!!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Thank you dear
Ladies? POWER!!!!
Madam, you are blocking me
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is definitely serious, I mean for Cuddles to have created a video. I have to start my research tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by OAM4J: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
If the organisers of this debate dont mind, I will like to step aside as a judge in this debate.

I hope this decision makes efe and maclatunji happy.

Cheers.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J: If the organisers of this debate dont mind, I will like to step aside as a judge in this debate.

Cheers.

State ur reasons for this action
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J: If the organisers of this debate dont mind, I will like to step aside as a judge in this debate.

Cheers.

It's a free world.

My decision to pull out of the debate shouldn't hinder you from Judging.

Just don't go slagging off my name.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
teeo:

State ur reasons for this action

The reason is why you have many posts hidden on this thread. efe and maclatunji thought I meant my jokes in the 2nd page and will be an unfair judge.

For Efe I dont know her problem. For maclatunji i can understand. He has a personal issue with me and some mods that complained about the way he moderates Islam section, so he couldnt resist the opportunity to make a mountain out of the mouldhill of my jokes.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by OAM4J: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

It's a free world.

My decision to pull out of the debate shouldn't hinder you from Judging.

Just don't go slagging off my name.

How convinient? Why wont I mention your name after you already qouted my jokes as the reason you are pulling out. Very funny.

Excuse me jare.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
obadiah777: I KNOW THAT CRETIN COOGAR MUST BE INVOLVED IN THIS HERE DEBATE AFTERALL HE IS A WOMAN

it shall not be well with you....
homoerotic peasant like yourself who lost his viriginity to a man should never be allowed a voice on a public forum. anuofia - you want to take the frustration of your poverty-stricken background on me? you want to take the frustration of your intellectual sterility on me? may amadioha sodomise you without condoms!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J:

The reason is why you have many posts hidden on this thread. efe and maclatunji thought I meant my jokes in the 2nd page and will be an unfair judge.

For Efe I dont know her problem. For maclatunji i can understand. He has a personal issue with me and some mods that complained about the way he moderates Islam section, so he couldnt resist the opportunity to make a mountain out of the mouldhill of my jokes.

What's with the name calling here?

You trying to gather a pity party here to gain popularity and make yourself look good whilst, making Efe out to be the Big Bad Wolf?

If you really want to know what my problem is, then I'll tell you!

When I set my mind to do a job, I give it my best and don't do half measures. I'm a straightforward, honest person who gives as good as I get. I just don't like being taken for a ride, whether as a "joke" or not. If I want a joke, I know exactly where the JOKES SECTION is. I chose to join the debate because I saw a challenging AND controversial topic that interested me. A topic I had set out to do real "business" with. A joke (be it harmless or not) that stands to undermine a contestant's efforts is off-putting to say the least!

I'm not going to repeat what I've said, it's all in the hidden posts. You're a mod aren't you? So you've got the powers to un-hide posts don't you? Anyway sha, no need for long stories. I've stated my decision, so you shouldn't make a mountain out of a mole-hill here.

Come to think of it, why all this fracas over Efe? Am I that important? Won't the contest go on smoothly minus 1 participant? Pls don't undermine the capability of the other contestants. I intend to be a happy spectator on that day. Who knows, I might even "learn" a thing or two sef...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

it shall not be well with you....
homoerotic peasant like yourself who lost his viriginity to a man should never be allowed a voice on a public forum. anuofia - you want to take the frustration of your poverty-stricken background on me? you want to take the frustration of your intellectual sterility on me? may amadioha sodomise you without condoms!

shocked shocked shocked

I knew it was just a matter of time before Zeus Hercules arrived! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 / Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / {gandhi Jayanti Kavita} Gandhi Jayanti Kavita, Gandhi Jayanti Poem, Hindi Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.