Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9754 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by jaybee3(m): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
I seriously can't believe all the hard work done by cuddlemi and her organising committee would be allowed to go up in flame just because 2 peeps wanna pull out.
Na real wa
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

True that.

But would you laugh about it though? Especially if it has the tendency to undermine your efforts?

Efe, NO ONE can undermine my efforts but me. . .by doing a shitty job of things or doing nothing at all.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Roland17(m): 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
If no one is courageous enough to address these seeming autocratic tendencies of Seun, i think i would and i care less if am banned.

Seun u have succeed in diffusing the already tensed atmosphere with your comments which many conformist agree with, where were u 3 months ago when this idea was conceived? where were u when this thread was created? where were u when all the females invited turned down cuddles request to be either judges or debaters for varied reasons which are respectable?

You are the owner of the website would u claim u never had an idea about this thread before today? not a single comment from u all through the developing process, cos u never thought this thread/ section can create a buzz/ traffic for your business like some of the silly topics that have graced the front page of NL(Like pictures of 2face's poo etal) now the moderator and the hard working organizers become creative by taking this to you-tube you are suddenly trying to hijack this debate diplomatically.

You are the owner yet you could not even confide with the moderator and her crew before making sensitive comments about the structure and organization of the debates yet you claim its not your decision to make, knowing fully well that 85% of NL are conformists with no minds of their own, speaks loud of your man management skills.

This is not an attempt to insult your personality, but a sincere attempt to set the records straight and encourage the Hardworking crew to continue to give their best.....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
kpolli: At this 11th hour, I don't think its feasible to change the judges and organisers. . . After working on this debate, I don't think its wise to allow an over grown babies unprofessionalism to spark unrest on what we have strived hard to get so far. . . An innocent joke was misjudged by an illiterate and cos of that the structure should be changed? I don't agree. . . It took us more than a month to gather contestants, how much longer wud it be to get females ready to judge and organize this. . . The panel was sent up for a reason. . . So pls let's not allow a contestant who is already fearing defeat to spoil our plans. . . Good day

Point of correction!

Efe is afraid of no-one and I certainly don't back out of a fight or "fear" defeat!

I stand my ground and [size=18pt]fight[/size] my battles - so deal with it!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
At this junction, I am locking the thread for all the tension to die down.
Apparently, we are all stressed.
In order, not to say what we will later regret, I will open it later. Thanks!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
Thread unlocked for peace, love and happiness to reign
Ladies? We can do this! cool
I believe in you!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
Roland17(m):
If no one is courageous enough to address these seeming autocratic tendencies of Seun, i think i would and i care less if am banned.
I apologize for not dropping by this thread earlier. In truth, the moderator did not invite me or ask for my help, though I won't blame her for not raising it with me because I've been very busy lately. I understand how people feel about this last minute suggestion. If I saw this thread earlier, I'd have made it earlier. If my suggestion is not what the majority of the ladies want, then you should feel free to ignore it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Odunnu: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
Wonderment!
I want to talk about the 'fight' caused by the joke. Also want to talk about Seun's suggestion, should I or that would be offtopic? tongue

Its a shame I am just seeing this thread.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
*** Hitches up her wrapper ***

*** Flexes her legs in her Khaki shorts ***

*** Adjusts her head tie firmly ***

Make no one just mention my name here o!...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Seun:
I apologize for not dropping by this thread earlier. In truth, the moderator did not invite me or ask for my help, though I won't blame her for not raising it with me because I've been very busy lately. I understand how people feel about this last minute suggestion. If I saw this thread earlier, I'd have made it earlier. If my suggestion is not what the majority of the ladies want, then you should feel free to ignore it.
That's you for stopping by.

I did say/type that we should treat it like his opinion and everyone has a right to their own right?

Now organisers, lets get back to business.

**grabs his upturned chair**.

Places everyone. Engineers, back on the set and get those lights working.

Stage designers, what the hell are y'all standing around for? Get to work.

Lets arrange this hall and get ready. Its gonna be big

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by OAM4J: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
I couldn’t help but feel responsible for all the recent happening on this thread.

I want to tender my unreserved apology to the organizers and all the people involved in this debate for my jokes. Those who know me in this forum know they are nothing more than jokes. I am not one to take advantage of being a judge to chase women, show partiality or be unfair in my assessment, neither am I a sexist.

After listening to all the pleas on this thread and those who got in touch outside the thread, I wish to reconsider my stand, should the debate still hold as previously planned. I can assure the organizers and the participants of an unbiased judgment in my assessment.

I therefore sincerely plead with everyone that we forget and let go of this episode and move on.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Odunnu: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy: *** Hitches up her wrapper ***

*** Flexes her legs in her Khaki shorts ***

*** Adjusts her head tie firmly ***

Make no one just mention my name here o!...
Wetin be your name sef? E better pass my own? Why you come dey super hype efrything sef. Quite unlike you. Abi chop money no drop? tongue
You blew it up babes, I know you know.
I also know you cant be comfy as a spectator in this particular debate because you've put in a lot. You cant let it go just like that.
Abeg, rearrange your mind and lets have fun
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greedie1(f): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu:
Quite unlike you.

my thoughts exactly

pls efe, let bygones be bygones... u still in?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J: I couldn’t help but feel responsible for all the recent happening on this thread.

I want to tender my unreserved apology to the organizers and all the people involved in this debate for my jokes. Those who know me in this forum know they are nothing more than jokes. I am not one to take advantage of being a judge to chase women, show partiality or be unfair in my assessment, neither am I a sexist.

After listening to all the pleas on this thread and those who got in touch outside the thread, I wish to reconsider my stand, should the debate still hold as previously planned. I can assure the organizers and the participants of an unbiased judgment in my assessment.

I therefore sincerely plead with everyone that we forget and let go of this episode and move on.

Thank you.
Mehn you are really roughed up. Wardrobe please!!!!! Get this guy a change of clothes and set him back in his airconditioned apartment maintained for the judges.

Where are the cleaners!!! The fight is over come and sweep this place na!!!!!

Oh please the judges will it in front of the debaters not in beside them. Move the judges's table backwards.

How come the lights are not working yet?!!!!. I hope y'all bought diesel for the generator.

And where is the sound engineer? Start your equipment test now.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
DEBATERS,
The structure is ready and will be up soon.

@Itsmodella, please, get in contact with me, something came up and we need to make some changes.
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2012
Seun no offense but even if you had seen this thread earlier and you made your suggestion it would still have been rejected.

This isn't a "women's thing"

. . . .Jeez!! undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Seun no offense but even if you had seen this thread earlier and you made your suggestion it would still have been rejected.

. . . .Jeez!! undecided

"akshually", i wouldn't mind this being a female thingy.....
let the women handle it....if it can be arranged quickly before the appointed day of the debate!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Point of correction!

Efe is afraid of no-one and I certainly don't back out of a fight or "fear" defeat!

I stand my ground and [size=18pt]fight[/size] my battles - so deal with it!

Now THAT's what i'm talkin' about!!

Yep and this is why you would participate in the debate WITH male judges on the panel, yes? Thank you!! kiss

Aiight people, it's all done! Case resolved! Nothing to see here!

Move it along! Thank you for coming, see you next week. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu:
Wetin be your name sef? E better pass my own? Why you come dey super hype efrything sef. Quite unlike you. Abi chop money no drop? tongue
You blew it up babes, I know you know.
I also know you cant be comfy as a spectator in this particular debate because you've put in a lot. You cant let it go just like that.
Abeg, rearrange your mind and lets have fun

!

grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Seun no offense but even if you had seen this thread earlier and you made your suggestion it would still have been rejected.

. . . .Jeez!! undecided
Get back on your apartment ma'am. We don't want you kidnapped or fought like the other mod na.

And change that wig. Its awful
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Now THAT's what i'm talkin' about!!

Yep and this is why you would participate in the debate WITH male judges on the panel, yes? Thank you!! kiss

Aiight people, it's all done! Case resolved! Nothing to see here!

Move it along! Thank you for coming, see you next week. grin

Please, you need to be careful with your words.
Next week means what exactly? She has left us twice even after everything about the debate was maneuvered to her advantage.
She is no longer part of the debaters.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

"akshually", i wouldn't mind this being a female thingy.....
let the women handle it....if it can be arranged quickly before the appointed day of the debate!

Errr. . .Coogar, we are talking debate here, not mud wrestling.

I hear that's the first thing that comes to y'all's mind when the words ONLY and FEMALES are put together. tongue grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Errr. . .Coogar, we are talking debating here, not mud wrestling.

I hear that's the first thing that comes to y'all's mind when the words ONLY and FEMALES are put together. tongue grin

you must be very intelligent.....
personally, i think you should open an office and be a shrink on masculine affairs.....you sabi read the hearts of men, nor be small!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by kpolli(m): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efe am not shocked at ur responses. . . I hope u know u r the one portraying rigging characteristics. . . Cos for the creator of the forum to put mouth cos of u, shows that ur the soliciting favours. . . Other contestants saw this but laughed it off or u wanna claim they r only trying to cheat u. . . Typical Nigerian crying wolf when nothing happened. . . As the organiser, I know there is no monetary reward so I dunno what the fuss is about. . . Its a place for us to come and have fun. . You just want to be ur usual self and spoil it for everyone. . . I dunno how ppl like u sleep at nite. . .sorry to say. . . As for the rest who think that we are being unfair in any way, u shud have volunteered ur services b4 now. . .

Only if it cuddlemii had listened to me, this rubbish won't have happened. . . Would never involve myself in such again

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Odunnu: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Next week means what exactly? She has left us twice even after everything about the debate was maneuvered to her advantage.
Her name is no longer part of the debaters.
Haba! I dont mean to take us back and start another back and forth, one thing I ask please, lets forget this whole 'fight' and pretend we just started page 2.
Efe has worked hard on this, lets give her another chance. Please.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu:
Haba! I dont mean to take us back and start another back and forth, one thing I ask please, lets forget this whole 'fight' and pretend we just started page 2.
Let the organisers and judges decide that within themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

She is no longer part of the debaters.

*Slowly backing away from the thread*

Muttering to self
Why did I believe that silly waiter when he said Mojitos are non-alcoholic.

@ All
Children, this is what happens when you have a hangover. . .your brain stops functioning properly and you start saying things you shouldn't.

The lesson here my darlings - Never ever ever believe a bartender who tells you the liquid in the bottle of vodka he is pouring in your glass is water. undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu:

No.

I meant what I said before and I mean it now.

Not interested.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Please the organizers started this debate and we can successfully resolve any issue with the debate. Please everyone should stop begging anyone here on this thread and let us be with the organization. Whoever pulled out did so out of their personal conviction and they should be left with their choice instead of people being an indirect mouthpiece for them. So please stop mentioning the name of anyone who is no longer part of this debate, stop relating to them and referring to them so that we can move ahead with what we have got left.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 11:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Muttering to self

@ All
Children, this is what happens when you have a hangover. . .your brain stops functioning properly and you start saying things you shouldn't.

The lesson here my darlings - Never ever ever believe a bartender who tells you the liquid in the bottle of vodka he is pouring in your glass is water. undecided
Okay this is a good one
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Muttering to self

@ All

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
I will be updating the frontpage from time to time with important aspects of the debate like the structure, phases, time line and other guidelines.
Please, be on the look out for these updates and changes.

For starters, the debate rules--->https://www.nairaland.com/1099241/nairalands-literary-debating-day-female#12913518
The Debate Structure---------->https://www.nairaland.com/1099241/nairalands-literary-debating-day-female#12913544
Debating Phases--------------->https://www.nairaland.com/1099241/nairalands-literary-debating-day-female#12913551

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 / Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / {gandhi Jayanti Kavita} Gandhi Jayanti Kavita, Gandhi Jayanti Poem, Hindi Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.