Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (24685 Views)

Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by redsun(m): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2012
grin grin grin
You know,that could be the sweet side of delusion for us.Tapping into others fo-olisness,by encouraging them to come and spend their hard earned monies in our country.

But is it really morally justified?

Pennywise:

We may have found ourselves a real foreign exchange winner.

Oil is not everything.

Let us pray for our pastors.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2012
~Royal~:
The Us Gets by on Mystique, Our Reign is coming to an End.

by 2060 there will most likely be a new world super Power, Possibly China.

China is already a super power. We are in the age of the Dragon. All China needs are more military platforms to project that military power and protect its foreign interest. That must include a very powerful blue-water navy.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx: Who derailed this topic?

Shymexx, ocelot2006. and coogar are culpable.... grin grin grin

Hehehehe grin grin . True sha. But Shymexx, na u start am oh
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by nagoma(m): 10:35am On Nov 12, 2012
It's so easy to bash Nigeria and you guys can do nothing about it. You (S)elected GEJ.

Madam Grace |Mugabe, we have fresh air here in Nija!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

Where did I say the Zimbabwean army is stronger than the British army? The British army right now can only defend the UK against external threats - it can't win on the offensive against a well trained army like the Zimbabwean army... That was my point!

The UK is just living in past glory and hiding behind the big brother(USA) - our army isn't what everyone thinks it's... Punching above your height don't make you strong, it just hides your deficiencies...

1st grade bullcrap.

shymexx:

The countries I listed have well experienced armed forces - and they're all well equipped than the Nigerian armed forces... As country as big as Nigeria don't even have a normal SUBMARINE for crying out - when a 3rd world countries like Iran builds its own submarine... ALgeria has more than three submarines, SA builds its own fighter jets and attack helicopters(one of the best in the world) etc...

The Zimbabwean army also has a parachute regiment - they'll smash Nigeria in a conventional war... grin

2nd grade bullcrap. where did you put naija's amphibian forces. you should see the way most of these countries shake when nigeria coughs. you seem to find it easy to state their positive achievements and our negative issues. most of the statistics taken is based on total population, forget about them having 90 percent literacy rate. our literate populace is more than their whole population (sorry, lemme rephrase that, 2 times their whole population). i have zimbabwean friends, no offense to them, but i think even you rate their country higher than them. i heard that its better to wipe your a.ss with money than to buy toilet paper with it, cos you will use more currency notes to buy the toilet paper.. just joking. grin
ok, maybe the algerian army, maybe egypt, but zimbabwe, this is not an issue of pride o, but that is an insult to just one battalion of our amphibious troops. para-troopers my a.ss. cheesy grin grin
but i agree with you on the whole russian issue, they may have gone from 30 subs to just 1 after of the wars they fought. but they are still highly rated and ranked. but if you can believe the russian army, why not the british army. smiley smiley
i am not saying that naija is all that butttttt....... no mehn, not zimbabwe. these countries have the advantage of small size and population. i would even rank botswana higher than zimbabwe. grin
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
And as for Mrs Mugabe. CAPITAL BULLCRAP.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
dartsidius7:

1st grade bullcrap.

2nd grade bullcrap. where did you put naija's amphibian forces. you should see the way most of these countries shake when nigeria coughs. you seem to find it easy to state their positive achievements and our negative issues. most of the statistics taken is based on total population, forget about them having 90 percent literacy rate. our literate populace is more than their whole population (sorry, lemme rephrase that, 2 times their whole population). i have zimbabwean friends, no offense to them, but i think even you rate their country higher than them. i heard that its better to wipe your a.ss with money than to buy toilet paper with it, cos you will use more currency notes to buy the toilet paper.. just joking. grin
ok, maybe the algerian army, maybe egypt, but zimbabwe, this is not an issue of pride o, but that is an insult to just one battalion of our amphibious troops. para-troopers my a.ss. cheesy grin grin
but i agree with you on the whole russian issue, they may have gone from 30 subs to just 1 after of the wars they fought. but they are still highly rated and ranked. but if you can believe the russian army, why not the british army. smiley smiley
i am not saying that naija is all that butttttt....... no mehn, not zimbabwe. these countries have the advantage of small size and population. i would even rank botswana higher than zimbabwe. grin

Utter tosh!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
pato405:

okey docky then. suffice it to say hence that Nigeria is at blissful 'peace' even when ppl live in precarious insecurity not knowing when or where the next explosion will ravage. don't miss the context of the 'war-torn' she used out of lingual naivete. you don't have to take tenses literally always. use your noggin. To feign ignorance of what she meant by that statement is the hight of self-delusion. Africans in general (not just Mrs. Mugabe) are not oblivious of the current state of disarray in Nigeria. lets stop pretending and trying to put up appearance as if all is well at home front.

There is no f.ucking country at blissful peace. even america had it world trade center blown up. did you hear about the dark night rises massacre, in the states? you people hate your country so much that you find it easy to forget about the negative issues in other countries and magnify the ones for nigeria. are you even in nigeria. i am not saying that the country is all good but you make it sound like, i would step on a mine as soon as i leave my house. using the word war-torn is grossly out of context. That my friend does not describe this country in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

Utter tosh!

typical. cheesy. Thank you very much sir. assignment, go to wikipedia, type nigerian army, read up, then type zimbabwean army. you will be surprised.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by deolumike(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
1025:

uncle, do u know the difference between growing in Christ and growing in churches? you better start reading ur Bible and stop deceiving urself. if we are growing in Christ as u imagined, how come we are still under the ruler-ship of cultists? do u think Christ lives in a dark country like us? what we have here are churches and nothing more. the day we grow in Christ, a lot of things will change here.
. Absolutely. Wonder where he got his own morbid idea of "growing in Christ".
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
dartsidius7:
typical. cheesy. Thank you very much sir. assignment, go to wikipedia, type nigerian army, read up, then type zimbabwean army. you will be surprised.

The same dirty looking Nigerian army?

The same Army that created more than 1million kids in Liberia and Sierra Leone?

You must be having a laugh, mate..
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

The same dirty looking Nigerian army?

The same Army that created more than 1million kids in Liberia and Sierra Leone?

You must be having a laugh, mate..

dirty you say. do you know how bad the US army left vietnam. turned almost all their women to hos. they are soldiers, what do you expect. and nope, i am not having a laugh. i appreciate what i have.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by DonXavi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
If Zimbabweans are leaving all the men of God in their country to come and visit Nigerian men of God, their first lady should be wise enough to understand that they could not find in Zimbabwe what they are coming to look for in Nigeria, instead of resorting to criticism. Men of God have levels. The way God uses Peter may not be the same way he uses Paul, so if i could not get what I am looking for through Peter, that does not mean i shouldn't go to Paul hence they're all servants of the same Master.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by SisiKill1: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mrs Mugabe said Zimbabweans should not waste their money visiting foreign prophets but should instead seek salvation cheaper locally.
And this is still Religion, Jesus Christ and God we are talking about, right. . .not tomatoes, Ata Rodo and Tatashe?

Just asking. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Lamasta(m): 12:20am On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Sir, I was talking about both... All Nigerians who have visited the country will definitely agree with me on that...

And they're arguably more educated and sophisticated than Nigerians - the literacy rate in the country is 90.7%... And that's probably the highest in Africa..

And can they withstand Nigeria in terms of Education ehn mugu?

Nigeria has always and will always be the Pride of the Black Race no amount of beef can change that ok Grace and Zimbabweans.
Entertainment, we rule,
Movies, we rule,
Music, we rules,
Christianity, Preachers and Gospel we rule,
Education, we rule,
Politics, we rule,
Being Famous and Popular as a Nation, we rule,
Economy, Crude oil and Natural Gas we rule,
Wealth, we rule what the f**k do haters want from us again,
If God did not turn his back against us no amount of ENVY, HATRED, BITTERNESS AND TRIBALISM can make us come down cos we are a BLESSED nation God has deposited BLESSING AND GROWTH in our Land, Nobody I mean No first Lady or Last lady from one poor striken nation can change the course of our Fame as a nation.

God Bless Nigeria,

God Bless Nairaland,

Pride of the Black Race........

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Zags001: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wot baffles me most is how most nigerians never get tired of criticising their govt./coun3 & enumeratin Nig.'s weaknesses without doing anything positiv (no matter hw minimal it may be) in solvin these problems bedevillin d nation. I dere4 encourage all nairalanders to alwys endeavor to profer solutions side-by-side their criticisms of d state of our dear nation, & further undertake to apply d solutions in d little way 1 can. ThankU all.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sambos994(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
Zags001: Wot baffles me most is how most nigerians never get tired of criticising their govt./coun3 & enumeratin Nig.'s weaknesses without doing anything positiv (no matter hw minimal it may be) in solvin these problems bedevillin d nation. I dere4 encourage all nairalanders to alwys endeavor to profer solutions side-by-side their criticisms of d state of our dear nation, & further undertake to apply d solutions in d little way 1 can. ThankU all.

There are only one group of people that can critize Nigeria. And those people are Nigerians, no one else.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by cheikh: 5:22am On Nov 19, 2012
$sugardaddy
But in Zimbabwe, there is a dictator that has ruled and still ruling the country for over 30yrs now, that can never happen in Nigeria.

@^^ What's your point? Suffering and Smiling(Nigeria). No wonder we are everywhere(involuntary/voluntary exiles)-even traversing the sahara for the proverbial golden fleece. We are inherently lazy and lacking in introspection and self criticism/appraisal.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by cheikh: 5:34am On Nov 19, 2012
pato405
I agree absolutely. Zim is way far ahead in terms of organisation, vision for the masses and education. the empty haughtiness of most Nigerians still leaves them on their high horse and with their heads in the cloud. they'll NEVER admit other African countries are way far ahead, even Bostwana, Lesotho etc are better of in-terms of security, organisation, employment etc

@^^ It's akin to Americans and some Nigerians foolishly thinking that they have the best/highest quality of life than Western Europe grin wink. Bro you're right!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by cheikh: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2012
solomon111
This rubbish you wrote up here has discredited all the trash,you have been writing.
Fake Nigerian,stop posting trash.
Some of us are actually aware of things,even if others aren't.

@ What have you said? You obviously agree with his viewpoint but grudgingly refuse to give him some credit grin grin.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by cheikh: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2012
Prof Corruption
Number is good but it's not the most important thing. Capability is the key word. What can you achieve with your weapons? Who rules the air space? Who dominates the ocean routes? What's the entire population of Israel not to talk of IDF yet has fought bitter wars with Egypt and entire Arab without being defeated?

@ Bros, your analogy/example is not exactly correct. The Arabs are not exactly as motivated. Only the Palestinians who live like Captive, hapless prisoners in their own land are motivated enough to want to die. The Israeli army are not exactly invisible despite the bottomless Aid/support from USA. The Party of God(Hizbollah-Lebanon) have since trashed that notion/demystify that pseudo-Goliath/David perspective/comparison. Bombing and killing "Prisoners"- (Gaza and West Bank) is not a good measure of strength. Is it? What are they fighting/defending with?
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by londoner: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2012
Maybe they wanted to follow the White Zim farmers to Nigeria......lol
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Zags001: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
@Sambos,, i dont fink my comment earlier calls for any argument. Howeva, since u raised d issue of nigerians bein their own critics, yy dont d same nigerians deem it fit to also be their own prob. solvers as well? Or dont u fink it is also obvious dt d responsibility of makin a difference in nigeria also rests on our shoulders alone? Pls, lets learn to encourage d ryt thing at all tyms.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sambos994(m): 3:08am On Nov 28, 2012
Zags001: @Sambos,, i dont fink my comment earlier calls for any argument. Howeva, since u raised d issue of nigerians bein their own critics, yy dont d same nigerians deem it fit to also be their own prob. solvers as well? Or dont u fink it is also obvious dt d responsibility of makin a difference in nigeria also rests on our shoulders alone? Pls, lets learn to encourage d ryt thing at all tyms.

I can't find my earlier statement so I don't know what I said. But I agree with you. It is up to Nigerian alone to change Nigeria. However, who is this lady talking about Nigeria when Zimbabwe's economy is in shambles.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Okonkwo2211: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
publisher:
Grace Mugabe must be a regular visitor to NAIRALAND. With all the trash some frustrated Nigerians post on this site, a foreigner can be forgiven for assuming the worst about Nigeria.
-Is this not the same Zimbabwe where domestic rats is an urban delicacy?
-Same Zimbabwe where their women worship Nigerian men?
- A two city wonder nation,Harare and Bulawayo built by the white minority goverment?
-A nation of male whimps where its only real man is an 88yr old ruler.

Naija get him own wahala o...but Zimbo? Who born monkey?

mek i go der pls jare/
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2014

President Mugabe has always had strong links with China

sambos994:

I can't find my earlier statement so I don't know what I said. But I agree with you. It is up to Nigerian alone to change Nigeria. However, who is this lady talking about Nigeria when Zimbabwe's economy is in shambles.

Zimbabwe's economy is recovering. Zimbabwe has signed nine investment deals in China during President Robert Mugabe's visit, they included investment in sectors such as energy, roads, railways, telecommunications, agriculture and tourism. And there is no terrorism in Zimbabwe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-rufai’s Policies Are Anti-people — Kaduna Senator, Shehu Sani / Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia / Nasir El-Rufai Studying For PhD In Holland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.