Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (24689 Views)

Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by malele(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
Stupidity
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
manny4life: Perfect case of pot calling kettle black.

A nation with the highest hyperinflation ever recorded? shocked shocked shocked shocked

The lady is indeed correct because trading N1 for 1million Zimbabwean dollar will mean any of their citizen visiting Nigeria is gonna need 10 Ghana-Must-Go bags just to purchase bread. She indirectly telling her citizens, you cannot afford the average Nigerian lifestyle.

Zimbabwe is actually a more organised and better country than Nigeria, to be honest...

The hyper-inflation was due to sanctions and Western conspiracy against Mugabe, aside that, Zimbabwe and Nigeria don't belong in the same sentence in terms of developments..

6 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Yello1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Wat a parochial think brain,well as i expected stupid word frm a ludicrous peeps in a forsaken nation...make i eat my suya jor!

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
Da infamous: she is not lying nigeria is at war...

You're right...I can see well armed militants in technicals engaging the Nigerian Army outside my window, along with kwashioko-stricken kids and women running...oh the horror undecided !!!!

Why don't you tell the Zimbabweans to handle their own issues. You know- dictator, hyper inflation, good shortage, crime, torture by ZANU-PF and security servces.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by publisher(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
Grace Mugabe must be a regular visitor to NAIRALAND. With all the trash some frustrated Nigerians post on this site, a foreigner can be forgiven for assuming the worst about Nigeria.
-Is this not the same Zimbabwe where domestic rats is an urban delicacy?
-Same Zimbabwe where their women worship Nigerian men?
- A two city wonder nation,Harare and Bulawayo built by the white minority goverment?
-A nation of male whimps where its only real man is an 88yr old ruler.

Naija get him own wahala o...but Zimbo? Who born monkey?

5 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by lightheart(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
I think the jet extravaganza by the Nigerian clergies would have rili provoked her. Chai!!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by publisher(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
...might I also add that presently in Zimbabwe,'Audio Cassettes' are still in vogue. Only the rich can afford Dvd and cd players. No be lie o...ask anyone living in Zim right now.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by mrrock: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
They say a prophet is not recognized in his own country. So, yes, madam you're right.
Even Nigerians don't all believe in TB Joshua. Nigerians are also traveling to other countries to seek God. Again, a prophet is not recognized in his own country.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Gkiks1406(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
...Cheap talk by a demented wife of a frustrated Zimbabwen terrorist leader.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by bayfam(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
I think we all said well,more grace to Pst Joshua he shld keep the good work of God on,afterall we Nigerian pays money to Travel out to holy lands,so if gradually ours is becoming a good place of healing to them all,they r most welcome.. She n the husband is suffering from over stay in office,am proud the more the envy we r getting we still wax stronger.. She just want us to remember their country exist in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by pato405(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

You're right...I can see well armed militants in technicals engaging the Nigerian Army outside my window, along with kwashioko-stricken kids and women running...oh the horror undecided !!!!

that's the only scope that captures your definition of war. see how limited your thinking capacity is! what war could be worse than the recent wave of unemployment, suffering amidst plenty, crime, kidnapping, boko bombings e.t.c? she's obviously wiser than you are.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by princemedico: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
cogitoErgo: she is only afraid that Bro. Joshua, seen large number of Zimbabweans, may predict the iminent death of her worn-out husband
You have a point there my bro, i think that is her fears.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by manny4life(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Zimbabwe is actually a more organised and better country than Nigeria, to be honest...

The hyper-inflation was due to sanctions and Western conspiracy against Mugabe, aside that, Zimbabwe and Nigeria don't belong in the same sentence in terms of developments..

Why am I not surprised, you and Cap28 seem to support mysterious conspiracy theory against Africa. What has your conspiracy got to do with their monetary policies? Please explain more, I really want to hear this
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Dahbutter(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
Abegi, don't listen to the senile old lady, afterall she and her hubby have milked Zimbabweans dry & turned power to their birthright probably thru the help of thr same spiritual guide she's advertising. You guys shld keep coming to Naija for all kinds of stuff let's keep taking your little lunch money grin grin grin
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Indeed.

Going by some of the reactionary views expressed on this thread, it is clear that nothing whips up half-baked National sentiment like the 'scud missile' fired by Grace Mugabe.

The Nairalanders who sheathed their swords to tackle a foreign upstart, here, are the very same ones who would return to eviscerate each other by nightfall. grin grin grin

H.G wells had us in mind when he opined that "moral indignation is jealousy with a halo".

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
[size=15pt]Picture of Harare (Zimbabwe)[/size]

[img]http://s08.radikal.ru/i181/0910/09/a4a18f8f64f1.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by lovetterrison(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
See me see grace o..I dey drive the two zimbos wey dey squat for my apartment dis nightt..can u imagine
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by chiswaggs: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
berem: NA WA OH! This is a very big slap on our face! Omo the woman finish us no be small! Nigeria,a worn torn country? DAMN!
abi
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ay0201(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
segunsd: President Robert Mugabe’s wife, Grace has blasted members of Nigerian preacher TB Joshua’s church who frequently fly out of Zimbabwe going for healing and other church meetings.

Mrs Mugabe said Zimbabweans should not waste their money visiting foreign prophets but should instead seek salvation cheaper locally.

Addressing thousands of Christians of the Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa, ZAOGA, at the Today’s Women Conference at Glamis Stadium in Harare yesterday, Grace referred to Christians who visit what she termed war-torn countries naming Nigerian and Ghana, of which it could be only TB Joshua’s country Nigeria since it is the other of the two which is war torn.

“I really don’t understand why scores of people are putting their faith on foreign preachers. They are having to raise a lot of money to visit them when in Zimbabwe we are blessed with anointed people of God who are able to do even greater things,” she said.

Grace Mugabe’s comments come at a time when scores of Zimbabweans, including Cabinet ministers, are flock¬ing to countries such as Ghana and Nigeria seeking divine intervention.

“It doesn’t matter which denomina¬tion you belong to, we are all seeking one God. Believe in our prophets and stop wasting money visiting faraway countries. In Zimbabwe we have people who, through prayer, can heal you from your sickness and restore your broken marriage.

“People have this misconception that Zimbabweans do not know how to pray. Little do they know that we have a lot of anointed people who are able to help us because they know the environ¬ment that we are operating under. A closer look at the countries which are being thronged by our people reveals that they are torn by war and hunger,” she said.

Grace Mugabe told the thousands of people who attended the last day of the conference, organised by Prophetess Eunor Guti of the Zimbabwe Assem¬blies of God, that she also seeks the help of local spiritual leaders.

“I might be Grace Mugabe of Zimbabwe, but I cannot do it all on my own,” she said to wild applause.

“I go to Amai Guti seeking guid¬ance and she prays for me. The prayers enable me to keep my family and life together. I see God’s power in her and I have come to realise that God gives you people in your life to do certain tasks that you cannot do on your own because they are anointed in that area.

“There is no point in trying to com¬pete or badmouth the anointed because theirs is a gift from God.”

Amai Mugabe added that she also believes in fasting as she seeks God.

“Prayer and fasting have sustained me and I have also learnt to ask God for wisdom every day.

“The book of James 1:5 says: ‘If any of you lack wisdom, let them ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him.’

“To know what to do require wis¬dom that comes from God,” she said.

The conference ran from November 8-10 and attracted dele¬gates from more than 182 countries. [indepthafrica]

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=61103

Mrs Grace Mugabe, do your people still use your own equivalent of a Ghana must go bag to carry your over devalued money to go buy a loaf of bread? Yeye woman.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ilenaira: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Don't mind them. When all one has ever known is Nigeria, one tends to believe the hype. Giant of Africa ko, empty-headed braggadocio ni. As for the 'pilgrims' , fools, money, easily parted.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Church marketing. Advertising and promoting home made "miracles" as opposed foreign ones.fake Christianity in crisis.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by yungboss(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
slimyem: She is not to blame..
Nigeria put the words in her mouth..
your right. After all, there is a saying ''it is the way you make your bed you lie on it'' we are the cause of our own problems and whatever is said about us.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by DonPedro21(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
I want to know the age of this Grace Mogabe. With all due respect their is something about old people and the way they reason like children sometimes. If she is sti young her husband must have infected her. I lernt President Mogabe is 80+
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by daryoor(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
all these african countries go sha dey beef naija, dem on radio na naija song, dem on t.v na naija film, now we won kon turn mecca for dia hand.

After her and her husband impoverish those poor people, rig rig election she con dey tell dem watin dem don know before.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by purplebrown: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
how does this affect the price of garri??
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
manny4life:

Why am I not surprised, you and Cap28 seem to support mysterious conspiracy theory against Africa. What has your conspiracy got to do with their monetary policies? Please explain more, I really want to hear this

Really? - how come the hyperinflation started after white farmers were kicked out of Zimbabwe? And didn't you read about the sanctions imposed against Zimbabwe by the West?

You sound more like a mixture of Kobojunkie, Musiwa, and ikeyman00 in your rhetoric - this isn't the manny4life I used to know smh...

Hell yeah, there's a conspiracy against Africa - however, Africans are responsible for everything wrong with the continent...

Read this:

In 2000 a movement of revolutionary war veterans backed-up by legislation seized the land controlled by several thousand descendants of the British colonialists. Land holdings were broken up into smaller farms and millions of Africans were given access to agricultural production as stakeholders and not subservient low-wage workers.

The advent of the land redistribution program of 2000 brought tremendous pressure upon the ZANU-PF government which had subsumed ZAPU in late 1987. Economic sanctions were leveled against the country by Britain, the United States, the European Union and Australia.

http://nsnbc./2012/08/01/zimbabwe-moves-forward-despite-western-sanctions/

^^^If that isn't Western conspiracy, I don't know what it is...

I'm about to go out now, I'll provide a PDF file showing all the sanctions imposed against Zimbabwe by the West..

PS: I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I back all my arguments up with PROOFS from the Western media... However, I don't have a slave mentality - I'm a black man!

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:
Indeed.

Going by some of the reactionary views expressed on this thread, it is clear that nothing whips up half-baked National sentiment like the 'scud missile' fired by Grace Mugabe.

The Nairalanders who sheathed their swords to tackle a foreign upstart, here, are the very same ones who would return to eviscerate each other by nightfall. grin grin grin

H.G wells had us in mind when he opined that "moral indignation is jealousy with a halo".

Bwahahahahaha

This analogy sums up everything about Nigerians... We might fight among one another, however, we all unite against outsiders..

Nigerian nationalists...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Yeah Zimbabwe's more organized. That's why its citizens run to neighboring South Africa in droves as refugees/illegal immigrants while the rest can't afford to buy a single bread. Then you equally have white farmers slaughtered in their own farms. Sure, it's more organized.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Blueboy0402: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nigeria a country of about 160 million people is indeed the envy of other countries. I've watched with keen interest the bitter odium other nationals have towards Nigerians and I just wonder what's the root cause of this "Nigeriaphobia".

From South Africa to Ghana; Garbon to Angola; Libya to Zimbabwe, Cameroon to Niger the story is the same. Almost every nation under the sun hate Nigeria and Nigerians. Why?

Common Zimbabwe have joined the "enviable" league of Nigeria haters. Oh beautiful Nigeria what have you done to deserve this palpable hatred from countries you helped liberate from chains? Sweet land of milk and honey why have they suddenly ganged up against you? Apart from the Atlantic, you are surrounded by unfriendly friends masquerading as genuine friends. Where did you get it wrong?

My dear country even though you are having challenges right now, I pray that one day you overcome them and then take your rightful place among the committee of nations. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by cjrane: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
The man of God, Prophet TB Joshua is the only man of God that gives foreign church members in serious financial dire straits huge sums of money and those people give tithe to their local churches from that money. He even recently gave N7 million naira to some repentant Boko Haram boys who came to seek financial help to start legitimate business instead of being political thugs.

Zimbabwe or Cameroon government cannot use the horrible image of Nigeria to diminish the real work of salvation that this Prophet has been doing without discrimination by race,religion or ethnicity.

If TB Joshua were a German or American, Presidents and world leaders would easily recognize his divine gifts and praise his mind blowing acts of kindness and philanthropy.But i guess God deliberately chose a Nigerian and a Yoruba for that matter. To prove that some good can come out of Nazareth.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sylve11: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Lol @ the replies. Nairaland ehn! grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / DSS Beefs Up Headquarters Security Ahead Of #FreeSowore Protest Today / Onnoghen: EFCC Combs Ex-cjn’s Farm In Nasarawa, Confiscates Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.