Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (24684 Views)

Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ocelot2006(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
pato405:

that's the only scope that captures your definition of war. see how limited your thinking capacity is! what war could be worse than the recent wave of unemployment, suffering amidst plenty, crime, kidnapping, boko bombings e.t.c? she's obviously wiser than you are.

Son, before you embarrass yourself any further, I suggest you look up the meaning of the phrase "war-torn", then get back to me. I'll equally appreciate it if you list the current raging wars in Nigeria and areas were within the country were people are dying of starvation (pls note that I currently live and work in the restive North East). Go ahead, I'll wait.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Egbagirl(f): 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Zimbabwe is actually a more organised and better country than Nigeria, to be honest...

The hyper-inflation was due to sanctions and Western conspiracy against Mugabe, aside that, Zimbabwe and Nigeria don't belong in the same sentence in terms of developments..

Oga Shymmex, biko please tell them again o. I lived there for 5 years and I swear I'd rather live in Zim just because of the way it is so organized. Life isnt rosy of course but at least some sanity! The oyinbo people spent a lot of time there and the result is obvious.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by olempe(m): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
ochallo: is this not the woman whose husband has spent 100 years in office, of course, she would say something daft, she doesn't want them to get exposure so that they don't eventually send them packing.

Word!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Shaw007(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hehehee. . .all dz small small countries just want their share of the pound of flesh off Naija!!

Yes we are war torn,but shey na country Like zimbabwe suPpose dey open mouth?? Ai Laf. . .

ImagIne make confam crippled pauper dey tell middle class man "O bOi u poor sha"

ax In,e no funny??

She dey talk of spirituality,con drive go economic issues,Lah wah O!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Bryan12(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thats happen when they turn on their radio,they hear is wizkid,pquare.etc
When the turn on their tv they see nollywood,emmanueltv.
Futile hatred!!!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by kawkab: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
acidosis™(m)That man dey see o my brother..
but I'm not a fan of all that! I don't need a prophet to tell me my phone number.. I know it already.

Aside that, the man is a great PREACHER. His wife is also a prophetess..

Thank you my brother. A so called prophet comes around and calls your number and name then you start shivering. is that you forgot your phone number or you dont know your name.

We are so gullible.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Lakulos(m): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
berem: a worn torn country? DAMN!

War torn

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Egba girl:
Oga Shymmex, biko please tell them again o. I lived there for 5 years and I swear I'd rather live in Zim just because of the way it is so organized. Life isnt rosy of course but at least some sanity! The oyinbo people spent a lot of time there and the result is obvious.

Don't mind Nigerians and their pseudo-nationalist sentiments... Zimbabwe(Rhodesia) has always been the pride of Africa since the ancient times, with Great Zimbabwe... And Zimbabweans are some of the most sophisticated and intelligent Africans out there... It's not the best in the world, however, it's definitely far better than than Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:
Yeah Zimbabwe's more organized. That's why its citizens run to neighboring South Africa in droves as refugees/illegal immigrants while the rest can't afford to buy a single bread. Then you equally have white farmers slaughtered in their own farms. Sure, it's more organized.

You sound myopic - do you know what hyper-inflation is? There's no hyper-inflation in Nigeria, yet most Nigerians live like illegal immigrants in their own country... You don't even want me to talk about the millions of Nigerians scattered around the world scrounging everywhere as illegal immigrants, do you??...

Zimbabwe has always been the pride of Africa, and it's way better than Nigeria - even with hyper-inflation...

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sugardaddy1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
@Op
Well, I haven't seen anywhere in the post where the woman specifically mentioned "Nigeria". Plese let's not encourage the spreading of half-truth...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
No Boko Haram in Zimbabwe

No Suicide bombers in Zimbabwe

No village of ALUU in Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sugardaddy1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
Horus: No Boko Haram in Zimbabwe

No Suicide bombers in Zimbabwe

No village of ALUU in Zimbabwe
But in Zimbabwe, there is a dictator that has ruled and still ruling the country for over 30yrs now, that can never happen in Nigeria.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
See HIV infested zimbabwe calling nigeria a hungry nation.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2155rank.html

Why the beef...even if i perceive naija as jungle its still far better than zimbabwe...

It seems most african first ladies do not know how to speak diplomatically.
I guess our dear Patience with all her 'flaws' culd actually be her teacher.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Its a real shame this woman thinks by indirect insunuation that Zimbabwe is by far better than Nigeria. She's just deluded.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by BarexB: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Zimbabwe that one loaf of bread is one million of their zimbabwean currency and to enter bus for there na 50million... Mk she use their local Pastors to improve their currency thru prayers na...
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by queensmith: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Grace Mugabe clearly has a dissenting opinion on one of Nigeria's highest grossing exports grin grin grin

lol, its sad that this statement is soo true!
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by tpia1: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
who visit what she termed war-torn countries naming Nigerian and Ghana, of which it could be only TB Joshua’s country Nigeria since it is the other of the two which is war torn.

eyah.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by sundaybam(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
[/b]True talk.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Horus(m): 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
$ugardaddy:

But in Zimbabwe, there is a dictator that has ruled and still ruling the country for over 30yrs now, that can never happen in Nigeria.

But in Nigeria, there is Corruption that has ruled and still ruling the country for over 50yrs now
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
pato405:

that's the only scope that captures your definition of war. see how limited your thinking capacity is! what war could be worse than the recent wave of unemployment, suffering amidst plenty, crime, kidnapping, boko bombings e.t.c? she's obviously wiser than you are.

cheesy cheesy what are you saying..... then we can as well say that america is at war. SMH
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
Time to get you Nigerians off your high horse... grin

Countries far better than Nigeria in subsaharan Africa:

- Seychelles.
- Madagascar.
- Gambia.
- Cape Verde.
- Kenya.
- New Rwanda.
- South Africa.
- Ethiopia.
- Zimbabwe.
- Botswana.
- Republic du Benin.
- Swaziland.
- Tanzania.
- Angola(the new Angola).

Thank me later! cool

3 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dartsidius7(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Zimbabwe is actually a more organised and better country than Nigeria, to be honest...

The hyper-inflation was due to sanctions and Western conspiracy against Mugabe, aside that, Zimbabwe and Nigeria don't belong in the same sentence in terms of developments..

sorry chief, i was just wondering? are you talking about the country's organisation or its development. Nigeria might not be too good, but organisation does not put zimbabwe ahead of us. smiley
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
And Mugabe is not a dictator, he's one of the few brave African leaders left on the continent...

10% of the population owning 90% of the land is unacceptable, especially when people who were supposed to pay the indigenous people became too arrogant to abide by the signed agreement..

Zimbabwe will forever remember him for taking back what belongs to them from white farmers... Change is always difficult at first, however, with time they will realize that his action was in the best interest of the indigenous people... Thabo Mbeki wanted to try something similar in South Africa - but he was thrown out before he started..

Mugabe is an African legend! cool

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by pato405(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
dartsidius7:

cheesy cheesy what are you saying..... then we can as well say that america is at war. SMH

okey docky then. suffice it to say hence that Nigeria is at blissful 'peace' even when ppl live in precarious insecurity not knowing when or where the next explosion will ravage. don't miss the context of the 'war-torn' she used out of lingual naivete. you don't have to take tenses literally always. use your noggin. To feign ignorance of what she meant by that statement is the hight of self-delusion. Africans in general (not just Mrs. Mugabe) are not oblivious of the current state of disarray in Nigeria. lets stop pretending and trying to put up appearance as if all is well at home front.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
dartsidius7:

sorry chief, i was just wondering? are you talking about the country's organisation or its development. Nigeria might not be too good, but organisation does not put zimbabwe ahead of us. smiley

Sir, I was talking about both... All Nigerians who have visited the country will definitely agree with me on that...

And they're arguably more educated and sophisticated than Nigerians - the literacy rate in the country is 90.7%... And that's probably the highest in Africa..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by pato405(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
shymexx:

Sir, I was talking about both... All Nigerians who have visited the country will definitely agree with me on that...

And they're arguably more educated and sophisticated than Nigerians - the literacy rate in the country is 90.7%... And that's probably the highest in Africa..

I agree absolutely. Zim is way far ahead in terms of organisation, vision for the masses and education. the empty haughtiness of most Nigerians still leaves them on their high horse and with their heads in the cloud. they'll NEVER admit other African countries are way far ahead, even Bostwana, Lesotho etc are better of in-terms of security, organisation, employment etc
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by 1025: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
the only thing wrong in her statement is that she called us war torn instead of boko haram/pdp torn country.
madam, next time, address us rightly by using boko haram, corruption or pdp torn country.
whether it is war torn, boko haram torn,corruption torn or pdp torn, the most important thing is that nigeria is torn.
in fact, we are torns or tornses. we can call this country a militant torn or even kidnappers torn country.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by bobolic: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
It is a pity that General Abacha is no longer alive. That is why the wife of the president that we supported can call us names now. If he were alive, she would have been too scared to mention our country. First it was insignificant Malawi amd now Zimbabwe with its 2 million dollar notes that can hardly buy a loaf of bresd.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by pato405(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
1025: the only thing wrong in her statement is that she called us war torn instead of boko haram/pdp torn country.
madam, next time, address us rightly by using boko haram, corruption or pdp torn country.
whether it is war torn, boko haram torn,corruption torn or pdp torn, the most important thing is that nigeria is torn.
in fact, we are torns or tornses. we can call this country a militant torn or even kidnappers torn country.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you've said it all. grin grin grin grin grin. it's tooooooorrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to shreds! thanks to fash with his recent evil genius idea of state ID cards in desperate bid to flush out the so called 'ALIENS' from Lagos state. hopefully, other states will follow suit and before you know it, they'll be perfectly 'TORN' into 36 countries! grin
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by abouzaid: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Never tell d bitter truth to a nigerian, he would reply u with insult and denial. Just allow him stew in his own mess. I know that harare use to be d most beautifull capital in africa, the university of zimbabwe was highly recognised and they have d best health system in subsaharan africa all before d western sanctions. They are gradually going back to their old glory while nigeria gets worse

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Clemzy16(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
This woman is just jealous that We're growing in christ while her country is still serving idols(voodoo) at the 21st century.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
pato405:

I agree absolutely. Zim is way far ahead in terms of organisation, vision for the masses and education. the empty haughtiness of most Nigerians still leaves them on their high horse and with their heads in the cloud. they'll NEVER admit other African countries are way far ahead, even Bostwana, Lesotho etc are better of in-terms of security, organisation, employment etc

Thank you, brother..

Nigeria is a 10th rate country with massive potentials - the rest of Africa left us behind in the 80s and early 90s... However, delusional Nigerians will never agree...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / President Buhari And Service Chiefs In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.