Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality (13428 Views)

Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / Driving With Or Without Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Not style. I drive btter with only my left hand.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by manny4life(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
Driving with one hand is the coolest thing I do while driving. I thinks it's more of comfort that abnormal - compare it to driving without both hands at 70mph grin grin grin
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by vislabraye(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
There's nothing stylish about it. I drive with one hand and its ususally for convenience.
But when I'm on 3rd Mainland bridge or I need to be alert, all hands must be on deck.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Okijajuju1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
When once I reach 100km/h I switch to driving wi two hands... I once sat in a car where the back tyre exploded at 120 km/h and if the driver didn't have both hands on the wheel, it would have been disastrous.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
BMZK: That is just me. Believe me i cannot drive for 2mins with 2 hands even if the time i decided to force myself to drive in the formal way when i realiased my driving habit is not the best practice.
Another odd driving habit i have is the use of 2 legs while driving an automatic car till tommorrow.
Bushman . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by chucksbadt(m): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pls i know am gion off topic but am still learning how to drive and all the cars in my house are automatic.......i want to know if it advisable to use 2 legs while driving automatic?....or is one leg preferable....if yes..why?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
My left hand does the driving. My right hand does other things like pressing my phone and handling my seat partner
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive with mostly one hand even on the motorway (average speed of 100mph)... I only use two hands on te steering wheel if I need to turn or stabilise the car when it starts to shake from over speeding.

I use my left (free) hand to azonto and change gears
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
chucksbadt: Pls i know am gion off topic but am still learning how to drive and all the cars in my house are automatic.......i want to know if it advisable to use 2 legs while driving automatic?....or is one leg preferable....if yes..why?

One leg.

The left leg is for the clutch and since automatic cars have no clutch, you can rest your left leg. You have no need for it... You can even cut it off grin
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Abbey2sam(m): 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
it's non of the above....it's total nornal driving with on hand
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Anvaller: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Midtown cruise = 1 hand
Top speed on a lonely highway = 1 hand
Top speed on a busy highway = Both hands
Top speed meandering = Both hands
That's been my driving habit since '98 and never had a crash, I am proud of that.

1 Like

Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
I loved one hand when I started driving but I came to prefer both hands because I have a balanced steering with that on the highway.
One hand is fun and relaxing driving within. Both is better while travelling and on God-speed.
Nothing abnormal with it @ all.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
abiL: I drive with mostly one hand even on the motorway (average speed of 100mph)... I only use two hands on te steering wheel if I need to turn or stabilise the car when it starts to shake from over speeding.

I use my left (free) hand to azonto and change gears
and to remove her bra lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
I'll cal it suicidal fashion! cry
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
ItsModella:
and to remove her bra lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hahahahaha grin cheesy grin

Stop sharing top secret information.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by GentleNaaz(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
I ws drivn wt one hand one day. Sudenly, my car startd flyn. I ws overwhelmd wt joy 2 c my car flyn, until i realized i just struck a bridge n my car ws flyn in2 river benue. O boy, story cum change o. Tank God a fisher man caught me in hs net

1 Like

Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Clemzy16(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
The Police call it Reckless driving, we call it skills.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by dapyd1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
Oma na one hand I dey take drive o.... Even when I try two hands, before I know it.. Its d person beside me dat wil notice one hand has drifted away. I've come to accept that no matter how hard I try, I JUST CANT DRIVE WITH TWO HANDS...
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by ayobase(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
Barbar2ndey: I have seen people driving with one hand and putting the other on d car door i want u guyz to contribute wat u think about this

Its mostly a reflex action.
If u r conscious of your driving, u will realise that u tend to apply the second hand once u are about overtaking, or when in busy place.
Its not a style, but some does though!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by ayobase(m): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
dapy.d:
Oma na one hand I dey take drive o.... Even when I try two hands, before I know it.. Its d person beside me dat wil notice one hand has drifted away. I've come to accept that no matter how hard I try, I JUST CANT DRIVE WITH TWO HANDS...

Na reflex!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive better with my left hand alone. Once your wheel balancing is perfect, why the heck should anyone use both hands to drive. Na tipper and tanker drivers dey use both hands to drive.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by sunkoye: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
I do drive with one hand cos it makes me very comfortable. But wen I need balancing or I feel like am in a difficult position-my second hand get activated unconsiously!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Mcleo007(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Its more comfortable for me to drive with one hand, knowing i can switch to the other whenever i feel like. I wouldn't call it style nor abnormality though, its just what gores one to his/her act.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Exponental(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
i learnt how to drive with one hand.................sorry if u feel offended.
though i now drive with d two hands mostly on highways and on high speed. i was advised against one hand on high speed cos of pot holes havoc and burst of Tyre.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Chylo(m): 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
IMHO, I think it has to do with comfort. I often drive one-handed, but for safety sake, one should know when to use both hands on the wheel. For example wen am on high speed, I ALWAYS use two hands, also, wen am on a bad road with lots of bumps and pot-holes, I also use both hands to ensure I do not loose control. Everyone knows what works for them though, but the important thing is to be comfortable and safe.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by promisengr(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive with one hand coz it iz more flexible and easy to manuver.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by knockturnal(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
Despite various correctns frm my cousin who taught me how to drive, i am onli comfortable using one hand to steer. I only resort to 2 hands when navigatin sharp corners on the road. Plus i need my right hand to hold my cigaweettes!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by candieangel12(f): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive with one hand most of the time. I only drive with two hands when its raining, snowing, or extra windy. I love speeding on the highway, I'm usually at 80-100mph but there was this one time I drove at 120mph, never again cus I got pulled over and the police told me that driving over 90mph is attempted murder and he cud send me to jail, but he'll let me go with a warning since I look like his daughter smiley
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12: I drive with one hand most of the time. I only drive with two hands when its raining, snowing, or extra windy. I love speeding on the highway, I'm usually at 80-100mph but there was this one time I drove at 120mph, never again cus I got pulled over and the police told me that driving over 90mph is attempted murder and he cud send me to jail, but he'll let me go with a warning since I look like his daughter smiley
what a perverted officer...he should have given a blasted ticket.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12: I drive with one hand most of the time. I only drive with two hands when its raining, snowing, or extra windy. I love speeding on the highway, I'm usually at 80-100mph but there was this one time I drove at 120mph, never again cus I got pulled over and the police told me that driving over 90mph is attempted murder and he cud send me to jail, but he'll let me go with a warning since I look like his daughter smiley
i am so effing pissed angry a warning what? smh, sexist. i got a 400 dollars plus ticket for going 60 on school zone... that is bullshyte. they couldnt give me warning sad cry angry angry angry angry grin lucky u
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dopefiend:

Omo same wit me o. Feel normal nw? grin
thank God, he no easy bros
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by candieangel12(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
ItsModella:
what a perverted officer...he should have given a blasted ticket.

Girl shoot! Haha I wasn't complaining. I was thanking the stars I was let off the hook. I never go past 100mph now, im not willing to risk goin 2 jail for attempted murder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition / How Much Does It Cost To Ring A Car? / What Kind Of Car Can ₦1 Million Get Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.