Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality (13430 Views)

Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / Driving With Or Without Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:

Haha! Yes soo true! Ya gotta be ready to hit them breaks at all time n also ya be very close but yet have a lil distance btwn. Im surprised I havnt gotten into a car accident before but there is one time I was pullin out of my driveway n I didnt see my dads car parked behind me n I hit it. Lol my dad was like wtf!? grin

Hahahha I dad would be pissed.

I've had a lot near-miss accidents, but haven't actually hit anything or anyone. *Touch wood*
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by tolex29(f): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive with one hand and most times people think I'm being stylish (even my wife at some point)...but truth is I learnt driving using my left and always prepping my right to switch gears; it was just out of nervousness sha. Today, it's so so comfortable for me but a lotta people do not understand my journey to this point. And I want to believe there are many out there just like me...however, I've seen people who drives with one hand just to get unnecessarily stylish!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by mikenorris(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
BMZK: That is just me. Believe me i cannot drive for 2mins with 2 hands even if the time i decided to force myself to drive in the formal way when i realiased my driving habit is not the best practice.
Another odd driving habit i have is the use of 2 legs while driving an automatic car till tommorrow.
guy driving automatic wit 2 legs na big abnormality, u jst av 2 stop it, as 4 me I enjoy driving wit one hand pass..
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by djcrown(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
Its easier and moreover you need to show some attitudinal swag in whatever you enggage yoursellf in.its also swag
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Jarus(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
I drive with one hand. It started as a style as a teenager showing off in secondary school, but later became part of me. I'm more comfortable driving with one hand except when I'm on expressways and above 100km/hr.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by noblegas2(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12: I drive with one hand most of the time. I only drive with two hands when its raining, snowing, or extra windy. I love speeding on the highway, I'm usually at 80-100mph but there was this one time I drove at 120mph, never again cus I got pulled over and the police told me that driving over 90mph is attempted murder and he cud send me to jail, but he'll let me go with a warning since I look like his daughter smiley

Did you just say you love speeding on the highway? With 80-100km/hr? You call that speeding?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
noble_gas1:

Did you just say you love speeding on the highway? With 80-100km/hr? You call that speeding?

Miles per hour she said!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
noble_gas1:

Didn't you see the 80-100 mph? mph not km/h.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
ItsModella:
Didn't you see the 80-100 mph? mph not km/h.

I wonder!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
Jarus: I drive with one hand. It started as a style as a teenager showing off in secondary school, but later became part of me. I'm more comfortable driving with one hand except when I'm on expressways and above 100km/hr.

mr jarus, you too?
no wonder 95% nigerians don't pass their driving tests in the uk - nearly all of them were poorly tutored in driving....drive with one hand? phewwwww!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by crisycent: 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
I hate driving with both hands on the steering because it constrains me and does not give room for good and fast maneuvers. I only drive with both hands on the steering wheel when i am traveling and driving between 160-180kph because i know i may hit a stone or pot-hole that may just suddenly turn my steering so i need enough power to handle such event.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by sk4real: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
It's comfy driving wit one hand on ‎​the wheel especially wen one is travelling from Lagos ‎​to Ibadan express way
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Jarus(m): 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

mr jarus, you too?
no wonder 95% nigerians don't pass their driving tests in the uk - nearly all of them were poorly tutored in driving....drive with one hand? phewwwww!
Tutor? Wetin be that? cheesy
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Jarus:
Tutor? Wetin be that? cheesy

you mean you never learnt how to drive? you just jumped into a car and started driving?
mr-jarus, are you a bionic boy?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Abbott(m): 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
One hand on the steering wheel, the other on the gear for instant gear shifting.....e ma dami duro....
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
Abbott: One hand on the steering wheel, the other on the gear for instant gear shifting.....ema dami duro....

I swear that song sounds so much better when you're speeding down the motorway grin
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by chucksbadt(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
chucksbadt: Pls i know am gion off topic but am still learning how to drive and all the cars in my house are automatic.......i want to know if it advisable to use 2 legs while driving automatic?....or is one leg preferable....if yes..why?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
chaircover, go and watch fast & furious jor and get with the programme - what is driving without pushing it to the limit?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by ayobase(m): 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Thread hijacked!
Candie, itsmod, abil...una weldone o!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar: chaircover, go and watch fast & furious jor and get with the programme - what is driving without pushing it to the limit?

grin grin grin
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
ayobase: Thread hijacked!
Candie, itsmod, abil...una weldone o!

Ose!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
chaircover: Anyone speeding at 130mph on a UK road would have been fined & banned at the very least.

Speeding is not hip. A car can easily in a split second become a murder weapon and an innocent family wiped out by someone who selfishly decides to leave home/start destination too late and thinks that speeding is the best way to make up time.

If anything happens at 130mph, like a burst tyre or someone changing lane suddenly, then there is very little chance of being able to control the car.

*yawns*
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
chaircover: coogar I dont mind people speeding ooooo! . . . . .at silverstone on a race track and not putting other innocent drivers at risk.

I am sure that you agree that 130mph is extremely dangerously fast on a packed motorway. A speeding driver wiped out a colleague of mine and her whole family on the M1 recently.

whoaaaa.......that's sad....condolences
the people spouting the 130mph don't stay in the uk, obviously.....in the states, anything goes....most of their roads have no speed limits so it's speed till you bleed. grin here in the uk with our tiny roads? expect the whole police department, aerial support crew and channel 5 footage!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

whoaaaa.......that's sad....condolences
the people spouting the 130mph don't stay in the uk, obviously.....in the states, anything goes....most of their roads have no speed limits so it's speed till you bleed. grin here in the uk with our tiny roads? expect the whole police department, aerial support crew and channel 5 footage!

I speed in the UK, and since when is the motorway "tiny"?!
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
chaircover:

Yes oooo! Yawn as much as you want

My condolences though.

When I do drive fast, I always have in the back of my mind other drivers and pedestrians... And my family (don't want them losing their precious sweet lovely daughter).
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
abiL:
I speed in the UK, and since when is the motorway "tiny"?!

very tiny compared to those 10-12 lanes american roads.... 130mph in the uk? other drivers would have you reported asap....
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 11:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

very tiny compared to those 10-12 lanes american roads.... 130mph in the uk? other drivers would have you reported asap....

3 lanes and a hard shoulder tiny.. Okay?!
They aren't tiny, there just isn't a lot of lanes here compared to those in the US.

Just drove down from Southampton today and my top speed was over 120mph. And no, I didn't get stopped or reported.
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by coogar: 12:04am On Nov 18, 2012
abiL:
3 lanes and a hard shoulder tiny.. Okay?!
They aren't tiny, there just isn't a lot of lanes here compared to those in the US.

Just drove down from Southampton today and my top speed was over 120mph. And no, I didn't get stopped or reported.

they would soon take your license off you with a 5-yr ban at this rate!
120mph is abnormal - that's 193km/hr.....blahhhhh, i doubt it....the car would vibrate. what is the brand of your car and what reg?
Re: Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality by abiL(f): 12:15am On Nov 18, 2012
coogar:

they would soon take your license off you with a 5-yr ban at this rate!
120mph is abnormal - that's 193km/hr.....blahhhhh, i doubt it....the car would vibrate. what is the brand of your car and what reg?

I've had to take a speed awareness course in the past.

The car vibrates sometimes, when the road isn't as smooth, there's wind blowing, or if there's a slight curve/ bend to the road.

I'm used to long distance high speed driving, so I rarely notice the car shaking, when it does shake. If it shakes too much, I just ease off the accelerator.

I drive a Mini Cooper Convertible.. 2010 one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition / Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! / How Much Does It Cost To Ring A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.