Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (24983 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by markus1133: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2012
it is a sin!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by emrysdwarlord(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2012
GARRI (x7):

My stand ont his issue never changed. I agree with Kukah 100%...

Pls focus on the substance of Kukah's message, and not whether he'd have accepted the gift or not...

Lastly, I'm sorry about saying you lack education... smiley
seconded grin

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2012
There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 9:10am On Nov 18, 2012
Am with the bishop 100%.
Besides I strongly disagree about the source of the jerry curl hair pastor jet.
He said his members grin grin I think he is lying.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.

Nobody is saying the church is poor. Infact its a good thing for the church to be wealthy. However I believe we have misplaced our priorities. Churches now tend to be business minded than fulfilling the needs of the people within their capability.
Let's take oyedepo 4jets for instance. Don't u think the yearly amount that will be used to maintain, run and facilitates those jets in millions of dollars can be used to subsidize covenant university school fees which even the vast majority of his members can't afford to send their kids.

When the missionaries came, they came with schools, hospitals etc that were affordable and at times free. What will we say is our legacy now? Outdoing ourselves in acquiring vanities in the midst of abject poverty.
It's a shame.

22 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by GARRIx7(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: ....Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
... What about the poor members of your church, they don't pay their tithe..right??

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ujchief(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2012
kokoA: 1. and what make their lives more important than hundreds of other people that die in plane crashes?
2. If the so called religious leaders focus on their real work and speak the truth to people in power we won't be in the mess we are now, our aviation sector woul have been good.
@1. Men of God are not the only private jet owners in this country, u just pick on them b'cos u prefer they die in plane crash with everyother Nigerian. Your problem is that u're ok with the likes of otedola and uba having private jets after swindling the country, but its un-imaginable for the CAN president to have one, despite having to travel all the lenght of the country and abroad by virtue of the nature of his office.
@2. What do u think the jets they have is for? U actually think they live at the jets? Dont border answering, i'v seen how shallow so many nigerians are. For ur info, the jet is for the work of God! They travel around with it for ease of transportation. How will pst Adeboye attend a program being hosted by redeemed church, owerri with his entourage? Pastorial assistants, music directors, personal asst, wife and other pastors he may want to travel along with?
If Kukah had his jet, he would have flewn down to Lag to deliver his own speech rather than sending a representative.
Quit hating, it makes u look shallow and empty.
The word of God is working.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ujchief(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2012
For those comparing the ministers of God we've got now to the ministry of Jesus, paul and peter, the bible made it clear that the glory of the latter days shall surpase the former.
Also in Joel 2:28, 'In the last days, i will pour out my spirit upon all flesh...
Retrace back to vs 24 'And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2012
Demdem:

Nobody is saying the church is poor. Infact its a good thing for the church to be wealthy. However I believe we have misplaced our priorities. Churches now tend to be business minded than fulfilling the needs of the people within their capability.
Let's take oyedepo 4jets for instance. Don't u think the yearly amount that will be used to maintain, run and facilitates those jets in millions of dollars can be used to subsidize covenant university school fees which even the vast majority of his members can't afford to send their kids.

When the missionaries came, they came with schools, hospitals etc that were affordable and at times free. What will we say is our legacy now? Outdoing ourselves in acquiring vanities in the midst of abject poverty.
It's a shame.

Oyedepo doesnt have 4 jets. The Living Faith Church worldwide has 2jets for airlifting its team of pastors around the world. Living Faith has over 300 churches outside Nigeria and pastors travel to this countries every month. Should they depend on Dana air when the church has a faster means.

The Redeemed Church of God also has a University and numerous secondary schools across the nation. You people just like saying lies about the work of God
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2012
CHRIST said "carry you cross and follow me". That was what the apostles did. They didn't say because Christ has died for them so they must acquire as many wealth as possible. Who among the apostles was/were rich after Christ has ascended to heaven? Remember what Christ told the rich man if he wants to make heaven? Sell all your properties and give the money to the poor. A life of selfless service. A life of earthly poverty but heavenly riches.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2012
GARRI (x7):

... What about the poor members of your church, they don't pay their tithe..right??

God answers prayers when he deems fit. His time is the best. If they are steadfast their time would come.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2012
Enemies of progress
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: For those comparing the ministers of God we've got now to the ministry of Jesus, paul and peter, the bible made it clear that the glory of the latter days shall surpase the former.
Also in Joel 2:28, 'In the last days, i will pour out my spirit upon all flesh...
Retrace back to vs 24 'And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
the vats shall overflow with wine and oil for everybody not only for the "men of God"

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: the vats shall overflow with wine and oil for everybody not only for the "men of God"

It is only a Church that its members have been blessed to a point of overflow, that can be a blessing to their pastor.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Abagworo(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2012
Left for me I will ban conribution in Church. Any pastor found guilty of collecting tithe or contribution will face death penalty and there wealth shared to their poor members. Disgusting!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2012
Abagworo: Left for me I will ban conribution in Church. Any pastor found guilty of collecting tithe or contribution will face death penalty and there wealth shared to their poor members. Disgusting!

Abeg move from here with ur disgusting post.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

Oyedepo doesnt have 4 jets. The Living Faith Church worldwide has 2jets for airlifting its team of pastors around the world. Living Faith has over 300 churches outside Nigeria and pastors travel to this countries every month. Should they depend on Dana air when the church has a faster means.

The Redeemed Church of God also has a University and numerous secondary schools across the nation. You people just like saying lies about the work of God

Actually u are the one peddling lies. Just Google oyedepo jets and see his 4jets. 300churches outside and so what? Do they travel to these churches everday or those places have their resident pastors? Besides if they even travel everyday, what's wrong with international airlines and not Dana u foolishly qouted. At worst go on first class or better still hire a jet since it isn't an every day thing. Above all, do they have more churches or parishes than either the catholic or even anglican? Etc. How many private jets does the pope has?

About redeemed, don't know where u are getting at? My point still remains. The amount used to purchase, maintain, run and facilitates these jets in millions of dollars yearly is sufficient to subsiize the school fees of these expensive schools that have been set up that the vast majority of their members can't even afford.

14 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

It is only a Church that its members have been blessed to a point of overflow, that can be a blessing to their pastor.

Not necessarily. It is possible for dirt-poor church members to make their pastor very rich by contributing their "widow's mites". A little amount from each person can amount to much.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

By the way, av u been to oritsejafors church before? This is neccessary.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 18, 2012
The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.

20 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Abagworo(m): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

Abeg move from here with ur disgusting post.

If you are one of them and I get you, I'll take back all you've stolen from the poor and squeeze the life out of you. Wicked man!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by FreeGlobe(f): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.
for the first time ever Billyonaire is making a hell load of sense grin

9 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

the money is individual contributions. Let him sell his properties and give the money to the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Leadn(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Ur question shows you need an education.....

Thank you so much! The dude is so backward is thought... I think he has a pea sized brain undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by dilbert100: 11:09am On Nov 18, 2012
undecided
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Super1759: 11:09am On Nov 18, 2012
gbadexy:
^This here is the reason why it is encouraged for youths to read educative and informative materials instead of trivialities.
I don't think you listen to public lectures or you know the pedigree and antecedents of reverend kukah.
The man is principled, vociferous and highly respected nationwide.
you are simply one of the followers who takes in every poo believing in his position. I believe you are one of the people pointing hands on other people,that shows the rate at which denominationship had eaten deep into christianity.
Is oyedepo not principled? Is chris oyakilome not prinicpled? By the way,what's the difference between kukah and others? Are they not all men of God?
When tunde bakare spoke about getting them all arrested,he included himself.
I only asked a question and its eaten you deep. You,yourself,if you are given a jet on your bithday,won't you take?
Your just very insensitive to my post,you should have read all before typing your poo. I didn't give these pastors any credit. You English teacher should be dealt with
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ujchief(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2012
FreeGlobe:
for the first time ever Billyonaire is making a hell load of sense grin
...the snail to the tortoise, 'u walk too fast'!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by informatix: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2012
KUKAH is always known/harted for speaking the truth. Jesus(Isa Ibn maryam) was one of the poorest Prophets but remains one of the most Hardworking among the Prophets.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by fittty(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2012
Yes it is very embarassing. When you tell members to pay tithe and give offerings and then you end up using the money to buy expensive cars and jets. That's just not cool.... But if these stuffs were given as gift(which I doubt) then no problem with that....
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by sundaybam(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2012
Give that kukan private jet 2 maybe he will not accept it. Mtcheeeew
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 11:12am On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.

Never thought I would agree with you on anything, but like they say, even a non functioning watch is right two times in the day. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by sunny4christ(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2012
He dat own's de the earth and it fullness is He poor. I must say dat we christian are de right people who deserve dose jet. Christ was made poor dat we may be rich. Dere isn'thing wrong in it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.