Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (24982 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by caesaraba(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2012
Please allow me to digress but the type of 'christianity' in vogue these days as evident by some posts from supposed christians here on nairaland gives cause to grave concerns.

I got a text from a junior pastor in a church who after attending one of my lectures at a seminar believed that I belonged to the occult (whatever gave him that impression surpases my intelect); the text (albeit in really bad English) was a plea to save him from poverty and public ridicule by "showing him the way to becoming a member of my supposed "cult."
My take on this issue is simple - many folks have confused African Traditional Religion with Christianity and thus created a mix of the two, resulting in this new version of 'invest and profit' christianity which we have in our dear country today. Those who give to the church are continually "blessed" (a term which refers to material wealth judging by the posts of some believers on this page) while those who don't give remain poor or stagnant.
So, Mama Chi-Chi is a poor widow who barely affords 3 cups of rice a day but even at that, she shares that with Mama Esene, a fellow widow next door. (Correct me if I'm wrong but that is the Golden Rule).
Chi-chi is chased home from school because her fees aren't paid up yet and her mother cries to God for help. She runs to her church members to ask why God isn't answering her prayers only to be told that because she didn't sow seeds (in the church I guess), she shouldn't expect harvests. Whatever happened to the seed she sowed in Mama Esene's life? Isn't that what Jesus taught? Love thy neighbour as thyself, isn't this the greatest commandment of all?
So what we have these days is a competion by church-goers to 'sow seeds' in the pastor's life since they believe that he is the sole-conduit to God, he is the perfect investment, the best horse to back in the race for prosperity!
What happened to "love thy neighbour as thyself"? Is the pastor the only neighbour in the misdst of multitudes or is he just the best investment? What then makes this form of christianity gravely deviant from the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ? What makes it different from idol worship save the blood sacrifices and dark magick? Let us examine ourselves please. For if the Christ had intended this type of christianity, would it have lived this long for us to see?

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2012
bola4dprec: Let us value the property of jesus christ as at then and compare it to the value of property of MOG of now a days. Lesson from the great teacher Jesus told him, "If you (CAN PRESIDENT) want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. Mathew 19:21 from the glorious book

Shut up your mouth there, don't criticize any body ok, can you do what you are saying, can you sell all your property and give to the poor, then you will become poorest among the poor, who on earth doesn't like good things, lesson for every one, churches now are day is business , the Gospel is now being Merchandized, the senior pastor is the (C.E.O) Chief Enjoyment officer, even the so called gospel musicians marketing them selves not Christ, so be aware and be wise, for me oo, if i'm the senior pastor of churches like LFC..aka WC. i will not only own a private jet, i may likely own private ships, private rocket, private Central Bank , etc. before going to heaven to take my treasure .

Just think over it, if you buy Bishop Mat , Cardilac Escalade or Range Rover SUV 2013, he will never reject it, he grab it with double hands and say the blessing of the lord maketh rich and add no sorrow to it, "so don't always condemn something because you cant afford it". its hypocrisy and Nigerians are good in this, that why there is no significant progress yet.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by swoosh(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2012
If you watched CNN's MarketPlace Africa Last week, you would have seen that jet makers have identified Nigeria as the next big market- obviously considering the sheer number of rich churches/pastors and other corrupt politicians. I dont see this trend stopping anytime soon. Pastor are quick to point to the riches of Solomon and so on. Question we should be asking is- was there as much poverty in Solomon's kingdom as we have in Nigeria today??

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2012
ibedun: Tell this African Fools to open their eyes.

Poverty has really decimated our people's thinking facaulty.

You dont need the effing BIBLE. I just burnt one left in my house by my tenant.

I will burn it again and again and again and again cause i am so angry with what the Frauders "men of God" are doing to my people.

How can any sane person believe in the so called bible. Printed in here in England centuries ago?

Good you have burnt the so call bible printed in England and nobody is saying anything but God is watching you, but if yours printed in Saudi Arabia is burnt, nobody will hear word again, you and your people will start crying and carrying guns, bombs and Machete, burning innocent peoples house, protesting, killing.

Every body knows the most insane and aggressive people on earth ok, we don't need a word from you.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bola4dprec(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2012
fibofx:

Shut up your mouth there, don't criticize any body ok, can you do what you are saying, can you sell all your property and give to the poor, then you will become poorest among the poor, who on earth doesn't like good things, lesson for every one, churches now are day is business , the Gospel is now being Merchandized, the senior pastor is the (C.E.O) Chief Enjoyment officer, even the so called gospel musicians marketing them selves not Christ, so be aware and be wise, for me oo, if i'm the senior pastor of churches like LFC..aka WC. i will not only own a private jet, i may likely own private ships, private rocket, private Central Bank , etc. before going to heaven to take my treasure .

Just think over it, if you buy Bishop Mat , Cardilac Escalade or Range Rover SUV 2013, he will never reject it, he grab it with double hands and say the blessing of the lord maketh rich and add no sorrow to it, "so don't always condemn something because you cant afford it". its hypocrisy and Nigerians are good in this, that why there is no significant progress yet.
keep quite do you understand bible at all this is scripture reference not my father words,If you
want to be perfect, go and sell all
your possessions and give the
money to the poor, and you will have
treasure in heaven. Then come,
follow me. Mathew 19:21 from the
glorious book
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2012
bola4dprec: keep quite do you understand bible at all this is scripture reference not my father words,If you
want to be perfect, go and sell all
your possessions and give the
money to the poor, and you will have
treasure in heaven. Then come,
follow me. Mathew 19:21 from the
glorious book

Another Original Mumu, who is perfect here?, you that is perfect how many things have you sold to follow him.. so that you will be rich in heaven?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Eteo: 9:37am On Nov 19, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also
wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.

Christianity in its simplest definition is being Christ-like. This Christ i've read about was not cut out for a flamboyant or ostentatious lifestyle...when he had to make His triumphant entry,He didnt even have a donkey to ride on, He had to borrow a donkey to ride on...when the youngman went to him and asked wat he could do to gain eternal life n Jesús listed some things for him n he said he had been doing those all his life and d Bible records that Jesus looked at him and loved him n said go and sell all ur riches, and the young man left very sàd for he was a man of great wealth...Jesús knew the effects of wealth on the physical man and said "it is easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"...Christ of course knew who he was and said " I am a King but My kingdom is not of this world".

Some of us christians av made our kingdom of dis world.
Even the prophets of old were not into accumulutaing or acquiring wealth...and outrightly rejected gifts, an example is Prophet Elisha who outrightly rejected gifts(2Kings 5:16) from d big boy Naaman...Do we still av Prophet Elishas 2day

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bola4dprec(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2012
fibofx:

Another Original Mumu, who is perfect here?, you that is perfect how many things have you sold to follow him.. so that you will be rich in heaven?
no wonder you have respect for words of God mumu international
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by geswith: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2012
materialism is not only encouraged in the church but practiced.when we have widows,orphans and the less privileged needing support.any way most of them are secret chiefs.if you don't know what it means; then do your research

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by geswith: 9:59am On Nov 19, 2012
bola4dprec: no wonder you have respect for words of God mumu international
please don't use insultive words,be mature
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by phildon: 10:06am On Nov 19, 2012
martyns303:
Am very much willing to learn if u would educate me. I would appreciate you enlighten me if acquisation of properties are wrong, or based on religious grounds it is ethically wrong? Is "embarassing" the actual phrase that should be used?
If there is anything worse than 'embarrassing'. I call it 'wickedness' by those we (the poor) entrusted with our spiritual guidance.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by zaragoza(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2012
rareman: Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down

why wld u tell such lies?? The pope has no private jet, he leaves rome on a commercial flight and is usually brought back to rome by the host country he's visiting.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by gudugudumeje: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2012
ujchief:

this selfish attitude ad playing-God factor of church/religious authorities have bn responsible for the collapse of our institutions, infrastructural destructions, plane crashes, etc.
By the way u r thinking, pls. note that the more jets they av the more negligence they preach and the more embarassments to society they become! As well the more nuisance to truth the churches constitute as barriers to truth ad emergence of strong institutions. What a nuisance church authorities turn out to be.....? More embarassments to their to grease dr elbows, anyway.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by zaragoza(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2012
mister.hillz:
i really don't understand you people o..what do you mean by POOR MEMBERS?? there are so many members of churches that have been blessed and they give back to their church.it does not affect them in anyway.you should stop tagging all church members as POOR. if God uses someone to bless you,it's not bad if u show appreciation with a gift or something and that is exactly what church members do by giving back to their churches..una go just dey talk anyhow..
u mean give back to their pastors rather. If u want to give back to the church, there are so many ways. Atleast offering to take up the school fees of indigent members of the church is one of such ways of giving back to the church.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2012
bola4dprec: no wonder you have respect for words of God mumu international

Don't have time for you , because i can perceive your mentality, i'm an average person, i think freely tilted towards Christianity, i understand my faith and but i know money is very very good.

In The Bible, When Mary bust the expensive ointment on the feet of Jesus, one of the disciples (misers like you) wanted to stop her, but my master said to him let her alone, though with divinity but as a man, he didn't reject good things.

God almighty who is all knowing, i cant question him, allow Jesus to be born in a poor home, because he is on a mission here on earth and that is the reason he careless about being comfortable on earth, if he had allows him to be burn in the house of a king, he will not able to do some certain things, like staying in wilderness to fast and pray, let alone his rich folks will allow him to be slaughtered in the cross for any reason whatsoever, so that may be one reason why he allow Jesus to be born thru a poor parents , that doesn't mean christian should leave in poverty.

The consolation xtians have then and till now is that Jesus rose from the dead as plan, because if he didn't rose from the dead , there wouldn't be a Christianity you are talking about today.

But as an ordinary man on earth, that was why His ministry suffered so many things because of money, even with genuine signs and wonders, so many people then didn't believe him but despise his ministry because a voice of a poor man cannot be heard seriously,

You cant be a servant of God and you are poorer than the poor, no body will listen to your message, One thing i believe is, you can't be telling me God is good, God is a rich or and he owns everything yet and you have nothing (Funny), it is heresy, i cant be under the unction of such MOG.

This is why i pity some doctrine that ask their follower to do away with earthly things, even Television, yet they want to preach in satellites, to who? what a pity, in this computer age, Jeez. no doubt in my mind if Jesus Christ had come in this era he will use Black berry or ipad.

All I'm sayings is why are you condemning others, it is because you don't have the means, don't judge pastor because of flamboyant leaving, because you are not better than them, let God be the judge of all, if you are in such position, you may be worse than Lucifer, who wanted to share the same Glory with God in the beginning. Gbamm. Same to so may critics here.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bola4dprec(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2012
fibofx:

Don't have time for you , because i can perceive your mentality, i'm an average person, i think freely tilted towards Christianity, i understand my faith and but i know money is very very good.

In The Bible, When Mary bust the expensive ointment on the feet of Jesus, one of the disciples (misers like you) wanted to stop her, but my master said to him let her alone, though with divinity but as a man, he didn't reject good things.

God almighty who is all knowing, i cant question him, allow Jesus to be born in a poor home, because he is on a mission here on earth and that is the reason he careless about being comfortable on earth, if he had allows him to be burn in the house of a king, he will not able to do some certain things, like staying in wilderness to fast and pray, let alone his rich folks will allow him to be slaughtered in the cross for any reason whatsoever, so that may be one reason why he allow Jesus to be born thru a poor parents , that doesn't mean christian should leave in poverty.

The consolation xtians have then and till now is that Jesus rose from the dead as plan, because if he didn't rose from the dead , there wouldn't be a Christianity you are talking about today.

But as an ordinary man on earth, that was why His ministry suffered so many things because of money, even with genuine signs and wonders, so many people then didn't believe him but despise his ministry because a voice of a poor man cannot be heard seriously,

You cant be a servant of God and you are poorer than the poor, no body will listen to your message, One thing i believe is, you can't be telling me God is good, God is a rich or and he owns everything yet and you have nothing (Funny), it is heresy, i cant be under the unction of such MOG.

This is why i pity some doctrine that ask their follower to do away with earthly things, even Television, yet they want to preach in satellites, to who? what a pity, in this computer age, Jeez. no doubt in my mind if Jesus Christ had come in this era he will use Black berry or ipad.

All I'm sayings is why are you condemning others, it is because you don't have the means, don't judge pastor because of flamboyant leaving, because you are not better than them, let God be the judge of all, if you are in such position, you may be worse than Lucifer, who wanted to share the same Glory with God in the beginning. Gbamm. Same to so may critics here.
I never shrank back from telling you
what you needed to hear, either publicly or in your homes. You will remain average for life Baba were

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by taiworaji: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Just like sbd said, everyone is entitled to his opinion.I agree totally wt reverend Kukah. the church is suppose to be the standard wt which d society is measured.Pastor Oritsajefor shd have asked d donour(s)of the source of their wealth b4 accepting the gift.He shd have asked them to use the money to empower some jobless youths in his church and his community.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
bola4dprec:
I never shrank back from telling you
what you needed to hear, either publicly or in your homes. You will remain average for life Baba were

Don't worry.. i know your problem, don't work or do business, if you are waiting for people to sell their property to give to you (poor man) , you will remain poor for the rest of your miserable life... continue criticizing those who are rich, you will never get there.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by CELL2ME2: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down[/quote]

For your information. pope dose not have any private jet for himself as pope of catholic church or as president of vatican he only fly air italia
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bola4dprec(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
fibofx:

Don't worry.. i know your problem, don't work or do business, if you are waiting for people to sell their property to give to you (poor man) , you will remain poor for the rest of your miserable life... continue criticizing those who are rich, you will never get there.
When Jesus comes back, these crazy, greedy, capitalistic men are gonna kill him again. I'm a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Baawaa(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
I read punch news paper on Friday,where i came across the story of the world's poorest president"JOSE MUJICA"The man gives 90% of his salary to poor,shuns presidential mansion and rides 1987 Volkswagen.This man need to come to Nigeria to talk to our Political leaders,Religious leaders,Community leaders(Obas,Emirs.Igwes)this man exhibit high level of love.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by realvenc: 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:

Leave them......they are too lazy to do simple research to verify the truth.....does it even make sense to have 4 jets......its like saying I have 10 cars because I have used 10 cars since I came to Lagos......but I just own one now....

Kukah and all those who think owning private jets is embarrassing and sinful should go and buy camels....their purpose and vision in life does not require a jet.......People na wa.....even P-square dem have a jet......leased or owned.......and so Oyedepo who has built 2 universities and is planning 5 more should be lining up to buy Arik ticket with you abi....

Hypocrites also said d same when Jesus was here.........we have the poor with us.....why does this sinner waste this percious oil on your leg........

Remain poor till ur vulcanizer buys private jet.

So MOG are now on the same level with worldly celebrities and Corrupt Politicians. I have heard a lot of people including pastors saying if celebs and politicians can have jets why not them.

Then where lies their dignity and chastity as spiritual leaders and models of the society.
Without Judging anyone or there actions, the key word here is this. WHAT IS THE NEED.
You and your flamboyant MOGs can't provide a good enough reason why they should spend billions of naira in acquiring worldly possessions that is not saving any soul for Christ but rather dividing, bringing ridicle and making people lose faith in the Church.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by stave9ja(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
i thought the BIBLE said "HE WAS POOR SO THAT I CAN BE RICH"
so why cant i have jet

YOU GUYS REMIND ME OF THE 1970s when fellow BRETHREN were abused for being wordly because they bought VolksWagon Beetle instead of walking with their feet as Jesus did.

in 2012 you guys abuse pastors for having jets then by 2040 your kids will see jets as a normal item and by then you and your kids will be abusing pastors for having space ships or what ever....pls guys get a life. poverty is really disturbing you know....it distorts ones view.
For a poor man, if a fellow man leaves coke in his bottle and stands up, he is wasting money....

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by maa7koh(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
1st tinz 1st I 4 lyk ask Pastor M Kukah n his sopotaz sm kwestnz. 1,wen pastor Kukah travels does he go 1st class or ekonomy,2 if 4 as long as he has been a blivyn man of God,n he had his own ministry like dis men of God hu r a so called "mbarasmnt" would he not also b amongst does hu r ownin private jets,3 is it not in his own bible dat my Lord n Saviour Jesus Christ tho being xcdynly kam 2 dis world in abject poverty so we could b rich aboundntly 2 His honor n glory.Abi im neva diskova im inheritance in Christ.Abi una no dey read una bible,make una try go read am make una c say all d way 4rm Adam down 2 Apostle Paul say non of dem been b paupaz,Abi if Papa Abraham wer of 2daz tymz im no go own private jet,Abi na Apostle Paul wit im worldwide ministry no 4 own private jet.My advice 2 all unblavaz n social I dey go schourh hearaz n not doaz of d word,giv ur lyvz 2Christ,lyv d lyf styl 4 Xtianity is a lydstyl n not a religion.Den c d miraculous happen in ur lyvs n watch ur lyvz go 4rm glory 2 glory n if u get 2 d level wer u nyd ur own private jet na u go dey gi d tstmony wen dat tym reech in Jesus Myt Name.make una try rememba say dis men sought 1st d kngdom of Jehovah n avre oda tin has byn aded un2 demm n d same is applicable 2 avre blevah 4 we all ave byn gyvin d same measure of faith. I remain maa7koh Rahdkall 4 kahryeest,end tym warriour in Jesus Myt Name Ahmen.2 God b d Glory 4rm now till His kngdom b established d eternity.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by maa7koh(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
maa7koh: 1st tinz 1st I 4 lyk ask Pastor M Kukah n his sopotaz sm kwestnz. 1,wen pastor Kukah travels does he go 1st class or ekonomy,2 if 4 as long as he has been a blivyn man of God,n he had his own ministry like dis men of God hu r a so called "mbarasmnt" would he not also b amongst does hu r ownin private jets,3 is it not in his own bible dat my Lord n Saviour Jesus Christ tho being xcdynly kam 2 dis world in abject poverty so we could b rich aboundntly 2 His honor n glory.Abi im neva diskova im inheritance in Christ.Abi una no dey read una bible,make una try go read am make una c say all d way 4rm Adam down 2 Apostle Paul say non of dem been b paupaz,Abi if Papa Abraham wer of 2daz tymz im no go own private jet,Abi na Apostle Paul wit im worldwide ministry no 4 own private jet.My advice 2 all unblavaz n social I dey go schourh hearaz n not doaz of d word,giv ur lyvz 2Christ,lyv d lyf styl 4 Xtianity is a lydstyl n not a religion.Den c d miraculous happen in ur lyvs n watch ur lyvz go 4rm glory 2 glory n if u get 2 d level wer u nyd ur own private jet na u go dey gi d tstmony wen dat tym reech in Jesus Myt Name.make una try rememba say dis men sought 1st d kngdom of Jehovah n avre oda tin has byn aded un2 demm n d same is applicable 2 avre blevah 4 we all ave byn gyvin d same measure of faith. I remain maa7koh Rahdkall 4 kahryeest,end tym warriour in Jesus Myt Name Ahmen.2 God b d Glory 4rm now till His kngdom b established d eternity.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by dad10: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / Is Wet Dream really A Sin? / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.