Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare (14710 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
This is a pointer to d fact dat d smoke of satan has crept into d church. CAN is nw a rep of satan. May god judge all of dem. Am nt a xtian ooo, am only a believer. Cos there is no true xtian, na satan in disguise xtians we get jawe
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by jude33084(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believes nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any pilitical stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant.

[size=15pt]DISGRACE![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by MadCow1: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
CAN.. Christian Association of Nefarious-Nigerians
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by jude33084(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believes nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any pilitical stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant.

[size=15pt]DISGRACE![/size]
sad
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by strangest(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2012
It is the work of the pastors to take care of the congregation and make sure that no one lacks, there should be a distribution of wealth and education within the congregation and that is the reason why it is referred to as the family of the Lord but when some of the congregation couldnt afford three square meals and the pastor drives the best fleet of cars or even owns a private jet.... then something is wrong and need to be addressed.... Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, was he not the one that declared that Pastor Joshua is not of God. Pastor Oritsejafor was also quoted as having demanded to know who Prophet TB Joshua’s mentor is.... well, may God be with him...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by deletrue: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2012
Could it be that the end time is here? When things continue to move against the tide, when man do those things that are abnormal in the eye of the few conscoius people and God, then know it that the end times are here says the Bible. Just look at the Bakares, CAN chairman, leaders of various churches etc., they continue to increase the uncomfortability of many of us. They move in same line with pdp, cpc, ancp etc. Their doings to some extent, may want to make man disbelieve the power of the almighty! I still strongly believe that God's time is the best.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Double194(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2012
Now I see the reason why people like Pastor W.F Kumuyi refused to join these fuuls under the umbrella of CAN.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by tomakint: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2012
stine b:

You better accept Jesús christ or you will be doomed for eternity.
I was about to offer the same advise too, thanks for beating me to it!

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by stineb1: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2012
SURY Suri: Proud to be a Muslim any day any time. Gbam.

You urgently need to be saved!
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by jude33084(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2012
strangest: It is the work of the pastors to take care of the congregation and make sure that no one lacks, there should be a distribution of wealth and education within the congregation and that is the reason why it is referred to as the family of the Lord but when some of the congregation couldnt afford three square meals and the pastor drives the best fleet of cars or even owns a private jet.... then something is wrong and need to be addressed.... Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, was he not the one that declared that Pastor Joshua is not of God. Pastor Oritsejafor was also quoted as having demanded to know who Prophet TB Joshua’s mentor is.... well, may God be with him...

...aŋԂ sadly enough most christians sees nothing wrong with τhis act. undecided

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by tpapi: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2012
SlyIg:
Did you mean to say,'proud to be a poor aboki boko haram?'. SMH.
must u insult him,r u not proud of ur own religion

3 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Fostercat(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

I respect Pst Tunde Bakare so much, infact I campaigned for and voted for him in the last election even though I know he sometimes speaks b4 editing. He is still anointed and he is a prophet but he should not join the camp of the accuser of the brethren. Kukahs own is understandable becos the leadership of CAN has left the erstwhile cold catholic approach to become a voice of its own

Pls can u ansa d these questions?
*wat do dey need d jet for?
*how Many tiMes wud dey fly on it in a year?
*those dat contributed,wat der source of income?
*how much is paid to a private pilot?
*how much is paid for d hangerm(parking lot).these monies will do a lot in d lives of members

If can't ansa dese.den relax.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by vanstanzy(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2012
CAN is a disgrace. See what u get when u hand over leadership to kids"mushroom church pastors".
Whats the moral behind buying a private jet. The church is fast loosing its morals, and unfortunately its starting with the pastors.
CAN means Oritsejafor did well, instead of admonishing him and others.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by onyeego(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
As long as CAN continue to speak against the killing of Christians in Nigeria and fight to guarantee Christians worship their God freely,go to church and not return in bodybags or in pieces; all other things is not of importance.

We all know that the life of the present CAN president is in danger cos am yet to see any press release or media chat where boko haram do not say how bitter they are with the president or his office.
If a private jet will give him more security; why not?

Before this Man came to CAN, Christians are targeted and killed daily, nobody talks about it or condemns it.The best they do is to set up an inter-religion committee where the sultan and the president of CAN will be co-chairmen,they will drink coffee,shake hands and hug themselves while Christians are hacked down daily.

This Pentecostal pastor has told Christians to protect themselves; yes, Pentecostals are radicals

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2012
Pastors indeed cry

See old men washing their dirty boxers and singlets in public. Shameless men. Tufiakwa.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by ypzilanti: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2012
Oh my, oh my.

CAN used to be a respected voice. Now, just like so many other things in Nigeria, the decline has began.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by ypzilanti: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2012
Next thing you know, there will be CAN factions going to court like APGA. grin

But seriously, CAN has lost its non-partisan voice with the partisan statements and posturing, as well as private jet buying spree.

Say whatever you want, nobody needs a private jet. It is purchased for ego purposes. No be me talk am: Na Warren Buffet talk am. How many Nigerian Pastors are busier than Warren Buffet or Ingvar Kamprad, billionaires that fly commercial always. How many have more prestige than David Cameron, the queen of England, or the Pope?

Vanity upon vanity in a land where 70 percent live on less than $2 a day.

4 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by luluosas(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2012
As a Redeemer, 'our Daddy G.O. Pastor Adeboye' said that he will build the 'biggest' Airport in Nigeria. So, it seems we have not seen anything yet in the acquisition of private jets by 'our so called pastors'.
But, come to think of it! Pastors who are now private jets owners are no longer termed 'ordinary' people, so, how can the common members of their various churches now have access to them with their retinue of security guards attached to them minute-by-minute? Is their primary reason of being pastors not defeated already? I am just curious here!

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by alajor(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2012
What is CAN? I thought issa hayatou was d head of CAN.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Lenny5000(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2012
kachy: Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has condemned comments credited to the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah and Pastor Tunde Bakare, who claimed that acquisition of private jets by religious leaders diminishes moral voices of the church in the war against corruption and are therefore calling for a revolution in the Church of God.

Speaking in a telephone interview, National Director of Research, Planning and Strategy, Elder Sunday Oibe, urged the Catholic bishop and the former vice presidential candidate of CPC, that if they have anything against the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, they should come out and say so, and not hide under the cloak of the gift of a jet to attack the CAN president.

Oibe, who doubles as the Public Relations Officer of Northern CAN, said he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

He said: “If there is any clergyman in the country whose constituency is government, it is Bishop Kukah, who served every government in power in the last decade.

“He thinks people have forgotten in a hurry how he served in Obasanjo’s government and turned round to attack the former president, or his fraternity with the former Governor James Ibori and his Rivers State counterpart, Peter Odili.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/private-jets-can-slams-kukah-bakare/

Please tell this man to SHUT UP! Must you respond to everything? Especially when you are trying to defend something that you truly cant defend... These people are just bringing shame to the name of Christ and they just dont care because they have no shame themselves

3 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by fuke(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2012
kachy: Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has condemned comments credited to the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah and Pastor Tunde Bakare, who claimed that acquisition of private jets by religious leaders diminishes moral voices of the church in the war against corruption and are therefore calling for a revolution in the Church of God.

Speaking in a telephone interview, National Director of Research, Planning and Strategy, Elder Sunday Oibe, urged the Catholic bishop and the former vice presidential candidate of CPC, that if they have anything against the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, they should come out and say so, and not hide under the cloak of the gift of a jet to attack the CAN president.

Oibe, who doubles as the Public Relations Officer of Northern CAN, said he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

He said: “If there is any clergyman in the country whose constituency is government, it is Bishop Kukah, who served every government in power in the last decade.

“He thinks people have forgotten in a hurry how he served in Obasanjo’s government and turned round to attack the former president, or his fraternity with the former Governor James Ibori and his Rivers State counterpart, Peter Odili.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/private-jets-can-slams-kukah-bakare/

Thieves all.

Defrauding in the name of Jesus.

judgement awaits them all.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Matt.23:13 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by GARRIx7(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2012
alajor: What is CAN? I thought issa hayatou was d head of CAN.
You meant to say CAF.....

@Topic: CAN has been seriously compromised.

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by addey(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

I respect Pst Tunde Bakare so much, infact I campaigned for and voted for him in the last election even though I know he sometimes speaks b4 editing. He is still anointed and he is a prophet but he should not join the camp of the accuser of the brethren. Kukahs own is understandable becos the leadership of CAN has left the erstwhile cold catholic approach to become a voice of its own

You a canal Man and not lead by the spirit of GOD.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2012
what do u expect of CAN,they have lost the glory and favour of God a long time ago,all they can do now is grow fat and become food for maggots
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by alajor(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

You meant to say CAF.....

@Topic: CAN has been seriously compromised.
. CAN....CUP OF AFRICAN NATIONS...one is coming up in january
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mko2005: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2012

Some times i regret ever coming to this site becos of the infiltration of negative minds here.But for some people like you who also talk reasonably,i thank God having to be part of NL. You have spoken well.I pray God help me to reason like people just as you.
We fail to understand that men of God generally(POPES,BISHOPS,FATHERS,PASTORS AND REVERENDS) shouldn't be worshiped or seen as the voice of God.Rather we should consider the word of God first as the voice of God.Any act or word from men that contradicts the holly bible,isn't of God. No matter the level of earthly wisdom u think you have,it profits nothing !
THE RESPONSE FROM CAN does not sound like a BELIEVERS response to me.You dnt trade blames in things like this.If you do not know what to say to defend yourself using the word of God,u keep SILENT.
But my stand still remains that the devil is happy that things are turning out this way.But if you allow the devil to deceive you by making you see that bein a christian does not worth it,then u are DOOMED for life.It's a trick of the devil to send people to HELL ! If the pastors are fake,it concerns them cos i am not fake myself.All i should do is pray for them.Go through your bible to help you discern the true gathering of believers and the true men of God so you will know where to go for fellowship with other true believers.
Now my own stand on the Private jet issue is :
I don't think owning a private jet and still love your God with all ur soul,body and spirit is a sin !
But i do think that owning a private jet may DISTORT your love for God !
But becos i'm not them,and i dnt know their relationship with God,neither am i God who knows everything,i will not judge them here cos am yet to see a contradiction with the word of God.
But i know we will be saying they should live modestly which is good. But i also know they can be the richest in the whole of the east and still be a friend of God.
Anything that will make your love for God to wax cold,pls run away from it.
My opinion though !

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by vanstanzy(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2012
sadeiyare: Matt.23:13 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

For whom is this Bible quote for? CAN and co, right?
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by samphem(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2012
One thing i know is dat jesus christ leave his life as an example for we so called xtain.i am urging our leaders to live d ways christ leave.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by oses4u(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=Techwriter]There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

Its very painful to hear a christian response like yours. So wat u mean is the catholics were not capable enough and its better in the hands of 'self made' Pastors. Pls learn not to be sentimental in issues like this. These so called Pastors have brought shame to CAN and the pentencostals. All they aspire is riches, power above their members, using body guide becos of stolen tithes in their possession, members seeing them as their God, replacing Christ Photo with theirs. WHAT A SHAME
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2012
http://www.gospelrevivaloutreach.com/prosperity-preachers---the-false-health-and-wealth-gospel.html

Our Properity pastors can be said to be Greed machines,
who prey on the most ignorant and desperate people in our society.
Rarely if ever teaching how to obtain eternal riches, through faith in Jesus Christ, rarely if ever calling an unregenerate person what he is, a sinner, rarely if ever mentioning hell.

It's all about physical health and worldly wealth, in which the true word of God speaks of as a worthless, waste of time. "Send Me Money", "Plant A Seed", "watch your riches grow!" Lies from the money hungry mouths of those who only want to build personal wealth for themselves and use the precious word of God, a distorted version none the less, to propagate their business.

Of course anyone who is spiritually led, knows that God's word teaches nothing of their fantasy of name it, claim it and send me some dollars. God's word speaks of the false teachers in Titus 1:11
whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Filthy Lucre being defined as money, worldly goods. The requirement for a pastor is that he is not in love with money
Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Scammers using the Gospel for a means of gain. The money hungry "teachers" are already disqualified from even being a pastor.

Million dollar homes, the finest cars and all the best this world has to offer. All at the expense of the true Gospel. Those scammed are as guilty as these scammers.

For if those who are being scammed knew their bible, which is the individual responsibility of everyone, they would be able to discern these spirits as being not of God.

But instead the scammed keep sending the scammers more and more filthy lucre, until now it is a multi-million dollar business. The doctrines of these false teachers are designed to stimulate people with enthusiasm.

The more emotion, the more dollars. Make 'em feel good, tell 'em how great they are and how all they need to do is learn the "secrets" of God's prosperity. The only problem is their secret is sending them more cash, "sowing more seeds", the money kind that is. Twisting scriptures, although they rarely open a bible. What they teach has nothing to do with God's word or God's teachings and is more on the line of witchcraft and spells.

First we'll take a look at the Old Testament under the Mosaic Law.

Remember, the Old Testament gives us the mind and will of God. Deut. 17:16-17

God says "But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. "

Now the mind of God is very clear here as God commands the Israelites not to multiply up for themselves horses, being the main worldly trade in that day, and also not to multiply up for themselves "silver and gold". God's servant must carefully avoid every thing that would turn him from God and his service to God. Riches, honor and pleasures, are three great hinderances of godliness, (the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eye, and the pride of life).

This of course was Solomon's downfall. Solomon exploited the gift of wisdom that he had received from God and used the gift for financial gain. God did not approve of Solomon's wealth, but allowed his gains as a source of instruction for those of us in the future who would study the life of Solomon, who in the end, declared all to be Vanity of vanities all is vanity. Solomon was no doubt the wealthiest man who ever lived. In fact his wealth has been calculated at today's economic measurements and he would measure up today as a multi-billionaire. But in the book of Ecclesiastes, which is a memoir of Solomon's life, he declares of all his riches, Vanity of vanities all is vanity, meaning it was all a vain and meaningless waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by vanstanzy(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Some times i regret ever coming to this site becos of the infiltration of negative minds here.But for some people like you who also talk reasonably,i thank God having to be part of NL. You have spoken well.I pray God help me to reason like people just as you.
We fail to understand that men of God generally(POPES,BISHOPS,FATHERS,PASTORS AND REVERENDS) shouldn't be worshiped or seen as the voice of God.Rather we should consider the word of God first as the voice of God.Any act or word from men that contradicts the holly bible,isn't of God. No matter the level of earthly wisdom u think you have,it profits nothing !
THE RESPONSE FROM CAN does not sound like a BELIEVERS response to me.You dnt trade blames in things like this.If you do not know what to say to defend yourself using the word of God,u keep SILENT.
But my stand still remains that the devil is happy that things are turning out this way.But if you allow the devil to deceive you by making you see that bein a christian does not worth it,then u are DOOMED for life.It's a trick of the devil to send people to HELL ! If the pastors are fake,it concerns them cos i am not fake myself.All i should do is pray for them.Go through your bible to help you discern the true gathering of believers and the true men of God so you will know where to go for fellowship with other true believers.
Now my own stand on the Private jet issue is :
I don't think owning a private jet and still love your God with all ur soul,body and spirit is a sin !
But i do think that owning a private jet may DISTORT your love for God !
But becos i'm not them,and i dnt know their relationship with God,neither am i God who knows everything,i will not judge them here cos am yet to see a contradiction with the word of God.
But i know we will be saying they should live modestly which is good. But i also know they can be the richest in the whole of the east and still be a friend of God.
Anything that will make your love for God to wax cold,pls run away from it.
My opinion though !

U have spoken well. 65 likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private Christian Universities: Faith In Deception? / Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! / Full Text Of President Buhari’s Eid-el-Fitr Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.