Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare (14723 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by nagoma(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2012
cyril83: u have just mentioned d worst religion on earth...there is a big difference btw fraud and killings

One takes your life and the life of your family gently the other takes it fast and violently. I dont believe the two religions have these as their basic tenants. stereotyping is not good, but back to the this thread, CAN is really rotten under PDP Oristejefor.

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Dee60: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2012
While I am in no position to defend any pastor that is acquiring a jet, I feel that there is a wrong notion in the public that church people are always poor and must always be poor. Some years ago, a pastor of a church acquired a brand new Toyota car here in Lagos and some people thought the man had missed it. But how many Toyota cars do you have in churches today?

Unknown to many, aircraft will someday be revolutionized very soon and people will not have to pack themselves like sardines in economy class because you may just be able to acquire a craft for yourself that you can fly yourself to anywhere you want. Its already happening if you watch documentaries and follow innovation.

At any rate, I think it is backward thinking to assume church people are poor and must remain poor.

I hope that some pastors are not taking this issue of attacking fellow pastors to a very unhealthy level!

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Omen100(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2012
deletrue: Could it be that the end time is here? When things continue to move against the tide, when man do those things that are abnormal in the eye of the few conscoius people and God, then know it that the end times are here says the Bible. Just look at the Bakares, CAN chairman, leaders of various churches etc., they continue to increase the uncomfortability of many of us. They move in same line with pdp, cpc, ancp etc. Their doings to some extent, may want to make man disbelieve the power of the almighty! I still strongly believe that God's time is the best.

It was based on the bolded issue of concern that has made president. Jonathan Ebele Goodluck to set up a committee that will look into the issue of "if really the world is going to come to end” & to those tithe thefting collecting pastors & their followers in their various churches & nairaland,
God is seriously watching u
infact devil self dey watch u on Ipad.
na God go judge u
Then satan go punish u..
angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by vanstanzy(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2012
All this thing na arrangee, who no know. The FG buys private jet for Oritsejafor to silence him to the Boko Haram carnage and to try to infiltrate CAN. Oritsejafor only fronted some of her church members as the donour of the private jet with GEJ at the venue and looking on.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2012
kenny wrote:
The greatest of men is the one who is the servant of all; a man who lives his life fø® others; a man who has no wealth of his own but shares it with the poor & d needy; a man who lives as if he has none & could go as far as sharing his last penny with those in need. "...Verily I say unto you it will be easier fø® a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt 19:16-24

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by stagger: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2012
Imagine Hassan Kukah wey dey collect brown envelope from government for years making noise. Why can't he tell the government people that are always giving him money to buy him aricraft?
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by MadCow1: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2012

As long as there are men like this in existence, Pastors will continue to live like kings..

4 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mko2005: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: http://www.gospelrevivaloutreach.com/prosperity-preachers---the-false-health-and-wealth-gospel.html

Our Properity pastors can be said to be Greed machines,
who prey on the most ignorant and desperate people in our society.
Rarely if ever teaching how to obtain eternal riches, through faith in Jesus Christ, rarely if ever calling an unregenerate person what he is, a sinner, rarely if ever mentioning hell.

It's all about physical health and worldly wealth, in which the true word of God speaks of as a worthless, waste of time. "Send Me Money", "Plant A Seed", "watch your riches grow!" Lies from the money hungry mouths of those who only want to build personal wealth for themselves and use the precious word of God, a distorted version none the less, to propagate their business.

Of course anyone who is spiritually led, knows that God's word teaches nothing of their fantasy of name it, claim it and send me some dollars. God's word speaks of the false teachers in Titus 1:11
whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Filthy Lucre being defined as money, worldly goods. The requirement for a pastor is that he is not in love with money
Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Scammers using the Gospel for a means of gain. The money hungry "teachers" are already disqualified from even being a pastor.

Million dollar homes, the finest cars and all the best this world has to offer. All at the expense of the true Gospel. Those scammed are as guilty as these scammers.

For if those who are being scammed knew their bible, which is the individual responsibility of everyone, they would be able to discern these spirits as being not of God.

But instead the scammed keep sending the scammers more and more filthy lucre, until now it is a multi-million dollar business. The doctrines of these false teachers are designed to stimulate people with enthusiasm.

The more emotion, the more dollars. Make 'em feel good, tell 'em how great they are and how all they need to do is learn the "secrets" of God's prosperity. The only problem is their secret is sending them more cash, "sowing more seeds", the money kind that is. Twisting scriptures, although they rarely open a bible. What they teach has nothing to do with God's word or God's teachings and is more on the line of witchcraft and spells.

First we'll take a look at the Old Testament under the Mosaic Law.

Remember, the Old Testament gives us the mind and will of God. Deut. 17:16-17

God says "But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. "

Now the mind of God is very clear here as God commands the Israelites not to multiply up for themselves horses, being the main worldly trade in that day, and also not to multiply up for themselves "silver and gold". God's servant must carefully avoid every thing that would turn him from God and his service to God. Riches, honor and pleasures, are three great hinderances of godliness, (the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eye, and the pride of life).
Solomon's down fall was disobedience.He left the almighty God for smaller gods.Remember solomon asked for wisdom and God said i will not only give you wisdom but also riches(wealth)So God's wealth can't be vanity but wealth without Jesus is vanity upon vanity !

This of course was Solomon's downfall. Solomon exploited the gift of wisdom that he had received from God and used the gift for financial gain. God did not approved of Solomon's wealth, but allowed his gains as a source of instruction for those of us in the future who would study the life of Solomon, who in the end, declared all to be Vanity of vanities all is vanity. Solomon was no doubt the wealthiest man who ever lived. In fact his wealth has been calculated at today's economic measurements and he would measure up today as a multi-billionaire. But in the book of Ecclesiastes, which is a memoir of Solomon's life, he declares of all his riches, Vanity of vanities all is vanity, meaning it was all a vain and meaningless waste of time.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2012
Face the issue, no... The usual mudslinging, u corrupt pass me, na lie u corrupt pass me...

They say God's watching... They say God will judge them.. Maybe God resides in the people.. Maybe God is the people...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by oses4u(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

I respect Pst Tunde Bakare so much, infact I campaigned for and voted for him in the last election even though I know he sometimes speaks b4 editing. He is still anointed and he is a prophet but he should not join the camp of the accuser of the brethren. Kukahs own is understandable becos the leadership of CAN has left the erstwhile cold catholic approach to become a voice of its own

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mko2005: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: http://www.gospelrevivaloutreach.com/prosperity-preachers---the-false-health-and-wealth-gospel.html

Our Properity pastors can be said to be Greed machines,
who prey on the most ignorant and desperate people in our society.
Rarely if ever teaching how to obtain eternal riches, through faith in Jesus Christ, rarely if ever calling an unregenerate person what he is, a sinner, rarely if ever mentioning hell.

It's all about physical health and worldly wealth, in which the true word of God speaks of as a worthless, waste of time. "Send Me Money", "Plant A Seed", "watch your riches grow!" Lies from the money hungry mouths of those who only want to build personal wealth for themselves and use the precious word of God, a distorted version none the less, to propagate their business.

Of course anyone who is spiritually led, knows that God's word teaches nothing of their fantasy of name it, claim it and send me some dollars. God's word speaks of the false teachers in Titus 1:11
whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Filthy Lucre being defined as money, worldly goods. The requirement for a pastor is that he is not in love with money
Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Scammers using the Gospel for a means of gain. The money hungry "teachers" are already disqualified from even being a pastor.

Million dollar homes, the finest cars and all the best this world has to offer. All at the expense of the true Gospel. Those scammed are as guilty as these scammers.

For if those who are being scammed knew their bible, which is the individual responsibility of everyone, they would be able to discern these spirits as being not of God.

But instead the scammed keep sending the scammers more and more filthy lucre, until now it is a multi-million dollar business. The doctrines of these false teachers are designed to stimulate people with enthusiasm.

The more emotion, the more dollars. Make 'em feel good, tell 'em how great they are and how all they need to do is learn the "secrets" of God's prosperity. The only problem is their secret is sending them more cash, "sowing more seeds", the money kind that is. Twisting scriptures, although they rarely open a bible. What they teach has nothing to do with God's word or God's teachings and is more on the line of witchcraft and spells.

First we'll take a look at the Old Testament under the Mosaic Law.

Remember, the Old Testament gives us the mind and will of God. Deut. 17:16-17

God says "But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. "

Now the mind of God is very clear here as God commands the Israelites not to multiply up for themselves horses, being the main worldly trade in that day, and also not to multiply up for themselves "silver and gold". God's servant must carefully avoid every thing that would turn him from God and his service to God. Riches, honor and pleasures, are three great hinderances of godliness, (the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eye, and the pride of life).

This of course was Solomon's downfall. Solomon exploited the gift of wisdom that he had received from God and used the gift for financial gain. God did not approved of Solomon's wealth, but allowed his gains as a source of instruction for those of us in the future who would study the life of Solomon, who in the end, declared all to be Vanity of vanities all is vanity. Solomon was no doubt the wealthiest man who ever lived. In fact his wealth has been calculated at today's economic measurements and he would measure up today as a multi-billionaire. But in the book of Ecclesiastes, which is a memoir of Solomon's life, he declares of all his riches, Vanity of vanities all is vanity, meaning it was all a vain and meaningless waste of time.
Solomons's down fall wasn't his riches. His down fall was riches WITHOUT GOD ! Remember he asked for wisdom but God said HE will add riches,wealth and honour.'' therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have.'' You see ! Solomon left the Almighty God for smaller gods thereby loosing his good relationship with god.This was exactly wen he declared all that he has as vanity cos he lost the most important -God.
And i repeat,if God continue to bless the genuine men of God of our time,and on the long run they deviated from the WORD to doing their own thing,they will end up like solomon !
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by odehaj: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2012
onye ego: As long as CAN continue to speak against the killing of Christians in Nigeria and fight to guarantee Christians worship their God freely,go to church and not return in bodybags or in pieces; all other things is not of importance.

We all know that the life of the present CAN president is in danger cos am yet to see any press release or media chat where boko haram do not say how bitter they are with the president or his office.
If a private jet will give him more security; why not?

Before this Man came to CAN, Christians are targeted and killed daily, nobody talks about it or condemns it.The best they do is to set up an inter-religion committee where the sultan and the president of CAN will be co-chairmen,they will drink coffee,shake hands and hug themselves while Christians are hacked down daily.

This Pentecostal pastor has told Christians to protect themselves; yes, Pentecostals are radicals
A trillion likes! There can't be a truer statement than this. "No one in the world can change truth,what we can and should do is seek it,and if found serve it"~Maximillian Kolbe.speak against devils(islam,pagan,atheist)you are in trouble with them.But d BIG God is behind xtians in Nigeria. Can anyone talk,criticise,insult that sultan when the Muslims are in power,even when their not in power??
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by aurenflani: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2012
cyril83: u have just mentioned d worst religion on earth...there is a big difference btw fraud and killings

Go tell that to innocent Iraqi families, afghan families, Vietnamese, Pakistani villagers. You sons and daughters of mossolani and Hitler.

Oh, I almost forget d innocents being butchered in d US and other western European nations by fanatical Jewish man worshippers called Christians. If any religion has blood in it's hands, it is only a second or third places minions in human slaughters, for their grandfather is Christianity. The difference is that Christians hate d truth and do not fear God when it comes to immorality and lying.

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by odehaj: 10:18am On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

As long as there are men like this in existence, Pastors will continue to live like kings..
Stop work and go and be pastor nah!since you think its bizness!
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by chux76(m): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2012
highlandre: This CAN, I'm sure does not represent the interest of true Nigerian christians. They are a bunch of church leaders whose interest supercedes those of their teeming followers.

I'm a christian and don't think this Association represents me a bit. Or, what is CAN doing to ensure that the astronomical fees charged by most of these church-owned Varsities is reduced to make average christians have access to tertiary education?

Any christian who thinks this current CAN represents his chequered interest should go back to bed and sleep once more. Iranu!

Need I say more? NO!! You have just said it all. We are being bled in the name of Xtianity and we Xtians are ever so blind. Imagine the GRANDIOSE in the Xtian world..amongst the Xtian leaders(Pastors,Prophets,Reverends)...and we think nothing is wrong?? SMH
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by chrisosi: 10:24am On Nov 20, 2012
4.2b Naira would have been used conveniently to build a standard hospital that will save millions of lives on daily basics. millions of people are there in our hospitals seeking for less than 5M to go for Heart or kidney operation but they die on daily basis for lack of money, thousands of the so-called churches members cant even afford 3 square meal daily.... how many do you wish to know. By their fruits we shall know them
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by nappyboy560(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2012
Wat da hell....wat a shame....by possessing a private jet does dat mean he evangelizes morethan evrybdy....I bliv in d olden days d most xpensive means of transpoortation was a chariot,cart or horse...bt even dat Jesus Christ nva used any of dese..he only rode a donkey or ass whch was during d truimphant entry...he nva possess dat donkey he jst borrowed it..nw can a servant outshine his masterwhether dy lyk it or not possessing a priv8 jet is nt jst wrong.is absolutely wrong....
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by MadCow1: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2012
odehaj: Stop work and go and be pastor nah!since you think its bizness!

Will you quit your job (if you have one) to go become an Armed robber or a fraudster?!

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by tchaik(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2012
koastar: kenny wrote:
The greatest of men is the one who is the servant of all; a man who lives his life fø® others; a man who has no wealth of his own but shares it with the poor & d needy; a man who lives as if he has none & could go as far as sharing his last penny with those in need. "...Verily I say unto you it will be easier fø® a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt 19:16-24

AND THIS

nappyboy560: Wat da hell....wat a shame....by possessing a private jet does dat mean he evangelizes morethan evrybdy....I bliv in d olden days d most xpensive means of transpoortation was a chariot,cart or horse...bt even dat Jesus Christ nva used any of dese..he only rode a donkey or ass whch was during d truimphant entry...he nva possess dat donkey he jst borrowed it.. nw can a servant outshine his masterwhether dy lyk it or not possessing a priv8 jet is nt jst wrong.is absolutely wrong....

BLESS YOU TWO!
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by truborn9ja: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2012
stine b:

You better accept Jesús christ or you will be doomed for eternity.
bullshit, wetin u know about Jesus christ?
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Originalsly: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2012
What's new? ....when you don't like the message you attack the messenger.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 20, 2012
I now understand why El Rufai said 'CAN is a branch of PDP' *Smh*
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

This is the funniest post I've read today....

Chei mad cow,you dey really mad.....lmao...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Hardfact: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2012
lat4real: Proud to be a muslim. grin

. . .but it aint that safe there either undecided
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by deebrain(m): 11:35am On Nov 20, 2012
highlandre: This CAN, I'm sure does not represent the interest of true Nigerian christians. They are a bunch of church leaders whose interest supercedes those of their teeming followers.

I'm a christian and don't think this Association represents me a bit. Or, what is CAN doing to ensure that the astronomical fees charged by most of these church-owned Varsities is reduced to make average christians have access to tertiary education?

Any christian who thinks this current CAN represents his chequered interest should go back to bed and sleep once more. Iranu!

God bless u for this comment.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Hardfact: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2012
Pastor Bakare has the right to voice out his mind of the issue, but that doesnt mean that a pastor receiving a jet as a gift is in itself a sin - some things may be difficult to judge on the surface. It's a fact these pastors are mere mortals like us, and it's no surprise if they fail. Again that doesnt change anything about principles of the bible or christianity.
By the way, if we say CAN is PDP, can we as well say CPC is muslim?

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by redsun(m): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2012
GEJ is using dogs like orisejafor like ibb used the media in his propangada quest to add credibility to his cinicism.And part of the 12billion dollars oil widfall he stole was spent in shaping up some of today's mainsteam medias in nigeria.

Gej is wasting our money at will,showering those that declares their loyalties to him,which includes militants,terrorists,senators,paedophiles and of course rogue clegies like ayo.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
Omen100:

It was based on the bolded issue of concern that has made president. Jonathan Ebele Goodluck to set up a committee that will look into the issue of "if really the world is going to come to end” & to those tithe thefting collecting pastors & their followers in their various churches & nairaland,

LOL
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
birds of the same feather, they say, flocks together.....all of them sef no different from themselves....God will have a swell time judging the so-called Men of God
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by AMEBO2BUSY: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem: CAN is fast going to the dogs. Am ashamed cry cry
CAN shd cover their faces in shame,imagine their defence bishop KUKAH is preachin moral here n they are dragging issues into politics KUKAH have never compromise
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mmmustapha(m): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
have u taken your medicine
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by odehaj: 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

Will you quit your job (if you have one) to go become an Armed robber or a fraudster?!

You call God's work fraudster?? Your miserable work can NEVER be compared to working for God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religious Groups, Leaders To Buhari: Nigerians Are Hungry / I Need Deliverance From Powers From Fathers' House- Help Me Please / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.