Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare (14714 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mutiply: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
dramenda: TO ME THEY DONT NEED PRIVATE JET TO REACH THE AREA THAT REALLY NEEDS THE GOSPEL,ALL THEY NEED IS TO TREK OR TAKE A BIKE TO THE REMOTE PART IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA IN GENERAL TO PREACH THE WORD,I DONT BUY THIS THEIR IDEAL OF TAKING THE RELIGION BACK TO THE PEOPLE THAT BRINGS IT TO US IN THE FIRST PLACE.
tanks for these wonderful words of urs
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mko2005: 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
nappyboy560: Wat da hell....wat a shame....by possessing a private jet does dat mean he evangelizes morethan evrybdy....I bliv in d olden days d most xpensive means of transpoortation was a chariot,cart or horse...bt even dat Jesus Christ nva used any of dese..he only rode a donkey or ass whch was during d truimphant entry...he nva possess dat donkey he jst borrowed it..nw can a servant outshine his masterwhether dy lyk it or not possessing a priv8 jet is nt jst wrong.is absolutely wrong....
Not supporting what is going on and neither am i against it either cos am yet to see what's wrong with owning a private jet and still remain in God's good book !
Regarding whether a servant can outshine his master,Jesus said that anyone who believes in HIM, will DO exceedingly greater things than HE did ! ''I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father''John 14:12
The question i want to ask is:
Does earthly riches belong to God?
If yes,can HE(GOD)give it to some people ?
If yes,who are entitled to this wealth ?
Men of God,Christian or muslim congregation,pagans,idol worshipers or to all alike.
Or may be all should have it BUT the men of God !
Let's concentrate on our own relationship with God or better change church if we find our men of God loosing it and can not pray for them.
Let's not judge them with abuses and curses !
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by fidelix: 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
How i wish christianity can be re-invent. . . This is not what jesus died 4
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

As long as there are men like this in existence, Pastors will continue to live like kings..
lol which church be this
?the man na total buffon
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

Will you quit your job (if you have one) to go become an Armed robber or a fraudster?!

geez where do u get these unbalanced people,if u note the pastor never makes a fool of himself like that,he simply goads them on.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Frankbaro(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
I've known both Bishop Kukah and Pastor Bakare as men of God dat are outspoken and stand 4 d truth,irrespective of who is involved. And they are acting according 2 type. Thank God we still have such honest men in a rotten bunch.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by kessyur: 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
lat4real: Proud to be a muslim. grin
see dis blood sucking people
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by odehaj: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
This is it!

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by mko2005: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: geez where do u get these unbalanced people,if u note the pastor never makes a fool of himself like that,he simply goads them on.
In the presence of God there is Joy and liberty !.2 Corinthians 3:17
Remember the David kind of dance,the wife Michal mocked him.You remember also the consequences of her mockery ? And she remained barrened till her that just because she mocked the one who was dancing before God.-2nd Samuel 6:20-23.
So long as what you are doing does not contradict the word of God,then no man has got the power to condemn you.Even if they do,it will hold no water. But i tell you,if you work outside the word of God,you stand to be condemned except you repent !
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Melinde: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
pls when is this man's tenure expiring?.......he should hand over to catholic Arch bishop of Abuja(onaiyekan) with immediate effect. I am tired of all these business men parading themselves as "pastors"
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by kelvincoll(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

I respect Pst Tunde Bakare so much, infact I campaigned for and voted for him in the last election even though I know he sometimes speaks b4 editing. He is still anointed and he is a prophet but he should not join the camp of the accuser of the brethren. Kukahs own is understandable becos the leadership of CAN has left the erstwhile cold catholic approach to become a voice of its own

From you statement i can only say u re anti Catholic. Have you ever taken time to ask even the members of these Jet acquiring pastors their view on the matter? Alot of em are not in any way happy with it, members from far and near never knew there GO's had such luxury. they complain on how dem contribute to even build Educational institions under the church were fees are so exhorbitants that their kids can't afford it. Now you defend Bakare and condemned Kukah for different statements but same conclusion. Lets leave setiment aside and face d true fact that such acessories is really needed. How much is a jet? then how much would it cost to set up small factories/cottages which would assist both the unconcerned govt and sundry in alleviating poverty in the country?

@Op.. i think CAN should withdraw such statement and apologise to Bakare and Kukah, they only spoke the truth

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by kelvincoll(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mad Cow:

Will you quit your job (if you have one) to go become an Armed robber or a fraudster?!

that lady has got some nasty intentions, seems she's single and advertising she's endowed. Nice backyard though cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
kelvincoll:

that lady has got some nasty intentions, seems she's single and advertising she's endowed. Nice backyard though cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Dee60: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
Frankbaro: I've known both Bishop Kukah and Pastor Bakare as men of God dat are outspoken and stand 4 d truth,irrespective of who is involved. And they are acting according 2 type. Thank God we still have such honest men in a rotten bunch.

Let God be the judge.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
stine b:

You better accept Jesús christ or you will be doomed for eternity.
This is not a good time to advertise christainity..You rather invest ur time in compelling ur pastors to stop washing their dirty hands in the public..The earlier they turn a new leaf,the better for them.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by banki(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
CAN has always been an avenue to perpertrate fraud.... how many of us remember the Rev Obembe and Benny Hinn saga...

Nigerian christians have reduced christianty to a commercial venture, we go to church and mosque more than any other nation in the world yet we are the most corrupt set of people i have ever come across, we are the most in sincere we are just hypocrites all of us!
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
THEY SHOULD NOT THROW STONES... but they do because it is only a less good looking person that first notices ugliness in another person...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
victorD3:

That's why as a Christian I don't go to church not to talk of pay tithe

People‘s inability to do what is right affects your decision? Don't you know you are giving them much power? Or you have other reasons, then don't put the blame on CAN. WE ARE MATURE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD MAKE OUR DECISIONS AND STAND BY THEM...even if it will to hell fire!!!
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by chrisj2000(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
if any people are 100% sure of inexistence of heaven or hellfire, they're the pastors and G.O's. i.ve been close to some pastors and notice how much they lie, defraud the gullibles and often vomit a confusing and non-specific prophecy to the congregants. those whose hope are in heaven shouldn't be liars and fraudsters.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
hassymo5: kukah and bakare are right, things of the world are vanity,, they are suppose to live a simple life, that way we can follow, but they chose to live a life of luxury
One of them just DIVORCED his wife for another! Hmmm! Things of this world are vanity?? Take the cloak off your eyes and see clearly to pick out from another‘s eyes...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
dramenda: TO ME THEY DONT NEED PRIVATE JET TO REACH THE AREA THAT REALLY NEEDS THE GOSPEL,ALL THEY NEED IS TO TREK OR TAKE A BIKE TO THE REMOTE PART IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA IN GENERAL TO PREACH THE WORD,I DONT BUY THIS THEIR IDEAL OF TAKING THE RELIGION BACK TO THE PEOPLE THAT BRINGS IT TO US IN THE FIRST PLACE.

“Trek“, “Bike“ Lol! So,if members buus it for them they should refuse? Deeper Life was on this years back, PEOPLE RAN THEIR TONGUES... IN LIFE, U AND I HAVE LEARNT NEVER TO HANDLE WITH KID‘s GLOVE THE COMMENTS OF OTHERS...
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
strangest: It is the work of the pastors to take care of the congregation and make sure that no one lacks, there should be a distribution of wealth and education within the congregation and that is the reason why it is referred to as the family of the Lord but when some of the congregation couldnt afford three square meals and the pastor drives the best fleet of cars or even owns a private jet.... then something is wrong and need to be addressed.... Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, was he not the one that declared that Pastor Joshua is not of God. Pastor Oritsejafor was also quoted as having demanded to know who Prophet TB Joshua’s mentor is.... well, may God be with him...
“ THAT NO ONE LACKS“ when d Bible the poor will never get exhausted in the land.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Foster cat:
Pls can u ansa d these questions?
*wat do dey need d jet for?
*how Many tiMes wud dey fly on it in a year?
*those dat contributed,wat der source of income?
*how much is paid to a private pilot?
*how much is paid for d hangerm(parking lot).these monies will do a lot in d lives of members

If can't ansa dese.den relax.

They need jet to charge their phones... See questions! YOU SURE DON'T NEED A CAR. Do you ask your boss where he gets the money, after he gives you some? If you ask him, whatever his answer is to you have answered your many “Rhetorical“ questions! No offence.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: what do u expect of CAN,they have lost the glory and favour of God a long time ago,all they can do now is grow fat and become food for maggots
People with the glory of God and still pour insults on their Elders in the NAME OF PUBLIC OPINION. We may just make comments here but we should note the LAW OF KARMA... One day, you may at the top, despite your good intentions, people will rain abuses on you... And you will say, IT IS NOT EASY TO LEAD HUMANS. “ food for maggots“ “sobbing profusely“
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by nconcept: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
CAN of worms openings? http:///DUwgs9tx
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by Fostercat(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
emusmith:

They need jet to charge their phones... See questions! YOU SURE DON'T NEED A CAR. Do you ask your boss where he gets the money, after he gives you some? If you ask him, whatever his answer is to you have answered your many “Rhetorical“ questions! No offence.
By their fruits nd utrances we shall know dem.gud luck to u nd ur pastor.God is watching
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by beetg: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
CAN n Politics
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by freeR1: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Techwriter: There is no need for a response. Kukah said his mind based on his level of understanding and does not represent the opinion of most of us who believe nothing wrong with our pastors having the good things of life provided it was gotten legit. Oyedepo for instance has never taken any political stance, he is not seeking the favor of any political leader to be relevant. He is not seeking their favor for anytn.

I respect Pst Tunde Bakare so much, infact I campaigned for and voted for him in the last election even though I know he sometimes speaks b4 editing. He is still anointed and he is a prophet but he should not join the camp of the accuser of the brethren. Kukahs own is understandable becos the leadership of CAN has left the erstwhile cold catholic approach to become a voice of its own

I bet you were not in Nigeria when Bishop Oyedepo was flown to Saudi and he told us Yaradua was in good health and he spoke to him, we all know now that it was a lie; if he does not get any favor from govt why lie? The problem with Nigerians is that we forget!!!

1 Like

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by zaragoza(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Not supporting what is going on and neither am i against it either cos am yet to see what's wrong with owning a private jet and still remain in God's good book !
Regarding whether a servant can outshine his master,Jesus said that anyone who believes in HIM, will DO exceedingly greater things than HE did ! ''I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father''John 14:12
The question i want to ask is:
Does earthly riches belong to God?
If yes,can HE(GOD)give it to some people ?
If yes,who are entitled to this wealth ?
Men of God,Christian or muslim congregation,pagans,idol worshipers or to all alike.
Or may be all should have it BUT the men of God !
Let's concentrate on our own relationship with God or better change church if we find our men of God loosing it and can not pray for them.
Let's not judge them with abuses and curses !

owning a private jet is not bad at all. Have u ever seen anyone condemn dangote or adenuga for owning a jet? No! because they can afford it, they own blue chip companies, they are billionaires. Coming down to pastors, how many companies do they own? Do u know dat a private jet costs atleast 3-4 billion naira or more? Then tell me how a pastor who is not known to have a very successful company be able to buy a private jet? Its obvious they are feeding fat off their church members. A pastor who is literally a nobody financially say 20yrs back, all of a sudden opens a church and now he's a millionaire some billionaires. What den is d diff btw they and our political office holders who always leave office more than 50 times richer than they were? My dear open ur eyes, don't be decieved by their smooth talks.
Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by 2sexy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
emusmith:

I am higly disappointed by your statement. I cant believe that you are comparing ones'job to what goes on in a church. Do you know the meaning of what you have just said? You are invariably telling us that what goes on in a church is BUSINESS. No wonder they are acquiring jets. May God bless your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare by princemedico: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
by JeSoul(f): 3:39pm
https://www.nairaland.com/1108263/
private-jets-slams-kukah-bakare
Pls continue on the previously opened
thread.
Pls JeSoul, did you say 'previously' opened thread. It beats me to ask how a 7:04am thread is referred to as 'previous' to a 2:29am thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1108165/private-jets-slams-kukah-bakare). No hard feeling though i want to know the criteria for which topics appear on the FP. I am somehow really interested in people's comment (as i have already read the topic on FP) but your post really caught my attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Rosicrucian Order And Its Multiple Lies / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Private Christian Universities: Faith In Deception?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.