Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:32 PM

Divided Emotions - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Divided Emotions (63621 Views)

19 Words For Emotions You Feel But Can’t Explain / Waves Of Emotions / Twisted Emotions - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divided Emotions by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Goodness me! This is too much.Poor James.I never wanted him to be hurt,couldn't something be done for him? Something tells me Kenneth will return from dubai with another resolve that will make the obvious difficult. Good one Omolollypop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divided Emotions by ruth42k3(f): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
wow!! team keneth all the way.loving this,good job omolola.
Re: Divided Emotions by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Poor James. I wonder if such men still exist ...

Ride on girl...loving it all the way cheesy
Re: Divided Emotions by Hummingbird: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hmmmm...2ru luv wil always find its way...9c work Lola,nw I cn slip
Re: Divided Emotions by maclatunji: 12:31am On Dec 22, 2012
Hummingbird: Hmmmm...2ru luv wil always find its way...9c work Lola,nw I cn slip

Please don't 'slip' but do sleep.
Re: Divided Emotions by Debsolat(f): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Hummingbird: Hmmmm...2ru luv wil always find its way...9c work Lola,nw I cn slip

Hahaha. Guess it's past your bedtime then. All these writers making us wait until late before updating us!
Re: Divided Emotions by Specthatcher(f): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Feelin 4 James alreadi...Bt i cnt liv ma team 4 him...KENETH al d way
Re: Divided Emotions by HipsyDipsy(f): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2012
Yeee haaawww!!!! #teamkenneth all d way *dancing Alingo*.I kinda feel for James tho, buh I'm glad dude's out of d picture now, so Oga Kenneth shld just behave and PARK WELL abeg. Great job Omolola. More power 2 ur elbow.
Re: Divided Emotions by ruth42k3(f): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2012
Hey omolola how are you doing?hope u r enjoying ur wkend?pls when are u updating??looking forward oo

1 Like

Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
"HI, DIVINE. I'm home! How're you feeling?"

"Not good." He wandered into the kitchen still dressed in his pyjamas. They matched Kenneth's. "You've been crying again, right?"

She nodded. "Yes. I've been crying hard."
. . .Forgive me James. Please, God, let him find happiness again soon. Please. . .

"Over Dad?"

She set her purse on the table. "Over a lot of things. Come here." She held out her arms and they hugged. "I think you and I could use a little cheering up about now. Are you too sick to fly down to Lagos with me?"

"You mean to see M.T? No!"

"Of course to see M.T. Who else do we know in Lagos?"

"How soon can we go?"

"As soon as you get dressed."

"Does he know we're coming?" He called minutes later from the other part of the house.

"Yes. I just phoned him. Hauwa's at work and he'd love the company."

"He's the best."

"He is."

When Sonia had told M.T she needed a friend to talk to, he didn't ask any questions. He just told her to come and stay as long as she wanted.

Ninety minutes later, M.T had Divine ensconced in their study, teaching him the fundamentals of a new computer game. With his quick mind, Divine didn't take long to catch on. Soon he was too engrossed to talk to either of them.

She and M.T shared a secret smile and left her son entertained while they made their way to the living room of the small home.

M.T gave her a long thorough appraisal. "You're so sad. It makes me feel guilty."

"For you to say something like that tells me you and Hauwa must be getting along terrifically."

His shy smile touched her heart. "To be honest I'm so happy it scares me. Only one thing could make me happier."

"What's that? The news that she's pregnant?"

"Well, that, too, of course." He grinned, then sobered. "To see you at peace."

Sonia sat forward on the chair. "M.T., this morning James and I said goodbye to each other forever. He took back his ring. It's over."

M.T had been sitting with his head bowed, but at her words he looked up quickly, astonishment written on his face. "Are you putting me on?"

"No. That's why I look this terrible. James is a wonderful man and I'm hurting for him. He's in a lot of pain."

"Ah, Sonia..." M.T lunged for her from the couch. She had no idea his hug could be so powerful. "I know you loved him, but there's no one like the sarge. No one."

She hugged him harder because they were both crying. "You're right, M.T. Kenneth's one of a kind. I've always been in love with him. I always will be.
"If he'd never come home, James and I would have had a marvelous marriage. But Kenneth did come back, and I want to live with him again. Forever."

M.T just hung on to her, weeping. Pretty soon that got Sonia's tears going again.

"How come you guys are always crying?"

M.T let go of her and turned to Divine. "We're just happy."

Divine scratched his head. "Mom? You're both acting weird."

"I know. Why don't you sit down, honey? I've got something important to tell you."

Immediately alert to the inflection in her voice, he perched himself on the arm of the couch, his expression anxious.

"The thing is, I have a problem only the two of you can help me solve. That's because your father loves you and M.T more than anyone in the world."

"What's wrong?" By now Divine was starting to look ill.

"Divine? Do you remember the question you asked me early this morning and I told you we'd talk later?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, now I'm ready to answer you."

"You are?" He sounded scared.

"James and I have said goodbye to each other because I really love your father."

It took a moment for her message to get through. When it did, even she wasn't prepared for her son's ear-piercing whoop. Divine had practically levitated from the couch and knocked her over in his eagerness to show joy.

"How come you're always jumping around and yelling, Divine?" M.T baited him. That brought an hysterical giggle from Divine.

"Have you told Dad yet?"

"No," Sonia replied. "That's what I need to talk to the two of you about. I thought if we put our heads together, we would come up with a plan. Right now he's in the process of divorcing me."

"One phone call to your lawyer telling him you and Kenneth are back together again ought to fix that in a hig hurry."

She clasped her hands together. "Therein lies my dilemma, M.T. Kenneth might not want me back. He'll think I'm doing it out of pity."

M.T didn't deny it.

"Hey, you guys?" Divine said. "I've got an idea. You know that religious ad on TV about the family that kidnaps their dad because he doesn't spend enough time with them?"

Sonia nodded while M.T looked blank.

"Well, we could kidnap Dad and you guys could get married again or something. Dad would go for that big time!"

M.T jumped to his feet. "You know something, Divine? I think you're on to a great idea. I've been thinking about doing something special for Hauwa, to let her know how happy she makes me. I even had this idea we'd get married again in Abuja since we're moving."

"A double ceremony?" Sonia interjected.

"A surprise double-wedding ceremony," M.T muttered. "One the sarge won't know about until it happens. I'll get him to the church on the pretext of coming to my wedding. Then we'll have the pastor say something like, 'we're all gathered here to witness the marriage of M.T and Hauwa, Kenneth and Sonia. Will the two couples step forward?"

"He won't be able to say no, will he?" she cried. "Not when everyone's there watching and waiting? Not if he loves me."

M.T shook his head. "He won't say no. Trust me on this one, Sonia."

"I want to trust you. I want to believe it. The thing is, I hate going behind Kenneth's back. Maybe I shouldn't."

M.T looked her in the eye. "Has the sarge told you he's still in love with you?"

Sonia took a deep breath. "He told me he was in live with the Sonia he left behind."

A smile lit up M.T.'s face. "Then you've got nothing to worry about. Go ahead and plan to your heart's content."

"You think so?" She almost squealed.

"I know so," he pronounced firmly.

"Dad told me he wished you were with us on the camp-out, Mom."

"Really?"

"He didn't sleep all night. He just walked around and around. Oh, Mom, you're going to make him so happy! When"s all this going to happen, anyway? Jeez, why did Dad have to go to Dubai in the first place?" He grumbled.

Now Sonia was on her feet as another idea came to mind, an idea so exciting she could hardly stand it. "There's this little ranch in Dubai. Your father and I commented on how quaint it was when we were up there on our honeymoon. We could have a second honeymoon there."

"And his parents are already up there with him..." M.T had immediately picked up on her train of thought.

"That gives us about one week to get everything ready."

"Can Jeff still come?"

"Of course, darling. Grandpa and Grandma will be happy to take care of you. The four of you can have fun on the ranch while M.T and his wife and your father and I enjoy a short honeymoon."

. . .In fact, Janet and George are going to be so happy, they'll become the people they used to be - before Kenneth went missing in action. . .

"Divine, when your dad calls tonight, you've got to act perfectly natural and not give anything away. Remember how smart he is. Nothing ever gets by him."

"Don't worry, Mom. This is one time I'll outsmart him. You can count on me."

"Sure we can." M.T said, "when your dad calls me tonight, I'll start setting him up."

Sonia's gaze swerved to his. "Has he been calling you a lot?"

He gave her a serious look. "We talk every day."
Her love for M.T was growing deeper and deeper.

"So that means we have to wait a whole week?"

Obviously Divine couldn't comprehend keeping a secret that long.

"Honey, I've got a lot of preparation to do so I can go back to Abuja and get everything ready."

"Jeff's mom will let me stay with them. I'll tell Dad he has to call me over at Jeff's. If he asks to talk to you, I'll tell him you're out with James."

At the mention of James, she felt another stab of pain. "I think it'll work. I'll show up at the airport in the car and tell Kenneth that it was a last-minute decision on my part to see M.T and Hauwa get married."

Divine beamed. "Yes, and I'll say that I'm going to be the guy who gives the ring during the ceremony."

"That's right, Divine. You can carry them."

"Do we have to get dressed up and stuff?"

M.T answered him. "No. Up until the last second, while he's sitting in that pew watching the pastor, we have to fool your dad." A huge smile broke out on his face. A face that was fuller and looked more handsome everyday. "The sarge isn't going to know what hit him."

"M.T..." Hauwa came running into the study where he was working "...it's Kenneth on the phone," she whispered. "Can I sit here and listen?"

He pulled his wife onto his lap and kissed her hard. "If you can keep from squealing with excitement, I'll let you. You think you can do that?"

"I promise I'll be good. I want this to work as much as you do," she murmured with tears of happiness in her voice.

"Okay. Here goes."

He picked up the phone and sat back on the couch with Hauwa still curled in his lap. "Hey, Sarge? What's up?"

"I've got Mom busy thinking about how to help me redecorate the house in Ligwai."

There was a pause. "To be honest, I'd rather be doing what you're doing. It's been a hell of a long time. You know what I mean?"

. . .Just you wait, Sarge. Just you wait. . .

"Yes, I know. Just remember, all good things come to those who wait."

"I believe that. But seven years?"

M.T chuckled, then gave his wife a kiss. "Speaking of that particular subject, I was thinking of getting married in Abuja."

Silence.

"Run that by me again?"

"You know, Hauwa and I are renewing our vows. Maybe going on a little honeymoon." Her hand entwined with his and she kissed it.

"Sounds great. You two ought to be here, instead of me." M.T could hear the despair hidden under Kenneth's light tone.

" When did you say you were going to be at the airport?"

"We should arrive there early Saturday morning."

"Hauwa and I would be at the airport to welcome you."

After a pause, "If you did that, you'd make me a very happy man."

M.T sobered. The sarge was in pain. It was bad.

"You'd make me even happier if you'd agree to be my best man."

"I wouldn't let you renew your vows without me."

"If I had known you way back then, I would have asked you to be my best man the first time."

"Yeah, well, you know what they say. It's better the second time around. At least it's going to be for you."

. . .You're going to believe it, too, Sarge. And that day can't come soon enough. . .

"I say go for it, M.T. Make every second count from here on out."

. . .That's exactly what we're all going to do, Sarge. Just hang on seven more days. . .

"I guess I'd better sign off. I still have to talk to Divine."

"Right, Sarge. Over and out till tomorrow.

"Till tomorrow."
Re: Divided Emotions by Folusade(f): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Wow!
Omolola this story don dey back pikin o!
Set up Kenneth! The suspense is now sky rocketing.
I am happy for Sonia and yet Im afraid for her. What if Kenneth refuses?
Cant wait!

2 Likes

Re: Divided Emotions by 4shizzle(f): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
I've been reading your novel very captivating. U've got huge talents

I can't wait to read VANISHED since you think its d best and your latest.

I have always pictured the author of this novel differently till I read your diary.

Thumbs up babes. Keep the post coming. We'll be right here
Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
4shizzle: I've been reading your novel very captivating. U've got huge talents

I can't wait to read VANISHED since you think its d best and your latest.

I have always pictured the author of this novel differently till I read your diary.

Thumbs up babes. Keep the post coming. We'll be right here

Am so honoured! Thank you
Re: Divided Emotions by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
Oh dear me, let things go as planed. But then, I know writers don't give spoilers of event before they occur. Omololypop, are you sure you are not just playing with our hearts here?
Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
moreeni: Oh dear me, let things go as planed. But then, I know writers don't give spoilers of event before they occur. Omololypop, are you sure you are not just playing with our hearts here?

How dear?
Re: Divided Emotions by emygreat747(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
moreeni: Oh dear me, let things go as planed. But then, I know writers don't give spoilers of event before they occur. Omololypop, are you sure you are not just playing with our hearts here?
abii o!!!
Re: Divided Emotions by Folusade(f): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
I'm beginning to suspect lola o.
She is playing with our hearts with this Sonia going to marry kenneth plot.
I think kenneth will refuse and she will still marry james.
Lola if you don't want us to help u conclude the story like some of us are trying to do then finish it all tonight!
Lol!
Re: Divided Emotions by punche(m): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2012
I only hope Kenneth will appreciate what Sonia is about doing. I just hope Sonia won't kill herself.

1 Like

Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Folusade: I'm beginning to suspect lola o.
She is playing with our hearts with this Sonia going to marry kenneth plot.
I think kenneth will refuse and she will still marry james.
Lola if you don't want us to help u conclude the story like some of us are trying to do then finish it all tonight!
Lol!

Lmao!
Re: Divided Emotions by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Lola dearie, I'm still waiting for today's update. smiley
Re: Divided Emotions by emygreat747(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
lola dear,pls help us out ooo!!!!
Re: Divided Emotions by AfricaFace(f): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2012
i am now more concerned about what would happen with James...
I am sure his brother would bot let him give up on Sonia....
he is going to bounce Back.......
Re: Divided Emotions by Screwface(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
cheesycheesy
Oya come and finish dis tin jare.
Biko!
Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
My fantastic readers,

Am so so sorry I have not updated this story, av been pre-occupied with work due to this festive period. My workload has been increased greatly!

However, I promise to complete this story latest 31st of December, 2012. The last day of the year, its a promise I intend to keep, please bear with me my dear readers

I'd be travelling tomorrow, do wish me a safe journey!

Wishing you a Merry, Jolly Christmas and a Wonderful, Prosperous New Year in Advance!

2 Likes

Re: Divided Emotions by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
Safe journey Sweetie. Merry Christmas and Signs& Wonders new year!

1 Like

Re: Divided Emotions by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omolola1: My fantastic readers,

Am so so sorry I have not updated this story, av been pre-occupied with work due to this festive period. My workload has been increased greatly!

However, I promise to complete this story latest 31st of December, 2012. The last day of the year, its a promise I intend to keep, please bear with me my dear readers

I'd be travelling tomorrow, do wish me a safe journey!

Wishing you a Merry, Jolly Christmas and a Wonderful, Prosperous New Year in Advance!

Wish you the best of this festive Season and a stress-free journey smiley

1 Like

Re: Divided Emotions by Folusade(f): 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas Lola,
Have a safe journey.
Thank you for a wonderful story.
31st........ Lol!

1 Like

Re: Divided Emotions by DAvIt0(m): 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
safe journey!!! omolola1
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!"
Re: Divided Emotions by Demlad99(m): 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
I'm glad I've finally caught up. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! You're a wonderful writer! smiley smiley
Re: Divided Emotions by Chirolechick: 12:05am On Dec 25, 2012
Safe trip dear,
Merry xmas
Re: Divided Emotions by Omolola1(f): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Thanks for the wishes. .

I had a safe and stress-free trip. Surprisingly, there is NETWORK here!
Your prayers has been answered, so I'd continue updating cheesy

However, the conclusive part of the story would still be posted on December 31, meaning I'd officially end the story that day.

Enjoy!
Re: Divided Emotions by maclatunji: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Omolola1: Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Thanks for the wishes. .

I had a safe and stress-free trip. Surprisingly, there is NETWORK here!
Your prayers has been answered, so I'd continue updating cheesy

However, the conclusive part of the story would still be posted on December 31, meaning I'd officially end the story that day.

Enjoy!

Season's greetings to you- what remote outpost have you run away to? tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned? / TORN (based On A True Life Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.