Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' (8591 Views)

Why Do Africans Blame All Europeans For Colonialism And Slavery? / Milton Friedman On Slavery And Colonialism. A Must Watch For Africans / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by ayobase(m): 12:26am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03: [size=14pt]I am happy that some people here clearly stated that we shouldnt celebrate colonialism. However, there are still some slaves that praise colonialism!

For those slaves who love colonialism, remember that the Europeans were packing slaves and plundering our resources for over 300 hundred years. The first school that Nigeria got was in the 19th century after 300 years of slavery (the Europeans came since the 16th century). Apparently, they thought that schools were too good at the time for slave monkeys

[/size]

[size=28pt]China and Japan were never colonized. We see the British and American paying huge amounts of money to learn the Asian languages as these two countries play a major role in the world.
[/size]

Food for thought

[/size]

U wanna compare the cultural histories of these two countries with our then Nigeria?
We were terrible and so barbaric...were we not selling willingly at a point....imagine for mirror!
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 28, 2012
ayobase:

U wanna compare the cultural histories of these two countries with our then Nigeria?
We were terrible and so barbaric...were we not selling willingly at a point....imagine for mirror!

You must be a real slave to foriegners to think that Japan and china were not barbaric in their own history as well.

Most Nigerian tribes were not into slaves as a commodity before the Arabs and Europeans came. Who was more barbaric the slave masters or the enslaved?
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by ayobase(m): 12:59am On Nov 28, 2012
Everybody's mind is made up on this thread so far...either against or with!
Let me just sit back and see how it ends.
Im seeing reasons...beautiful ones!
Nigerians just like crying over spilled milk.
Some Countries have moved on.
Colonialism was an eye opener as far as Im concerned.....
Its pathetic when comparing the stone age histories of those Countries to Nigeria....
Egypt?
I can say that River brought about development to Egypt which was rules by the Persians, Byzantines, Greeks, Romans, Arabs,.....
Japan?
China?
Those Countries had the effect of powerful countries on/in them, and they never remained the same...they took up the challenges!
But Naija with virtually one effect is still nagging!
Hope I have not been sleeptyping?

@@feeling sleepy.....to check back 2moro@@
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 28, 2012
ayobase: Everybody's mind is made up on this thread so far...either against or with!
Let me just sit back and see how it ends.
Im seeing reasons...beautiful ones!
Nigerians just like crying over spilled milk.
Some Countries have moved on.
Colonialism was an eye opener as far as Im concerned.....
Its pathetic when comparing the stone age histories of those Countries to Nigeria....
Egypt?
I can say that River brought about development to Egypt which was rules by the Persians, Byzantines, Greeks, Romans, Arabs,.....
Japan?
China?
Those Countries had the effect of powerful countries on/in them, and they never remained the same...they took up the challenges!
But Naija with virtually one effect is still nagging!
Hope I have not been sleeptyping?

@@feeling sleepy.....to check back 2moro@@

No one is crying over spilled milk......we are complaining that people are praising the spilled milk.

I do my own part to make Nigeria a better country by sending money back home to educate people and also educating people here on Niarland.
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by ayobase(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

I do my own part to make Nigeria a better country by sending money back home to educate people and also educating people here on Niarland.

As u you have said and been doing. Its all about the way forward....argument like this will never be resolved one-sidedly....everyone with his/her perceptions.....just like Awo and Ojukwu SAGA. Was it resolved?....THE WAY FORWARD.
It wouldnt be an issue if it were debate!
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by azpekuliar: 9:52am On Nov 28, 2012
ikwerre guy: my fellow nigerians...i left nigeria at the age of 2years and came to germany with my parents...i have been twice in nigeria trough out my life...let me tell u ppl somthing...white ppl hate anybody with black skin...they HATE US more than every other thing...i know it i can tell...but when i come to nigeria i see how my ppl admire them...and praise them...almost worshiping those oyibo...yes it is true whites have established a rich civilization...but it was built on african blood...so please colonialisim was the biggest crime in history

Name a single country the Nazi's colonised??
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by azpekuliar: 9:54am On Nov 28, 2012
ikwerre guy: my fellow nigerians...i left nigeria at the age of 2years and came to germany with my parents...i have been twice in nigeria trough out my life...let me tell u ppl somthing...white ppl hate anybody with black skin...they HATE US more than every other thing...i know it i can tell...but when i come to nigeria i see how my ppl admire them...and praise them...almost worshiping those oyibo...yes it is true whites have established a rich civilization...but it was built on african blood...so please colonialisim was the biggest crime in history

Name a single country the Nazi's colonised?
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by thoth: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
Bennyboy11: To praise colonialism is like highlighting the positive side of rape. Most of the perceived "benefits" could have been achieved without colonialism

Exactly,i see the writer as wholly ignorant and suffering from inferiority complex, seeing language as a gain from colonization is like seeing "slimming down" as a gain from HIV.
As the above poster said many of the "perceived benefits" could be achieved without colonialism and our present achievements would surely have been surpassed if not for colonialism.
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by thoth: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2012
azpekuliar:

Name a single country the Nazi's colonised??
A truly ignorant Nigerian you are .
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by bokohalal(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
My deduction:colonialism is good because of English language.
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by igbo2011(m): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
Africans didn't need Europeans we actually taught them. We civilized the greeks. How can you build the pyramids without the Pythagorean theorem? We taught that to them. Read the books black Athena by Martin Bernal and Golden age of the Moors by Ivan Sertima. The moors civilized Europe as well. Being an African should make you proud not ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 12:32am On Nov 30, 2012
igbo2011: Africans didn't need Europeans we actually taught them. We civilized the greeks. How can you build the pyramids without the Pythagorean theorem? We taught that to them. Read the books black Athena by Martin Bernal and Golden age of the Moors by Ivan Sertima. The moors civilized Europe as well. Being an African should make you proud not ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0
egyptians are not west Africans grin most moors were not black

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg[/img]
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2012
^^^^They're West Africans - West Africans migrated from the Nile Valley and Nubia...
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 12:52am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^They're West Africans - West Africans migrated from the Nile Valley and Nubia...
lol
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2012
TerryCarr:
lol

Can you tell us where West Africans came from then because there's no archaeological evidence that proves that we're older than people in East Africa??

We didn't just fall from the sky, did we??
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 1:15am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx:

Can you tell us where West Africans came from then because there's no archaeological evidence that proves that we're older than people in East Africa??

We didn't just fall from the sky, did we??
Ethiopia like the rest of mankind grin does not mean there a cultural connection
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 30, 2012
TerryCarr: Ethiopia like the rest of mankind grin does not mean there a cultural connection

That wasn't my question, brudda...

If West Africans aren't from the Nile Valley/Nubia/Cush - can you tell us where we migrated from??
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 30, 2012
This is the earliest human migration wave - can you see how empty West Africa is?

Please tell me where all the people living in West Africa today migrated from...

[img]http://1.2.3.9/bmi/4.bp..com/_oUc6WpOAwto/TDZb0Vh24UI/AAAAAAAAYRo/ECbKvISU978/s400/human_migration-utexas-500.jpg[/img]
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 30, 2012
Homosapiens migration wave - still no soul in West Africa... grin

[img]http://1.2.3.9/bmi/mathgen.stats.ox.ac.uk/migrate.gif[/img]
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 30, 2012
Real Hannibal of Carthage!- Negro and Moors were black!!

[img]http://1.2.3.11/bmi/c.suite101.com/files/styles/article_full/public/000/188/000188668.jpg[/img]
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 30, 2012
Sybellah

Are the pictures showing?
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx: Sybellah

Are the pictures showing?

nono
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 1:52am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't my question, brudda...

If West Africans aren't from the Nile Valley/Nubia/Cush - can you tell us where we migrated from??

you do know Nubia/Cush is not Egypt. yes they ruled it for a while but so did Greeks(the Coptic alphabet has Greek influence), Romans blah. but any way you might be right about the Nile thing but the Nile is not only Egypt. they could had came out of Sudan for all we know.

besides this was mostly before civilization and languages so it still does not matter
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 30, 2012
Sybellah:

nono

This mobile internet thing is dumb, I'll switch to my laptop now and repost them...

Cheers, anyway... wink
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 1:57am On Nov 30, 2012
Carthage was not black the Phoenicians made them

Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 30, 2012
TerryCarr:
you do know Nubia/Cush is not Egypt. yes they ruled it for a while but so did Greeks(the Coptic alphabet has Greek influence), Romans blah. but any way you might be right about the Nile thing but the Nile is not only Egypt. they could had came out of Sudan for all we know.

besides this was mostly before civilization and languages so it still does not matter

But why was Ancient Egypt(Kemet) called the first daughter of Ethiopia(Cush)??

The Greeks didn't arrive in Egypt till after the 10th dynasty, and they were students who came to study... The invasion of Egypt by non-black(Africans) started after the 24th dynasty - and that was when the race-mixing started... All those who ruled Egypt before then were BLACKS...

Blacks from Nubia still ruled Egypt from time to time after the invasion...
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx:

This mobile internet thing is dumb, I'll switch to my laptop now and repost them...

Cheers, anyway... wink

lol ok

cheers hun smiley
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 30, 2012
If Hannibal of Carthage was black - what makes you think Egyptians and Moors were not black??

You know the people from Carthage migrated from Phoenicia, don't you?
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 2:04am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx:

But why was Ancient Egypt(Kemet) called the first daughter of Ethiopia(Cush)??

The Greeks didn't arrive in Egypt till after the 10th dynasty, and they were students who came to study... The invasion of Egypt by non-black(Africans) started after the 24th dynasty - and that was when the race-mixing started... All those who ruled Egypt before then were BLACKS...

Blacks from Nubia still ruled Egypt from time to time after the invasion...

who made that one up? grin Ethiopia is different from Egypt.
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 30, 2012
TerryCarr:
who made that one up? grin Ethiopia is different from Egypt.

Their histories are interwoven, and since civilisation existed in Ethiopia before Egypt - hence why Egypt was labelled the first daughter of Ethiopia...

PS: Ancient Ethiopia includes present day Sudan... And we can call it Cush or Nubia..
Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by TerryCarr(m): 2:11am On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx: If Hannibal of Carthage was black - what makes you think Egyptians and Moors were not black??

You know the people from Carthage migrated from Phoenicia, don't you?
Phoenicia is Lebanon(More or less) as far as the Lebanese are concerned they are Phoenician

"Phoenicianism is a form of Lebanese nationalism, especially popular from the 1920s through the 1950s. It promotes the theory that Lebanese people are not Arabs and that the Lebanese speak a distinct language and have their own culture, separate from that of the surrounding Middle Eastern countries. Supporters of this theory of Lebanese ethnogenesis maintain that the Lebanese are descended from Phoenicians and are not Arab. Some also maintain that Lebanese Arabic is not an Arabic dialect, but has become a distinctly separate language."

Re: African viewpoint: 'Thank goodness for colonialism' by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 30, 2012
TerryCarr: Phoenicia is Lebanon(More or less) as far as the Lebanese are concerned they are Phoenician

"Phoenicianism is a form of Lebanese nationalism, especially popular from the 1920s through the 1950s. It promotes the theory that Lebanese people are not Arabs and that the Lebanese speak a distinct language and have their own culture, separate from that of the surrounding Middle Eastern countries. Supporters of this theory of Lebanese ethnogenesis maintain that the Lebanese are descended from Phoenicians and are not Arab. Some also maintain that Lebanese Arabic is not an Arabic dialect, but has become a distinctly separate language."

Lmao... I guess the Kazan and Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe are also the real Hebrews, no??

And the Europeans in North America are also the native Americans, no??

And the Europeans in Australia and New Zealand are also the Aborigenes, no?? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ / Buhari Addresses Empty Seats At UN General Assembly- Pictur / This Criminal Never Go To Work For One Day But He Is A Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.