Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media (11017 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Y Pros Duos And Tecno N3 Users Experience And Advise. / The Price Of Samsung Galaxy Pro And Galaxy Y Duos / How Do I Send Credit Frm Glo To Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
i sent them a message on twitter today and they replied me that they will send my phone soon. I won on 16th. Guess i will av to wait a little more
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Valto: i sent them a message on twitter today and they replied me that they will send my phone soon. I won on 16th. Guess i will av to wait a little more
I was told the same thing yesterday by Glo but, someone that collected her phone yesterday in Lagos said she saw my name on the list of winners.
@lugardosa @olusheenor @GboruM @DanielSareaje @GlobacomLimited u no dey waitg list oooo,as long as ur name dey dt list,ur phone is ready
https://twitter.com/BECKYTUNDE/status/296490861125054464
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 9:31am On Feb 06, 2013
I just got a call to come and collect my phone now.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2013
luluosas: I just got a call to come and collect my phone now.
thankGod for u ... am still waiting for their call
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: thankGod for u ... am still waiting for their call
They will surely call you.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
i w0n last wEEk friday 0n FB, Lugard, am l!l-chEEzY
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
glo caNNot expla!n diZ
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
pic.twitter.com/qr1LLJ7p
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Francheezy: pic.twitter.com/qr1LLJ7p
guy no mind them. ojoro don enter! I also noticed that tuesday fastestfingers first winner not the real winner. U can check that too.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 3:45pm On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: guy no mind them. ojoro don enter! I also noticed that tuesday fastestfingers first winner not the real winner. U can check that too.
tuesday game wina wz d real wina...
Can u imagine, lst week friday, i w0n 0n fb nd twita,
but itz 0nly 0n fb dat dey ann0unced mE
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
Francheezy:
tuesday game wina wz d real wina...
Can u imagine, lst week friday, i w0n 0n fb nd twita,
but itz 0nly 0n fb dat dey ann0unced mE
maybe they noticed that u own both accounts
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: maybe they noticed that u own both accounts
dey are crazy, infact dey must b craZy
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
I finally collected my phone today from Gloworld office in Jimeta, Adamawa State.

Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: maybe they noticed that u own both accounts
If actually he owns the two accounts, I see nothing but GREED in action. If you like, create 100 accounts but, in as much as you didn't change your name, you will still be caught. Try next time.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
luluosas: I finally collected my phone today from Gloworld office in Jimeta, Adamawa State.
thats nice of Glo. Enjoy! How many days did it take from the day u won till today u collectted the phone? Mine is 3weeks now , no call 4rm them yet.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
luluosas:
If actually he owns the two accounts, I see nothing but GREED in action. If you like, create 100 accounts but, in as much as you didn't change your name, you will still be caught. Try next time.
my guy...u d0nt undastand
i w0n 0n twita nd fb 0n d same day, wit d same name....u dig ?
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Dozieson(m): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
luluosas: I finally collected my phone today from Gloworld office in Jimeta, Adamawa State.
epa wetin u de find for aboki apian?
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
Francheezy:
guy u deserve to win just once! u cant win twice.. dont forget its the same glo agent that manages all their social network pages. so its not possible to win at both pages with the same name
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: guy u deserve to win just once! u cant win twice.. dont forget its the same glo agent that manages all their social network pages. so its not possible to win at both pages with the same name
ur wr0nG man...i w0n credit
0n al 0f dem
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
Valto: thats nice of Glo. Enjoy! How many days did it take from the day u won till today u collectted the phone? Mine is 3weeks now , no call 4rm them yet.
It took them 28 days to send it down as I won since 8th January, 2013. Thank you.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2013
Dozieson:
epa wetin u de find for aboki apian?
Otenmwen, e winigho ore no yo okpia zo zo khian. Iye mwen gele zukpon obo neghe dia.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
Francheezy:
No! No!!! No!!! This game does not work like that. In fact, you should understand that the same people are managing the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages of Glo. Therefore, before awarding anybody as the winner, they will first verified if the person has previously won in either of their pages.
The man that called me earlier today was one of the people running this contest as a result of the reply he gave to the tweet I posted announcing that I was called. In fact, I was so elated seeing his response.
From @GlobacomLimited:
@lugardosa this is a special congratulation from me... truly deserved
https://twitter.com/GlobacomLimited/status/299081484944424960
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
aw c0me dey gave me 3k recharge card ?
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by chygoz3(m): 3:51am On Feb 07, 2013
glo no dey try for my side. since 11th december till now, no show.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2013
chygoz3: glo no dey try for my side. since 11th december till now, no show.
You need to always remind them though they are aware of it. Thank you.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2013
Wow! I just connected my laptop to the Galaxy Y Pro, which I collected yesterday from Glo, using Hotspot on my Somonth BB plan. Men, it is awesome as the speed is 1,000 times better than using my Glo Bolt Modem.
On the hotspot, I have 54.0Mbps connection speed, the same thing with the wireless network in our office, while the Bolt Modem usually shows 236.8Kbps. This is indeed good news to me as this is my very first Smart phone experience in my life.
Although the speed test conducted is nothing to write home about but, pages loads faster and quicker while connecting through the hotspot on the Galaxy Y Pro phone, than when using my Bolt modem. Therefore, on the average, the Hotspot just won.

Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by chygoz3(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2013
I keep reminding them of it and i always get the response that i should be patient. I got myself a tecno n3 in order to be part of the android community as i could wait for glo no longer. The hotspot feature is an interesting feature of android phones. From your post, it seems you are browsing on edge network which is why you get a connection speed of 236kbps. the speed indicated on the hotspot is 54mbps but it is still limited by the speed of your network which is edge. thats why your speedtest result is low.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Francheezy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
iz it dual sim
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by Valto(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
[b]General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 - GT-B5512
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - GT-B5512B
SIM Dual SIM (Mini-SIM)
Announced 2011, December
Status Available. Released 2012, January
Body Dimensions 110.8 x 63.5 x 11.9 mm (4.36 x 2.5 x 0.47 in)
Weight 112.3 g (3.95 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 320 x 240 pixels, 2.6 inches (~154 ppi pixel density)
- Optical trackpad
- Samsung TouchWiz
Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB, 2 GB included
Internal 160 MB, 512 MB ROM, 290 MB RAM
Data GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes, QVGA@24fps
Secondary Yes, VGA
Features OS Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
CPU 832 MHz
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
Browser HTML, Adobe Flash
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors Black
- SNS integration
- MP4/WMV/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
Battery Li-Ion 1350 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 528 h
Talk time Up to 9 h
Misc SAR US 0.58 W/kg (head) 1.03 W/kg (body)
SAR EU 0.57 W/kg (head) [/b]

Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
@All, if you have won a phone but yet to collect, you need to always send them message on the platform you won so that they can send your phone across to you.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Francheezy: iz it dual sim
yes, it is a dual sim phone with normal sim card and a front camera.
Re: Glo To Start Giving Out Samsung Galaxy Y Pro On Their Social Media by luluosas(m): 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
chygoz3: I keep reminding them of it and i always get the response that i should be patient. I got myself a tecno n3 in order to be part of the android community as i could wait for glo no longer. The hotspot feature is an interesting feature of android phones. From your post, it seems you are browsing on edge network which is why you get a connection speed of 236kbps. the speed indicated on the hotspot is 54mbps but it is still limited by the speed of your network which is edge. thats why your speedtest result is low.
Well, you still need to be reminding them until you will get it.
Meanwhile, the 236Kbps I reported is the speed that usually shows up when I connect my Glo Bolt modem, while the 54Mbps was the one that displays immediately I connected my laptop using the galaxy Y pro through hotspot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Mobile Encarta (very Educative) / Working Link 2 Downgrade 4rm Bbm8 To 7 / I Am "Shocked" There Are No Online Reviews On Tecno Droidpad 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.