Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (844137 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hello, everyone. I've truly missed the drama and the love.... cheesy Been busy trying to pay attention...

How many of us are absolutely sure of our God-given purpose in this world and how did we come to that knowledge?

Wishing you a nice week. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 18, 2013
ARareGem: Hello, everyone. I've truly missed the drama and the love.... cheesy Been busy trying to pay attention...

How many of us are absolutely sure of our God-given purpose in this world and how did we come to that knowledge?

Wishing you a nice week. smiley
i really want 2 ask dat question also, pls i really want some1 2 ansa it. Wishing you all a bright week.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
I'm still not sure what mine is per se, but i love to get a confirmation or a go ahead from God taking any big step. I also love to believe that if our spirit is in tune with God's spirit, then His spirit will witness to our spirit the will of God for us...so technically anything we do turns out to be his purpose for us. smiley

Muskeeto work's been going pretty well, thanx. Phcn has made it their business not to give me light for 2days, the fear of my food going sour is preventing me from cooking a thing sad.

Hi everyone, how has things being?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 19, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Muskeeto work's been going pretty well, thanx. Phcn has made it their business not to give me light for 2days, the fear of my food going sour is preventing me from cooking a thing sad.

Hi everyone, how has things being?
Sorry o. Even if I know you can't cook tongue.. Just kidding.

Life's cool, so far. Still want you as a chatmate, if you're free and have the time... smiley

To the rest of the squad, have a great week. As to the God-given purpose question, here's a tip for you Christians.. smiley
2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives
in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.

It only hurts us if we continue to worry about how our future may end up. Don't let doubts stop you from enjoying life and making the best of the opportunities that come your way. Be alert and open,be willing to take chances, for we all learn from failure. Plan for the future, stop trying to predict it.

Pastor mode: Sometimes your talent may not be the 'key' to unlocking your destiny. It might be some other skill you learnt or picked up along the way. Some managers didn't have a successful football career but have turned out to be great coaches today.

Have a great week guys.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 19, 2013
An0nimus: Rey so you went to that school at Umuchima/Ihiagwa too wink grin
Yes. Umuchima is for the big boys. I reside in Eziobodo.
Good morning everyone.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: the fear of my food going sour is preventing me from cooking a thing sad.
Lololol. Eyah! Good morning.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 8:10am On Mar 19, 2013
Muskeeto I'm a perfect cook oo grin
i don't mind being your chatmate btw, even though am not sure how that works tongue

you sure u ain't a pastor? Your understanding of the Word is *adjective loading*

hi everyone smiley Lagos state transport system is most horrible thing since the global depression sad
but notwithstanding i wish you all a splendid day.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: Muskeeto I'm a perfect cook oo grin
i don't mind being your chatmate btw, even though am not sure how that works tongue

you sure u ain't a pastor? Your understanding of the Word is *adjective loading*
bbm? Whatsapp? Not a pastor, though used to be a House fellowship teacher (rccg) smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2013
Me think God's purpose for us is to stand as a representative or ambassador of His Kingdom and to get as much as possible into His Kingdom. God's will reward or judge us based on how much we represented him and we contributed to his kingdom. Morning to everyone here. Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: Yes. Umuchima is for the big boys. I reside in Eziobodo.
Good morning everyone.
Eziobodo is cool y'know, I prefer it cos of the communal/family setting. I just left that GloryLand as they call it..set 2012. Miss the place a lil sha smiley. You should be attending STACC yeah?

Goodday everyone. A brother hasn't been able to connect to his inner man of late, no bible or prayer time 3days now. God help me. Greetings Gem, Tunde, Master Keeto, UJ and Damexsmiley forgive me if i skipped your name ..for the question, don't think I can think up an answer now. it confuses me myself atimes. see y'all aroundsmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:
bbm? Whatsapp? Not a pastor, though used to be a House fellowship teacher (rccg) smiley

whatsapp, haven't joined d blackberry community yet undecided
pm??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
@Anonimous, a sister has been in the same position lately too but she always remembers that God's power is made manifest in our weakness. Lean hard smiley

Rey, how has it been?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hmmmmmm Muskeeto so since you didn't catch a thing on toba's thread you used your own advice? undecided

Hello guys
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hmmmmmm Muskeeto so since you didn't catch a thing on toba's thread you used your own advice? undecided

Hello guys
I didn't quite get you.. How are you?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pls, brothers and sisters, i want d help from pple who are into Hospital Evangelism. thats my God given purpose. Pls pple
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
An0nimus:
Eziobodo is cool y'know, I prefer it cos of the communal/family setting. I just left that GloryLand as they call it..set 2012. Miss the place a lil sha smiley. You should be attending STACC yeah?

Goodday everyone. A brother hasn't been able to connect to his inner man of late, no bible or prayer time 3days now. God help me. Greetings Gem, Tunde, Master Keeto, UJ and Damexsmiley forgive me if i skipped your name ..for the question, don't think I can think up an answer now. it confuses me myself atimes. see y'all aroundsmiley
Yeah, I attend stacc but mainly for study purposes. Lol.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: @Anonimous, a sister has been in the same position lately too but she always remembers that God's power is made manifest in our weakness. Lean hard smiley

Rey, how has it been?
Great! How is the week going?
Good night everyone.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 4:47am On Mar 20, 2013
Greetings, Anonimus.

Tundeiknow, the ish for me is in knowing which part and in what area I'm to contribute.

Muskeeto, I don't think people can learn a skill they didn't have the natural.. abilities/tendencies for in the first place. I feel it's just that they didn't know they had it in them.

Yes, we're all called to spread the knowledge of Christ. But remember that we are the body of Christ and each part has its own role to play. E.g., the eyes and the hands don't have the same function.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 5:04am On Mar 20, 2013
uj_sizzle: I'm still not sure what mine is per se, but i love to get a confirmation or a go ahead from God taking any big step. I also love to believe that if our spirit is in tune with God's spirit, then His spirit will witness to our spirit the will of God for us...so technically, anything God agrees to that we do turns out to be his purpose for us. smiley

I subscribe to this. But the problem is I'm yet to get confirmation from the Holy Spirit. So I'm weary. sad
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2013
ARareGem: Greetings, Anonimus.

Tundeiknow, the ish for me is in knowing which part and in what area I'm to contribute.

Muskeeto, I don't think people can learn a skill they didn't have the natural.. abilities/tendencies for in the first place. I feel it's just that they didn't know they had it in them.

Yes, we're all called to spread the knowledge of Christ. But remember that we are the body of Christ and each part has its own role to play. E.g., the eyes and the hands don't have the same function.
I have known mine for quite sometime now....but I feel like I am not doing my bit in that department.

Good morning house...I feel so outdated this morning.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2013
ARareGem:

I subscribe to this. But the problem is I'm yet to get confirmation from the Holy Spirit. So I'm weary. sad
a quiet time is what you need and be sure to ask for a specific sign smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Hi guys.

Rey, so you're a FUTOite. I was too until early last year. Challenging place to be. And I met some people there that I really miss. How are the exams coming?

About purpose, guys, it's graduated. There is the Grand Purpose that our Father had for creating everything. That Purpose governs His more more specific purpose for each individual child of His which in turn governs the even more specific purpose behind our experiences. One can never know why one is on earth or has been saved until one has learned why God bothered to create anything.

And He created because He wants entities other than Himself to share in His Perfect Life - His eternal joy, satisfaction, activity, beauty, glory etc etc. He's a God of bounty and He is so infinitely rich in all things good and shaeing is His Nature. For this reason, He created a universe that He could share Himself with.

This is the reason that, to cut a long thesis short, He created intelligent beings like man that could refuse to enter fellowship with Him. And the reason why He went to great trouble to make Transformation available to man. The Cross was essentially God's way of opening up that fellowship He intended before creation to man. By it we may come into the real meaning of our existence. Except a man gets in by that door, he is without meaning, definition, purpose in his life. But once a man has, God starts a new creative process from the beginning to make a new man and give him a place in His Grand Scheme.

With faithful cooperation with Father as He works to make a whole new man out of the former rebel, the person in question will continue to receive new tasks that will draw him up more and more into the Ultimate Purpose of his existence. So, little by little, with each obedience, a given believer will get to the point where he receives a career, for instance, to pursue.

There is no way to know what one can do with one's life without following the path of obedience. And this obedience tends to be quite sacrificial in nature. If you would know what to do with your life, do with it what God is leading you to do right now, however stupefying that thing may be to you. If you falter and find yourself in disobedience at any point, pick yourself up, dust off and obey again. That is how you'll find God's career for you (which you must remember is still only one more obedience toward the Big Thing and will be put aside when God's work on you with it is done), God's spouse for you, God's everything for you.

There are no shortcuts, my brothers and sisters. And, in fact, there is no other way nor can there be. It is how I've learned and how believers have been learning since Abel. To help a bit, my work right now is two things: to help make any and every business God brings me into reach the zenith of their productivity and to give to my brothers and sisters what I have received. It took five very difficult years and then some to get here. It cost me a great deal and today, being where I am is still quite a costly experience, but, for each tear, there are twelve pearls. The story is yet in the making and can only be fully told when the One for Whom our hearts yearn returns for us. On that Day, it will be known what I have suffered and what I have gained for persevering as it will for everyone else.

The Purpose that governs is this: God would have sons to express the fullness of Himself through, He would have a universe filled from one end to another with the fullness of His Glory and rejoicing, He would have as many as would trust Him come into complete unhindered fellowship with Him to revel in the power and activity of His Life for all eternity. God would have us become in, with and as Christ the express image of His Glory. Everything not covered by this will only end up as ashes in the mouth.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2013
To my brother and sister who are troubled about their current devotional habits, why are you troubled, do you know?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
@uju: did you get my mail?

@ihe: took you long enough.... tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks @ brother Ihedinobi
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
musKeeto:

@ihe: took you long enough.... tongue

Lol. I knew you missed me tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks @ brother Ihedinobi

I just hope I helped, sis.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I just hope I helped, sis.
yes you did......

House is pretense a sin?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
ARareGem: Greetings, Anonimus.

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 21, 2013
Ihedinobi: Hi guys.

Rey, so you're a FUTOite. I was too until early last year. Challenging place to be.
Seriously! Great alumni! Aluta continua.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 21, 2013
Bro ihedinobi, u are so no point thanks 4 dat.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 1:53am On Mar 21, 2013
Bro Ihe, may God bless you. smiley

Ihedinobi: To my brother and sister who are troubled about their current devotional habits, why are you troubled, do you know?

For me, it was because of the promptings of the HolySpirit which I refuse to heed. I got the shock of my life yesterday afternoon! Those damned witches attacked me- I thought it was the end. I'm grateful to God for bringing me out alive.

My brother and sister, PRAY without ceasing o and abeg, remember me in your prayers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Lame Leaps / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.