Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (836861 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 2:07am On Mar 21, 2013
uj_sizzle:
a quiet time is what you need and be sure to ask for a specific sign smiley

Thanks, sister. But in addition to waiting on the Lord, I shall take one step at a time. smiley

Good morning, house. Here's the thought that just crossed my mind: 'Devil na area boy, but God na Godfather.' cool grin So don't fret, God is in control.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:18am On Mar 21, 2013
ARareGem: Bro Ihe, may God bless. smiley

For me, it was because of the promptings of the HolySpirit which I refuse to heed. I got the shock of my life yesterday afternoon! Those damned witches attacked me- I thought it was the end. I'm grateful to God for bringing me out alive.

My brother and sister, PRAY without ceasing o and abeg, remember me in your prayers.
I wish you could paint a more vivid picture of how it happened...

My people, I salute. Ihe you servin'?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 2:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Vivid?

Well, it was around 3 pm that I decided to take a little nap cos my head ached. I was restless and coupled with the heat (no light as usual), I just kept tossing and turning. I woke up,-I guess I had fallen asleep somehow- looked at the clock, 'twas about 5:30pm and the light had come back. So I decided to rest a few more mins.

The next thing I saw, there was a young woman on top me. She was dark. Had dreads that covered the left part of her face.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 3:02am On Mar 21, 2013
ARareGem: Vivid?

Well, it was around 3 pm that I decided to take a little nap cos my head ached. I was restless and coupled with the heat (no light as usual), I just kept tussing and turning. I woke up,-I guess I had fallen asleep somehow- looked at the clock, 'twas about 5:30pm and the light had came back. So I decided to rest a few more mins.

The next thing I saw, there was a young woman on top me. She was dark. Had dreads that covered the left part of her face.
this is serious. Never experienced it. Was it like real or you woke up to find it was a dream?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 3:03am On Mar 21, 2013
My first reaction was to jump up and ask her how the hell she got into my room, but I couldn't move. She knelt on one knee on the bed and stretched out her left leg over my midsection. I couldn't breathe. I tried pushing her leg off me, but I couldn't. She just stayed there looking at me, saying nothing. I wanted to call out for help from my neighbours, but had no strength.

I could have sworn it was real. It was exactly as my room was, the same smell, same lighting.. But I felt I was dying.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 3:15am On Mar 21, 2013
I started praying weakly. Commanding her to get off me. She didn't even bulge. Man, I felt cold creep up my spine. I began praying in tongues, still nothing. Doubt was crawling into my mind. I was thinking this is it. This is how I'll die. People will break into my room to find me dead. I just continued praying in tongues feebly. I have no idea what happened, but she just suddenly vanished. My eyes opened and it took great effort for me to get up from the bed.

My God! It was frightening.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 3:28am On Mar 21, 2013
When i got up, I could hear my neighbours laughing and talking outside. I could hear music. Before, all i could hear was a quiet gloomy silence. The way that woman just stared at me was.... Anyways, I prayed for a long time in tongues when I finally regained my strength. God is merciful. And He is almighty. smiley

I can't help but think this is how people die in their sleeps..

But the devil is a liar! cheesy No matter what he tried, I still enjoyed the delicious stew I cooked just that afternoon. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
@ Araregem, folks call it 'sisita hlooana' in my language...scary stuff, just dwell on the word dear. Pray at all times, like you said. The devil is a liar

I have to write a prayer request for you.

Blessed day
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 21, 2013
ARareGem: Bro Ihe, may God bless you. smiley

For me, it was because of the promptings of the HolySpirit which I refuse to heed. I got the shock of my life yesterday afternoon! Those damned witches attacked me- I thought it was the end. I'm grateful to God for bringing me out alive.

My brother and sister, PRAY without ceasing o and abeg, remember me in your prayers.

Thank you, sister dear. The Lord keep you too.

First, about your trouble with witches, by virtue of your birth in the House of the Most High, dear sis, you are no longer under the power of that realm. That holds even when you fail and make mistakes and sin. You have within you the Highest Authority in all worlds and heaven itself and He does not share power with Satan. And He is very jealous for His children, more jealous than a human mother or a mother bear. He cares fiercely for His children and never leaves them at the mercy of their failures and thus their enemies even when it seems like He does.

Once, quite recently, a pastor took the trouble of a trip to come and tell me that some people were rousing the powers of hell against me to do this and accomplish that in my life. I was in a very poor spiritual state of health then and was inclined to believe him but there was that witness, even if weak, that kept saying that being seated in Christ Jesus far above every power and authority meant that the very activities of the enemy intended to harm me serve only my good in the end. I went home to the village for the Christmas and left from there to Lagos to start the new work entrusted to me. I haven't wasted time wondering just what Satan is doing and by whose hand because I have a more important task: looking unto Jesus because it is what I see Jesus do that I do.

All these things are Satan's effort to distract your attention from the work of the Lord in you. They have no power to harm you and they know it, but if they can cause you to fear and thus take your eyes off the Lord, then they have done all the harm that they need to do. From then on, you are a slave to your fears however real or imaginary. Remember that the reality of the danger of the storm and mighty waves had nothing to do with Peter walking on the water or sinking, he walked on water because he had his attention on Christ, he sank because he took his attention off Christ. The same holds true here.

It is not more or perhaps more aggressive prayer that you need to command your spiritual environment, it's more of the Lord. And you get more of the Lord by being obedient to the holiest that you know of Him.

About your devotional habits, whatever you do, do not substitute the mechanics of prayer and Bible-reading for actual communion with your Father.

The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you, sis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2013
Reyginus: Seriously! Great alumni! Aluta continua.

Victoria acerta, bro. smiley

Damex333: Bro ihedinobi, u are so no point thanks 4 dat.

I'm glad you were helped. The Lord bless you, brother.

An0nimus:
I wish you could paint a more vivid picture of how it happened...

My people, I salute. Ihe you servin'?

No, my brother. I'm working. In a sense, I'm exempt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
God bless you Ihedinobi for that message smiley.

Raregem, the devil can never harm the children of the Most High. His greatest weapon is Fear and once that seed is planted and allowed to grow it gradually eats its victim.
I've had a similar situation as yours in the past. Sometimes in dreams and others more real than my loaf of bread. It always shook me to the bones, but not again. Not since i discovered the awesome powers of the most high God and my authority as a believer. Today when the devil rears his ugly head, i go on my knees in prayers and afterwards i laugh so hard and tell him his plan is an epic fail..yes cos that's exactly what it is. My faith is immovable and unshakeable, i am powerful beyond measure cos he who dwells in my is the omnipotent and omniscient!
Learn to talk up your spirit when doubts creep in and remember the Word is your most powerful weapon.
Peace sister
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fear and faith....
Prayer, communion and obedience....
Mercy and grace and the Word....

Thanks everyone and good night. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2013
When we hit our lowest point, we're most open to the greatest change and most receptive to grace for strength. Good Morning house. Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2013
Tundeiknow: When we hit our lowest point, we're most open to the greatest change and most receptive to grace for strength. Good Morning house. Shalom

I recall hearing that statement from a certain character in an animated series.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
@uyi d quote is from avatar: legend of korah but modified
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dagr8, Bella, Vicky, Anonimus, Uj Sizzle, Rey, Superbloke, Sunbellar and the entire house what happened to the biblestudy we all talked about?

His word is the light for us, it keeps us from doing stuff, or falling into temptations. If we don't study it as Psalm 1 says, then we may not be strong enough to defeat the enemy.

Blessed weeked btw
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dagr8, Bella, Vicky, Anonimus, Uj Sizzle, Rey, Superbloke, Sunbellar and the entire house what happened to the biblestudy we all talked about?

His word is the light for us, it keeps us from doing stuff, or falling into temptations. If we don't study it as Psalm 1 says, then we may not be strong enough to defeat the enemy.

Blessed weeked btw

I was waiting 4 my OGAS at d top na grin grin grin

Ihedinobi gr8 posts..... wink
BTW where is Bella
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
dagr8:
I was waiting 4 my OGAS at d top na grin grin grin
Who are those?

dagr8: BTW where is Bella
you are supposed to know
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I recall hearing that statement from a certain character in an animated series.
you have good memory mate lol

@HBG
I'm good to go, though I don't know how to go about it.

@all
hi there folkssmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Who are those?

HBG, CFC, UJ, Anonomius,Araregem and d rest

you are supposed to know
Yea...she is fine..thank God
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
An0nimus:
you have good memory mate lol

@HBG
I'm good to go, though I don't know how to go about it.

@all
hi there folkssmiley
we read from Genesis, one chapter a week and then we discuss it?
dagr8:

HBG, CFC, UJ, Anonomius,Araregem and d rest

Yea...she is fine..thank God
lol....CFC ke

M glad Bella is ok, say hi for us will u?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JayTeeA(f): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yipee! Welcm me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:00am On Mar 23, 2013
JayTeeA: Yipee! Welcm me!
yipeeee! Welcome!! Take a sit and relax grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:52am On Mar 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: we read from Genesis, one chapter a week and then we discuss it?

looks great..Genesis is somehow sha for a discussion IMO. We could take turns to share the word? maybe draw a roster? or do it over the weekend?anything one can come up with really. suggestions guys?

JayTeeA: Yipee! Welcm me!
make yourself at home Misssmiley Water?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JayTeeA(f): 8:41am On Mar 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
yipeeee! Welcome!! Take a sit and relax grin grin

I sure wil.. Thnk u
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JayTeeA(f): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2013
An0nimus:

looks great..Genesis is somehow sha for a discussion IMO. We could take turns to share the word? maybe draw a roster? or do it over the weekend?anything one can come up with really. suggestions guys?

make yourself at home Misssmiley Water?

No thnx i'm fyn.. Thnk u..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
Even though he was instrumental in the establishment of The Law; his life and ministry was a work of Grace. Moses was like any other man but sustained by Grace. Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Tundeiknow: Even though he was instrumental in the establishment of The Law; his life and ministry was a work of Grace. Moses was like any other man but sustained by Grace. Shalom
i agree wit u,cos if not by grace, a person that can be termed as a murderer,stammerer, that is controlled by anger,how can he be a prophet, our God is awesome. He made d biggest prosecutor of the followers of Christ, d apostle that worked most. BABA U TOO MUCH. I can go on and on,but i dont want 2 start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
Damex333: i agree wit u,cos if not by grace, a person that can be termed as a murderer,stammerer, that is controlled by anger,how can he be a prophet, our God is awesome. He made d biggest prosecutor of the followers of Christ, d apostle that worked most. BABA U TOO MUCH. I can go on and on,but i dont want 2 start.
do go on if you wish..we need amsmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JayTeeA(f): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
Tundeiknow: Even though he was instrumental in the establishment of The Law; his life and ministry was a work of Grace. Moses was like any other man but sustained by Grace. Shalom

Yep nd dats because He chose 2forsake d riches of egypt 2pursue God.. while d children of israel desired God's hand, moses desired His heart..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JayTeeA(f): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2013

Yeap.. Dat woz because moses forsook d riches of egypt 2pursue God.. While d children of israel sort 4God's hand, moses sort 4his hrt..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by youngdady: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hello house! Happy Sunday all, my first time here. I hope to commune, learn and share the good words of our Lord with you all.

Abeg, make una take am easy with me oooh! I might not be able to quote all those verses you all quote, more like baby christian is what I am but my heart is willing.

I hope I`m welcomed.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.