Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830935 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Sun, August 16, 2020
Topic: The Spirit Life ✝️

The Spirit's Word: For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
I Corinthians 2:11 NKJV

Before the Lord was crucified, He told His disciples that He had many things to tell them which they were not yet mature to receive.
Hence, the promise of the Spirit of Truth who would bring about a revelation and illumination of deeper things. John 16:12-13. The Word and the Holy Spirit is all the believer needs on earth to make good success, prosper, win and overcome in every situation. We can't know this things of God if we are not in sync with the Holy Spirit. It is not enough to have the Word. Your Bible will not profit you without the Holy Spirit. You can't afford to isolate Him, or neglect Him. He takes from Jesus, and shows to us. He came to partner with us in order to glorify Jesus. We are not of the world, hence we acknowledge Him, even though we do not see Him. The world can't receive Him because they are only guided by the five senses. John 14:17. We must be spiritual people with a seeing eye, and a hearing ear. We walk by faith, and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7. We walk and live by every Word of God. Matthew 4:4.

As we are connected to Jesus through salvation, we are one Spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17. Our spirit isn't independent of God's Spirit. How do we touch the things of the Spirit in order to claim or apprehend all that God has for us? Our minds must be renewed by the Word. Romans 12:2. The mind is the bridge between the spirit realm and the physical. Is your mind subject to the spirit, or to the carnal or natural? The more we read, study and meditate on the Word, we ought to be transformed if we continually practice what we behold in it. If we don't do the Word, there is no transformation. This is where the blessing is. James 1:22-25, Joshua 1:8. Jesus told us His Words are spirit and life. John 6:63. Every change starts in the spirit realm, before we see it happen on earth. Hebrews 11:3. To hear the voice of the spirit, we must be conscious of His abiding presence, talk to Him, listen to Him by having quiet times, engage Him in our daily affairs, and give no place to the devil. Ephesians 4:27. If you are living in sin, Satan would be speaking to you more instead, because sin is his environment, and it gives him an edge. Make your ways right, and appropriate the blood. However, we are the righteousness of God through faith in His Name. We must be a people of faith, and His Word, to maximise all that He has for us.

Reminder: God longs to speak to you, and show you great and mighty things. Keep calling on Him, and living the faith life.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Always pray for grace from Christ Jesus Crucified to *finish well in HIM*

"But Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things left behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.”
(Luke 9:62 amp)

There is no reward for *being a starter in the faith of Jesus Christ* but *you did not finish in Christ Jesus Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified*

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
STEWARDSHIP IN CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED:
"Be hospitable to one another without complaint. 10 Just as each one of you has received a special gift [a spiritual talent, an ability graciously given by God], employ it in serving one another as [is appropriate for] good stewards of God’s multi-faceted grace [faithfully using the diverse, varied gifts and abilities granted to Christians by God’s unmerited favor]. 11 Whoever speaks [to the congregation], is to do so as one who speaks the oracles (utterances, the very words) of God. Whoever serves [the congregation] is to do so as one who serves by the strength which God [abundantly] supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified [honored and magnified] through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."
(1 Peter 4:9-11 amp)

We shall one day give account of the *unique gifts* and *graces* of God *particularly given to each human being*
What are you doing with the *unique graces of God upon your life* ?

What are you doing with the *unique gifts of God upon your life* ?

"Therefore, when Christ enters into the world, He says,
“Sacrifice and offering You have not desired,
But [instead] You have prepared a body for Me [to offer];"
(Hebrews 10:5 amp)

"Do you not know and understand that you [the church] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells [permanently] in you [collectively and individually]? 17 If anyone destroys the temple of God [corrupting it with false doctrine], God will destroy the destroyer; for the temple of God is holy (sacred), and that is what you are." (1 Corinthian 3:16-17 amp)

"Run away from sexual immorality [in any form, whether thought or behavior, whether visual or written]. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the one who is sexually immoral sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is within you, whom you have [received as a gift] from God, and that you are not your own [property]? 20 You were bought with a price [you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own]. So then, honor and glorify God with your body." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20 amp)

Our *bodies* are the property/investment of God *given to us* and we shall one day give detailed account of what we do with them.
Our body includes every part of our human body even our minds, free-will, sense organs e.t.c.

What are you doing with your body now ?

"So then, let us [who minister] be regarded as servants of Christ and stewards (trustees, administrators) of the mysteries of God [that He chooses to reveal]. 2 In this case, moreover, it is required [as essential and demanded] of stewards that one be found faithful and trustworthy." (1 Corinthians 4:1-2 amp)

All the knowledge of God that you have acquired from childhood till date from your quiet-time, personal bible studies, general bible studies, gospel-messages, gospel-songs, gospel-movies, homilies, sermons, books, flyers, banners, write-ups, fellowship of the brethren e.t.c shall be accounted for in the presence of God one day....

What are you doing with the knowledge of the mysteries of God that has been revealed to you ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Swinging from speaking God's mind to speaking from the flesh:
The same person swinging from speaking God's correct revelation to speaking fleshly-revelation within some minutes of discussion...

"Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of the living God. Then Jesus answered him, “Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favored by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."
(Matthew 16:16-17 amp)

then.....

"From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples [clearly] that He must go to Jerusalem, and endure many things at the hands of the elders and the chief priests and scribes (Sanhedrin, Jewish High Court), and be killed, and be raised [from death to life] on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside [to speak to Him privately] and began to reprimand Him, saying, “May God forbid it! This will never happen to You.” 23 But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on things of God, but on things of man.”
(Matthew 16:21-23 amp)

pray for grace to be crucified/evacuated of the flesh through the Cross of Jesus Christ as well as daily submission to this power of the Cross for the *free-will which is always alive in any human being biologically alive* to be made *inactive* so that the new creation life of Christ now living inside your mortal-body will both will and be doing his good pleasures consistently and progressively till eternity.....

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me]. 25 For whoever wishes to save his life [in this world] will [eventually] lose it [through death], but whoever loses his life [in this world] for My sake will find it [that is, life with Me for all eternity]. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world [wealth, fame, success], but forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory and majesty of His Father with His angels, and then He will repay each one in accordance with what he has done."
(Matthew 16:24-27 amp)

"And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also]."
(Luke 9:23 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
"For what we preach is not ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves [merely] as your servants (slaves) for Jesus’ sake. For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah). However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves."
(2 Corinthians 4:5-7 amp)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ebhohimhen2: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Please help defend God name and claim he is you lord watch and learn about the nonsense zarik naik said about Jesus
Please help a Christian brother by subscribing to my channel
The video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhl7HawP8w
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Mon, August 17, 2020
Topic: Only With Jesus ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
1 Samuel 17:34‭-‬35 KJV

When we read the Old Testament, a lot of secrets are embedded in it. Most of the New Testament written by Paul, Peter, John and James were taken from the Old, with a modification based on the finished work of Christ. The opening Scripture shows young David, Shepherd of His Father's flock. We are the flock of Jesus, who is our Shepherd and Saviour. Imagine those sheep out there in the wild without the Shepherd close by, they would be easy prey for the lions and bears. We are the sheep, and lambs of Christ. John 21:15-17. Most of us have seen documentaries on wild life, and how these animals prey on the weak ones. Can the biggest sheep stand up to a bear, or a lamb bleat a lion off? It's impossible. Lions and bears speak of demons and evil spirits. Psalm 91:13, 1 Peter 5:8, Daniel 7:5, Revelation 13:2, Proverbs 28:15. We can do nothing against these wicked beings if the Lord is not with us. John 15:5. It is very important we abide in Him, so we can bring forth fruits of victory. Romans 8:37. Jesus will only help you when you remain with Him. Most shepherd's and herdsmen will tell you once a sheep or goat strays, it's open season out there. Have you strayed away from the fold? Cry out to Him now, and He will come to your rescue.

Again, recall the violence that filled the earth before the flood. The giants, which were offsprings of fallen angels and women, began to destroy man out of their wickedness. It's okay to imagine a little of what must have happened. The giants were strong and men of renown, having the fallen nature of devils. Genesis 6:4-5. Obviously, there was oppression. They saw that they were different from man, and wanted to rule over them. Also, there was no way man could meet up with their daily feeding considering their size. The violence must have meant that they killed and cannibalised man for food. If God hadn't sent that flood, only those giants would remain on earth, and man would be long extinct. God's grace found Noah, and his household. That was what preserved humanity up till date. The devil wants to kill and destroy. Only God's grace keeps him at bay. However, we must understand that grace is Jesus Himself, and we ought to abide in Him to be safe, because He is our ark. We abide in Him by letting His Word find expression in us, and through us. The Word is our source, and so, we are preserved thereby. James 1:18.

Reminder: The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Eddyefe(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Good things are rare but is possible
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
"So you, my son, be strong [constantly strengthened] and empowered in the grace that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 2:1 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Tue, August 18, 2020
Topic: Anchor of Hope ✝️

The Spirit's Word: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
Hebrews 6:18‭-‬19 KJV

An anchor is maritime vocab. It is used to keep ships and other sea vessels fixed to a spot, in the face of storms and tides that can run the ship out of position, and course. Hope ensures we're never lost. Hope is a preserver of life. If we understand what hope entails in the kingdom, we'd never be moved. The Word of God validates our hope. It doesn't matter what life throws at us, we must be resolved and affixed on God and His Word. He has said, He will never leave us, nor forsake us. Hebrews 13:6. Without hope, life would be bleak and miserable. Have you noticed despite the problems and ills faced in the world, which can send one into forlorn and depression, we still continue with life. That's because there is hope. Even if it looks hopeless sometimes, never let it get quenched. Hope births life. Hope sustains life and posterity. It is our only consolation. Why is it a consolation? For we are left on earth, being pilgrims, knowing our home is in heaven, and that Jesus will come for us. It is our consolation, because we shall be just like Him on that day of His appearing. 1 John 3:2. Glory to God.

The Bible declares: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1 Peter 1:3. The subsequent verse talks of our inheritance which is in heaven. We must never lose sight of our incorruptible crown that's reserved for us. This is why we mustn't live life like the earth is our home. In all that we do, we must have our eyes and hearts set on the kingdom of God. Many are not ready for it from the way they live on this earth, which will fade away. Amassing wealth, and building vain legacies wasn't what our fathers did. They had their eyes set on heaven, as the world wasn't worthy of them. Hebrews 11:38. When we set our heart to be as comfortable with earthly pleasures, we give off a sign that the earth satisfies us. Peter warmed himself with the world, and so denied Jesus thrice. John 18:18. We must never get mixed or mingled with the things of the world, which is opposed to God. Only a thin line separates those whom the world is not worthy of, and those who make this world their friend. How are you representing your Lord?

Reminder: For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luke 9:26KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
SOME REASON WHY SOME MEN ALWAYS ASK YOU FOR SEX AS A LADY:
I want to change some ladies' mindset today. I am going to be real and down to earth with this article. The way some ladies complain men are always asking them for sex really baffles me. Why sex, why not marriage proposal? Why do men always want to sleep with you? Why is it that every single guy who asks you out is always hitting you for sex? Why won't they marry you unless they have a taste of the forbidden fruit?

1. CHECK YOUR DRESSING: A female body means nothing to her. You are used to seeing your breasts and every soft body part all your life. It doesn't mean a thing to you but to guys it means the universe! Men are moved by sight. Wearing arm-less (exposing your shaved armpit and upper arm) can turn a man on, not to talk of the low neckline exposing the cleavage of your breasts. Tight fitting cloths, which show the shape of your buttock, mini and micro miniskirts exposing your thigh. All these can make a man go wild! Better face reality now and mind the way you dress.

2. LEARN HOW TO SIT: Some ladies don't know how to sit. You sit in front of a guy and open your laps, what do you want him to see? A trance? Yeah, he saw a lot of it! Always close your thigh when you are sitting whether in front of a guy or not. Not sitting very well can become a habit and follow you around. And you wonder why all the brothers in the church want to sleep with you!

3. YOU TOUCH MEN A LOT: Ladies who touch, hug and wrap themselves around guys are sexual magnets to sexually immature guys. Why are you always hugging and pecking, for what? Can't you talk without touching, holding and hugging someone? Some even sit on their friends lap and say it doesn't matter. He is just a brother in Christ. He would soon be a lover in bed. Learn to control your emotions around the opposite sex. Must you hug dear sister, and you need to be careful or else you will end up on the bed and you will be a story to be told in their midst.

4. CALLING MEN PET NAMES: Some people just throw around the word "dear" as if it is a second language! Why would you give all the guys in your life pet names? You say, thanks dear, okay sweetie, see you dearie, bye love, etc., you are looking for serious trouble. Words like this turns a man on.

5. YOU PRAISE MEN TOO MUCH: This shouldn't be a problem at all but experience has taught me that men are attracted and eventually turned on by women who praise them silly! You can complement men if you want to but be discreet and casual about it. Don't over do anything. Telling a guy, whao! What a nice moustache you've got! Or that muscle on your arm can make any lady go crazy for you is indirectly telling him you like his body and wouldn't mind if he sleeps with you.

6. YOU POST SEDUCTIVE PICTURES ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA: When I see the way some ladies pose on Facebook, I wonder what they are really looking for. Why pouting? Do you want him to kiss you? Why turn your buttock to the camera? Do you want him to see how big it is? Why focus on your chest? Do you want him to know you have firm breasts? What is the purpose of the pictures you are posting? I really get worried when I see these pictures.

7. YOU SLEEP AT YOUR FIANCE'S HOUSE: Why are you in a hurry to sleep under the same roof with a man? Why are you in a hurry? What is your problem? Some ladies can't wait for a man to propose. They pack their bags and move to his house immediately. For what? And when that one gets tired of the sex, he sends them packing and we are here listening to all their tales of woe! Some don't even expect their man to ask for sex. Aaah? Show me a monkey who doesn't jump at every sight of banana. You will be addressed the way you dress. If they are always asking you for sex, then Check what is wrong and fix it.
Read and digest.
COPIED!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Wed, August 19, 2020
Topic: Our Inheritance ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Genesis 17:1‭-‬2 KJV

God is in the business of searching for men whose heart is perfect before Him. We do not know how to find God, until He finds us. The Lord told us the disciples He chose was given to Him by the Father.
John 17:24. God found Abram, and made a Covenant with Him at the age of 99 years. Abraham became all that God said he would be because He believed God. Believing God is what it takes to enter into this inheritance that Abraham got from God. Romans 4:20-22. Isaac, being the offspring of that Covenant, is a shadow of the true, which is Jesus. Galatians 3:29. When we come into Christ, we also enter into this inheritance. 1 Corinthians 3:21-22. When we believe God, we would never be put to shame. God always respond to our faith. It's not enough to know this, we must agree with it. We must behave accordingly. We must say the same things by the Spirit of Faith. 2 Corinthians 4:13. Faith is a big deal to God. Hebrews 11:6.

Believing Is staying with God in our heart, mind and body. These translates to our whole being and character representing what God stands for. We trust Him completely. Every action we take, and every speech we give is conceived in the heart where the Holy Ghost dwells. Saying we believe God, and then going to say what is contrary to His Word, or the Covenant package, is calling God a liar. James told us if we offend not in speech, we are perfect. James 3:2. Jesus also told us we would give account for every idle word spoken. Matthew 12:36. It's important we understand what this Covenant entails so we can walk accordingly. This is one reason many believers end up disbelieving the Word, because they don't see the promises materialise on their terms. God is faithful. He didn't lie to us. If we were to go into a contract with a company or contractor, it would be foolish of us not to read the contract terms of agreement before appending our signatures. It's important we read and understand what's required to enter what has been offered. Let's not be lazy believers, but purposeful, intentional and understanding. We have a perfect package in God. Revelation 5:12.

Reminder: Isaac reaped a hundredfold. The same is our portion in Christ. It takes understanding of what it entails, and complying.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
"He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:12 KJV)

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (1 John 4:1-3 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Something on early years of marriage:
1. You just got married doesn't mean it's all going to be fresh - the job starts now!
2. Usually, the most 'difficult' season in marriage are the first few weeks and years; so much rush, so much inexperience.
3. Many people misunderstand the teething problems of a new union as a sign that they made a mistake. WRONG!
4. Most marriages are made or destroyed by how we handle the initial pressure of becoming a couple.
5. Smart singles will expect that the early days of marriage should have bumps and pot holes - they will take a humble heart to marriage.
6. You must decide that whilst the difference of the early days are being sorted, you will trust the intentions of your partner and keep faith in their heart! They are as shocked as you in the process; learn together, do not become a judge!
7. You will cry sometimes because this amazing 'love' you married will not be understood; don't just cry though, pray and ask God for wisdom.
8. One of the error of young couples is to run everywhere seeking solutions from everyone when the solution is in the couple 'growing up and coming of age'.
9. The marriage is simply exposing your 'relational deficiencies' at the early stage so that you can sit back, adjust and enjoy the best!
10. 1, 2 and perhaps 3 years in marriage only lays 'relational foundations'.
Be careful not to end up resentful, in strife or in bitterness. If you allow this to happen, you have simply negatively redefined the rest of your own life - pursue peace at all cost. Be deliberate!
11. At this stage, pray deeply for your partner - they are also 'struggling' to come to terms with 'being married'.
12. As soon as satan successfully installs regret in your heart about the union, the rest of your life is set on the wrong course -demotivation, pain, anger and all other negative emotions will take the center stage!
13. Pause! Every marriage that became enviable was built from scratch by 2 persons who struggled like all of us to understand their difference and to overcome it.
14. Don't give up on your spouse! If you do, the journey will become longer and a lot more painful than you can imagine. Fight for the union!
15. Stop complaining! Welcome to marriage where two adults in love learn to be two adults in union; get to work!
16. It is not gloom and doom, but marriage is where you come to and have to lay your bed the way you want to sleep on it.
17. Choose not to be surprised by what surprised you in marriage! Be ready to learn and be smart. Choose to win and not to get drowned.
18. Make up your mind before going in or now that you are in, decide not to make it difficult for your partner! Consciously decide to be a better person.
19. The early years of marriage are like foundation laying and the other years of the marriage will build on it; do not be ignorant of the devices of the enemy at this time. Anything that pitches you guys against each other is a direct demonic plan to end your union!
#FreshUnion
Your Brother
Ocholi Okutepa
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Yahksbiz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Thu, August 20, 2020
Topic: His Offspring ✝️

The Spirit's Word: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:28 KJV

Think about the reproduction process, there is nothing external that is added from the fertilisation of the sperm to when the baby is fully developed. It is more of development than growth during pregnancy. As such, the baby is called an offspring of the parent. We are also offsprings of God, who has begotten us by the Word of Truth. There is nothing foreign or alien in you who is born again. The opening Scripture summarises the entire life process of man. We live, we move and we have our being in God. God is our source. This is how God sees us. Anything contrary is just a lie of the enemy. Even when you see inconsistencies in your life with that of the divine nature, it's just a mirage. If you would focus on what is real, which is truth, the mirage will eventually fade away. God made us in such a way, that what we align to becomes our reality. He is not forcing anything on us. Recall, Adam and Eve lived in Eden as though they created it. God only came to fellowship with them in the cool of the evening. Genesis 3:8. God, who is all knowing, didn't stop them from getting tempted, nor yielding to it. This is because, He already made man superior to any temptation.

The Word of God is Truth, and it sanctifies us, and separates us from the influence of darkness, and this fallen world. John 17:17. As His offsprings, we have the responsibility of being what He has called us. Being in this world, we are faced with two mirrors. One is the mirror of God's Word, which is light, showing us our true identity and all we have in Christ. The second mirror is a dark mirror filled with all manner of deception, guile, crookedness and faults. It will never give you a true picture of who you are. Have you ever tried using a fractured mirror? It can be frustrating because it shows you a different image, which is a lie. Many are turned to the wrong mirror, and so they can't apprehend all that Christ died to give them. Only a few are turned to the mirror of God's Word continually, which leads them from glory to glory. 2 Corinthians 3:18. The way we have vehicles that defy the law of gravity, even so there are many that defy Satan and his wiles. He can't use anything against the one who is grounded in the truth. Jesus meant what He said, when He told us we shall be free if we knew the truth. John 8:32. Since I found the truth, I watch Satan fall every single time.

Reminder: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Romans 8:37 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
DAILY ⓂANNA

TUESDAY 18TH AUGUST 2020

BETWEEN LAW AND LOVE

TEXT:LUKE 13:11-22

KEY VERSE:
"And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day" (LUKE 13:14).

It is amazing how people have allowed the strict observance of the law to make them miss connection with God and other people. The Pharisees and the Jewish leaders allowed themselves to become so blinded by the letters of the law to the loss of their human feelings and kindness towards others. They prefer to watch people die if helping them will amount to breaking of the law.

Jesus, in our text, was present in their synagogue on a Sabbath day and seeing this poor woman who was in need, He could not hold back reaching out to her. In His love for humanity, He reached out to heal her of her eighteen years' infirmity.

The ruler of the synagogue was however infuriated by this. He preferred that she remained in her bondage than getting healed on a Sabbath day. Jesus, however, saw into his hypocrisy and envy and rebuked him for it.

Jesus teaches that love is the fulfilment of the law. It is sad therefore to see how many of us have allowed the law to hinder us from loving and connecting with people. Many of us have failed to reach out to people with genuine needs because we think that such will amount to breaking human laws we have set for ourselves.

How many seekers have we turned away from our churches because they failed to conform to our perceived understanding of what constitutes proper Christian dressing? How about those we condemn and fail to help just because they do not conform to our denominational practices?

We cannot be more righteous and law abiding than Jesus. He never failed to connect with people who truly needed help. How we need to be like Him! He reached out to the needy and downtrodden instead of being restricted and tied by the dead letters of the law.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Only by love can we fulfil the law.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
JOB 30-34
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Please brethren pray with me today in *Thanksgiving for a new year added to my coming out of my mother's womb* into this world, pray for *grace to fully express the new creation-life of Christ Jesus Crucified dwelling within my mortal-body* and for *the grace to finish well only in Christ*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ufonikoh(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
uracefriend:

Sun, August 16, 2020
Topic: The Spirit Life ✝️

The Spirit's Word: For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
I Corinthians 2:11 NKJV

Before the Lord was crucified, He told His disciples that He had many things to tell them which they were not yet mature to receive.
Hence, the promise of the Spirit of Truth who would bring about a revelation and illumination of deeper things. John 16:12-13. The Word and the Holy Spirit is all the believer needs on earth to make good success, prosper, win and overcome in every situation. We can't know this things of God if we are not in sync with the Holy Spirit. It is not enough to have the Word. Your Bible will not profit you without the Holy Spirit. You can't afford to isolate Him, or neglect Him. He takes from Jesus, and shows to us. He came to partner with us in order to glorify Jesus. We are not of the world, hence we acknowledge Him, even though we do not see Him. The world can't receive Him because they are only guided by the five senses. John 14:17. We must be spiritual people with a seeing eye, and a hearing ear. We walk by faith, and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7. We walk and live by every Word of God. Matthew 4:4.

As we are connected to Jesus through salvation, we are one Spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17. Our spirit isn't independent of God's Spirit. How do we touch the things of the Spirit in order to claim or apprehend all that God has for us? Our minds must be renewed by the Word. Romans 12:2. The mind is the bridge between the spirit realm and the physical. Is your mind subject to the spirit, or to the carnal or natural? The more we read, study and meditate on the Word, we ought to be transformed if we continually practice what we behold in it. If we don't do the Word, there is no transformation. This is where the blessing is. James 1:22-25, Joshua 1:8. Jesus told us His Words are spirit and life. John 6:63. Every change starts in the spirit realm, before we see it happen on earth. Hebrews 11:3. To hear the voice of the spirit, we must be conscious of His abiding presence, talk to Him, listen to Him by having quiet times, engage Him in our daily affairs, and give no place to the devil. Ephesians 4:27. If you are living in sin, Satan would be speaking to you more instead, because sin is his environment, and it gives him an edge. Make your ways right, and appropriate the blood. However, we are the righteousness of God through faith in His Name. We must be a people of faith, and His Word, to maximise all that He has for us.

Reminder: God longs to speak to you, and show you great and mighty things. Keep calling on Him, and living the faith life.
Faithful God
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ufonikoh(m): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
God please have mercy on me
ochibuogwu5:
STEWARDSHIP IN CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED:
"Be hospitable to one another without complaint. 10 Just as each one of you has received a special gift [a spiritual talent, an ability graciously given by God], employ it in serving one another as [is appropriate for] good stewards of God’s multi-faceted grace [faithfully using the diverse, varied gifts and abilities granted to Christians by God’s unmerited favor]. 11 Whoever speaks [to the congregation], is to do so as one who speaks the oracles (utterances, the very words) of God. Whoever serves [the congregation] is to do so as one who serves by the strength which God [abundantly] supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified [honored and magnified] through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."
(1 Peter 4:9-11 amp)

We shall one day give account of the *unique gifts* and *graces* of God *particularly given to each human being*
What are you doing with the *unique graces of God upon your life* ?

What are you doing with the *unique gifts of God upon your life* ?

"Therefore, when Christ enters into the world, He says,
“Sacrifice and offering You have not desired,
But [instead] You have prepared a body for Me [to offer];"
(Hebrews 10:5 amp)

"Do you not know and understand that you [the church] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells [permanently] in you [collectively and individually]? 17 If anyone destroys the temple of God [corrupting it with false doctrine], God will destroy the destroyer; for the temple of God is holy (sacred), and that is what you are." (1 Corinthian 3:16-17 amp)

"Run away from sexual immorality [in any form, whether thought or behavior, whether visual or written]. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the one who is sexually immoral sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is within you, whom you have [received as a gift] from God, and that you are not your own [property]? 20 You were bought with a price [you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own]. So then, honor and glorify God with your body." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20 amp)

Our *bodies* are the property/investment of God *given to us* and we shall one day give detailed account of what we do with them.
Our body includes every part of our human body even our minds, free-will, sense organs e.t.c.

What are you doing with your body now ?

"So then, let us [who minister] be regarded as servants of Christ and stewards (trustees, administrators) of the mysteries of God [that He chooses to reveal]. 2 In this case, moreover, it is required [as essential and demanded] of stewards that one be found faithful and trustworthy." (1 Corinthians 4:1-2 amp)

All the knowledge of God that you have acquired from childhood till date from your quiet-time, personal bible studies, general bible studies, gospel-messages, gospel-songs, gospel-movies, homilies, sermons, books, flyers, banners, write-ups, fellowship of the brethren e.t.c shall be accounted for in the presence of God one day....

What are you doing with the knowledge of the mysteries of God that has been revealed to you ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:31am On Aug 21, 2020
Ufonikoh:
God please have mercy on me
Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:31am On Aug 21, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
Please brethren pray with me today in *Thanksgiving for a new year added to my coming out of my mother's womb* into this world, pray for *grace to fully express the new creation-life of Christ Jesus Crucified dwelling within my mortal-body* and for *the grace to finish well only in Christ*
Amen. Thanks brethren. I appreciate your prayers and expressions of love. May the God of all Glory and Grace continue to uphold you in His mercy, grace, love and salvation in Christ Jesus Crucified consistently and progressively till the end through the unlimited manifestations of His Holy Spirit in Jesus Name. Amen. Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Fri, August 21, 2020
Topic: Spirit of all spirits ✝️

The Spirit's Word: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of all other spirits, whether good or bad. God is the Father of spirits. Hebrews 12:9. He made all things. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the only uncreated beings. So, all other spirits are birthed by the Holy Spirit. It's sad so many rebelled, and are now known as evil spirits, such as fear. The good news is that we have the Spirit of all spirits dwelling in us, Who is working out all things for our good. 1 Corinthians 2:9. For every evil in the world, there is a good which is far greater than the evil. Good existed before evil, and so, we can call it the original while the evil is the fake. Both are not equal in any way. We must see this as true, and the enemy begins to lose ground in our lives. God has given us the Holy Ghost, Who manifests as the Spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. This shows us God gives us so much more for every evil, because He wants us perfectly whole just like our resurrected Lord. Timidity, phobias, anxieties, stress, worry, terror, perplexity, doubt, torment and the fear of man, are not from God. They are all rooted in this spirit of fear that has been, even from the days of Adam and Eve, in the garden of Eden. Genesis 3:10.

We must all magnify God in our hearts and eyes for Him to be GOD in our lives. When we do, these small spirits that only mean harm would be a child's play. What we magnify becomes as large as we magnify it. The enemy knows this, and so he is after our minds. If he can gain control over our minds, it's so easy for him to cause all manner of havoc within and around us. Fear has crippled many destinies. Fear isn't normal. Don't tell people, '' I'm a shy person''. It is not gentleness. They are two different things entirely. One is a fruit of the spirit, the other is an element of fear. Fear has caused many heart attacks than you can imagine. Anything that makes you panic, and sweat, and you lose your sense of reasoning can't be from God, neither is it natural. Reject it by affirming the opening Scriptures constantly. Cast out that spirit of fear tormenting your life, and allow the Holy Spirit help you become all you were destined to be in life. When you apply this truth that you have the Spirit of all spirits in you, no evil spirit can gain mastery over you. All you need to do is become conscious of the greater One, and speak His Word.

Reminder: Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4. In the Name of Jesus, spirit of fear, get out of my life.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
"The Lord will command His loving-mercy and grace in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life."
(Psalm 42:8 )
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith." (Philippians 3:8-9)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 2:52am On Aug 22, 2020
DAILY ⓂANNA

SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST,2020

FINISH WELL!

TEXT:2 CHRONICLES 20:31-37

KEY VERSE:
"And after this did Jehoshaphat king of Judah join himself with Ahaziah king of Israel, who did very wickedly" (2 CHRONICLES 20:35).

History has records of several men and women who had wonderful sum of accomplishments at the beginning of their lives but ended with one shameful blemish or the other. They are like sprinters who start off strong in a race only to stumble close to the finish line. All these go to prove that though starting well matters, finishing well and strong is more important.

King Jehoshaphat had the record of being one of Judah's most successful kings. He was able to rally the nation back to God, carried out some reforms and led the nation out in faith against strong and powerful nations in battle.

But as the story of his life ends in our passage today, it concluded with a dent in his character. He got into alliance with the ungodly King Ahaziah in a business deal. God demonstrated His displeasure against this ungodly and unequal yoke by causing the business to suffer a serious damage and to fail.

Christians ought to be more careful with their lives, especially at a time when they seemed to have reached the peak of their career. The tendency at such time is to relax, take off the guard and become less careful. It is at such times that the devil often takes advantage to sneak in and deal a damaging blow.

God does not permit at the end of our lives the things He forbids at the beginning. If He condemned unequal yoke, worldliness, divorce, etc., at the beginning, He still does today and will do till the end of the race.

It will be so unfortunate and very tragic if at a time that we are very close to the finishing line of our race, we allow ourselves to fumble and stumble. This will rubbish all the good records we have and the effort we have put into the race. Therefore, stay on your guards. Keep your convictions strong. Avoid compromise and do not give in to ungodly associations.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It is not enough to start well; it is more important to end well.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
PSALM 11-18
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 2:54am On Aug 22, 2020
DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY

HIGHER EVERYDAY: (A DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR YOUTHS)

SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST,2020

LIFTED THAT WE MAY LIVE

TEXT:NUMBERS 21:4-9

MEMORY VERSE:

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (JOHN 3:14, 15).

What a paradox, that life should come only through death! The Jews schemed, plotted ceaselessly until they had their way, as it seemed, to eliminate their prime enemy, Jesus Christ, through crucifixion.

Interestingly, they were too blinded by hate, borne out of their depraved hearts, to perceive the divine wisdom that underpinned the entire process. The Bible records, "...had they known it (God's wisdom), they would not have crucified the Lord of glory (1 Corinthians 2:7, cool.

Providentially, Jesus died to remove the three types of deaths: spiritual, physical and eternal. Methuselah lived for 969 years, the longest by any human being, but still died physically. When anyone goes into sin, he or she dies spiritually, and if there is no repentance before dying physically, the person goes into eternal death. However, Jesus died to save humanity from sin and its consequences, including death.

Our deliverance from inbred sin and committed sins, is only possible as we put our faith in Christ and the finished work on the Cross of Calvary. Jesus only gives eternal life. Received Him now.

QUOTE:
Jesus died to remove the three types of deaths.

CHALLENGE:
Wouldn't you look up to Jesus today?

PRAYER:
Help me, Lord, to look up and live.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 3:00am On Aug 22, 2020
DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY

(SINCERE MILK: Children's Daily Devotional Guide 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣)

SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST 2020.

HOLD MY HAND

ISAIAH 41:11-13

Key Verse:
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee" (Isaiah 41:13).

It is very common, in every culture, to see parents or elderly ones holding the hands of their little children while walking along a path or crossing the road. Sometimes, you see children ignorantly resisting offers of help. Have you ever paused to find out the reasons for such behaviour?

Children are fearful and think somebody will hurt them. Some of the people around them are wicked. Reckless drivers are all over on the roads. Many bad things are happening in the world today. Finally, most children don't even know their way, they easily get lost without a guide.

In our text, God has promised to hold the right hand of His children. He is aware of the seen and unseen forces, the evils and the wicked practices around us. You hear of mass shooting, kidnapping, rape, natural disasters, robberies and hunger. These things make you afraid.

But God is the best Helper, Deliverer and Guide. Today, allow the Lord to hold your hands as you turn away from every sin and commit your life to His care.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, protect me from all harm.

Further Reading
Psalm 23:1-6
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Sat, August 22, 2020
Topic: Adversary Dethroned ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 12:9 KJV

The above Scripture is borne out of the complete work of Jesus. He defeated Satan and unseated him in the heavenlies. Satan used to have so much authority over the earth and lives of men. However, the truth of the matter is that he lost the battle to the King of Kings, who overthrew him by the atoning blood that is forever speaking for as many that believe. Romans 5:11, Hebrews 12:24. Notice what was said about him in the scripture we read - that deceived the whole world. This is the foundation of all his works. With deception, he earned himself a kingdom of darkness. But glory be to God for the Lamb of God has prevailed. Revelation 5:5. We should no longer fear the devil. A child of God has authority over him. Luke 10:19. Whatever we allow or disallow is what Heaven sanctions. We must know what to allow and disallow. Matthew 18:18. Learn to use your authority against the works of darkness. Satan is an unrepentant rebel. He is still trying to deceive as many that are ignorant, and he will have his way as long as you let him. Hosea 4:6.

Jesus gave us the Holy Ghost, power, authority, His Name, Blood, and the heavenly hosts of Holy angels in order to completely keep the enemy under. How many of these keys have you been walking in or operating in your life? It takes faith to operate them. Defeat on this side of life is only tied to ignorance. Many of the problems the enemy causes on earth starts from believing his lies. He can't go on with his wickedness when we use the truth against him. Jesus has given us an authentic weapon that is valid forever, which is His Word. Matthew 24:35, Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17. Satan doesn't have a choice, because the Word also gave birth to Him. All things were created by the Word. John 1:1-3. Everything created by God has ear for the Word. It doesn't matter if it's animate or inanimate, the Word is the final authority. Don't live life based on feelings, and circumstances that surround you. Let the Word be your reality even if it takes forever to materialise. You have no better option.

Reminder: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Hebrews 2:14‭-‬15 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
IF GOD DID NOT SPARE HIS SON ?

"He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?"
(Romans 8:32 NKJV)

If Abbah Father did not spare His Only Begotten Son from the gruesome death on the Cross of Calvary and the eternal punishment of hell-fire in order to give human beings salvation, what makes you think/presume *salvation in Christ Jesus Crucified* is optional ?

Why would God go through such gruesome process to save mankind and yet people still take salvation in Christ Jesus for granted or those who have believed are still playing with the flesh/sinful-attractions/sinful-appearances as if it is a joke ?

If God did not spare His only Son the torments of eternal hell-fire, will those who have believed before, misused grace and returned to the vomit of their flesh/sinfulness without repentance unto death be spared of eternal damnation ?

If God did not spare His only Son the horrible pains of hell-fire that made Him to cry "My God, My God why have you forsaken me..." will He spare those in other religion who are hearing about *God's grace* of redeeming mankind *only found* in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and yet reject this goodnews even till their biological death ?

Repent from sin(unbelief in Jesus Christ Crucified) and believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, resurrected and Glorified because the kingdom of God is near at hand (Mark 1:14-15)

Are you convicted as a sinner by the Holy Spirit through this message and you want to receive Jesus Christ into your life now ?

Declare this prayer commitment:
Father, I come to you now because I agree that I am a sinner, I ask you to forgive all my sin because of the death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ, receive me as your child, fill me with your Holy Spirit and grace that will sustain me within your presence till the end in Jesus Name. Amen.

If the Holy Spirit convicted you and you made this decision/commitment, you are welcome to the Family of God. Get a holy bible(hardcopy/softcopy), start studying it while asking the Holy Spirit to give you revelation of Jesus Christ who is now the new life that you are carrying within your mortal-body, meet people around you who have been Christians before you and request to do bible studies with them, join any fellowship/church close to you where *Jesus Christ Crucified alone is preached from the holy bible as the only means of human salvation*, make yourself regularly available for bible studies and always ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ new covenant teachings to you.

If you are convinced that we can mutually encourage each other’s faith, you can send me an inbox message on any of my social media handle.

Abbah Father, only you can draw men to Jesus hence we ask for your grace that releases the revelation of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified upon all human beings in our generation beyond what we can preach/write/think/pray/imagine in Jesus Name. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.