Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,015 members, 7,956,756 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (878604 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
"Then the apostles and the elders, with the consent of the whole church, decided to choose men from among their members and to send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They sent Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leaders among the brothers, 23 with the following letter: “The brothers, both the apostles and the elders, to the believers of Gentile origin in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, greetings. 24 Since we have heard that certain persons who have gone out from us, though with no instructions from us, have said things to disturb you and have unsettled your minds, 25 we have decided unanimously to choose representatives and send them to you, along with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 who have risked their lives for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to impose on you no further burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from fornication. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

30 So they were sent off and went down to Antioch. When they gathered the congregation together, they delivered the letter. 31 When its members read it, they rejoiced at the exhortation. 32 Judas and Silas, who were themselves prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the believers. 33 After they had been there for some time, they were sent off in peace by the believers to those who had sent them. 35 But Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, and there, with many others, they taught and proclaimed the word of the Lord." (Acts. 15:22-35 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2021
Come and Surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ Crucified :

"Jesus answered and said unto him, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said unto Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:3-6 )

Are you born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

What does it mean to be born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

1. Hear and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified.

2. Become convicted as a sinner because you inherited sin's nature(the flesh) from Adam and your own personal sins by the Holy Spirit through the gospel that you heard.

3. Repentance from sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

4. Believe in Jesus Christ death and resurrection as your own remission/atonement for sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

5. Decide to live only in obedience to Jesus Christ teachings by praying for the release of God's mercy and grace from His throne of Grace each day and moments of your life even as you engage in personal daily bible studies and fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

6. Submit to water baptism by immersion(In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 6:3-4) if you have not been baptized according as Jesus was baptized before now as an outward sign of the new creation life that you have received in Christ.

ARE YOU READY TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED NOW ?

Repent from your sin inside your heart now, accept that you are a sinner in the eyes of God, ask JESUS CHRIST to wash you with His Precious Blood shed on the Cross of Calvary and ask Him to receive you into His kingdom and fill you with His Holy Spirit through the name of Jesus. This can be done by saying this prayer and declarative words of salvation
thus
"Father, I come to you now recognizing that I am a sinner, I ask you to save my soul by the effects of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection, receive me as your SON and fill me with your Holy Spirit Power to sustain me till the end in your holiness in Jesus name. Amen".

Then you can join any fellowship that *preaches CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED ALONE* close to your neighborhood so that you will ask them to baptize you with water and join them to grow your NEW LIFE/FAITH in JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED daily through daily personal bible studies and quiet-time with the Holy Spirit.

On your own, you can get a holy bible then start reading it so that you will have more revelational knowledge about JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED who is now YOUR NEW LIFE especially from the New testament, you can start from the Gospel according to St. Matthew, few verses each day like Matthew 1:1-17 for the first day, 2nd day Matthew 1:18-25; OR John 1:1-5, John 1:6-10, John 1:11-18 e.t.c.

Each time before you open the holy bible to study; ask the Holy Spirit to reveal JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED FRESH INTO YOUR HEART thus
"Father, fill me with your Holy Spirit baptism of Power and Fire *new/fresh* and mix your written word with faith in my heart even as I study each word and sentence now and any other time I remember it in my heart in Jesus name. Amen".
If you have more questions then you can inbox me or ask any Christian around your neighborhood.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to set a man against his father,
and a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36 and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household.

37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it."
(Matthew 10:34-39 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
"Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow. 8 *If you sow to your own flesh(ungodliness), you will reap corruption(eternal death in hell-fire) from the flesh*; but *if you sow to the Spirit(lifestyle of the Holy Spirit and fruits of the Holy Spirit), you will reap eternal life from the Spirit*. 9 *So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, "if we do not give up".* 10 So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith." (Galatians 6:7-10 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
"And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying: Lord, the devils also are subject to us in thy name.

18 And he said to them: I saw Satan like lightning falling from heaven.

19 Behold, I have given you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and upon all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall hurt you.

20 But yet rejoice not in this, that spirits are subject unto you; but rejoice in this, that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:17-20)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2021
"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth.

19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world." (Matthew 28:18-20)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2021
"Paul went on also to Derbe and to Lystra, where there was a disciple named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer; but his father was a Greek. 2 He was well spoken of by the believers in Lystra and Iconium. 3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him; and he took him and had him circumcised because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. 4 As they went from town to town, they delivered to them for observance the decisions that had been reached by the apostles and elders who were in Jerusalem. 5 So the churches were strengthened in the faith and increased in numbers daily." (Acts. 16:1-5 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:29am On Feb 28, 2021
“Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42 and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.” (Matthew 10:40-42 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2021
"As they went from town to town, they delivered to them for observance the decisions that had been reached by the apostles and elders who were in Jerusalem. 5 So the churches were strengthened in the faith and increased in numbers daily." (Acts. 16:4-5 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
THE POWER OF GRACE FROM JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED OVER SINFUL LIVING:

Anybody who commits sin is a slave to sin
and does not have a permanent position in the family of God

"Jesus answered them, “Very truly, I tell you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin. 35 The slave does not have a permanent place in the household(family of God/Heaven); the son has a place there forever." (John 8:34-35)

hence before we sin, the Holy Spirit inside us tells us not to sin and helps us to choose a different decision that will please GOD but most times; we ignore HIS VOICE AND GO AHEAD with our sinful desires/temptations from the devil

thus

"No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

The grace of the Holy Spirit within us teaches us how to say no to sin, say no to worldly desires, say yes to holiness, say yes to righteousness, say yes to self-control each second in our hearts in this world and remain holy till eternity thus

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all, 12 training us to renounce impiety and worldly passions, and in the present age to live lives that are self-controlled, upright, and godly," (Titus 2:11-12)

"Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, 9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
(2 Cor 12:8-9)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Lawrence24(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2021
Quality Prayer
March 1
Matthew 6:7, 'But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.'

MATTHEW 6:5-8
Some of the most effective prayers are the shortest prayers. Jesus said, 'Peace, be still,' and the wind and the waves ceased (Mk. 4:39). He said, 'Lazarus, come forth,' and Lazarus came back from the dead (Jn. 11:43-44).

Today, there is a new emphasis on the quantity of prayer instead of the quality of prayer. Jesus never advocated long prayers, and there are only a few instances where Jesus prayed long prayers. This is not to say that communion with God is not important. It certainly is, but formal prayer is only one part of our communion with the Lord.

Psalm 5:1-2 uses the words 'prayer' and 'meditation' interchangeably. Therefore, communing with God through keeping your mind stayed on the things of the Lord is also prayer. There are also times in prayer when we need to be still and know that God is God (Ps. 46:10).

Many times we ask the Lord to speak to us, but He can't get a word in 'edge-wise.' We're doing all the talking.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2021

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
"Whom have I in heaven but you(Jesus Christ Crucified)?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than you(Jesus Christ Crucified; My Redeemer).
My flesh and my heart may fail, but GOD(Abbah My Father) is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Amen." (Psalm 73:25-26 NRSV)

Abbah Father, may you be the desire and satisfaction of our hearts in this month of march 2021 through the Power of Your Holy Spirit in Jesus name. Amen.

Have a Spirit-Filled Month of March 2021 Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
"They went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. 7 When they had come opposite Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them; 8 so, passing by Mysia, they went down to Troas. 9 During the night Paul had a vision: there stood a man of Macedonia pleading with him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 When he had seen the vision, we immediately tried to cross over to Macedonia, being convinced that God had called us to proclaim the good news to them."
(Acts 16:6-10 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
"Now when Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and proclaim his message in their cities." (Matthew 11:1 NRSV)

After we have been taught by Jesus Christ Crucified inside our heart through quiet-time then we can have the appropriate word of God to share with other people that will *reveal Christ and Him Crucified alone to the hearts of men* by the Power of the Holy Spirit *not just from head-knowledge*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
THE HOLY SPIRIT DIRECTS OUR STEPS DURING EVANGELISM:
"They went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. 7 When they had come opposite Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them; 8 so, passing by Mysia, they went down to Troas. 9 During the night Paul had a vision: there stood a man of Macedonia pleading with him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 When he had seen the vision, we immediately tried to cross over to Macedonia, being convinced that God had called us to proclaim the good news to them."
(Acts 16:6-10 NRSV)

Even though the gospel is meant for all creation *but at each point of time; there are specific persons or cities or nations that the Holy Spirit wants us to deliver the message and there are those He does not yet want us to share the GOSPEL WITH* because He the Holy Spirit is *the number-1 sharer of the GOSPEL while we human beings(believers) are the number-2 sharers of the GOSPEL hence He goes ahead to prepare the hearts of men for the gospel making them RIPE for the harvest then sends us *later to them and when we speak; He accompanies His words from our mouths with signs and wonders which primarily yields genuine harvest of repentance from sin and salvation in Christ Jesus Crucified alone*

hence we have no reason to boast that we convert people by our eloquence or fasting or prayers or righteousness or power or miracles or theology or dogma or drama or demonstrations

but we give glory to HIM whose mercy and grace alone saves the heart of men from sin to salvation in Christ Jesus Crucified
thus
"For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

16 So it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God who shows mercy." (Romans 9:15-16 NRSV)

AND

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are what he has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life." (Ephesians 2:8-10 NRSV)

GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:01am On Mar 02, 2021
Did you see Hebrews 1 verse-9 saying "You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions" ?

which means anybody who believes in Jesus is also a SON and can only be called a SON/BELIEVER if he/she LOVES HOLINESS, MANIFESTS HOLINESS AND HATES SINFULNESS/WICKEDNESS CONSISTENTLY AS WELL AS PROGRESSIVELY ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 3:32am On Mar 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
Is anybody angry with GOD because of your present, past or perceived future ?

"Jesus said 'blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me(GOD-HEAD).”
(Matthew 11:6 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
Is anybody angry with GOD because of your present, past or perceived future circumstances ?

"Jesus said 'blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me(GOD-HEAD).”
(Matthew 11:6 NRSV)

though the human body or parts of human body may be weak with infirmity or afflictions

BUT

"It is the SPIRIT that QUICKENETH; the *flesh profiteth nothing*: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE." (John 6:63 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by benzyluv(m): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2021
PFN Elects Bishop Wale Oke as President

Nigeria_News

Juwel Peter in Enugu

The President and founder of The Sword of The Spirit Ministries International, with headquarters in Ibadan, Bishop Francis Wale Oke has emerged President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN). The AbujaCityJournal can authoritatively confirm.

Oke, who was until this evening the Deputy National President of PFN was elected unopposed at the organisation’s ongoing national conference in Enugu. He succeeds Rev. Dr. Felix Omobude.

For over thirty years, Dr. Wale Oke has conducted mass crusades all over Nigeria with crowds of hundreds of thousand people in a single service.

He also conducts a prayer and intercession programme at the Federal Capital Territory Abuja Nigeria tagged The Nigeria Turning Point, this programme has brought millions of people together to pray for the peace and prosperity of Nigeria.

He hosts a daily broadcast on Nigeria national radio and television stations FRCN and NTA, Ibadan. He is the founder of the International Bible College of Ministries and Seminary (IBCOMS).

https://abujacityjournal.com/news.php?uin=acj0203214295

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by benzyluv(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2021
LT26 | Atheist, Theist, Agnostic? —Believer.

Part 1

The Stillborn?

I of all persons should have known that man is not purposeless on earth; that God truly knew us from the womb and called us. But I guess we sometimes choose to deny obvious things in our lives whenever it feels convenient to do so.

The story of my birth is a dramatic one: A picture of the dead being raised to life again; given a second chance at life – a life that’s not theirs to live [as they want]. My parents were told that the child being carried was dead – it would be still-born; and the most logical thing to do was to carry out an abortion to remove the decaying organism.

This process went according to plan. But the twist in the plot came when I was found to be breathing. Now this is no time to berate medical practice for their misdiagnosis because in actual fact, my body was decaying – I have some marks of that to this day. I would later have a plastic surgery to correct some of these anomalies. I don’t mean here to sound petty, but I would later learn that the surgeon died barely a week after conducting that procedure. I was told that one role he had in life was to give me a chance at a normalised life – he did his part and signed out of this world. I therefore must see clearly that God had put him in place to help me get this far with life.

Growing Up

I grew up feeling very effeminate. If the cause of this was that I was groomed by a lot of aunts and my mum; or that the manly figure in the family was working from a distance to maintain us – I don’t know and it doesn’t matter.

I thought very little of this until I stepped into higher classes at Primary School and I became the taunt of the “manly boys.” For the first time, I couldn’t accept myself as I was and there is no doubt to a purposeful life than the thought that there is a fundamental emotional or psychological error in ones composition. In my case, it had me raising questions: What have I done wrong; did God make a mistake; was I inadequate; was such a life worth living anyways? Questions turned into doubt about God’s creative ability; then anger brewed! Rage formed within me for all who taunted and I spent time hating going to school more than concentrating on the issues at hand.

Mind battles: down the lane of corruption

A moment came in my growth process when I used to hang out with my uncle to watch late-night Nollywood movies. One can, of course, imagine that a child of 7 had acquainted himself with the popular thematic issues of rape, adultery, ‘cheating’, and romance for which the industry was famed for. Then I noticed how much I loved the coziness that those intimate TV scenes created within me and there was the beginning of the end of sexual innocence and the start down a terrible road of years of masturbation. I would never realize early enough that doing things to change our perceptions in front of people to gain the favour of men, could lead down roads of disasters and irrecoverability.

At school, I could not perform well in my academics. If I looked at the board, I was almost seeing through the teachers’ clothes. To make matters worse, I could even fantasize about female and male teachers. And to think that this is what it meant for a child to do things men did! In class results, I had a consistent position/grade among the second tier of 10 and our class sizes were not large. I then began to think (and seriously too) that my brain was dysfunctional.

Strangely enough, I carried on with my movie nights; with watching music channels and doing all the things DSTV premium could give the viewer. I had a fun experience with growth and grooming: I spent a lot of time at my Uncle’s. He was a legislator and lived in a large house; there was stable power; the freedom of DSTV; the pleasure of not having him around till late at night; the vast network of people to help with chores; the air of aristocracy. Without anyone to regulate me, my viewing interest became gravely corrupted.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
All those who believe in Jesus Christ Crucified are SONS/EQUAL-MATES whether the Holy Spirit calls them to marriage or celibacy hence NO BELIEVER IS A GRAND-SON OR HAS LOWER-ANOINTING OR UNHOLY BECAUSE OF MATRIMONIAL SEXUAL INTIMACY

thus “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:12-13 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
THE POWER OF CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED AT WORK IN A BELIEVER:

Things you must know about the Spiritual Power ( The Power of God )

Walking, running, moving by car, aircraft, rocket etc are all means of getting to one's destination but the FASTEST is rocket, why Because of the propelling force of the engine (mainly).

The level of the Power of God at work in you determines how FAST you get the manifestation of your utterances and prayers.

Today we have many who are TALKING but very FEW men of Power.

The place of Power in the kingdom matters can never be overemphasized because every kingdom is recognized and respected according to the measure of its prevailing Power.

One of the easiest things to do in Christianity is to talk about God, post things on the internet, preach, teach and quote bibles but the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in Power. 1 Cor 4:20

When you see Jesus command things and they submitted and obeyed it is not only Faith, He returned from the wilderness with Great Power, Luk 4:14,18-19, Acts 10:38

The Power was so much that It soaked the whole of His Garment, hence people can touch Him and contact it, Mk 5:29-30, Luk 6:18-19,

Whenever God gives a command everything obeys and submits, why? Because of the greatness of His Power not faith only Ps 66:3.

If the enemies of God obey Him because of His Great Power how do you think they will submit to you when you don't have enough power?

In fact, it is your Spiritual Power that gives force and strength to your faith.

As the force from engine propels rocket so the power at work in you propels your faith.

Don't think you are faithful to God now or walking in holiness until you contact great Power.

This is when the kingdom of darkness will let loose, then your loyalty and Faithfulness to God would be tried and tested.

About the Power of God

The Bible says that this Power is exceedingly Great. it is called Mighty Power Eph 1:19, Ps 66:3

Eph 3:20 says that this Power can do far exceedingly and abundantly above all we can think or imagine

Eph 1:19, 3:20 says that this Power is at work IN us, it is not dormant.

Eph 3:16, says the HolySpirit releases this Power into our spirit.

1Cor 1:24, says that Christ in us is this Power.

Acts 1:8, says that whoever that's baptized in the HolyGhost has received this Power.

The strength and measure of this Power at work in us determines the level of obedience we can command from the kingdom of darkness and forces of nature.

When evil spirits are behind a problem, you MUST will or release Power stronger than theirs before they would lose their hold and grips from that matter and you get results.

This is what we call casting out demons (Deliverance ministry). It's not for special people, any believer with enough Spiritual Power can do it.

It is just that those who have it as their special calling are supported by the sovereignty of God. They do it without much effort.

When forces or law of nature is behind a problem, you MUST will or release a stronger Power that would bypass the law of nature before you get results.

This is what we call signs, wonders and miracles. Any believer that has the commensurate Power can do it.

The bible says that Stephen full of Grace and Power worked great signs and wonders.

All that pertains to life and godliness has been granted unto us by His Divine Power, what we need is to ENFORCE their manifestation through the Power of the HolySpirit at work in us.

Whatever you are enjoying in Christ now is the measure of the Power at work in you that is releasing.

You can enjoy greater things if you grow in Power or lose some of them if you weaken in Power.

All these are Grace of God because the Power entered in us not by our works but the finished works of Jesus, hence no man can boast no matter the level of Power you are operating with.

Finally, what determines how fast you get answers or results from your utterance or prayers is the strength or measure of the Power of God at work in you.

If you pray or speak without getting results, it means that the Power you are releasing is not strong enough, hence you need to grow in the Power of God.

How can we grow in Power, Jesus will tell more.
....................Chidiebele Nwosu...........................
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
"As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to look at? A reed shaken by the wind? 8 What then did you go out to see? Someone dressed in soft robes? Look, those who wear soft robes are in royal palaces. 9 What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written,
‘See, I am sending my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.’
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women no one has arisen greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John came; 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 Let anyone with ears listen!
16 “But to what will I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to one another,
17 ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon’; 19 the Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds."
(Matthew 11:7-19 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2021
"Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
"After Paul and Silas had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three sabbath days argued with them from the scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Messiah to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This is the Messiah, Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you.” 4 Some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women. 5 But the Jews became jealous, and with the help of some ruffians in the marketplaces they formed a mob and set the city in an uproar. While they were searching for Paul and Silas to bring them out to the assembly, they attacked Jason’s house. 6 When they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some believers before the city authorities, shouting, “These people who have been turning the world upside down have come here also, 7 and Jason has entertained them as guests. They are all acting contrary to the decrees of the emperor, saying that there is another king named Jesus.” 8 The people and the city officials were disturbed when they heard this, 9 and after they had taken bail from Jason and the others, they let them go." (Acts 17:1-9 NRSV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2021
"Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you." (Luke 10:19 AMP)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2021
"Now the brethren at once sent Paul and Silas away by night to Beroea; and when they arrived, they entered the synagogue of the Jews.

11 Now these [Jews] were better disposed and more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they were entirely ready and accepted and welcomed the message [concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God] with inclination of mind and eagerness, searching and examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

12 Many of them therefore became believers, together with not a few prominent Greeks, women as well as men.

13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica learned that the Word of God [concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God] was also preached by Paul at Beroea, they came there too, disturbing and inciting the masses.

14 At once the brethren sent Paul off on his way to the sea, but Silas and Timothy remained behind.

15 Those who escorted Paul brought him as far as Athens; and receiving instructions for Silas and Timothy that they should come to him as soon as possible, they departed." (Acts. 17:10-15 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2021
"At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and I acknowledge openly and joyfully to Your honor], that You have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned, and revealed them to babies [to the childish, untaught, and unskilled].

26 Yes, Father, [I praise You that] such was Your gracious will and good pleasure.

27 All things have been entrusted and delivered to Me by My Father; and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Son except the Father, and no one fully knows and accurately understands the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son deliberately wills to make Him known.

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and [s]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

30 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne."
(Matthew 11:25-30 AMPC)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Be Holy, God Is Holy / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.