Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830813 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2021
"Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up)." (Luke 18:1 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2021
Come and Surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ Crucified :

"Jesus answered and said unto him, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said unto Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:3-6 )

Are you born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

What does it mean to be born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

1. Hear and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified.

2. Become convicted as a sinner because you inherited sin's nature(the flesh) from Adam and your own personal sins by the Holy Spirit through the gospel that you heard.

3. Repentance from sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

4. Believe in Jesus Christ death and resurrection as your own remission/atonement for sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

5. Decide to live only in obedience to Jesus Christ teachings by praying for the release of God's mercy and grace from His throne of Grace each day and moments of your life even as you engage in personal daily bible studies and fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

6. Submit to water baptism by immersion(In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 6:3-4) if you have not been baptized according as Jesus was baptized before now as an outward sign of the new creation life that you have received in Christ.

ARE YOU READY TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED NOW ?

Repent from your sin inside your heart now, accept that you are a sinner in the eyes of God, ask JESUS CHRIST to wash you with His Precious Blood shed on the Cross of Calvary and ask Him to receive you into His kingdom and fill you with His Holy Spirit through the name of Jesus. This can be done by saying this prayer and declarative words of salvation
thus
"Father, I come to you now recognizing that I am a sinner, I ask you to save my soul by the effects of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection, receive me as your SON and fill me with your Holy Spirit Power to sustain me till the end in your holiness in Jesus name. Amen".

Then you can join any fellowship that *preaches CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED ALONE* close to your neighborhood so that you will ask them to baptize you with water and join them to grow your NEW LIFE/FAITH in JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED daily through daily personal bible studies and quiet-time with the Holy Spirit.

On your own, you can get a holy bible then start reading it so that you will have more revelational knowledge about JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED who is now YOUR NEW LIFE especially from the New testament, you can start from the Gospel according to St. Matthew, few verses each day like Matthew 1:1-17 for the first day, 2nd day Matthew 1:18-25; OR John 1:1-5, John 1:6-10, John 1:11-18 e.t.c.

Each time before you open the holy bible to study; ask the Holy Spirit to reveal JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED FRESH INTO YOUR HEART thus
"Father, fill me with your Holy Spirit baptism of Power and Fire *new/fresh* and mix your written word with faith in my heart even as I study each word and sentence now and any other time I remember it in my heart in Jesus name. Amen".
If you have more questions then you can inbox me or ask any Christian around your neighborhood.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2021
"Up to this time you have not asked a [single] thing in My Name [as presenting all that I Am]; but now ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy (gladness, delight) may be full and complete.

25 I have told you these things in parables (veiled language, allegories, dark sayings); the hour is now coming when I shall no longer speak to you in figures of speech, but I shall tell you about the Father in plain words and openly (without reserve).

26 At that time you will ask (pray) in My Name; and I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf [for it will be unnecessary].

27 For the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from the Father." (John 16:24-27 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."
(John 6:63 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2021
It is the Holy Spirit that searches out the perfect-will of the Father and the Son then pours into our New Creation Life and begins to speak it out in tongues or normal human languages as prayers that pleases the God-Head even interpretations of the written word of God each moment the holy bible to study as well as prophecies and revelations not just for us to begin *praying under the control
of our human emotions or engage in these events under our mere human emotions/ideologies/philosophies/theologies/dogmas/doctrines* thus

"He(Holy Spirit) will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you." (John 16:14 ampc)

"Yet when we are among the full-grown (spiritually mature Christians who are ripe in understanding), we do impart a [higher] wisdom (the knowledge of the divine plan previously hidden); but it is indeed not a wisdom of this present age or of this world nor of the leaders and rulers of this age, who are being brought to nothing and are doomed to pass away.

7 But rather what we are setting forth is a wisdom of God once hidden [from the human understanding] and now revealed to us by God—[that wisdom] which God devised and decreed before the ages for our glorification [to lift us into the glory of His presence].

8 None of the rulers of this age or world perceived and recognized and understood this, for if they had, they would never have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed].

10 Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the divine counsels and things hidden and beyond man’s scrutiny].

11 For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man’s thoughts except the man’s own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God." (1 Corinthians 2:6-12 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2021
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call." (Joel 2:28-32 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2021
"Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 [Born anew] into an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay [imperishable], unsullied and unfading, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are being guarded (garrisoned) by God’s power through [your] faith [till you fully inherit that final] salvation that is ready to be revealed [for you] in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Efficacy of the Gospel in this generation:
1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."
The power/grace/love/mercy/faith/salvation released by GOD through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary is what makes the gospel effective/consistent upon any human being who hears the gospel

If there is no encounter with this power from the cross of Christ Jesus upon any human being after hearing, reading or listening to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the flesh/sin/unbelief cannot be destroyed and replaced with the FULL-LIFE of Jesus Christ (Salvation/Eternal-life) no matter how many Christian activities you are subjected to, no matter the religious titles attributed to you, no matter how many sacramentals or sacraments you engage, no matter how many confessional utterances you make, no matter how many times you have read through the holy bible, no matter your exegetical prowess, no matter how long you have been going to Church, no matter your knowledge of Church history/doctrines/traditions e.t.c.

It is this power that cast away the prince of this world from our lives, lifts us to the crucified flesh of Jesus Christ on the Cross, merges our flesh with his own flesh and puts to death our flesh(our spirit-man/free-will not our skin), replaces our old flesh with the resurrected-flesh of Christ, then makes us center of attraction to lead all men to consistent obedience and Holiness through faith in Christ Jesus here in this sinful world thus "John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." Then going further Jesus declared "John 12:31 Now(at the point of His death on the cross) is the judgment of this world(flesh/sin/unbelief 'effects' upon each human being in this world's is dealt with): now shall the prince of this world be cast out(the stronghold/power of sin/flesh/unbelief is destroyed and replaced by the prince of peace). 12:32 And "I", if I be lifted up from the earth(His death on the cross and the power released at that point affects each human being in the whole world at this experience/encounter), will draw all men unto me(will turn each human being who believes in HIM in this world from fleshly fruits to Spiritual fruits that is consistent till eternity). 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die."
Thus Paul confirmed the regrets and ignorance of Satan for allowing this power of God released through the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ His only beloved Son become a reality "1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."
Since the devil cannot undo the reality of the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ then he has devised a means of making sure that the gospel we hear in this generation is without the teaching/revelation/knowledge/Grace/Power of the Cross of Christ Jesus. This is why the Christianity of our generation seems to have the highest number of human being amongst all other religion in the universe currently yet we have geometric increase in sin/evil/wickedness/injustice/unbelief within the Christian-fold and in the secular world while the early church after Pentecost carried a lifestyle (Gospel) that overturned cities/nations/continents towards the kingdom of Jesus Christ Crucified.

It is this power of the Cross of Jesus Christ that cancelled 'all' the bad/unfavorable records of our past that stands against us with which the accuser of the brethren accuses us day and night before God(Colossians 2:14-15, Revelation 12:10)

It is the same power that removed the sting of sin(attractions to sins) in our lives permanently(John 8:36) and replaced it with the flesh of Jesus Christ which alone both wills and does his good pleasures through us(Phil.2:13) in the Holy Spirit both in trials, temptations, affluence, enjoyments, promotions, miracles, testing e.t.c.

There is no permanent deliverance from sin/flesh/unbelief/poverty/demonic-manipulations/untimely-biological-death in any man/woman of God, fasting/prayers, Christian activities e.t.c apart from having a direct personal encounter with the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ Crucified.

There is no victory/prosperity that is genuine/long-lasting/eternal apart from that which comes from a personal encounter with the power of Jesus Christ Crucified released on the cross of Calvary.

Seek/desire/yearn to have a direct personal encounter with the power/Grace/revelations/love/mercy/deliverance/faith/life/salvation/truth/reality e.t.c. that GOD released through the death of His only beloved Son; Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary.

"If you search for me sincerely with your whole heart, you will find me" (Jeremiah 29:13)
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2021

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
COMMUNION WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT!
What does the Scripture mean when it talks about "communion"?
There are seven meanings.
First, the word communion means presence. God the Father's desire for you is that the sweet presencd of the Holy Spirit will be with you.

Second, Communion means fellowship. You do not need to pray to the Holy Spirit; you simply fellowship/converse/discuss/talk with Him. And you should seek that communion as you would seek water in the wilderness.

Third meaning of Communion is sharing together. You pour out your heart and He pours out His. You share your joy and He shares His. "It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us..." wrote the apostles to the believers in Antioch (Acts 15:28). They were sharing--even writting letters--together.

Fourth, Communion means participation with. The Holy Spirit becomes your partner. The Scripture is filled with phrases like "working with them" (Mark 16:20) and "the Spirit and us" (Acts 15:28), makes it clear that the work of the Holy Spirit is in participation with you.

Fifth, Communion means intimacy. You will never experience a deep love with Christ Jesus until you know it with the Holy Spirit who brings that intimacy. There is no other way. God has "poured out" His love into our hearts "by the Holy Spirit who was given to us" (Romans 5:5). You cannot love God without the Holy Spirit.

Sixth, Communion means friendship. The Holy Spirit longs to be your closest friend, someone with whom you can share the deepest secrets of your heart.

And Seventh, Communion means comradeship. In Greek the word means "commander". He is like a captain, a ruler, or a boss--but a loving, friendly one. Just as He instructed the apostles where they should go ("Now get up, go down and go with them without hesitation; for I have sent them" Acts.10:20) and where they should not go ("They went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit not to speak the word in Asia. When they had come opposite Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them" Acts 16:6-7). He must be allowed to rule in your personal affairs ("if we live by the Holy Spirit let us also be ruled by the Holy Spirit" Gal.5:25). Remember, since Christ departed, the Holy Spirit is "in-charge" on earth.

Are you listening for His voice?
Are you ready to commune with Him?
When I began my fellowship with the Holy Spirit, I talked with Him day and night. Not a day passed that I did not say, Holy Spirit. Precious Holy Spirit". And we began our time of prayer and communication.
Oh, the sound of His voice.

Just say
Holy Spirit, I want to commune with You!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2021
We might think some people are comfortable with their situation if you have not struggled with the flesh(an unbelief in the unadulterated gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified or lack of access to the unadulterated gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified or a particular sinful habit ) yet you "engage all forms of therapy, self-determination-talks/teachings, healing and deliverance sessions".

It is not given to any human being to direct his/her steps(Proverbs 20:24). It is by the mercy of God in Christ Jesus Crucified that we are still standing firm in the faith and sane in our individual lives thus "Jesus declared, I have not come to collect your sacrifices (human self-efforts or strengths or intelligence or smartness or self-righteousness or ideologies) but I have come to give you my mercy" (Matthew 9:13)

AND

"For He says to Moses, I will have on whom I will have mercy and I will have compassion (pity) on whom I will have compassion. So then [God's gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God's mercy. [It depends not on one's own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God's having mercy on him.]" (Romans 9:15-16 ampc)

It is either the Holy Spirit is manipulating your life or the evil spirit functioning through the flesh is manipulating your life. I have seen this struggle in a particular area in my life until God showed me mercy through the revelation of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified. Sometimes people might think, I just like saying Jesus Christ Crucified; it is not a slogan. He is the LIFE within my mortal-body (Galatians 2:19-21).

I have also met several people who sincerely desire to live holy and sane lives that pleases God yet they struggled because they are not willing to accept this gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified as the "only remedy that God has provided for the permanent restoration of mankind to the original glory which He poured into Adam at creation" before he threw it away to the dialogue with the devil because this gospel of Christ and Him Crucified alone seems too harsh and unpopular but most importantly denies mankind the right to do whatever he/she wills at each second of his/her earthly lives but it only permits total obedience to the perfect-will of God (being a slave to the manipulations/control of the Holy Spirit).

We are praying for each other such that each of us will come to experience the reality of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection in our whole being (spirit, soul and body) for a permanent deliverance from the principalities and powers, devil, demons, hell-fire, unfavorable written ordinances standing against us from Adam's disobedience, untimely-death, sicknesses, curses, fear of death, dominion over sin/the flesh fresh each second of our earthly existence and restoration to glory by the Power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
"This charge and admonition I commit in trust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with prophetic intimations which I formerly received concerning you, so that inspired and aided by them you may wage the good warfare,

19 Holding fast to faith (that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence) and having a good (clear) conscience. By rejecting and thrusting from them [their conscience], some individuals have made shipwreck of their faith."
(1 Timothy 1:18-19 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
"They must possess the mystic secret of the faith [Christian truth as hidden from ungodly men] with a clear/pure conscience"
(1 Timothy 3:9 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:03am On Apr 13, 2021
"By this time the crowd, unwieldy and stepping on each other’s toes, numbered into the thousands. But *Jesus’ primary concern was his disciples*. He said to them, “Watch yourselves carefully so you don’t get contaminated with Pharisee yeast, Pharisee phoniness/hypocrisy. You can’t keep your true self hidden forever; before long you’ll be exposed. You can’t hide behind a religious mask forever; sooner or later the mask will slip and your true face will be known. You can’t whisper one thing in private and preach the opposite in public; the day’s coming when those whispers will be repeated all over town." (Luke 12:1-3 MSG)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:11am On Apr 13, 2021
"Rebuke publicly all those who commit sins, so that the rest may be afraid.

21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the holy angels I solemnly call upon you to obey these instructions without showing any prejudice or favor to anyone in anything you do. 22 Be in no hurry to lay hands on people to dedicate them to the Lord's service. Take no part in the sins of others; keep yourself pure.

23 Do not drink water only, but take a little wine to help your digestion, since you are sick so often.

24 The sins of some people are plain to see, and their sins go ahead of them to judgment; but the sins of others are seen only later. 25 In the same way good deeds are plainly seen, and even those that are not so plain cannot be hidden." (1 Timothy 5: 20-25 GNT)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:14am On Apr 13, 2021
"A devout life does bring wealth, but it’s the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that’s enough.

9-10 But if it’s only money these leaders are after, they’ll self-destruct in no time. Lust for money brings trouble and nothing but trouble. Going down that path, some lose their footing in the faith completely and live to regret it bitterly ever after." (1 Timothy 6:6-10 MSG)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:12am On Apr 14, 2021
"And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

His disciples said to him, “If this is how it is between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.”
11 Jesus answered, “This teaching does not apply to everyone, but only to those to whom God has given it. 12 For there are different reasons why men cannot marry: some, because they were born that way; others, because men made them that way; and others do not marry for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Let him who can accept this teaching do so.” (Matthew 19:1-12 KJV & GNT)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
"For God’s [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.

19 For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],

21 Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

23 And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin],

25 Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen (so be it).

26 For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one,

27 And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another—men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution.

28 And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome,

29 Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,

30 Slanderers, hateful to and hating God, full of insolence, arrogance, [and] boasting; inventors of new forms of evil, disobedient and undutiful to parents.

31 [They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless.

32 Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them." (Romans 1:18-32 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:20am On Apr 16, 2021
"But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister/manifestor of sin? God forbid." (Galatians 2:17 JKV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
"But if you bear the name of Jew and rely upon the Law and pride yourselves in God and your relationship to Him,

18 And know and understand His will and discerningly approve the better things and have a sense of what is vital, because you are instructed by the Law;

19 And if you are confident that you [yourself] are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, and [that

20 You [who are] a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the childish, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and truth—

21 Well then, you who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you teach against stealing, do you steal (take what does not really belong to you)?

22 You who say not to commit adultery, do you commit adultery [are you unchaste in action or in thought]? You who abhor and loathe idols, do you rob temples [do you appropriate to your own use what is consecrated to God, thus robbing the sanctuary and doing sacrilege]?

23 You who boast in the Law, do you dishonor God by breaking the Law [by stealthily infringing upon or carelessly neglecting or openly breaking it]?

24 For, as it is written, The name of God is maligned and blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you! [The words to this effect are from your own Scriptures.]

25 Circumcision does indeed profit if you keep the Law; but if you habitually transgress the Law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 So if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be credited to him as [equivalent to] circumcision?

27 Then those who are physically uncircumcised but keep the Law will condemn you who, although you have the code in writing and have circumcision, break the Law.

28 For he is not a [real] Jew who is only one outwardly and publicly, nor is [true] circumcision something external and physical.

29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and [true] circumcision is of the heart, a spiritual and not a literal [matter]. His praise is not from men but from God." (Romans 2:17-29 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
"For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the [manifestation of] the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2021
It is by THE MERCY OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY that we are not consumed by the wrath of GOD!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
"Whoever says, I know Him [I perceive, recognize, understand, and am acquainted with Him] but fails to keep and obey His commandments (teachings) is a liar, and the Truth [of the Gospel] is not in him.

5 But he who keeps (treasures) His Word [who bears in mind His precepts, who observes His message in its entirety], truly in him has the love of and for God been perfected (completed, reached maturity). By this we may perceive (know, recognize, and be sure) that we are in Him:

6 Whoever says he abides in Him ought [as a personal debt] to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself." (1 John 2:4-6 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
"Then He [thoroughly] opened up their minds to understand the Scriptures,

46 And said to them, Thus it is written that the Christ (the Messiah) should suffer and on the third day rise from ( among) the dead,

47 And that repentance [with a view to and as the condition of] forgiveness of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

48 You are witnesses of these things.

49 And behold, I will send forth upon you what My Father has promised; but remain in the city [Jerusalem] until you are clothed with power from on high." (Luke 24:45-49 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dennz54(m): 2:54am On Apr 19, 2021
Just wanna share some Bible Verses To Inspire each one us today:

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." / Habakkuk 3:17-19 /

Reflection: The truth of God’s present strength caused Habakkuk to trust God even during the most difficult times. Like Habakkuk, we can choose to praise God even in the face of desolation. Like Habakkuk, we can praise God for the salvation He provides in Jesus Christ. And, by seeing God as our source of strength, we, like Habakkuk, can trust God’s promises.

For more inspirational bible verse daily, you can always visit: Verse of the Day / Today's Bible Verse

God bless you...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
"If we who are [abiding] in Christ have hope only in this life and that is all, then we are of all people most miserable and to be pitied.

20 But the fact is that Christ (the Messiah) has been raised from the dead, and He became the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death].

21 For since [it was] through a man that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man that the resurrection of the dead [has come]. For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive.

22 For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive.

23 But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the first-fruits, then those who are Christ’s [own will be resurrected] at His coming.

24 After that comes the end (the completion), when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every [other] rule and every authority and power.

25 For [Christ] must be King and reign until He has put all [His] enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death.

27 For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ’s] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him.

28 However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life]." (1 Cor. 15:19-28 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED ALONE AS OUR DAILY LIFESTYLE APPLICATION BOTH IN THE SECRET OF OUR THOUGHTS AND EXTERNAL BEHAVIORS:

Christ Jesus and Him Crucified alone is what we preach as the only means of human Salvation(John 14:6, John 8:31-36, 1 Corinthian 2:2).

He is the only truth.

He is the only revelation of all the mysteries surrounding human existence, the unseen realm and the GOD-HEAD.

One of the realities that confirms that you have received HIM and you are growing in HIS GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE is that *you will no longer be searching for truth or the meaning of the mysteries surrounding human existence, the unseen realm and the Creator of mankind/universe outside of the Crucified Jesus Christ (His finished works on the Cross of Calvary)*

Miracles, signs, apparitions, mysteries and wonders will be manifesting in your life and around your life which you do not even understand within or outside your knowledge of the Holy Spirit and the scriptures.

Eloquence and utterance will be flowing from your belly and other people's lives which you do not wholly understand.

Yet in all these, your focus is only in the daily application of the Cross of Jesus Christ in your secret thoughts and external behaviours.

Christ Jesus and HIM Crucified alone is sufficient!!!

Nothing more!!!
Nothing less!!!

"For what we preach is not ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves [merely] as your servants (slaves) for Jesus’ sake." (2 Cor.4:5 AMPC)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Raahadonai: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
pastormustwacc:
Anyway, nice thread, lets keep it going.
@christian people, i am trying to get over depression, lost 6 patients over the weekend in medical emmergency. 5 of which are questionable. I am now wondering that, is it that i am not praying enough or?
My dear you need to amplify your fire with much prayers,fasting,the study of God's word and holiness. God placed you there to bring help to dying humanity
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
"Then the mother of Zebedee’s children came up to Him with her sons and, kneeling, worshiped Him and asked a favor of Him.

21 And He asked her, What do you wish? She answered Him, Give orders that these two sons of mine may sit, one at Your right hand and one at Your left in Your kingdom.

22 But Jesus replied, You do not realize what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink and to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized? They answered, We are able.

23 He said to them, You will drink My cup, but seats at My right hand and at My left are not Mine to give, but they are for those for whom they have been ordained and prepared by My Father.

24 But when the ten [other disciples] heard this, they were indignant at the two brothers.

25 And Jesus called them to Him and said, You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men hold them in subjection [tyrannizing over them].

26 Not so shall it be among you; but whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant,

27 And whoever desires to be first among you must be your slave—

28 Just as the Son of Man came not to be waited on but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many [the price paid to set them free]." (Matthew 20:20-28 ampc)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.