Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Jinn Stories - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jinn Stories (90002 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Jinn / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Beware Of Jinn Disguising As Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 3:47am On Nov 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

One can recite the Quran however many times he wants, the problem is when you put a particular number to be recited for 'x' reward without evidence for it.
Just noticed this. You scared of those heavy counts? grin Look, bro, there is "code" for everything,...just saying. That's why lots of those heavy bearded Alfas back in the days cant afford it. They would complain "idi mi ti wo", "idi nta mi" grin. Only in congregation they tend to compromise a little. Still, they would go to chief Imam of the LG to lodge complaints, "that man wan kill person. He got some down to earth dua"....we all laughed afterall.
Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 4:11am On Nov 10, 2014
Empiree:
Just noticed this. You scared of those heavy counts? grin Look, bro, there is "code" for everything,...just saying. That's why lots of those heavy bearded Alfas back in the days cant afford it. They would complain "idi mi ti wo", "idi nta mi" grin. Only in congregation they tend to compromise a little. Still, they would go to chief Imam of the LG to lodge complaints, "that man wan kill person. He got some down to earth dua"....we all laughed afterall.

The fact remains there is no need to over-exert your self when more can be achieve by following the practices of the prophet. Moderation in worship is an important islamic concept.

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) came in when a woman was sitting beside me. He asked me, "Who is she?'' I said: "She is the one whose performance of Salat (prayer) has become the talk of the town.'' Addressing her, he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "(What is this!) You are required to take upon yourselves only what you can carry out easily. By Allah, Allah does not withhold His Mercy and forgiveness of you until you neglect and give up (good works). Allah likes the deeds best which a worshipper can carry out constantly".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) to inquire about the worship of the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam). When they were informed, they considered their worship insignificant and said: "Where are we in comparison with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) while Allah has forgiven his past sins and future sins". One of them said: "As for me, I shall offer Salat all night long.'' Another said: "I shall observe Saum (fasting) continuously and shall not break it". Another said: "I shall abstain from women and shall never marry". The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) came to them and said, "Are you the people who said such and such things? By Allah, I fear Allah more than you do, and I am most obedient and dutiful among you to Him, but still I observe fast and break it; perform Salat and sleep at night and take wives. So whoever turns away from my Sunnah does not belong to me".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can't do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night".
[Al-Bukhari].

There are many hadiths of this nature and they show, that all you need to do is follow simplicity and moderation as exemplified by Allah's Messenger. You should not make the religion difficult for yourself and others.

There is nothing new that we can add to Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 4:50am On Nov 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

The fact remains there is no need to over-exert your self when more can be achieve by following the practices of the prophet.
Nah, i dont. You take this too serious
Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 5:00am On Nov 10, 2014
Empiree:
Nah, i dont. You take this too serious

lol... You brought it up again..
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

lol... You brought it up again..
I actually brought the whole forgotten thread up since 2012. And most likely, i will keep it alive randomly.

Hayubee , here too. Read this thread for booster grin
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 2:01am On Nov 11, 2014
tbaba1234
When you say inspiration continues, what does that mean?

Here we go.....that i could not quote when i was mobile. You most likely know about this anyways.

On Dreams, Vision, miracles....

There are 45/46 parts of prophethood....nothing will remain of them except one... dreams/vision are the last part of nabuwa - S. A. W

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.”
(al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation
(al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The same may be said of the miracles which appeared after the time of the Sahaabah. This did not happen during their time because they did not need them, due to their strong faith, but the people who came after them needed them (the miracles) because their faith was weak. (sounds familiar)?

The Levels of the Deen

1. Muhsin (Ihsaan) - To worship Allah as if you are seeing him (this is very rear. they say thing that may be strange to averages muslims)
2. Mu'min (Imaan) - Sayings, actions and conviction(this is rear as well but pretty much around)
3. Muslim (Islam) - Submission (here we go. Lots of salafis are here grin)

- Every Muhsin is a Mu'min and a Muslim
- Every Mu'min is a Muslim but not a Muhsin

So why cant few muslims have "special" gifts as maclatunji seems to downplay with respect to my stories?
Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 2:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
tbaba1234

Here we go.....that i could not quote when i was mobile. You most likely know about this anyways.

On Dreams, Vision, miracles....

There are 45/46 parts of prophethood....nothing will remain of them except one... dreams/vision are the last part of nabuwa - S. A. W

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.”
(al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation
(al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The same may be said of the miracles which appeared after the time of the Sahaabah. This did not happen during their time because they did not need them, due to their strong faith, but the people who came after them needed them (the miracles) because their faith was weak. (sounds familiar)?

The Levels of the Deen

1. Muhsin (Ihsaan) - To worship Allah as if you are seeing him (this is very rear. they say thing that may be strange to averages muslims)
2. Mu'min (Imaan) - Sayings, actions and conviction(this is rear as well but pretty much around)
3. Muslim (Islam) - Submission (here we go. Lots of salafis are here grin)

- Every Muhsin is a Mu'min and a Muslim
- Every Mu'min is a Muslim but not a Muhsin

So why cant few muslims have "special" gifts as maclatunji seems to downplay with respect to my stories?

Assalamu aleikum bro,

I wanted to be sure about the level of inspiration, you are talking about. There are crazy people out there. In terms of dreams, yes, Allah gives truthful dreams to whom he wills, There is no doubt about it.

Beyond dreams, i do not know of any other form of inspiration and Allah could give dreams to whom he pleases. Evil dreams can also be from shaytan, dreams could also be a reflection of thoughts during the day.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Seereen said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu `Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

However, there are limits to dreams, like:

i. A dream can not tell you a new practise or dua in the religion as the deen is perfect, such dreams are either a reflection of imagination or just inspired by shatan or did not happen.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 3:03am On Nov 11, 2014
tbaba1234:

waleikum salam,
concur....did i drive you knot on this thread?
Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
My Story.

When I was still in my early teenage years,I usually had a dream of one giant guy trickling me without seeing his face and whenever I tried to stop him by getting hold of his hands,his hands slip away(feels slippery).I also had dreams of falling from high mountains and flying in the air(Weird huh?) and whenever I woke up,I feel my heart racing as ever and sweating too.
I don't really count it because I think I was 'too playful' then,maybe it's because of too much play.Then I told my mum afterwards and she told me to recite Ayatul Kurisiyu before sleeping and I did that.As usual,I dreamt of this guy trickling me again,then I got hold of his hands and this time it didn't slip away.I was able to see his face,he was a creature with one ugly face and something like saliva coming out of his mouth(stinks).
Then,I overpower him in my sleep since then no more weird dream.Think it's a Jinn huh?
Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
^could just be a kid with nightmares.
Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 6:40am On Nov 12, 2014
tbaba1234:
^could just be a kid with nightmares.
Maybe, maybe.Playful then though
Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:
My Story.

When I was still in my early teenage years,I usually had a dream of one giant guy trickling me without seeing his face and whenever I tried to stop him by getting hold of his hands,his hands slip away(feels slippery).I also had dreams of falling from high mountains and flying in the air(Weird huh?) and whenever I woke up,I feel my heart racing as ever and sweating too.
I don't really count it because I think I was 'too playful' then,maybe it's because of too much play.Then I told my mum afterwards and she told me to recite Ayatul Kurisiyu before sleeping and I did that.As usual,I dreamt of this guy trickling me again,then I got hold of his hands and this time it didn't slip away.I was able to see his face,he was a creature with one ugly face and something like saliva coming out of his mouth(stinks).
Then,I overpower him in my sleep since then no more weird dream.Think it's a Jinn huh?
Its definitely a Jinn.
Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2014
kazlaw2000:

Its definitely a Jinn.

It could be shaytan influenced nightmares. You seem to be quite certain.
Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2014
tbaba1234:

It could be shaytan influenced nightmares. You seem to be quite certain.
Yes, it was a Jinn starting to get close. He was lucky he got a good prescription (kursiyy) early enough that worked.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 6:17am On Nov 16, 2014
tbaba1234, your thread need to hit fg now. It's long due.
Re: Jinn Stories by Sissie(f): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
kazlaw2000:

Lol. You are brave. May Allaah continue to protect us.

Amin.

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by tbaba1234: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
tbaba1234, your thread need to hit fg now. It's long due.

I think, it has been there before
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
With regards to jinns claiming to be muslim and helping the people then i would say again the jinns are liars, the true muslim jinn would not interfere in the affairs of the believer let alone make them faint etc, the jinns have religions and just like us there are those that are muslims but are rebellious and do not practice their religion.

From my personal experiences i found that the jinn would pretend to be muslim in order for you to show them respect and then they would start to elevate themselves by making demands and claiming they have certain powers etc, the weak believer will follow the commands and before he knows it he has fallen into kufr and shirk and the shaytaan has won.

It is also important not to become paranoid and think everything is jinn related but at the same time remain consistent with the adhkar/duas for entering the home, bathroom, when eating, having intercourse etc, do not let shaytaan take part in your affairs, protect yourself and children with the Quran, recite ayatul qursi and the quls over them as a minimum and stay away from sins.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
I guess this shows importance of purity (for Janaba)

The duas as the brother mention is the key importance. We dealt with a case of a practising brother who someone had done Black Magic on. The Jinn who possessed the brother said he'd stalked him for months but came up against obstacles such as his duas for entering the home, toilet, eating etc.. etc.. and therefore had no easy access. 3 months of stalking led to nothing until one day the brother left the house in the state of Janaba by mistake and that's when the Jinn found his opportunity and pounced.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Another lousy experience...

I'm 110% sure we have jinn in our house. They've been bothering us for many years now. Just this morning after fajr my brother saw a shadow floating past him while he was using his laptop. My other brother has seen the same thing a few times before. My sister has seen the same shadowy thing but this time it had the shape of a man. They seem to bother two of my brothers and my mother the most, not so much the rest of us. When my brother is sleeping, he makes these wierd movements with his legs and he makes strange noises, sometimes he can't even move. A'udubillah.

Personally I've had many experiences with these damn things. At first they used to scare me, but now I am getting used to them. Like this one time (maybe two months ago), I woke up around fajr time and I saw this dark shadow which had the shape of a man was pulling on my arm (I also couldn't move for some reason). Another time (I was alot younger back then) I woke up at night and suddenly there was this blue-ish light that lit up my room and all of a sudden there was an arab looking man with a long dark beard sitting on my chest and reading something from a book which I assumed was a mushaf back then.

These things become more intense the more we read Qur'an and focus on deen. Sometimes when me and my brothers are praying jama3 at our house we feel this "presence" around us, and we hear weird noises that are coming from our living-room walls (no it is not the neighbours).

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Some other things that I have seen and experienced, I would definately like to keep to myself.

After reading about sihr and the signs of sihr, and knowing how sihr is widespread in our community (especially back home) I do not doubt for a second that some hasid fools did sihr on us.

But Alhamdulillah, we have actually benefitted from this. Although these shayateen are trying to make us forsake the deen, these experiences have pushed us closer to the deen. The more they bother us, the more we seek refuge in Allah and the more Qur'an we recite. We've had Ruqyah done on my mother and my older brother (who is the one who is affected the most by the jinn) and it has helped maybe a little, but this is going to require ALOT of effort since like I said they have been with us for more than 10 years, and alot longer with my mom (who has been possessed a few times as a child).

I know all of this sounds crazy, but Allah is my witness that I am telling the truth as I see it. All of this has re-affirmed by belief in the ghayb, wa AlHamdulillah.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 11:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
A Muslim man asked, "I heard that Ibn Taymiyyah was attacked by Jinn, how true is this?"

Assalamualaikum,

Firstly a quick point before I touch up on the topic queried above, Firstly the fact that many people nowadays consider Jinn to be something which they are in fact not, I think the main reason for this is the many many movies and social views which have distorted the actual truth about jinns.

Jinns are afraid of Humans & the human race is far superior than any other creation of allah (s.w.t).

"I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me"
(Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56)

Both humans and Jinns were created for one thing, and one thing alone to worship allah (s.w.t), The sons and daughters of Adam & Hawa, give too much importance to Jinns...alot more than what should be given, Read the Quraan, It only mentioned jinns in a few places, this doesnt even make up 10% of the Quraan!!

Before I stray from the point, I have not in my research into the world of Jinn and the Islamic viewpoint come across concrete proof or evidence that Ibn taymiyyah (r.a) was attacked by jinn, though he was well versed on this subject and produced writings on this issue. If there was any such incident, So what? whats the significance of this? The way Humans attack Humans, Jinns can attack humans, and humans can attack jinns can they not?

This also depends entirely upon on a persons notion of Jinn, many call shaytaan a Jinn, if this is so, shaytaan attacks everyone 24/7....

We have also been appointed a Qareen by allah, who also attacks us in his own way....This could mean this also....

Without going to deep and freaking people out....We should really delve too deep and give too much notice to these things...allahu aalim, we should try our best to perfect our Emaan and be from amongst the best of believers...and become the envy of man and jinn alike. Inshallah.

If you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me. W/s

Your Brother in islam,

Muhammed Bin Yusuf
Re: Jinn Stories by Jamo90: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2014
S/alaykum empiree, please I sent you an email
Re: Jinn Stories by Jamo90: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2014
@empiree, my email is the one that starts with adebiyi4real. May Allah reward you abundantly as you reply.
Re: Jinn Stories by Jamo90: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2014
Jamo90:
S/alaykum empiree, please I sent you an email over the issues I've also been experiencing that I presume have something to do with jinns. Please reply my mail. I'm really looking forward to it.
walaikum salam. Lol, I dont deal with those fellas(Jinn). Take a look here for possible solution to that.https://www.nairaland.com/1963721/how-get-rid-jinn
Re: Jinn Stories by Jamo90: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 11:59am On Nov 18, 2014
Jamo90:

oh so sorry, what i meant was about the man you talked about. The rawaniya man. I'd really like to meet him.
hun, i got your email with respect to that actually. Bro, Lahawla walakuwata ilabi'LLah. You know what that means. You can do just like him or better. We all are gifted. Overall, i understand you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.