Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (234481 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by 2sexy(m): 4:26am On Dec 15, 2012
wahabian: U̶̲̥̅̊ c that storm,I dnt really know much about it
okay, thank you.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 4:39am On Dec 15, 2012
guy ANDROID:
please explain to me more about uk2naija....wanna learn here
They operated just like circuit atlantic but their service is very low. Circuit atlantic charges you delivery to your house & insurance payment on ur goods.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 4:49am On Dec 15, 2012
2sexy: How about BB storm products because I see that they are quite cheaper.
Here is a strategy i used to know what people need, you can start with word of mouth or place an advert for BB storm & others. When people call you just tell them you have run out of stock but expecting ur goods soonest and ask for what types of BB they need. If 10 call you, you can sample their opinions on that & see which one is moving fast. Like i said earlier, many prefer bold 2 over 4 cos they belive there is little or no difference btw dem but they are ready to pay any price for bold 5.
Or go through some BB sellers on nairaland (phones & tech) and check what people are demanding for.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by 2sexy(m): 5:01am On Dec 15, 2012
chemashie:
Here is a strategy i used to know what people need, you can start with word of mouth or place an advert for BB storm & others. When people call you just tell them you have run out of stock but expecting ur goods soonest and ask for what types of BB they need. If 10 call you, you can sample their opinions on that & see which one is moving fast. Like i said earlier, many prefer bold 2 over 4 cos they belive there is little or no difference btw dem but they are ready to pay any price for bold 5.
Or go through some BB sellers on nairaland (phones & tech) and check what people are demanding for.
Thanks mate.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by 2sexy(m): 5:25am On Dec 15, 2012
Guys, what can you make out of this when you see ------------->BlackBerry Bold 9000 Unlocked Phone with 2 MP Camera, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS Navigation, and MicroSD Slot--International Version with No Warranty (Black)

what does it mean to you. I can see that it is black berry bold 9000 but I dont know if it is 2,4 or 5. How does one know.?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 5:51am On Dec 15, 2012
2sexy: Guys, what can you make out of this when you see ------------->BlackBerry Bold 9000 Unlocked Phone with 2 MP Camera, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS Navigation, and MicroSD Slot--International Version with No Warranty (Black)

what does it mean to you. I can see that it is black berry bold 9000 but I dont know if it is 2,4 or 5. How does one know.?
This is bold 1 & meant for first time users. Don‘t go for it except ur customer requests for it. Bold 2 is 9700 & 5 is 9900. You can also check tour, heard is very scarce here. You can buy coloured ones cos nigerians are mad with fashion, u know stepping out with nice wear & purple BB to fit. BB Accessories are also selling fast.
If you are buying on ebay, check how many of the phones they have in stock cos it shows if the phone is owned by individual or retailer. I like to buy from retailer that has large stock than from individual cos retailer would have worked on it & issued his/her warranty.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by colonel20: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2012
Good morning guys, great job El matt, chemashie, 2sexy and all of you sharing Ideas here. Keep up the thread. smiley smiley
#Subscribing
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2012
colonel20: Good morning guys, great job El matt, chemashie, 2sexy and all of you sharing Ideas here. Keep up the thread. smiley smiley
#Subscribing
You are welcome!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2012
Hi chemasi I want to buy a laptop in aliexpress i have little idea abt quality of a laptop, please suggest what i should be considering when buying a laptop in aliexpress?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by 2sexy(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2012
chemashie:
This is bold 1 & meant for first time users. Don‘t go for it except ur customer requests for it. Bold 2 is 9700 & 5 is 9900. You can also check tour, heard is very scarce here. You can buy coloured ones cos nigerians are mad with fashion, u know stepping out with nice wear & purple BB to fit. BB Accessories are also selling fast.
If you are buying on ebay, check how many of the phones they have in stock cos it shows if the phone is owned by individual or retailer. I like to buy from retailer that has large stock than from individual cos retailer would have worked on it & issued his/her warranty.

Okay thanks. As for the BB accessories, I will definitely look into that.

Yes BB tour, I saw that one and also cheap but a friend discouraged me saying it tour. May be he said so because it is not popular here and I think there is nothing bad to introduce it into the market.

Talking about the number of stock they have, if I buy from a retailer, I should get it cheaper right?

How does one avoid the issues of scam or fraud on ebay?

Thank you for your time.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by tofek4real: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Some goods are tagged contraband in Nigeria by the FG such as wears... Any negative dealings or experience from anyone importing them?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2012
2sexy:

Okay thanks. As for the BB accessories, I will definitely look into that.

Yes BB tour, I saw that one and also cheap but a friend discouraged me saying it tour. May be he said so because it is not popular here and I think there is nothing bad to introduce it into the market.

Talking about the number of stock they have, if I buy from a retailer, I should get it cheaper right?

How does one avoid the issues of scam or fraud on ebay?

Thank you for your time.
you are not the making payment direct but using a third party such as circuit atlantic or uk2naija, just make naira payment to them and fold your arms while the products are delivered to you.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2012
Hi chemashie I want to buy a laptop in aliexpress i have little idea abt quality of a laptop, please suggest what i should be considering when buying a laptop in aliexpress?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by chemashie(m): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2012
any one with description from gbagada/oshodi to MM international air port, i want to pick my products with chrisvicmall.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Kingoneh(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2012
Hello N-landers
1. i just want to know more of the payment...i dont have a GTB CARD but my gal do,so can i use my gals card for payment...?
2. Can first bank card work
3. Can someone in USA make orders and payment on that site and ask them to ship the orders to nigeria...?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by lekan208(m): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Thank you for this quality information cost by the time you add it to the cost of the , but I always have a challenge when i visit aliexpress of dhgate, the challenge is the issue of shipping it will almost be the same with the one in Nigeria ually look at laptops and phones, So please I will need information about the shipping cost as soon as possible
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2012
chemashie: any one with description from gbagada/oshodi to MM international air port, i want to pick my products with chrisvicmall.

You can take any bus going towards Ikeja along (probably iyana ipaja bus)..drop at airport bus stop ( the bus stop before Ikeja)..cross to the other side and walk up the bridge..you will see some blue buses or cabs..most of them go to MM airport..its simple to get.

I must appreciate your effort on this thread. You have really positively expanded the scope of this thread more than what I thought and I must say u shud keep it up..we need more pple like you.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by unclenna(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2012
Chrisvicmall:

[b]The service fee is $10 is the total price of the product you are purchasing is below $1000. The shipping fee is $13 per kg if you want to pay the shipping fee before we send the product. Please note that the shipping fee is only from China to Lagos airport. We do not deliver directly to your address. You have to pick the product at the airport once the product reach Nigeria. We will give you the number of the agent once your product reach Nigeria.

If my previous explanation wasn't clear or I have ommitted somethings, I do apologize. If you any question, you can ask us here or you can visit our website and chat with us directly. [/b]
Concerning Chrisvicmall service charge @Chemashie, stop confusing us. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by unclenna(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2012
chemashie:
Service charge is 10% of your purchase & shipping is $13/kg or so.
This your comment contradicts what the guy said.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2012
Kingoneh: Hello N-landers
1. i just want to know more of the payment...i dont have a GTB CARD but my gal do,so can i use my gals card for payment...?
2. Can first bank card work
3. Can someone in USA make orders and payment on that site and ask them to ship the orders to nigeria...?

1.You can use her own provided she gives the consent and she gives u her details.
2.I don't think first bank can work. I only know of UBA and GTB
3. If u mean from aliexpress, then Yes but why do that when u can make the order yourself and get it here. But if you are talking about other western sites like Amazon that don't ship to Nigeria, then maybe the person from USA can get it for u.

lekan208: Thank you for this quality information cost by the time you add it to the cost of the , but I always have a challenge when i visit aliexpress of dhgate, the challenge is the issue of shipping it will almost be the same with the one in Nigeria ually look at laptops and phones, So please I will need information about the shipping cost as soon as possible
Thank you

We have discussed everything about reducing the shipping cost on this thread so u can go back and check the previous pages.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2012
unclenna: This your comment contradicts what the guy said.

The service charge is actually $10 and not 10%.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by guyANDROID1: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2012
chemashie:
They operated just like circuit atlantic but their service is very low. Circuit atlantic charges you delivery to your house & insurance payment on ur goods.
Do they operate US stores also...cuz looking @ dat name,I guess they only ship from UK stores only....thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 10:37am On Dec 15, 2012
Hi el mattoe pls I want to buy a laptop in aliexpress i have little idea abt quality of a laptop, please suggest what i should be considering when buying a laptop in aliexpress?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Kingoneh(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Pls, if i activate a GTB account..how long will it take before i'll get the card.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Chibenze: Hi el mattoe pls I want to buy a laptop in aliexpress i have little idea abt quality of a laptop, please suggest what i should be considering when buying a laptop in aliexpress?

I have not ordered for a laptop before on aliexpress. However, u shud go tru the feedback of any seller to know what buyers say about it. Make sure the seller has sold a good number so u av the advantage of seeinf the feedback of many buyers. Also, u can ask chrisvicmall if they can recommend any good one for u since they are in China
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by tofek4real: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2012
Kingoneh: Pls, if i activate a GTB account..how long will it take before i'll get the card.
2wks and don't forget to purchase a "token" for your online transactions
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by tofek4real: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2012
tofek4real: Some goods are tagged contraband in Nigeria by the FG such as wears... Any negative dealings or experience from anyone importing them?
Since no reply it means it's legal to import wear without customs seizing ur goods
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by darmochy1(m): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2012
@D'matteo, txs for creating this educative thread, more power to ur elbow. Pls, can u suggest a very good site where I can get laptops and phones, or better still whr do u get urs? Also can chrisvicmall help one to order frm amazon and ship to nigeria. Txs as u answer
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by azpunpin: 11:38am On Dec 15, 2012
@everyone
I need help in using my GT Bank Naira Master card on Aliexpress, it keeps saying not successful and I have activate it n there is enough funds to cover the charges.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Kingoneh(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2012
1.What do i need..when i'm getting my delivery fro Fedex,ups,dhl...do i need any form of identity.
2. Can i go to the dhl office,to clear the stuff...cos locating address here in osogbo is a big problem...what do you think
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
El Matteo:

I have not ordered for a laptop before on aliexpress. However, u shud go tru the feedback of any seller to know what buyers say about it. Make sure the seller has sold a good number so u av the advantage of seeinf the feedback of many buyers. Also, u can ask chrisvicmall if they can recommend any good one for u since they are in China
el mattoe what i mean wen i said d quality is u should tell me wat a laptop should have wen buying it, dat will nt be a problem 2morrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101)

MerryBet Punt For Pride IV / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.