Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Let's Talk About Online Flirting... - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Talk About Online Flirting... (11005 Views)

10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / My Husband Is Flirting.... / Ghanaian In UK Kills Wife For Flirting With A Nigerian [PICTURED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by aweleokolo: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
Cheating isn't just physical, it often starts with emotional infidelity...
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
Svelteb: My dear, most ladies are facing dis ooo. D guy, whn confronted, will tell u it's nt wht u think its just an excitement.
like the excitement frankie had when he thought of the milkmaids and milked himself off into the river shannon? smiley
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
aweleokolo: Cheating isn't just physical, it often starts with emotional infidelity...

Most all cheating cases start that way . . .
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by cowgurl: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
In my books, it's NOT!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by bleufaucon: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2012
And some are having sex freely via the phone..lol
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by jamesbridget13(f): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Why re some persons trying 2 bring English Lang. in this issue. D post said flirting like cheating get it right. Online flirting is wrong believe u me in wat ever manner as regards d post. Exchanging phone contacts, calling each other always, saying words like i miss ya wanna c u, love yaaa with online frnds. Thats a big error
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by JoeMosco(m): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Efemena_xy: The responses to this thread are all hogwash!

Why can't Nigerians be honest, at least to themselves just once? undecided

~ Is Nairaland an online forum? YES!

~ Do some Nairalanders "flirt" with one another? YES!!

~ Does that mean they we are unfaithful to our spouses in real life? HELL NO!!!

Heck! Even Jide's got the hots for Mr Rudy, even though her ex guitarlife still sneaks back from his wife sisi...& Sagamite nor gree make any of his e-wives (moi included), divorce am.

So let's all get a grip, shall we? angry

This is a logical error. That it happens on nairaland does not make it right. The fact remains that;
-if your partner starts online flirting, then there is a VOID which has to be closed
-He/she is already cheating cos he/she is satisfying that desire online. The probability that he/she will eventually do the real thing is 99.9 percent.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by maclatunji: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2012
dayokanu: I am interested in what previous posters view Efemenas first post

E.g What Sagamite does on here, Can it be classified as flirting? If any of the above was Mrs Sagamite, would she have raised eyebrows?

I have had situations where my online posts have been questioned before I thought they were harmless but not everyone thought the same

O fe harmful pa ni? (can it be anymore harmful)?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Busybody2(f): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
coogar:

it's just online banter, abeg!
people who flirt here don't even have a clue about what the other look like - how can that qualify as flirting - i think majority of you peops take what you read here far too seriously than what's intended - what a boring sad lives most of y'all live. if you really think busy_body wants to shäg her 35 NL boyfriends in the real world then you need to get a broom, find a large warehouse and sweep without breaks!

May God bless this Coogar and keep increasing him in knowledge and wisdom kiss

slimyem: Nobody is trying to see what's not there....
Just call a spade what it is...stop playing semantics..
Flirting -----to behave in such a way as to demonstrate a playful sexual attraction to someone else..
Banter-----the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks..
Its a double entendre..one meaning formally appropriate....and the other simply suggestive!...
Nothing said/will be said on this issue is/will be expressly based on facts.

If we are gonna use big big words in public, at least we should find out what they mean first undecided

1) First you incorrectly accuse Coogar of playing semantics which in layman's English means the evolvement and radical change of the meaning of a word. A common example of semantics is the word "BAD". It used to mean "bad", but now means good/wicked/badarse etc.

2) Coogar never intoned that flirt now means something else, all he correctly said was that flirting also meant bantering undecided

3) You claim above that the word "flirt" is different from the word "banter" and even provide the dictionary meaning.

4) Yet in the dictionary meaning of "banter" which you provided is the word TEASING, which also according to dictionaries in the same league as the one you provided, "also" means flirting.

5) In linguistics, the word "flirt" is an "ambiguous" word i.e. it has more than one possible meaning, and can be used as a noun or as a verb.

6) There is online flirting of the amorous kind intended to arouse sexual interest and done in secret and out of the earshot of everyone (JUST LIKE THE OP DESCRIBED)

7) There is online flirting devoid of any sexual connotation aka the witty, sharp, lighthearted good humoured banter conducted in the open on Nairaland by some trifling daughters of eve who would not leave my Husband Sagamite alone for me angry

8 ) Coogar flirted with the idea of wearing his blue shirt or his pink shirt to his first date with Busybody. Does this mean Coogar has an unhealthy fetish and sexual inclination to clothing items i.e. Does that make him an Objectum sexual or a paraphile

9) Idowuogbo and Ileke-idi have been flirting online with my 2 years old son since he was 3 months old, and he is set to e-marry them this December, having just saved enough to buy the sleeping mats they are going to be sleeping on in his room, because he refuses to share his babycot with them. Does this make them a peterfile paedophile

10) Should i go on . . . undecided

Na wah for this new art of intepreting out of context oh, na real war undecided
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by goddyjay(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
Busy_body:

May God bless this Coogar and keep increasing him in knowledge and wisdom kiss

If we are gonna use big big words in public, at least we should find out what they mean first undecided

1) First you incorrectly accuse Coogar of playing semantics which in layman's English means the evolvement and radical change of the meaning of a word. A common example of semantics is the word "BAD". It used to mean "bad", but now means good/wicked/badarse etc.

2) Coogar never intoned that flirt now means something else, all he correctly said was that flirting also meant bantering undecided

3) You claim above that the word "flirt" is different from the word "banter" and even provide the dictionary meaning.

4) Yet in the dictionary meaning of "banter" which you provided is the word TEASING, which also according to dictionaries in the same league as the one you provided, "also" means flirting.

5) In linguistics, the word "flirt" is an "ambiguous" word i.e. it has more than one possible meaning, and can be used as a noun or as a verb.

6) There is online flirting of the amorous kind intended to arouse sexual interest and done in secret and out of the earshot of everyone (JUST LIKE THE OP DESCRIBED)

7) There is online flirting devoid of any sexual connotation aka the witty, sharp, lighthearted good humoured banter conducted in the open on Nairaland by some trifling daughters of eve who would not leave my Husband Sagamite alone for me angry

8 ) Coogar flirted with the idea of wearing his blue shirt or his pink shirt to his first date with Busybody. Does this mean Coogar has an unhealthy fetish and sexual inclination to clothing items i.e. Does that make him an Objectum sexual or a paraphile

9) Idowuogbo and Ileke-idi have been flirting online with my 2 years old son since he was 3 months old, and he is set to e-marry them this December, having just saved enough to buy the sleeping mats they are going to be sleeping on in his room, because he refuses to share his babycot with them. Does this make them a peterfile paedophile

Na wah for this new art of intepreting out of context oh, na real war undecided

Gbam### cooooouuuurrrrrrrrtttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin tongue cool
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by slimyem: 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
@Busy-body.
hmmn..
"semantics" is a really big word...huh?

Madam,in your bid and hurry to rip apart my unpopular non-support of the online flirters' club and my supposed misuse of a word ,you failed to digest what was clearly spelt out in my post
Isn't "semantics" also a branch of logic concerned with words similar in meaning...which exactly was my point that failed to register with you?
2.Coogar inferred...(please check all posts of mine he responded to) that what was going on between Sagamite and you bunch of women was "just online banter" as against me defining it as flirting....which was was birthed the post you are critiquing pointlessly..!Check again!
3.I did not CLAIM that "flirt" is different from "banter".I was alluding that it meant the same or almost the same thing!!
4.See number 3 again and re-read my post again!!!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by slimyem: 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
5) In linguistics, the word "flirt" is an
"ambiguous" word i.e. it has more than
one possible meaning, and can be used
as a noun or as a verb.
Thank you for the schooling but Madam,i really do not have a need for it as i knew exactly what i was saying when i used the word and it was in no way out of context....!
Blame your "over-sabi"ness for getting the better of you before allowing you to process a few lines of a simple and straightforward post.

6) There is online flirting of the
amorous kind intended to arouse
intimate interest and done in secret
and out of the earshot of everyone
(JUST LIKE THE OP DESCRIBED)
7) There is online flirting devoid of any
intimate connotation aka the witty,
sharp, lighthearted good humoured
banter conducted in the open on
Nairaland by some trifling daughters of
eve who would not leave my Husband
Sagamite alone for me angry
8 ) Coogar flirted with the idea of
wearing his blue shirt or his pink shirt
to his first date with Busybody. Does
this mean Coogar has an unhealthy
fetish and intimate inclination to
clothing items i.e. Does that make him
an Objectum intimate or a paraphile huh
9) Idowuogbo and Ileke-idi have been
flirting online with my 2 years old son
since he was 3 months old, and he is
set to e-marry them this December,
having just saved enough to buy the
sleeping mats they are going to be
sleeping on in his room, because he
refuses to share his babycot with them.
Does this make them a peterfile
paedophile huh
Once again,you have failed to understand that this topic is/was expressly about the "married and online flirting" and my posts on this topic was my opinion of "married people and flirting online" which was in no way excessively critical!
There's no need but please get a job as a school teacher as you seem revel in the need to school people critically.

Na wah for this new art of intepreting
out of context oh, na real war
...and na real wa for this new art of quoting and misinterpreting one's post completely oh..na real wah!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by tpia1: 12:04am On Dec 01, 2012
Oh, slimyem vs busybody?

This is great.

Let me learn some new english and grammatical constructions here.

Please dont stop wink
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by tpia1: 12:05am On Dec 01, 2012
It IS slimyem vs busybody, right?

I havent been following the thread.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by baby124: 1:39am On Dec 01, 2012
Lmao! Nothing wrong with online flirting. cool. People take life to seriously and judge too harshly. Anything anyone does off and online is not my problem. Plus let the marrieds enjoy small outside of their normal lives now. As long as the people that matter in their life are not complaining, wetin concern me? wink
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by ifyalways(f): 4:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Nothing is right or wrong in marriage anymore so long as the 2 concerned parties are OK with it. Gone are the days of set rigid rules meant to fit "all"

What I see as flirting may come across as a harmless banter to some.

Naturally, when it gets to the stage of "exchange of phone numbers, offline meet ups" then its obvious one or both parties want more . . .

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2012
EDIT

Erm ok.

All these grammatical gymnastics is getting in the way of things.

while I have nothing against flirting especially amongst singles it is a different ball game when it involves married people.

my thought though: if you can't comfortably flirt in the presence of your other half then the red flag go up.

heres an observation . . .
many of the people who see nothing wrong in online flirting happen to be married women. . .

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by tpia1: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2012
not my business, i am not anyone's guardian or bodyguard around here, i dont get paid to monitor people [unlike some others], not everyone claiming to be married actually is married, why should i poke my nose in the affairs of grown people, some are simply winding others up with pretend play or pretend flirting, how do i even know what gender you are- i only know what gender you claim to be, some are yanshing each other outside of here, then come online and act like the flirting ends on nl, juju people dey here, spiritualist dey here, all sorts dey here, na im i go dey put mouth for wetin i nor know?

even many of the so-called christians in this place are anything but [never mind their thousand threads per day in religion section], i should now come and be checking to see who is "flirting" with who?

i might as well go bug their toilet! Check to see how many bm per shift.

some will even be both the flirter and the flirtee on the same thread. lipsrsealed Both fiance and fiancee, husband and wife, male and female, same person, multiple ids.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2012
Lmao! See guilty conscience wants to finish some people! Online flirting is online flirting ojare, stop trying to sugarcoat it.
Most of the so called 'banters' u say here,you probably cnt say it in the presence of your hubby/boyfriend to another guy. That makes it wrong. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ms.JuanMata:
Lmao! See guilty conscience wants to finish some people! Online flirting is online flirting ojare, stop trying to sugarcoat it.
Most of the so called 'banters' u say here,you probably cnt say it in the presence of your hubby/boyfriend to another guy. That makes it wrong. Shikena.

Abeg tell them oo!!!

The @OP is very clear on what he means and banter is not flirting. Banter can be flirty but the two words are not the same. Not according to the dictionary. They are not synonyms.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by denzel2009: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
What's wrong with coogar and BABE! I thought they have an agreed open relationship...please my friend coogar wetin happen?

BTW, kobojunkie baby... how would you like your eggs in the morning? scrambled, fried or Fertilized wink wink
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by BABE3: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
^^^ what's an open relationship ?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2012

many of the people who see nothing wrong in online flirting happen to be married women. . .

good one! I do wonder if some of these "married" women would say the exact same things if they were sitting in the same room with the person they are married to and the other person they happen to be flirting with. Would the conversation still go the same way?
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by slimyem: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
OMO IBO: EDIT

Erm ok.

All these grammatical gymnastics is getting in the way of things.

while I have nothing against flirting especially amongst singles it is a different ball game when it involves married people.

my thought though: if you can't comfortably flirt in the presence of your other half then the red flag go up.

....makes you wonder why they are taking what's supposed to be a normal discussion personally and being excessively defensive of their "just banter"....

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Busybody2(f): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
tpia1: Oh, slimyem vs busybody?

This is great.

Let me learn some new english and grammatical constructions here.

Please dont stop wink

It will be a cold day in hell... lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Busybody2(f): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
OMO IBO: EDIT

Erm ok.

[size=14pt]All these grammatical gymnastics is getting in the way of things.[/size]

There's over a million topics on this same forum at the last count...why this dead one...just an observation too cool
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Busybody2(f): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Slimyem

What is it with the hysterics and theaterics!!! This is still a public forum right, so if you are gonna stick out your neck to deride Coogar's post as playing semantics, why are you getting your knickers in a twist when someone else pulls up your post for your straw man's argument!!! You can dish, but you can't take huh!!!

slimyem:
@Busy-body.
hmmn..
"semantics" is a really big word...huh?

It is you we should be asking again

slimyem: @Madam,in your bid and hurry to rip apart my unpopular non-support of the online flirters' club and my supposed misuse of a word ,you failed to digest what was clearly spelt out in my post
Isn't "semantics" also a branch of logic concerned with words similar in meaning...which exactly was my point that failed to register with you?

Quit it with the verbosity... There is semantics, and there is semantic field. The fallacious lexical non-stunt you tried to pull up there with Coogar is chockablock full of lack of deductive reasoning, end of.

Statistical speaking, the "respondents against" are more than the "respondents for", so where did you pull out your unpopular fallacy from undecided

slimyem:
2.Coogar inferred...(please check all posts of mine he responded to) that what was going on between Sagamite and you bunch of women was "just online banter" as against me defining it as flirting....which was was birthed the post you are critiquing pointlessly..!Check again!
3.I did not CLAIM that "flirt" is different from "banter".I was alluding that it meant the same or almost the same thing!!
4.See number 3 again and re-read my post again!!!

Thank you for the schooling but Madam,i really do not have a need for it as i knew exactly what i was saying when i used the word and it was in no way out of context....!
Blame your "over-sabi"ness for getting the better of you before allowing you to process a few lines of a simple and straightforward post.

Coogar posited that not all definition of flirting has a sexual connection and are hence immoral, that it also means lighthearted bantering, you quoted the definition of both implying that they mean the same thing, I said Coogar is right meaning you are in the wrong undecided

You are the one who has a problem with grasping the concept of equivocation and semantic shift, so should not be the one sticking out your neck to correct someone in public, which was what you were trying to do, and had thought you had done with Coogar.

slimyem:
Once again,you have failed to understand that this topic is/was expressly about the "married and online flirting" and my posts on this topic was my opinion of "married people and flirting online" which was in no way excessively critical! There's no need but please get a job as a school teacher as you seem revel in the need to school people critically.
...and na real wa for this new art of quoting and misinterpreting one's post completely oh..na real wah!!

Keep your hair on, you posted quite a few times on this same topic, THE ONLY POST OF YOURS I PULLED OUT WAS THE ONE YOU CONDESCENDINGLY ACCUSED COOGAR OF PLAYING SEMANTICS YET YOU WERE THE ONE WHO GOOFED BIGTIME BECAUSE FOR A WORD TO HAVE A NOUN AND A TRANSITIVE VERB DEFINITION, THIS SIMPLY "MEANS" THAT THEIR MEANINGS ARE AUTOMATICALLY SEMANTICALLY DIFFERENT i.e. Coogar is right and you are just full of hot air.
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
jesus christ - see vocabulary!

like i have said, it's very wrong for people to opine online banter is the same thing as flirting. some of us are mature enough to know it starts and stops on nairaland.....funny how people read meanings to a non-event!

omo ibo's observation can also be reversed - many of the people who feel online banter is the same thing as infidelity are also single. the only deductive reasoning here is single folks are jealous of the married folks......single folks feel left out....

slimyem and her army should up the ante - maybe, just maybe una go get 35 online husbands like busy-body....
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Tgirl4real(f): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
ileobatojo:

Online flirting is generally not my type of thing but I don't feel strongly about it either way if it's occasional; few and far between. If it is an obsession, that's pervy and somewhat disgusting. That being said, I do not agree that all these Sagamite jokes qualify as flirting. I don't perceive attraction or interest from any of those ladies so to me, it's all just silly jokes.

How can u call building a mud hut for a girl so dat she can marry u serious flirting? LWKMD. grin grin grin

Abi na 2k salon money Efe can't afford?

Y'all just confess u are jealousing d married folks cos d single guys aint chasing u. Hehehehehehe

*justjokingo* grin
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by tpia1: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by coogar: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
tpia1: These women who flirt in real life, how do you do it?
Does it come naturally to you?
I observe women who " stake out" married men and i'm like, ok how do you do this.

there's no film trick.....just loosen the top 2 buttons of your blouse.....action speaks louder!

Being the ancient deeper lifer that i am, from the village, i tend to consider some things a no go area and dont even entertain the thought talkless allow it to nest anywhere near me, so i find it quite intriguing when i see others with no qualms.

so what should we call the "e-flirting" between you and dayokanu all these years, huh? the day mrs dayokanu catches you in chicago, she would put 2 slugs in the left side of your chest!
Re: Let's Talk About Online Flirting... by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
Tgirl4real:

How can u call building a mud hut for a girl so dat she can marry u serious flirting? LWKMD. grin grin grin

I bow o!

Abi na 2k salon money Efe can't afford?

O se o!

Y'all just confess u are jealousing d married folks cos d single guys aint chasing u. Hehehehehehe

Tell it!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / First Son Named After Wife's First Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.