Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6046175 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (3567) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iogobenz(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
toluxa1:

Thread says Cook in your kitchen. This one na restaurant na
undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Yes, I do refridgeration now. The first time I saw it sour was when I went to visit a fam-friend. She asked if I would eat FR, I said yes. All for her to get into the kitchen and called me out to tell me the FR has gotten soured. I totally forgot that incident till it happened to me.

I was just wondering what I might be doing wrong. Maybe someone here will know. Make I dey wait...

Good morning and have a nice day wink

Just try to cook the rice enough for your meal.Fried Rice shouldn't last more than two days.

And make sure you don't over cook your rice

If you want the rice to last more than two days, after cooking, don't fry everything with your veggies, reserve some rice. Whenever you wanna eat the rice, you can cut your Veggies and fry with the remaining rice.

Note: My opinion, someone else might have different view.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
Prestonn:

Just try to cook the rice enough for your meal.Fried Rice shouldn't last more than two days.

And make sure you don't over cook your rice

If you want the rice to last more than two days, after cooking, don't fry everything with your veggies, reserve some rice. Whenever you wanna eat the rice, you can cut your Veggies and fry with the remaining rice.

Note: My opinion, someone else might have a different view.

Thanks Prestonn. This happened in about 8hrs though. It wasn't even overnight o, neither was it much. Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Thanks Prestonn. This happened in about 8hrs though. It wasn't even overnight o, neither was it much. Lol
Did you cover the rice before it get cold, or was the rice over cook?

After frying your rice, you need to take it out from the pot or pan and spread it on a flat board to get cold.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GoodFaith: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
odeguaomon:
Breakfast
Edo girl?
breakfast?
what will u eat for lunch-?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Prestonn:

Did you cover the rice before it get cold, or was the rice over cook?

After frying your rice, you need to take it out from the pot or pan and spread it on a flat board to get cold.

No, it wasn't over cooked.

The latter part of your post is very new to me. Lol. I will try that out and get back to you.

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I like how the colour is dark. Nice one babe.

Does your fried rice sour after a while?
Who knows how to prevent this abeg?
. Someone told me that before putting my chicken (stock) into the rice, I should pour it through a sieve first cos of the particles. That's what have been doing.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
Enjoying this.
Guess what tongue kiss

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
vivigurl:
. Someone told me that before putting my chicken (stock) into the rice, I should pour it through a sieve first cos of the particles. That's what have been doing.

Okay, I will try it all o. Never did this too tbh!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2019
angeltolly:
It's world food day today! Theme is OUR ACTIONS ARE OUR FUTURE: Healthy diet for a zero hunger world And it was awesome here in Lagos with farmers from all LGAs showcasing their best! Enough to buy and sell.

The fishes cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by olabrinks(f): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
Dinner. Yam and ayamase stew

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

When you are in a very humid environment, cooked food can sour fast. If u didn't refrigerate, keep the pot almost open.
The presence of half cooked veggies used hasten the microbes. If u used raw onion or half cooked onion, be sure that in hrs time, the taste will change and that affects the food.
Nothing spoils food as quick as onion.

Yes, fried rice can sour.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

The latter part of your post is very new to me. Lol. I will try that out and get back to you.
Thanks
This one is strong cheesy

Was the rice fried or cooked with veggies?

Some folks cook theirs with vegg and call it fried rice also.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
sassysure:

Enjoying this.
Guess what tongue kiss
looks like lentil, Mexican chickpeas or beans grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
It can't be lentils, I haven't see such method of preparation though.

Might be Maize or Cassava cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KingKayxCee11(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
someone cannot come here and see egusi and fufu again?
even if we nor fit cook am, make i for salivate on top am for this thread o biko.

Over to the chefs.
To all that make this thread colourful, dalu nu rie nne.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
U tried with Mexican chickpeas kiss
It's on my weekend shopping list.

If it's good, will swap it with plain flour for some things

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Prestonn:

It can't be lentils, I haven't see such method of preparation though.

Might be Maize or Cassava cheesy

U! cheesy cheesy

Maize flour doesn't look rough na cheesy

Surprised tongue cheesy

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Thanks
I totally forgot to include that latter part Chasers wrote. After I warm, I don't cover. I leave it open till it's not so hot, and all the steam is gone before covering. Then the rice shouldn't be so soft, but chewable, o kwesiri I gba one one cheesy Works for me. Try that

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yeyeosoronga: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Yes, I do refridgeration now. The first time I saw it sour was when I went to visit a fam-friend. She asked if I would eat FR, I said yes. All for her to get into the kitchen and called me out to tell me the FR has gotten soured. I totally forgot that incident till it happened to me.

I was just wondering what I might be doing wrong. Maybe someone here will know. Make I dey wait...

Good morning and have a nice day wink

NEPA has been at work, that's why.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mariangeles:

Why some guys no dey ever dey content with wetin them get ? Hmm? undecided
On top of that, una go come paint one sad story about how things hard .
Covetousness na bad thing o

Learn to be content with what you have .
Lol, this has nothing to do with lack of contentment...
Everyone has something they value and are willing to pay the premium for...
Even if i had the cash, getting an expensive device is not the 1st priority, other things come first, but this one is also important to me...
Not for show off but cos i enjoy using premium phones.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
olabrinks:
Dinner. Yam and ayamase stew
Please give us the recipe for the stew, the name sounds Ghanaian BTW.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by angeltolly(f): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
sassysure:

The fishes cry

You want? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Dinner

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by angeltolly(f): 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
This is not semo or eba or fufu.... This is Pupuru (Ondo people can relate) with Worowo vegetable (Ekiti people can relate) wink

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hafsatadebisi: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

What's next to the orange in that plate?
Chocolate Cookies.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2019
Homemade Fish Taco!

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Darkseid(m): 3:48am On Oct 18, 2019
sassysure:

Enjoying this.
Guess what tongue kiss
Looks like baked eba undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:24am On Oct 18, 2019
sassysure:

U! cheesy cheesy
Maize flour doesn't look rough na cheesy
Surprised tongue cheesy
cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2019
angeltolly:

You want? cheesy
Yes o.
Have been salivating since cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 18, 2019
Prestonn:

cheesy cheesy
Don't laugh cheesy

I mentioned it some posts ago tongue

Butternut squash is like what we call anyĆ¹ in igbo when cooked. So very sweet. Thicken with oat flour and u get that.

If there is no oat flour, grind the normal oat with the grinder used for dry things.

I cut small small and cook for like 8 minutes before blending as it's very strong. So when cooked, can be blended as one does beans for moi moi.
Healthy alternative for pounded yam, foofoo or garri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2019
sassysure:

Don't laugh cheesy

I mentioned it some posts ago tongue

Butternut squash is like what we call anyĆ¹ in igbo when cooked. So very sweet. Thicken with oat flour and u get that.

If there is no oat flour, grind the normal oat with the grinder used for dry things.

I cut small small and cook for like 8 minutes before blending as it's very strong. So when cooked, can be blended as one does beans for moi moi.
Healthy alternative for pounded yam, foofoo or garri.

What of tuwonshinkafa, tuwondawa tuwonmasara, semolina, semovita, wheat , they are also good Swallows wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (3567) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.