Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5779667 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Deolaw:
Happy Sunday from the Remo guy

Ikokore dish
Ikokore!

Nice.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2019
Happy Sunday foodies!

I quickly made this after service today. Fried rice, beef and blanched veggies.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Deolaw: 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

I'm interested in this.
Explain what this is made of pls kiss

I'm not good at narrating but I will try

Ingredients:
1 tuber of Water yam
Grounded pepper
Crayfish, dried fish or tiny shredded meat
Palm oil
Seasoning

Processing:
1. Cut and peel your yam to quite handy sizes then Grate to the smoothest paste you can achieve. Smallest holes of the grater is best

2. Add some salt and powdered seasoning (little quantity) to the yam paste you got. Mix/turn till everything is circulated. Put paste aside.

3. Place your average or large pot on fire. Pour some water (3 glass cups). Add some Grounded pepper. Add some salt. Add some seasoning (one cube). Wait till it boils.

4. Prepare your dried fish and Crayfish somewhere. Add some warm water to soften it. Seive off and put in a plate combined with other stuff you wish to add (ponmo or shredded meat). Put aside to be used later

5. When the water in the pot is boiling, add the pasty water yam in qualities (like you are adding large Akara balls into a frying pan). When completely added, spread your Crayfish, dried fish and meats into it.

6. Cover to boil for like 10 minutes. Be vigilant to be sure it doesn't burn underneath. Taste to be sure the yam is well cooked.

7. Add some palm oil and cover the pot for it to steam (5 mins). Taste for enough salt quantity.

8. Serve hot. Can be eaten with cold Eba or drinking garri with chilled juice.

I hope I tried. You can ask questions. I'm not good at narrating but I cook it so well. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

Fear fear cheesy
It's rolled pancake cheesy kiss
LOL! You can imagine. This will go with a hot cup of coffee. The weather's cold here. Imela smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bigcee(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
Yuneehk:
You look like my sis. Very cute.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Akposy:
Happy Sunday foodies!
I quickly made this after service today. Fried rice, beef and blanched veggies.
Beautiful tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
Village Kitchen

Tradition... Palm Oil Rice.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
I just remembered Jagugu88li embarassed
Shout out to her jolly self wherever she is

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
bigcee:
You look like my sis. Very cute.
So many lookalikes. Thank you embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Plskindadvise: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sunday rice and stew tongue

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

Don't laugh cheesy

I mentioned it some posts ago tongue

Butternut squash is like what we call anyù in igbo when cooked. So very sweet. Thicken with oat flour and u get that.

If there is no oat flour, grind the normal oat with the grinder used for dry things.

I cut small small and cook for like 8 minutes before blending as it's very strong. So when cooked, can be blended as one does beans for moi moi.
Healthy alternative for pounded yam, foofoo or garri.

Wow, so one can use anyu + oat to suffice for garri(swallow)?...

I eat anyu with utazi sauce... Maybe will try this one u saying o.. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Youngzedd(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Happening right now.

Ofe akwu jollof rice.

Those in the east doesn't know how far we crave for native food, which isn't easily available outside the region unless you have to do the cooking by yourself.

Mehn, it looks as if I am celebrating my birthday today grin grin grin

Local man and local rice. This food is best prepared with local rice.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

U are not alone kiss
I'm not a fan of any either.
I can prepare pizza for the family, only taste and it ends there.
Same with burger. I can't touch hot dog. Don't know why I hate it so much.
I wanted to try sharwama but I read here sometime ago that u will end up sleeping in the toilet so I just respected myself cheesy

cheesy

Is not true o, no mind inside village people and their advise.
Make or purchase sharwama and enjoy, its a healthy meal with a complete balanced diet.

If you are scared, Take apple cider or any good champagne after taking it for the first time. U will get use to eat.

If you don't do alcohol, coca cola can...

las las all this na junks, women keeping physique in check, avoids them.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Akposy:

Yummy! Which animal is oxtail gotten from? What are those red berries called
Oxtail is the tail of a cow and bison.
The one I bought is from the tail of a cow.
The tail is cut off, skinned, then cut into sections.
What you see on the plate are some of the sections of one tail.

The little red berries are called raspberries.
They come in black, yellow/golden, purple, and red.
They're ancient berries - they've been around since prehistoric times.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
Vegetable n eggs plus fish... on a protein diet grin

Comman chow... wink

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Youngzedd:
Happening right now.

Ofe akwu jollof rice.

Those in the east doesn't know how far we crave for native food, which isn't easily available outside the region unless you have to do the cooking by yourself.

Pure igbo way.... cheesy

hope u added scent leaf...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
Depends on who made the shawarma. But I’m with you on hotdogs.
I think it’s the pinkness that puts me off. And of course how processed it is.
sassysure:

U are not alone kiss
I'm not a fan of any either.
I can prepare pizza for the family, only taste and it ends there.
Same with burger. I can't touch hot dog. Don't know why I hate it so much.
I wanted to try sharwama but I read here sometime ago that u will end up sleeping in the toilet so I just respected myself cheesy

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Deolaw:

I'm not good at narrating but I will try

Ingredients:
1 tuber of Water yam
Grounded pepper
Crayfish, dried fish or tiny shredded meat
Palm oil
Seasoning

Processing:
1. Cut and peel your yam to quite handy sizes then Grate to the smoothest paste you can achieve. Smallest holes of the grater is best

2. Add some salt and powdered seasoning (little quantity) to the yam paste you got. Mix/turn till everything is circulated. Put paste aside.

3. Place your average or large pot on fire. Pour some water (3 glass cups). Add some Grounded pepper. Add some salt. Add some seasoning (one cube). Wait till it boils.

4. Prepare your dried fish and Crayfish somewhere. Add some warm water to soften it. Seive off and put in a plate combined with other stuff you wish to add (ponmo or shredded meat). Put aside to be used later

5. When the water in the pot is boiling, add the pasty water yam in qualities (like you are adding large Akara balls into a frying pan). When completely added, spread your Crayfish, dried fish and meats into it.

6. Cover to boil for like 10 minutes. Be vigilant to be sure it doesn't burn underneath. Taste to be sure the yam is well cooked.

7. Add some palm oil and cover the pot for it to steam (5 mins). Taste for enough salt quantity.

8. Serve hot. Can be eaten with cold Eba or drinking garri with chilled juice.

I hope I tried. You can ask questions. I'm not good at narrating but I cook it so well. Lol

Thank u, thank u tongue
U explained everything a tongue cheesy

I know this!
Afikpo people call it òtò.
So sweet. I met the eating but not the cooking and dived in somewheregrin.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Munzy14:

cheesy

Is not true o, no mind inside village people and their advise.
Make or purchase sharwama and enjoy, its a healthy meal with a complete balanced diet.

If you are scared, Take apple cider or any good champagne after taking it for the first time. U will get use to eat.

If you don't do alcohol, coca cola can...

las las all this na junks, women keeping physique in check, avoids them.
Okay o cheesy
I agree grin
U even added my nemesis( champagne and Coca-Cola) cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sunday rice....

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

Okay o cheesy
I agree grin

When I read that, I thought to myself "wait for it..." grin grin grin

Truth is, we mustn't eat everything .

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mariangeles:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

Okay o cheesy
I agree grin
cheesy..... oooh... las las one man meat, na serious poison for another... lol

The drinks na for the stomach upset sha.. cheesy

I had friend forming wats up lady, until she had two rolls and couldn't come out the next day... grin

More like someone visiting Chinese restaurant for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mariangeles:

True talk...
But no be for persons with longer throat o..cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ADUKKY(f): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
Palm oil rice and plantain

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Munzy14:

True talk...

But no be for persons with longer throat o..cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
Munzy14:

cheesy..... oooh... las las one man meat, na serious poison for another... lol

The drinks na for the stomach upset sha.. cheesy

I had friend forming wats up lady, until she had two rolls and couldn't come out the next day... grin

More like someone visiting Chinese restaurant for the first time.
So I was right cheesy
I read terrible posts about it. U take a lady out, she will wanna form ajebo and ask for sharwama. Oya, take her home, her frequent trip for number 2 will not allow u to enjoy her tongue
Some guys said no more sharwama cheesy cheesy on a date.

I cook and eat traditional Chinese Chinese foods that resemble ours somehow. We actually have a lot in common with them.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Youngzedd:
Happening right now.

Ofe akwu jollof rice.

Your eyes will swell up in the morning tongue cheesy
I miss this.
This is the best jollof rice ever kiss
Best with abakaliki rice.

U just can't replicate this with red oil. The taste is different.

U are a correct nwa afò.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
Akara for breakfast. Everyone is happy.
tongue

PS attempting to fry akara with a deep frier is harder than using a regular pot.
I had to switch midway. For more control .

Turned out delicious

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Anonymous29: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
cococandy:
Akara for breakfast. Everyone is happy.
tongue

PS attempting to fry akara with a deep frier is harder than using a regular pot.
I had to switch midway. For more control .

Turned out delicious

I need this right now with pap n lots of milk.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Come join
Anonymous29:

I need this right now with pap n lots of milk.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Youngzedd(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
sassysure:

Your eyes will swell up in the morning tongue cheesy
I miss this.
This is the best jollof rice ever kiss
Best with abakaliki rice.

U just can't replicate this with red oil. The taste is different.

U are a correct nwa afò.

Nothing will happen to my face/eyes, I didn't start cooking today. Prepared it with natural recipes.

Just make sure you don't add all this artificials (chemicals) called seasoning they put inside sachets and containers.

The is rice is actually abakiliki stone free rice.

Igbo Kwenu

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: UmmuFarah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.