Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,745 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5854768 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) ... (3497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by duchaB(m): 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:
Have some eggs tongue

Always nice. Nne, I am psychically perceiving the aroma of the fried eggs from here. Did u still.try the garlic.. Maybe not your thing ..

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by duchaB(m): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Pages here are about to hit 2020, any synchronicity..
I shld at least post St nice before 2020.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
duchaB:

Always nice. Nne, I am psychically perceiving the aroma of the fried eggs from here. Did u still.try the garlic.. Maybe not your thing ..

Thank you.
With that one, I didn't.
I'll soon smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! cry
You broke my heart cry
We were counting on you to take that lead grin
I guess I'll have to take than mantle...soon grin

Yummy looking by the way kiss

Heart breaker is my second name. tongue

GboyegaD is experimenting with moi moi today. I am waiting for the pictures. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
GboyegaD:

It looks good though and I'm sure it will taste good as well. Funny enough, I chose to try the unpeeled one. It is currently in the oven. I am anxiously waiting as hunger dey sama me dis morning.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Looking forward to see the end result.
The moi moi was the first thing I have eaten today too. I am glad I did the cleaning before I started cooking because I am so full that I can no longer move. embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
After seeing those Moimoi made without peeling the Beans to ensure no nutrient is lost, finally settled for it for Breakfast.

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
GboyegaD:
After seeing those Moimoi made without peeling the Beans to ensure no nutrient is lost, finally settled for it for Breakfast.

Please tell us about the taste and it's texture.

How is it different from the traditional one made from picking peeled beans?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Please tell us about the taste and it's texture.

How is it different from the traditional one made from picking peeled beans?

I am not sure if there is any difference in the taste however, the dots could be because of the chaff. As for the color, I don't have red bell Peppers at home so that could be one of the reasons it isn't red like the traditional ones.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Legitdimple:
Colorful picture you've got here Prestonn.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Your images are always inspiring to me. This is awesome. I have downloaded for personal use sha. Ramadan Kareem
Na gode sosai smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
BlueRayDick:

grin cheesy

U wee sha find way to smuggle that Ur Dangote pasta inside sha ni.

Same way you smuggled turkey into that meal tongue.

GboyegaD:

I am not sure if there is any difference in the taste however, the dots could be because of the chaff. As for the color, I don't have red bell Peppers at home so that could be one of the reasons it isn't red like the traditional ones.

Please tell me I can stick to that method. I hate washing beans manually.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
GboyegaD:

Cool! smiley cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good day to you all.
Please how do I stop my pot from getting food burnt. Every time I cook jollof it gets burnt I’m even suspecting if I boil water with the pot it will get burnt. Please what do I do to the pot? I don’t stir jollof rice while cooking.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Beans n fish sauce n plantain for lunch
Made mini bread buns...will take it with tea for dinner

25 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:

My stomach is screaming loud ooo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
Upforsex:
Good day to you all.
Please how do I stop my pot from getting food burnt. Every time I cook jollof it gets burnt I’m even suspecting if I boil water with the pot it will get burnt. Please what do I do to the pot? I don’t stir jollof rice while cooking.

But we have always known burnt jollof to be the real deal tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tundexi:

But we have always known burnt jollof to be the real deal tongue

grin This one is not that kinda burnt jollof.

You know when the rice is not soft yet and it’s getting burnt. It’s annoying. Let somebody help out.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Upforsex:
Good day to you all.

If it get burnt fast den u are doing something wrong..... The hint is that immediately you pour in ur washed rice into ur boiling base sauce DO NOT USE SPOON TO STIR, PLS USE A WOODEN SPATULA TO DO ANY STIR TILL IT GETS DONE.
AFTER COOKING FOR FIRST 15MINS PLS REDUCE THE GAS N LET COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR THE REMAINING 15MINS
Jollof rice must burn so u get that smokey feeling but sudnt get burn too much.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tundexi:

My stomach is screaming loud ooo

Pls drink water so it stops screaming
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:

If it get burnt fast den u are doing something wrong..... The hint is that immediately you pour in ur washed rice into ur boiling base sauce DO NOT USE SPOON TO STIR, PLS USE A WOODEN SPATULA TO DO ANY STIR TILL IT GETS DONE.
AFTER COOKING FOR FIRST 15MINS PLS REDUCE THE GAS N LET COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR THE REMAINING 15MINS
Jollof rice must burn so u get that smokey feeling but sudnt get burn too much.

I will act with this. Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:

Pls drink water so it stops screaming

Water couldn't stop it ooooo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:
Fried rice with Chicken.

GboyegaD:

Wetin I do, biko?

you are getting on my nerves!!

HaBa! , do you want to kill us.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by salford1: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
Poundo yam, efo, cowtail, diced ponmo and strips of eja kika fish. Eja kika is expensive so I just tear to pieces.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
hmmm, upforsex as a moniker in food section is crazy, more like you want to rape us in the kitchen , Ah! we have a predator in the house, watch out everyone .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:

Cool! smiley cheesy

That could've been us cheesy
After all the lecture I gave cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Upforsex:
Good day to you all.

You may need to change your pot to non-stick Teflon. There are particular types of pots (surfaces) that are prone to burning stuff easily.

Or just get aluminum pot but there is unproven debate that this type of pot causes cancer over time more so if you use metal cooking spoon as the metal scratches the bottom and side of the pot into your food. So if you get an aluminum pot, use a wooden or silicone spoon. I hope this helps.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
payperpost:
hmmm, upforsex as a moniker in food section is crazy, more like you want to rape us in the kitchen , Ah! we have a predator in the house, watch out everyone .

Here everyone needs to watch out for their food lol else I take them unawares
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
diordaves:

You may need to change your pot to non-stick Teflon. There are particular types of pots (surfaces) that are prone to burning stuff easily.

Or just get aluminum pot but there is unproven debate that this type of pot causes cancer over time more so if you use metal cooking spoon as the metal scratches the bottom and side of the pot into your food. So if you get an aluminum pot, use a wooden or silicone spoon. I hope this helps.

Yeah thanks. It’s helped.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
Upforsex:

grin This one is not that kinda burnt jollof.

You know when the rice is not soft yet and it’s getting burnt. It’s annoying. Let somebody help out.

Cooking your jollof rice at medium heat to low heat at the last stage will prevent or minimize burning.
The best time to set it will be when your rice have absorbed much of the liquid to avoid it being soggy.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

That could've been us cheesy
After all the lecture I gave cry

Don't tell Goyega but my color looks nicer after all. tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:

Nice presentation! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:

Don't tell Goyega but my color looks nicer after all. tongue grin

His has more fiber tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) ... (3497) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: esof1(f), Caaz and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.