Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,320 members, 7,867,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5855272 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) ... (3497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Upforsex: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

Cooking your jollof rice at medium heat to low heat at the last stage will prevent or minimize burning.
The best time to set it will be when your rice have absorbed much of the liquid to avoid it being soggy.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:

Nice presentation! cheesy

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
With the excitement of the lockdown and having everyone around, plus abundance of beans, I measured 1200grams (3 measures of half derica tin) of beans to make akara and it was an all-the-akara-you-can-eat fest.
Omo! I fry akara taya! cry
Laslas,
I refrigerated the rest to continue the frying the next day, but I had mad fun making it. cheesy
It was super crunchy on the outside tongue

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
Let me bring my spoon.
motunabby:
Beans n fish sauce n plantain for lunch
Made mini bread buns...will take it with tea for dinner
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:
With the excitement of the lockdown, having everyone around and abundance of beans, I measured 1200grams (3 measures of half derica tin) of beans to make akara and it was an all-the-akara-you-can-eat fest.
Omo! I fry akara taya! cry
Laslas,
I refrigerated the rest to continue the frying the next day, but I had mad fun making it. cheesy
It was super crunchy on the outside tongue

Sandwich this with agege bread and wash it down with palmwine . . . .

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

His has more fiber tongue

Has he got fish and eggs inside too? tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Time to break
My Allah accept it as an act of ibadah

Potato
Meat sauce with the pepper

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:
Beans n fish sauce n plantain for lunch
Made mini bread buns...will take it with tea for dinner
Yummy! What happened with the bread? You didn't knead it well? cos the uncooked one doesn't look elastic
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Apple pancakes.

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
salford1:
Poundo yam, efo, cowtail, diced ponmo and strips of eja kika fish. Eja kika is expensive so I just tear to pieces.
Ayam hungry.

What's the difference between cowtail and ponmo..I thought cowtail is the English word for ponmo

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mariaangeles, I peeled the apples too tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:
Apple pan cakes.
Is that powdered sugar. Help with your recipe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:
Mariaangeles, I peeled the apples too tongue
grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
Let me bring my spoon.

Bring fork instead
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Is that powdered sugar. Help with your recipe

Yes, it is.

2 cups of all purpose plain flour
1/4 cup of sugar (or more)
2 teaspoons baking powder/soda
a pinch of salt
2-3 teaspoons vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup milk (or more)
2-4 apples (depending on how many you want) cut in slices

Mix everything together. Make sure the dough is rather thick but not too thick so add the milk slowly and add more if necessary.

Fry in a pan for about 2 minutes from each side. You may use more or less oil. It depends on you. I used little. Next time I will try margarine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Yummy! What happened with the bread? You didn't knead it well? cos the uncooked one doesn't look elastic

Very elastic n so soft inside just that I dint roll the ball shape well n again maybe cos it was on a flat tray. But thx all dsame
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:

Yes, it is.

2 cups of all purpose plain flour
1/4 cup of sugar (or more)
2 teaspoons baking powder/soda
a pinch of salt
2-3 teaspoons vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup milk (or more)
2-4 apples (depending on how many you want) cut in slices

Mix everything together. Make sure the dough is rather thick but not too thick so add the milk slowly and add more if necessary.

Fry in a pan for about 2 minutes from each side. You may use more or less oil. It depends on you. I used little. Next time I will try margarine.

Thanks. Will the apple not affect the round formation of the pancake. How thick should the apple slices be

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
motunabby:

Very elastic n so soft inside just that I dint roll the ball shape well n again maybe cos it was on a flat tray. But thx all dsame
Oh...okay then. Well done
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Thanks. Will the apple not affect the round formation of the pancake. How thick should the apple slices be

Don't worry about the shape. They are not supposed to be in perfect shape as they won't leave anyone in perfect shape either. grin

On a more serious note, each of them will have a different shape. The apple slices shouldn't be too thin. I like them a little bit thicker but it's a matter of preference. You will have to try it out. Cut the apple like you would cut your tomato in slices and next time you may want to cut them even thicker. Add the apples to the dough and mix it together. I used a soup spoon to put it in the hot oil. I made some bigger and some smaller.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Castleberry: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Yam peppersoup

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Castleberry:
Yam peppersoup

I am craving pepper soup but I want to eat it with plantains inside.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Castleberry: 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:

I am craving pepper soup but I want to eat it with plantains inside.

I’m making it with plantain next week smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Castleberry:

I’m making it with plantain next week smiley

cheesy tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Oh...okay then. Well done

N again I cudnt find my brush to apply d milk n Egg wash so I used spoon to put it so it gave a rough surface

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
@Akposy
Just in case there is a misunderstanding. For the dough use normal sugar. The powdered sugar is for the end product.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Torie8(f): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

We pray for peace all over the world.

Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim Brothers and Sisters. May this holy month bring the hand of peace and healing.

God is the greatest.

SAFE WORLD
Whenever Prestonn posts you will know it's him.
Lovely

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Sandwich this with agege bread and wash it down with palmwine . . . .

With palmwine? That's odd cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hathor5:
@Akposy
Just in case there is a misunderstanding. For the dough use normal sugar. The powdered sugar is for the end product.
Thanks boss. Noted
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Apple Tart...as I no fit cook, make I do throwback pics grin

I didn't make this personally. We were thought in Pastry class....this was the end result.

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ayeesha: 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:
Apple Tart...as I no fit cook, make I do throwback pics grin

I didn't make this personally. We were thought in Pastry class....this was the end result.

Hian! So what have you been eating na?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Torie8:
Whenever Prestonn posts you will know it's him.
Lovely
Wow cheesy cheesy Thanks Dear.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by salford1: 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Akposy:

Ayam hungry.

What's the difference between cowtail and ponmo..I thought cowtail is the English word for ponmo
They are different. Cow (male cow or Ox/bull) tail is simply the tail of a cow, while ponmo is processed hide or processed cow skin.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) ... (3497) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.