Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5756557 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Heh. 'Passion' is stretching it a bit. I doubt I can ever be passionate about cooking ever since I got one of my breasts scalded in the kitchen. Cococandy knows the story grin

Okay, liking for cooking then. You and I know it starts from "I will try this and then, it comes nice". This will encourage you to do more. Remember na from clap we dey enta dance.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 12:29pm On May 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You have done well cheesy

I used to be like u seeing cooking as a chore. In the university I had 3 roommates who enjoy cooking a lot that they do fight for the chance to cook. So all tru university I only cooked like twice. They always cook and I always eat.

It was when I was posted to the north for NYSC things change. My PPA was a government school quite far from the town and u can't buy any cooked food in that village. We live in the school compound and we only go to town mostly when allawee is paid or on special ocassions.

Being always lazy about cooking, I took enough garri from home and with kulikuli quite cheap there, I bought enough to last for 2 weeks grin. I won't even lie, I took garri to the extent I was sick within a week and half. More like the garri just dug out some malady or something.I couldn't step out of my room for a full day.

The second day while on my sick bed, a female corper that also hailed from Lagos cooked better rice and fried stew topped with beef and brought it to my sick bed. Somebody helped me get malaria drugs and I devoured the food hungrily. That same evening she brought me yam and egg that tasted really nice and I used my drugs.

I kid you not, the next day I was back on my feet full of life. Right there and then I knew my problem was related to not eating good food. That was how I enter town buy all the buyables including that Hausa smoked catfish, prepared better stew and chop better rice and beans with it. grin

And since then you haven't looked back cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 12:29pm On May 14, 2020
GboyegaD:

Okay, liking for cooking then. Youb I now it starts from I will try this and it comes nice encourages you to do more. Remember na from clap we dey enta dance.
Your keypad is typing Igbira, darling.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 12:32pm On May 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I used to be like u seeing cooking as a chore. In the university I had 3 roommates who enjoy cooking a lot that they do fight for the chance to cook. So all tru university I only cooked like twice. They always cook and I always eat.

It was when I was posted to the north for NYSC things change. My PPA was a government school quite far from the town and u can't buy any cooked food in that village. We live in the school compound and we only go to town mostly when allawee is paid or on special ocassions.

Being always lazy about cooking, I took enough garri from home and with kulikuli quite cheap there, I bought enough to last for 2 weeks grin. I won't even lie, I took garri to the extent I was sick within a week and half. More like the garri just dug out some malady or something.I couldn't step out of my room for a full day.

The second day while on my sick bed, a female corper that also hailed from Lagos cooked better rice and fried stew topped with beef and brought it to my sick bed. Somebody helped me get malaria drugs and I devoured the food hungrily. That same evening she brought me yam and egg that tasted really nice and I used my drugs.

I kid you not, the next day I was back on my feet full of life. Right there and then I knew my problem was related to not eating good food. That was how I enter town buy all the buyables including that Hausa smoked catfish, prepared better stew and chop better rice and beans with it. grin

grin grin

The garri story is quite funny. grin

God bless the lady who cooked for you when you were sick. I really love such acts of kindness. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
Woke up very hungry and had a quick breakfast from the snacks earlier made for the week.

Breakfast:
Meat pie and ginger infused hot chocolate.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

And since then you haven't looked back cheesy

Yes o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Your keypad is typing Igbira, darling.

Fixed.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:39pm On May 14, 2020
Local rice with palm oil eja kika stew

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 14, 2020

20 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chii8(f): 1:23pm On May 14, 2020
Spaghetti...

28 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 1:30pm On May 14, 2020
Hathor5:

grin grin

The garri story is quite funny. grin

God bless the lady who cooked for you when you were sick. I really love such acts of kindness. smiley

Yes o. God bless her for that

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:37pm On May 14, 2020
This your story is waking up some cravings in me.

Dry fish rice cheesy

BlueRayDick:

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:38pm On May 14, 2020
Craving something like this or native jollof
Mariangeles:

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Drizzy5001(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:
pls how did u prepare the stew, I would like to learn.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 1:47pm On May 14, 2020
GboyegaD:
Woke up very hungry and had a quick breakfast from the snacks earlier made for the week.

Breakfast:
Meat pie and ginger infused hot chocolate.
How does hot chocolate taste like? Milo?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 1:48pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:
Recipe please...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DriggityDre: 2:03pm On May 14, 2020
See food everywhere.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

How does hot chocolate taste like? Milo?

Not exactly. Not too much of tea person till now. I am more of the coffee person.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:18pm On May 14, 2020
Ish ilove you get luck say I just got older and energy level is low. I for bring you out of this thread, beat you well well. grin grin

You think say na literature be this? When Ishi cook afang, wetin go happen? grin

No mind me, we are proud of you.

I want to make oha, people waiting in mind much. See small oha they sold for me N200, a cup of palm fruit, N300. Them come tie the achi small small, like say na cocaine.

Walahi, I will soon go back to my village.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:28pm On May 14, 2020
cococandy:
Craving something like this or native jollof

The stew is a trap ...you'll be tempted to eat more rice than you planned to.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:30pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Ishilove you get luck say I just got older and energy level is low. I for bring you out of this thread, beat you well well. grin grin

You think say na literature be this? When Ishi cook afang, wetin go happen? grin

I want to make oha, people waiting in mind much. See small oha they sold for me N200, a cup of palm fruit, N300. Them come tie the achi small small, like say na cocaine.

Ingredients for the real deal...
The aroma no go be here o...e go enter soul
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:37pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Ingredients for the real deal...
The aroma no go be here o...e go enter soul

You sabi the thing. I don’t know how to cook it any other way. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:47pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Recipe please...

Fresh tomatoes and peppers chopped or roughly blended
Onions chopped ( a good amount for sweetness)
Smoked fish or dried fish cleaned (I used eja kika)
Crayfish (for taste)
Cowskin ( I didn't use it this time)
Palm oil
Salt

Method:

1. Heat your palm oil, but do not allow to bleach

2. Add in your chopped onions, stir and allow to fry a bit

3. Add in your fresh tomatoes and peppers blend, stir and allow to fry for some minutes

4. Add your cleaned dried or smoked fish and ground crayfish, salt to taste, seasoning (optional), cleaned cowskin (if you're using), stir well and allow to fry
* Taste to balance your salt and seasoning if you're using

Your palm oil stew is ready ( I also call it village stew)
It is very easy and very delicious.

Note: This recipe does not require tomato paste, just fresh tomatoes.
If you're a fan of onions, use a good amount and there'd be no need for seasoning cubes.
Crayfish is also very important for that local taste.

Drizzy5001

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 4:54pm On May 14, 2020
Unpeeled beans moimoi, laziness didn't allow me wash it(hate washing beans anyways).

Tastes delicious and full of fiber grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 5:17pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Ishilove you get luck say I just got older and energy level is low. I for bring you out of this thread, beat you well well. grin grin

That, darling, will be gazetted in PDF format and titled: Afang Soup: Finesse and Preparation cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 5:17pm On May 14, 2020
Liftedhands:
Unpeeled beans moimoi, laziness didn't allow me wash it(hate washing beans anyways).

Tastes delicious and full of fiber grin
Looks delicious though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Fresh tomatoes and peppers chopped or roughly blended
Onions chopped ( a good amount for sweetness)
Smoked fish or dried fish cleaned (I used eja kika)
Crayfish (for taste)
Cowskin ( I didn't use it this time)
Palm oil
Salt no

Method:

1. Heat your palm oil, but do not allow to bleach

2. Add in your chopped onions, stir and allow to fry a bit

3. Add in your fresh tomatoes and peppers blend, stir and allow to fry for some minutes

4. Add your cleaned dried or smoked fish and ground crayfish, salt to taste, seasoning (optional), cleaned cowskin (if you're using), stir well and allow to fry
* Taste to balance your salt and seasoning if you're using

Your palm oil stew is ready ( I also call it village stew)
It is very easy and very delicious.

Note: This recipe does not require tomato paste, just fresh tomatoes.
If you're a fan of onions, use a good amount and there'd be no need for seasoning cubes.
Crayfish is also very important for that local taste.

Drizzy5001
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

it's almost 5:30 PM , wey the soup? e never ready? abi nah midnight we go chop?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 5:26pm On May 14, 2020
payperpost:
it's almost 5:30 PM , wey the soup? e never ready? abi nah midnight we go chop?
You sound like my brothers clamouring for food.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Still snacking. Feels good to be 38 grin

Happy birthday poco

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hapikojie79: 5:38pm On May 14, 2020
A nice and modest lunch I had today. I'm Not doing bad for myself.

Menu:
Fried yam and sweet potatoes with egg sauce and a piece of chicken.

Egg sauce: Chicken egg + boiled and mashed garden eggs + diced tomatoes, onions, pepper (tatase) and carrots all fried together.

25 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Biglittlelois(f), UmmuFarah, jahson19(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.