Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5766156 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rubyzz: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
ayeesha:

Pls can I see the masa pot you used? And did you use it on your gas cooker or what? I'm craving for this badly and buying it outside is not an option.

It's the normal kasko pan used for masa. I used it on my gas cooker, had to improvise by removing the burner and adjusting stones on the cooker to fit the kasko pan.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rubyzz: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
armyofone:
kiss
share how you made your masa and measuring pls.
I love masa!
Did you use miyan, yaji or plain sugar as sides?

I soaked a cup of rice overnight, cooked half cup in the morning and blended both with onion. Added 2 spoons of sugar, a tablespoon of yeast and baking powder, pinch of salt
Then I kept to rise for 2 hrs. Brought it out and fried it, that's all

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yaji plantain chips.

If you taste these, you'll never care for Pringles or any other packed chips ever

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

If you taste these, you'll never care for Pringles or any other packed chips ever

By the way they look I can tell that you are right. I am not a chips person but I know I could finish those ones in one quick session. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Dear ImaIma1,

I recreated this your sandwich. I didn’t cut it and I didn’t cut off the edges but it was very delicious. Thanks for the inspiration. kiss

ImaIma1:

Lol...

I pan toasted the bread.

Shredded cabbage and lettuce and grated carrots. Kinda like coleslaw but the dressing I mixed it with is "a thousand Island" dressing.

Then I took my three slices and spread the content on each layer along with cut boiled eggs. Cut the sides off and sliced it.

The sandwich is ready

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Rubyzz:

I soaked a cup of rice overnight, cooked half cup in the morning and blended both with onion. Added 2 spoons of sugar, a tablespoon of yeast and baking powder, pinch of salt
I’ll try this.
What type of rice?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rubyzz: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
cococandy:

I’ll try this.
What type of rice?

I don't know the English name, its the rice used for tuwo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hathor5:
Dear ImaIma1,

I recreated this your sandwich. I didn’t cut it and I didn’t cut off the edges but it was very delicious. Thanks for the inspiration. kiss

Woooooooooo....it looks awesome. Very inviting

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

Did you make these chips yourself?

How did you dry it? Is it very ripe plantain?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hathor5:
Dear ImaIma1,

I ate bread and carrot my wife started laughing at me. I should show her this.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Dinner

Noodles with stir fried veggies, topped with a boiled egg.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hathor5:

By the way they look I can tell that you are right. I am not a chips person but I know I could finish those ones in one quick session. grin

Once you start, you won't be able to stop trust me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
ImaIma1:

Did you make these chips yourself?

How did you dry it? Is it very ripe plantain?

Yes, I did.

I used unripe plantain so that it's crispy when fried.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hathor5:
Dear ImaIma1,

Vegetable sandwich is delicious.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emirett: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's the most delicious creamy garlic salmon with spinach I've ever cooked. If someone needs the recipe I can share my secrets. The main rule is to slice the salmon into equal pieces so that it cooks evenly. For this purpose choose the sharpest kitchen knife. By the way, where to buy the Best Boning Knives?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
cococandy:

I’ll try this.
What type of rice?
Buy short grain or sticky rice.

Hi and how are u and family?

I was very lucky to see stock fish in African market where I shop. So big, long and fresh. Somebody brought it to the lady to sell and she was afraid it won't sell( Ghanaian). I just packed all.

My bitterleave soup loading kiss kiss

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
pocohantas:

Please be calming down. cheesy
The thing really surprise me. Las las I eat my yam alone.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
descarado:

I was very lucky to see stock fish in African market where I shop. So big, long and fresh. Somebody brought it to the lady to sell and she was afraid it won't sell( Ghanaian). I just packed all.

These stockfish will really cost a fortune.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nuttella:
These stockfish will really cost a fortune.

Wetin man go do my sister. It's imo and abia people that made stock fish costly tongue.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by britiko: 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Rubyzz:

Pls, What do you eat the masa with?
Sides or dip in sauce like stew?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

how do you prepare the yaji?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 12:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Pentolution:

how do you prepare the yaji?

I had it prepared by northern women in the market.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:26am On Aug 25, 2020
descarado:

Blessed art thou cheesy

I’m alright and family is awesome . Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:26am On Aug 25, 2020
Rubyzz:

I don't know the English name, its the rice used for tuwo

Okay. I’ll research it. Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:26am On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

Good combo for solitary moments... That cigar flavor with a good scotch....classic!

Yeah. Mostly when you want to meditate and reflect on life.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:31am On Aug 25, 2020
Sexyjigga:

Paying tributes to the King of food art cool

Pablo Prestonn Picasso ❤

cheesy cheesy

Muchas gracias amigo

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:

You have a bar? Ayam coming

Awesome! I'll use syringe for my next drizzling. Pics perfect.

Home Bar cheesy

Please come with that bolw of rice....Beautiful tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Hathor5:

Like Akposy's chicken this chicken's color is how I like it. How do I get my chicken to have this color?

I toast mine with pan

INGREDIENTS

●Vegetable Oil
●Garlic
●Tomatoes
●Onions
●Salt
●Soy sauce
●Beer
●Pepper

Place your pan on fire, add garlic and 5 spoon of vegetable oil.

When the oil is hot,put in your chicken. After frying both side for some minutes, take it out.

Put in your chopped Onions, Tomatoes, Pepper, Salt,
Soy sauce and add your chicken.. after 4 minutes add a cup of Beer.

Live it on fire till the sauce get burn with the chicken. grin

●Make sure you always turn the chicken.

●If you are the type that don't eat burnt chicken, you can remove the skin after toast.

● The sweetness come from that burnt sauce tongue tongue

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Frozenelsa:

can you please share recipe for these and egg rolls too or point me to where I can get I on this thread. Thanks in advance.
Hi, had to go and dig out previous post I made on chin chin

(For the chin-chin I used-
3.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
5 table spoon of milk ( I used powdered, if you are using liquid, watch the water you add later)
2 eggs( you can use 1, I wanted it very rich)
50 grams of butter/margarine. ( I used about 40, didn't want it too soft)
I teaspoon of baking powder,
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavour
Some grated nutmeg
A pinch of cinnamon ( very optional)
Method
Seive the flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl
Add your sugar, powdered milk, nut Meg and cinnamon. ( Basically mix all the dry ingredients together with your hands)
Now knead in the butter into the dry ingredients til it's properly integrated. Texture will change.
When butter is fully integrated to the dry ingredients, add in your whisked egg and vanilla flour and knead properly together.
At this point, depending on the type of milk you are using, since I used powdered, I add to add a few drops of water to properly knead the dough with my hands integrating all the ingredients.
Until it doesn't stick to my hands and the bowl and forms a nice smooth ball

Transfer to a work surface and roll out in batches with a rolling pin.( I used a bottle tongue)
Then cut with a knife into desired sizes and fry in hot( not too hot) oil. Till it's golden brown

Don't let it brown too much o, cos it will still brown when it gets down.
Viola kiss
If this post is confusing, abeg check any YouTube video. I started frying chin-chin before the internet came out so I do it old school, with a bit of tweaking)
For this particular chin-chin I used 6cups of flour.

I don't know how to make egg roll cos it's not a snack I would normally have. Check YouTube's for some videos. Though I think here in NL, someone like Omoge, if I am not mistaken has posted something similar.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2020
Something light for breakfast

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

You shall not suffer for 600yrs

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sexyjigga(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Breakfast

Noodles and Tea !

Alexa please play me If i ever fall in love by Shai smiley

36 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MickyMozay(m), legennd2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.