Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5778822 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Prestonn:

Yeah. Mostly when you want to meditate and reflect on life.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

If you taste these, you'll never care for Pringles or any other packed chips ever
weird combo, how does this fit perfectly biko?

I have a one year old yaji my colleague @nigrowsorganic sent to me... Specially for chicken grills.

I am imagining the taste on plantain chips.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:
Rice and stew is bae
Superb! I like the avocado in it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

weird combo, how does this fit perfectly biko?

I have a one year old yaji my colleague @nigrowsorganic sent to me... Specially for chicken grills.

I am imagining the taste on plantain chips.

It's not weird at all.

There are different blends of yaji, depends on what you want.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2020
Soy sauce everywhere...

I’ll buy one and use for my stir fry spaghetti. If e no sweet ehn, all of una wey done type soy sauce for this thread go drink am finish.

I know you all and I have marked your monikers.

Warm Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Prestonn:

I toast mine with pan

INGREDIENTS

●Vegetable Oil
●Garlic
●Tomatoes
●Onions
●Salt
●Soy sauce
●Beer
●Pepper

Place your pan on fire, add garlic and 5 spoon of vegetable oil.

When the oil is hot,put in your chicken. After frying both side for some minutes, take it out.

Put in your chopped Onions, Tomatoes, Pepper, Salt,
Soy sauce and add your chicken.. after 4 minutes add a cup of Beer.

Live it on fire till the sauce get burn with the chicken. grin

●Make sure you always turn the chicken.

●If you are the type that don't eat burnt chicken, you can remove the skin after toast.

● The sweetness come from that burnt sauce tongue tongue

Thanks a lot. kiss I really appreciate it. I will try it some time soon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Emirett:

Looks yummy!

It was. smiley
mariahAngel:

Vegetable sandwich is delicious.

Very delicious. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2020
LordReed:

I ate bread and carrot my wife started laughing at me. I should show her this.

Eating raw veggies is one of the best things you can do for your body. Keep it up! wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2020
ImaIma1:

Woooooooooo....it looks awesome. Very inviting

smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
pocohantas:
Soy sauce everywhere...

I’ll buy one and use for my stir fry spaghetti. If e no sweet ehn, all of una wey done type soy sauce for this thread go drink am finish.

I know you all and I have marked your monikers.

Warm Regards

grin

Use it wisely before you blame us.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sexyjigga:
Breakfast

Noodles and Tea !

Alexa please play me If i ever fall in love by Shai smiley

You have killed me with this song.

I can't.

This song is something else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

Superb! I like the avocado in it.
Thanks boss....you can have it.

@pocohantas. I'll try it and revert

Prestonn:

Home Bar cheesy

Please come with that bolw of rice....Beautiful tongue
Ayam coming

Ada243:

Chai. Please what's your location and where did u find avocado pear?
I'm in Jos. I bought 2 of those for 50 naira. They normally sell 1 for 50 naira...I was just lucky

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:
Yaji plantain chips.

If you taste these, you'll never care for Pringles or any other packed chips ever
This is wow o. How you do am pass. I love the potatoes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
I recreated Sexyjigga yam and sauce. I bought one yam tuber some days back..all I had to do was buy Ugu (50) and Kpomo (100).

This thread is indeed an inspiration

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sexyjigga(m): 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hathor5:

You have killed me with this song.

I can't.

This song is something else.

I don't play with this song dear...It's an r&b masterpiece ❗
A song that epitomize the difference between seduction and betrayal,between shared lie and imposed illusion !

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sexyjigga(m): 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:
I recreated Sexyjigga yam and sauce. I bought one yam tuber some days back..all I had to do was buy Ugu (50) and Kpomo (100).

This thread is indeed an inspection

Very nice my brother kiss You've never dissapointed !

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ceeceeuwa: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
descarado:

Buy short grain or sticky rice.

Hi and how are u and family?

I was very lucky to see stock fish in African market where I shop. So big, long and fresh. Somebody brought it to the lady to sell and she was afraid it won't sell( Ghanaian). I just packed all.

My bitterleave soup loading kiss kiss
How much did they go for? Stock fish is quite expensive.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Frozenelsa(f): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
cutiereborn:

Hi, had to go and dig out previous post I made on chin chin

(For the chin-chin I used-
3.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
5 table spoon of milk ( I used powdered, if you are using liquid, watch the water you add later)
2 eggs( you can use 1, I wanted it very rich)
50 grams of butter/margarine. ( I used about 40, didn't want it too soft)
I teaspoon of baking powder,
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavour
Some grated nutmeg
A pinch of cinnamon ( very optional)
Method
Seive the flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl
Add your sugar, powdered milk, nut Meg and cinnamon. ( Basically mix all the dry ingredients together with your hands)
Now knead in the butter into the dry ingredients til it's properly integrated. Texture will change.
When butter is fully integrated to the dry ingredients, add in your whisked egg and vanilla flour and knead properly together.
At this point, depending on the type of milk you are using, since I used powdered, I add to add a few drops of water to properly knead the dough with my hands integrating all the ingredients.
Until it doesn't stick to my hands and the bowl and forms a nice smooth ball

Transfer to a work surface and roll out in batches with a rolling pin.( I used a bottle tongue)
Then cut with a knife into desired sizes and fry in hot( not too hot) oil. Till it's golden brown

Don't let it brown too much o, cos it will still brown when it gets down.
Viola kiss
If this post is confusing, abeg check any YouTube video. I started frying chin-chin before the internet came out so I do it old school, with a bit of tweaking)
For this particular chin-chin I used 6cups of flour.

I don't know how to make egg roll cos it's not a snack I would normally have. Check YouTube's for some videos. Though I think here in NL, someone like Omoge, if I am not mistaken has posted something similar.

Thank you so so so much.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

It's not weird at all.

There are different blends of yaji, depends on what you want.
The yaji u made use of, does it have same taste as the one we get from mai suya people?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:

ooooooooin....you are doing well
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

The yaji u made use of, does it have same taste as the one we get from mai suya people?

Yes. The plain type without kulikuli.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

Yes. The plain type without kulikuli.

ok dear....I wonder what the taste will be like.... That mai suya own is the bomb... cheesy in a combo with turkey for grilling.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

ok dear....I wonder what the taste will be like.... That mai suya own is the bomb... cheesy in a combo with turkey for grilling.

I'll try it with croaker fish someday... I'll let you know how it turned out
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
ceeceeuwa:

How much did they go for? Stock fish is quite expensive.
Hi, ceeceeuwa, do help me delete that post. Thank u kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

I'll try it with croaker fish someday... I'll let you know how it turned out
Looking forward to an awesome result.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:

Lovely kiss

Pls who knows how to prepare ùkpaka( ùgba) from seed to ready for consumption?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ceeceeuwa: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
descarado:

Around 15 to16k per one
Wow!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hathor5:

Thanks a lot. kiss I really appreciate it. I will try it some time soon. smiley

You're welcome

Let me know the outcome when you do cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good, thank you. Masa was my fav childhood food.

Rubyzz:

I soaked a cup of rice overnight, cooked half cup in the morning and blended both with onion. Added 2 spoons of sugar, a tablespoon of yeast and baking powder, pinch of salt
Then I kept to rise for 2 hrs. Brought it out and fried it, that's all

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:

You are doing well bro cool

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2020

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) ... (3482) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.