Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5778497 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2020

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 3:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
Babadee1900:

A simple meal like that gets me excited
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
smiley You know this! cool
mariahAngel:

A simple meal like that gets me excited

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Village kitchen

Pan fry Calamari(Squid ~English name)

Just two ingredients

●Extra virgin olive oil
●Garlic

Checking my wallet now if I still get some coins, fry plantain dey hungry me tongue

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
Prestonn:

You're welcome

Let me know the outcome when you do cheesy

I will. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sexyjigga:

I don't play with this song dear...It's an r&b masterpiece ❗
A song that epitomize the difference between seduction and betrayal,between shared lie and imposed illusion !

The song is about betrayal?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hathor5:

grin

Use it wisely before you blame us.

Lol. It went well... The chick asked me, dark or light one? What does a village girl like me know? I just blurted out, “DARK!!!” grin

Thanks guys. kiss kiss kiss

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. It went well... The chick asked me, dark or light one? What does a village girl like me know? I just blurted out, “DARK!!!” grin

Thanks guys. kiss kiss kiss

There is light one? I didn't even know. I have only used the dark one so far. It gives a nice flavor, doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hathor5:

There is light one? I didn't even know. I have only used the dark one so far. It gives a nice flavor, doesn't it?

Yes it does. I have a colleague that is addicted to soy sauce and sesame oil. She’ll be pleased to welcome a new member.

There is a light one, she showed me the light one. By then I done talk dark, I sha dey nod head. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rubyzz: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
britiko:

Pls, What do you eat the masa with?
Sides or dip in sauce like stew?

Pepper spice aka yaji, grounded kuli kuli, sugar or soup( it has its own soup)

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HelenBee(f): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Peanuts...

This thing is stressful ehn,my arms hurts.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by britiko: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Rubyzz:

Pepper spice aka yaji, grounded kuli kuli, sugar or soup( it has its own soup)

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Going down with Semovita later at night. Goat meat soup cooking.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
descarado:

Lovely kiss

Pls who knows how to prepare ùkpaka( ùgba) from seed to ready for consumption?

The process is longer and requires expertise judging from those older women in the rural Igbo settlement.

You have the brown seeds, you will cook for some minutes 20-30mins.

put down, allow to cool, peel off the seed coating.

Get a new razor blade, make straight lines of 5-7 on each seed u peel, then use a sharp knife and start slicing into the unique strands.

After this, boil again for 10-15minutes, sieve off the water, add cold water and wash very well to reduce or remove that bitter taste... Place in a sieve basket to strain out water... Then get the dry plantain leaves, to package and place in a dark warm corner for it to ferment for 4-7days.

Alas! your ugba is ready....

Idea gotten from grandma, before she died last year... I pick interest watching her perform ancient culinary few times I traveled home growing up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Village kitchen

Just finish frying my plantain

Rice and Gizzad sauce on fire... Cant eat that again today, time don go, I can not come and kill myself by myself cheesy

Na to just eat only plantain and take fruits and coffee later.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
E don set

22 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamoyindamola(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akposy:
I recreated Sexyjigga yam and sauce. I bought one yam tuber some days back..all I had to do was buy Ugu (50) and Kpomo (100).

This thread is indeed an inspiration
Bro, abeg find me job for jos I need to relocate.
They are extorting us in lagos embarassed we can't get anything with #50 in the market only table water

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Munzy14:

The process is longer and requires expertise judging from those older women in the rural Igbo settlement.

You have the brown seeds, you will cook for some minutes 20-30mins.

put down, allow to cool, peel off the seed coating.

Get a new razor blade, make straight lines of 5-7 on each seed u peel, then use a sharp knife and start slicing into the unique strands.

After this, boil again for 10-15minutes, sieve off the water, add cold water and wash very well to reduce or remove that bitter taste... Place in a sieve basket to strain out water... Then get the dry plantain leaves, to package and place in a dark warm corner for it to ferment for 4-7days.

Alas! your ugba is ready....

Idea gotten from grandma, before she died last year... I pick interest watching her perform ancient culinary few times I traveled home growing up.

I gbaliala cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by duchaB(m): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
So I made me some mariangeles, I mean unripe mariangeles..Lol..
Mariangeles, there is no way you can expect your life to remain the same after having a taste of this meal of mine. Ask Cococandy.. smiley

My first food post.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

I gbaliala cheesy
oooo!!! nne... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
duchaB:
So I made me some mariangeles, I mean unripe mariangeles..Lol..
Mariangeles, there is no way you can expect your life to remain the same after having a taste of this meal of mine. Ask Coco.candy.. smiley

My first food post.

You did well.
Are the tomatoes and onion raw? sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
@ Cococandy

Yes we should make it grin lovely snack or meal.
My fav growing up in the north.

I think you can use white Asian rice. Not sure of using basmati or jasmine due to aroma.

Rubyzz:

I don't know the English name, its the rice used for tuwo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by duchaB(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

You did well.
Are the tomatoes and onion raw? sad

Na fresh raw pepper, raw onions and crayfish be that..
No tomatoes...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboki2000(m): 5:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
Going down with Semovita later at night. Goat meat soup cooking.
Goat meat soup shocked

Anyway..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 5:59am On Aug 26, 2020
aboki2000:

Goat meat soup shocked

Anyway..
Can we swap please cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2020
Morning my fellow food lovers, why do I always purge when I eat beans?

I perboil it twice, sometimes I even soak it for an hour before I cook it but I must surely purge.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:

I perboil it twice, sometimes I even soak it for an hour before I cook it but I must surely purge.

I guess it the type you're eating.

I used to have flatulence which will later result to purging a long time ago after eating beans until I discovered and changed to one that doesn't disturb me. The sweet one called oloyin pelebe.

Maybe you need to look for one that won't make you purge. I'm sure you'll find one that suites you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

I guess it the type you're eating.

I used to have flatulence which will later resort to purge a long time ago after eating beans until I discovered and changed to one that doesn't disturb me. The sweet one called oloyin pelebe.

Maybe you need to look for one that won't make you purge. I'm sure you'll find one that suites you.
What's the English name of oloyin pelebe? Cause most times I eat white beans.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:
What's the English name of oloyin pelebe? Cause most times I eat white beans.

My dear, thats what it is called everywhere grin but you can describe it as the sugary beans cos thats the translation of the word "oloyin". Though the pelebe means the tiny grain one cos there's "oloyin" (big grains) and oloyin pelebe " (small grains).

Hope this is helpful though.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

My dear, thats what it is called everywhere grin but you can describe it as the sugary beans cos thats the translation of the word "oloyin". Though the pelebe means the tiny grain one cos there's "oloyin" (big grains) and oloyin pelebe " (small grains).

Hope this is helpful though.
I just browsed it now and google brought out pictures of the beans. Thankyou.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:
I just browsed it now and google brought out pictures of the beans. Thankyou.

You're welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Nuttella:

Maybe is the type of beans you eat.

You can buy honey beans, wash before cooking and also parboil it.

If you still purge then is your system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: vivlyviv, Wotowotoman, Thutmose and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.