Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5788971 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
adecz:

⏩For best results, this dish should
have been put in the oven at 300° C
for 5 minutes to melt down the cheese.

I initially thought they were carrot
gratings .. ☺️

The soup was hot so it melted the cheese.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
breadplanets:
Fresh from the oven....hot tea needed for this harmattan grin

I volunteer to bring tea. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
GboyegaD:

The soup was hot so it melted the cheese.

What cheese would you consider the best?

In Nigeria, we’re not too familiar with cheeses and what makes them different.
For example; how is mozzarella cheese different from cheddar cheese?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

What cheese would you consider the best?

In Nigeria, we’re not too familiar with cheeses and what makes them different.
For example; how is mozzarella cheese different from cheddar cheese?

It depends on the meal. For salad and pasta, I will go with Parmesan (it is also good for soups), for sandwiches, I will say Swiss cheese for cold not toasted sandwiches and processed for toasted sandwiches. Cheddar in its own case works for anything for me.

To the pepper lovers, Jack cheese but not a fan and for the extremist, ghost pepper Jack cheese will do (tried this once because my black vegetarian friends eat it like normal and one day I bought a wrap and chose the cheese. The wrap ended in the garbage and the one bite I had seemed I was dying).

For soup, I use cream cheese and whipped cream to get the Creamy texture I want.

There are many other more types but these are the ones I have tried and stick to most times.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

I volunteer to bring tea. smiley
bring nescafe o i no say na milo you go carry come now grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MsFaith: 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Petyprincess:
Lunch.

How did you get the rice moulded?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
breadplanets:
bring nescafe o i no say na milo you go carry come now grin

OK. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
GboyegaD:

It depends on the meal. For salad and pasta, I will go with Parmesan (it is also good for soups), for sandwiches, I will say Swiss cheese for cold not toasted sandwiches and processed for toasted sandwiches. Cheddar in its own case works for anything for me.

To the pepper lovers, Jack cheese but not a fan and for the extremist, ghost pepper Jack cheese will do (tried this once because my black vegetarian friends eat it like normal and one day I bought a wrap and chose the cheese. The wrap ended in the garbage and the one bite I had seemed I was dying).

For soup, I use cream cheese and whipped cream to get the Creamy texture I want.

There are many other more types but these are the ones I have tried and stick to most times.

Wow! Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
I guided someone through making these, and I think he did very well. Especially with the eggs. cheesy
You can't go wrong with eggs on a low heat. cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kharol1234: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2022
grin

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Creditalerts: 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
Beans with dry cat fish and plantain

27 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kharol1234:
Egusi and semo
How old is that egusi soup abeg? I love it aged. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kharol1234: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Lol na today I cook am oo, e burn as I they prepare am
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kharol1234:
Lol na today I cook am oo, e burn as I they prepare am
Oh, even tastier.... I love my egusi burnt ooo! Especially after it has stored for some days. grin

Yeah, hot and fresh off the stove is great and all but aged,even better. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kharol1234: 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oh, even tastier.... I love my egusi burnt ooo! Especially after it has stored for some days. grin
I No fit argue with you abeg grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I don't like the smell of old egusi soup. sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mariangeles:
I don't like the smell of old egusi soup. sad
I love the smell, the taste and even texture of it. Even when dried out, it tastes divine to me. So when folks are rushing to eat the soup fresh out of the pot, I am not as enthused as they are because for me, it tastes better after it has aged. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
大家早上好... grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Akeem79:
大家早上好... grin
Do you really make dumplings or na store-bought you post so? undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Jan 26, 2022
Mariangeles:
Wow! Thanks.
I believe you can use the cheese used for making wara in making good cheesecake too. undecided

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/easy-cheesecake-recipe

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 6:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Akeem79:
大家早上好... grin
E be like fufu and Egusi soup

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lahips: 6:54am On Jan 26, 2022
Thanks for taking out time to give me some feedbacks, I do appreciate it.
So in the spirit of eating right, while men where sleeping,I am sorting my life so I cM flow in the morning.

Kobojunkie:
For ideas, may I suggest soup alone, as a meal that is. I know we typically don't consider soup as a meal as Nigerians but think about it. Imagine eating a good bowl of vegetable soup for lunch(no eba or heavy starch). grin

Noodles soups with lots of vegetables and a pack of noodles will work too. Check out some or the Asian ideas online. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lahips: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2022
Thought to grill some for salad. A bowl of salad and one grilled chicken should be just fine. We must slim down by force

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lahips: 6:57am On Jan 26, 2022
My weekend is already planned, everything kitchen is set.
This cow leg and shaki will just be wasting someone's gas without pressure pot.

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lahips: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2022
Finally decided to free myself from desserts, especially as I did not get free food. The country is just getting more and more difficult as the days go by.
Thinking about the subsidy removal and its anticipated effects sad

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hanif5525(m): 7:23am On Jan 26, 2022
It is tester more than soup
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I believe you can use the cheese used for making wara in making good cheesecake too. undecided

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/easy-cheesecake-recipe

I've never had wara before, but I heard it's made from soya beans.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2022
Mariangeles:
I've never had wara before, but I heard it's made from soya beans.
The Wara I ate back in the 90s was made from cow milk. lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Wara I ate back in the 90s was made from cow milk. lipsrsealed

Are you a vegetarian? cheesy
That was cheese na.

Even Akposy made mozzarella cheese one time with fresh cow’s milk.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Mvena:

E be like fufu and Egusi soup

That meme always makes me laugh. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Windscribe and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.