Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5780772 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What is with the austere looking noodles abeg... i know times are hard but you for cut leave, add onions and maybe more than one one egg put so person go at least wan join in. grin
What type of leaf?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Heeyanu(f): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2022
GboyegaD:

Happy Birthday to her and may her days be blessed.

Amenn, thank you sir
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2022
Mariangeles:

Kobo, ma begi fun yin o!
cheesy
Cutestboy, don't mind Kobo jare.
Let me get my fork and join you.
You are welcome cool

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2022
Hello my fellow Foodies!

I did an experiment and want to challenge you all to try it. Next time you cut a piece of okra, take a few of the seeds, wrap them in a layer of paper, and put them in a warm, dry place for 7 days. After that week has passed, find a little dirt where the sun shines, plant those seeds an inch deep, and water every day. When your beautiful plants grow and produce okra, take a few more seeds and go through the process again! Do the same thing with tomatoes, cucumbers, and melon!

If you try it, don’t forget to share a picture to celebrate your success!

Here are the results from my first round. In America, most people eat okra either dipped in batter and fried or smothered and served over rice but I’d love to try different ways of preparing and eating it if any of you would be kind enough to share your recipes with me!

27 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 27, 2022
Stir fry pasta and grilled chicken

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 27, 2022
Pounded yam and ogbono soup

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2022
Temigirl95:
Stir fry pasta and grilled chicken

Everything on your plate looks delicious, especially the nice thick slices of cucumber. My mouth watering!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2022
Heeyanu:
Celebrating my foodie sister, it's her birthday.
Our after school mini celebration.
Pardon us say na restaurant food we post not home-made food.

She is beautiful! This smart little girl knows that birthday isn’t a birthday without a cold Fanta!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2022
Tobedated:
Hey guys i'm no chef but i've got a bunch of overriped plantain at home that might spoil soon so guys what something simple i can make with them excluding frying

My suggestion is Baked Plantain Chips. Slice thin, bake, toss on a bit of salt, and put them in an airtight container or bag. This is a great snack that stays fresh for a long time.

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2022
Tobedated:
Hey guys i'm no chef but i've got a bunch of overriped plantain at home that might spoil soon so guys what something simple i can make with them excluding frying

Sorry to quote you again but I just remembered that my Honduran neighbors uses mashed ripe plantains (she says overripe ones work better) and mixes them with basic flour dough, onions and peppers chopped fine, and bakes it all into a loaf.

It first sounded very strange and we really didn’t want to try it but we were shocked when we did. Each slice of that strange concoction tastes like a warm toasty sandwich. She and her family put meat in between slices but even without the meat, one slice is like meal in itself.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Heeyanu(f): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

She is beautiful! This smart little girl knows that birthday isn’t a birthday without a cold Fanta!

Yessoo, thank you so much ma

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gigdfhjjhvc: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Tobedated:

Mash them, add egg, milk, little water and flour... Put the barter in your piping bag(your desired nozzle) pipe and fry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Cutestboy:

What type of leaf?
Any edible leaf... grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Any edible leaf... grin

Specify na. cheesy
Sheybi you were the one that was suggesting orisirisi. cheesy
What if he uses ewedu leaves or water leaves? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Sorry to quote you again but I just remembered that my Honduran neighbors uses mashed ripe plantains (she says overripe ones work better) and mixes them with basic flour dough, onions and peppers chopped fine, and bakes it all into a loaf.

It first sounded very strange and we really didn’t want to try it but we were shocked when we did. Each slice of that strange concoction tastes like a warm toasty sandwich. She and her family put meat in between slices but even without the meat, one slice is like meal in itself.

I once made something like that one time, and I didn't like the outcome.
It was heavy probably because there was more plantain than flour.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mariangeles:
Specify na. cheesy
Sheybi you were the one that was suggesting orisirisi. cheesy
What if he uses ewedu leaves or water leaves? cheesy
I simply go in the garden and any leaf that I find I can eat, even the leaf off my pepper plants, I cut and use to garnish my noodles. grin

Ewedu and waterleaf does not sound bad. So long as he has access to the leaves, why not? I even use okra in my noodles....delish!undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I simply go in the garden and any leaf that I find I can eat, even the leaf off my pepper plants, I cut and use to garnish my noodles. grin

Ewedu and waterleaf does not sound bad. So long as he has access to the leaves, why not? I even use okra in my noodles....delish!undecided

If I were to suggest, I'd say to use ugu leaves because it's sweet.
I use it in mine when I don't feel like adding eggs. undecided

Ewedu and water leaves? The slime! lipsrsealed

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mariangeles:

If I were to suggest, I'd say to use ugu leaves because it's sweet.
I use it in mine when I don't feel like adding eggs. undecided
Ewedu and water leaves? The slime! lipsrsealed
indeed, any leaf, I feel, goes well with noodles, and I have tried several. Even bitter leaf balances out the sweet taste when you are in the mood for something less sweet. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
Pasta in vodka sauce with veggies

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2022
Been a while I posted here. Omo na fry fry for me this afternoon.. plantains and yams/ eggs geisha in fresh tomatoes, peppers and onion sauce.. already started fingering it tho cheesy

32 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
indeed, any leaf, I feel, goes well with noodles, and I have tried several. Even bitter leaf balances out the sweet taste when you are in the mood for something less sweet. undecided
Lol.. bitterleaf with noodles bro. I greet oo shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
killmods:

Lol.. bitterleaf with noodles bro. I greet oo shocked
Don't knock it before you try it dude! undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Don't knock it before you try it dude! undecided
Lol... Omor grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
Beans and palm oyel sauce grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
cococandy:
Pasta in vodka sauce with veggies
chai cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Pasta and stew sauce smiley

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
Cutestboy:
Pasta and stew sauce smiley
Okay sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lorhema(f), IVORY2009(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.