Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5780778 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I used to believe all that until I arrived here well over 2 decades ago and realized that on average, the American diet had you scooping in about 5 tables spoons of sugar in your mouth daily. undecided
their refine sugar is different from ours .....moroever they experience stroke and other inflammation undecided more than we africans
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Prestonn:

Not really cheesy cheesy I just live that to Mama.

Thanks Boss.
Ok

Weldone

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
cococandy:

With garri. My favorite swallow. It looks too good

Yeah with yellow garri.

Tanks ma omalicha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
emperorz:
their refine sugar is different from ours .....moroever they experience stroke and other inflammation undecided more than we africans
Where is the evidence for this claim of yours abeg? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
emperorz:
moroever they experience stroke and other inflammation undecided more than we africans
We can’t be sure about that.
We don’t really have preventative medical practices. So, people usually only go to the doctor when they are sick. This means we have reduced number of official diagnoses until someone suddenly dies. Some of our rural areas still consider strokes as
spiritual attacks. We can’t document what we don’t count. They document more of their illnesses while we dey freestyle grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KBARBIE(f): 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
cococandy:

With garri. My favorite swallow. It looks too good

Just had mine with fufu... Sorry no pix
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
KBARBIE:

Just had mine with fufu... Sorry no pix
happy for you

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Village kitchen

Dinner ~ Bruschetta

INGREDIENTS
●Bread
●Garlic
●Extra virgin olive oil
●Tomatoes
●Origano
●Black pepper
●Salt

Happy new week everyone ♥️

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where is the evidence for this claim of yours abeg? undecided
where doz it say we are not better aside health care
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:

We don’t really have preventative medical practices. So, people usually only go to the doctor when they are sick. This means we have reduced number of official diagnoses until someone suddenly dies. Some of our rural areas still consider strokes as
spiritual attacks. We can’t document what we don’t count. They document more of their illnesses while we dey freestyle grin
i still stand on my word even if we start checking it way back undecided na copy copy dey koba us small small

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:50am On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:
i still stand on my word even if we start checking it way back undecided na copy copy dey koba us small small

You may be right. the average African is more physically active than the average American. Due to their more access to cars at all points and technology to do most of their tasks. But our diet is carb and fat heavy therefore we can’t claim to eat healthier than Americans despite the large amount of sweets they eat. Our meals are very dense in calories.

On the illness front, we can’t really know since we don’t do accurate documentation.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GloriousGbola: 1:02am On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:

We Africans that are always slumping and dying from 'a brief illness'? We Africans with life expectancy of 50?

We Nigerians in particular who are constantly at risk from all sorts of expired, adulterated foods, and abused drugs?

Beans with sniper, meat softened with panadol, fruit washed in gutter water, pure water from well, borehole beside septic tank, artificially ripened banana, the list goes on.

We are at far more risk from our food than people abroad

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GloriousGbola: 1:08am On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:

Go to doctor ke. People go to pharmacists. You will be in a pharmacy and see people saying I have fever, what should I take? One time I called a guy out - why are you asking a pharmacist for medical advice? Guy shrugged and continued.

One of my closest friends almost died when we were in secondary school. He had typhoid and our clinic nurse kept treating him for malaria. And my guys dad was in public health. You can imagine the irony.

It also doesn't help that Nigerian doctors are HEAVY on use antibiotics for everything.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:10am On Mar 22, 2022
And our public hospitals are not well equipped.
There’s no one to blame except the govt for real.
The everyday man is doing the best they can.

GloriousGbola:

Go to doctor ke. People go to pharmacists. You will be in a pharmacy and see people saying I have fever, what should I take? One time I called a guy out - why are you asking a pharmacist for medical advice? Guy shrugged and continued.

One of my closest friends almost died when we were in secondary school. He had typhoid and our clinic nurse kept treating him for malaria. And my guys dad was in public health. You can imagine the irony.

It also doesn't help that Nigerian doctors are HEAVY on use antibiotics for everything.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GloriousGbola: 1:28am On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:
And our public hospitals are not well equipped.
There’s no one to blame except the govt for real.
The everyday man is doing the best they can.

Ironically as a person whose parents worked in public hospitals, public hospitals are better if you are in the network. You will always be referred to a competent doctor

Now private hospitals in Nigeria, scams are plenty

Bizarre ones. Example So I hear that neurosurgery pays well, but I am an opthalmologist

I buy the equipment, get some small boy doctors and I am in business. Only another doctor can come and se beyond the glitz and understand there is not overall head with requisite experience.

If you are from some sort of medical background or family, you will immediately see that private medicine in Nigeria is a real mess. You will sometimes see very very casual nurses who do not wash their hands, mishandle needles etc

And you will be in constant paranoia that operations can get botched particularly as we are a 'leave it to God' people. Let me stop ranting here and go and refill gen. Sai Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Chai. Wahala.
GloriousGbola:

Ironically as a person whose parents worked in public hospitals, public hospitals are better if you are in the network. You will always be referred to a competent doctor

Now private hospitals in Nigeria, scams are plenty

Bizarre ones. Example So I hear that neurosurgery pays well, but I am an opthalmologist

I buy the equipment, get some small boy doctors and I am in business. Only another doctor can come and se beyond the glitz and understand there is not overall head with requisite experience.

If you are from some sort of medical background or family, you will immediately see that private medicine in Nigeria is a real mess. You will sometimes see very very casual nurses who do not wash their hands, mishandle needles etc

And you will be in constant paranoia that operations can get botched particularly as we are a 'leave it to God' people. Let me stop ranting here and go and refill gen. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:
where doz it say we are not better aside health care
Huh? undecided

Dude.. the Healthcare system in Nigeria is a joke. The government has no accurate record of the clinics and hospitals let alone patients and their illnesses. Nigeria still has no idea how many people die in that country each year, so I am not certain where your claim that Africans suffer less from stroked and inflammatory conditions comes from. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 4:50am On Mar 22, 2022
Dinner:

Mushroom stroganoff.

Desert:

Vanilla cake with white chocolate ganache.

25 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Huh? undecided

Dude.. the Healthcare system in Nigeria is a joke. The government has no accurate record of the clinics and hospitals let alone patients and their illnesses .Nigeria still has no idea how many people die in that country each year, so I am not certain where your claim that Africans suffer less from stroked and inflammatory conditions comes from. undecided
i said that undecided moreso its too obvious tho
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

We Africans that are always slumping and dying from 'a brief illness'? We Africans with life expectancy of 50?

We Nigerians in particular who are constantly at risk from all sorts of expired, adulterated foods, and abused drugs?

Beans with sniper, meat softened with panadol, fruit washed in gutter water, pure water from well, borehole beside septic tank, artificially ripened banana, the list goes on.

sorry i disagree with the drug abuse part it is every where an average American teen below 15 is already exposed to weed that wan na everywhere grin wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:

You may be right. the average African is more physically active than the average American. Due to their more access to cars at all points and technology to do most of their tasks. But our diet is carb and fat heavy therefore we can’t claim to eat healthier than Americans despite the large amount of sweets they eat. Our meals are very dense in calories.

On the illness front, we can’t really know since we don’t do accurate documentation.
you are correct
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AdorableSat: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2022
Soft rice pap with mango
Good morning family

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2022
Good morning everyone

Breaky cool

Good morning oath

Blessed day folks

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 11:33am On Mar 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

There is something you can never take away from Nigerian foodstuffs. All are organic. No matter how we label our food, they are better than what we have in the West.
Yep, from veggies to meat are all GMO heavily contaminated with insecticides.

U lose the taste of real food when you travel abroad and all these come with serious health rusk factors. Even eggs don't taste like eggs anymore. Then add fast food. I will gladly pick Nigerian mama put to the best fast food in developed country. As you eat that burger, go and check what they add. So many sweetners. Junks that people eat as processed food has killed more people than meat softened with panadol or beans with sniper.

In as much as we eat majorly carbohydrates, we balance it out with the best veggies one can get in this world. Our veggies are medicinal. Our only problem is portion control and experimenting with food and its caused by poverty mentality build over the years. We can't just waste food trying out new cooking or eat small when we are not sure of next time.
Apart from water born diseases, we don't suffer much. We don't even have awareness like these countries yet they don't care.
We have low life expectancy cos we struggle more than an average western man to make ends meet thereby endangering our lives. Still poverty. The rich among use live till very old age.

Also, it's not every yardstick set for you by the West you readily agree on. Who told you we have life expectancy of 50yrs?

The grass is always greener on the other side until you go and see for yourself

Covid was an eye opener. The West we hail every day is yet to accept the fact that we sub saharan Africans defied them and still living.

Why ?
Cos we have strong immune system due to the type of food we eat.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2022
descarado:

There is something you can never take away from Nigerian foodstuffs. All are organic. No matter how we label our food, they are better than what we have in the West.
Yep, from veggies to meat are all GMO heavily contaminated with insecticides.

U lose the taste of real food when you travel abroad and all these come with serious health rusk factors. Even eggs don't taste like eggs anymore. Then add fast food. I will gladly pick Nigerian mama put to the best fast food in developed country. As you eat that burger, go and check what they add. So many sweetners. Junks that people eat as processed food has killed more people than meat softened with panadol or beans with sniper.

In as much as we eat majorly carbohydrates, we balance it out with the best veggies one can get in this world. Our veggies are medicinal. Our only problem is portion control and experimenting with food and its caused by poverty mentality build over the years. We can't just waste food trying out new cooking or eat small when we are not sure of next time.
Apart from water born diseases, we don't suffer much. We don't even have awareness like these countries yet they don't care.
We have low life expectancy cos we struggle more than an average western man to make ends meet thereby endangering our lives. Still poverty. The rich among use live till very old age.

Also, it's not every yardstick set for you by the West you readily agree on. Who told you we have life expectancy of 50yrs?

The grass is always greener on the other side until you go and see for yourself

Covid was an eye opener. The West we hail every day is yet to accept the fact that we sub saharan Africans defied them and still living.

Why ?
Cos we have strong immune system due to the type of food we eat.

You said it all.

@ the bolded, when as much death as they (the west) predicted/expected didn’t happen, their excuse was “deaths in Africa were unaccounted/underreported.

The same thing happened with Ebola.
Some Nigerians caught and survived the virus.

They like to believe we know nothing and hate to be wrong, so we let them believe what they want.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:
i said that undecided moreso its too obvious tho
No it ain't! undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
When you guys travel out of this country you just believe people there live a better life than us when it comes to dishes?

The food you've been eating from your childhood that doesn't cause you anything now becomes a concern to you.

Can you compare an elderly person in the US to an elderly person in Nigeria?

The rate at which they all die from cancer from modified and processed food?

No wonder y'all come back looking like sacks of vegetables.

Tueeh! Nigerian meals over "abroadian" meals.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Plantain and Kale sauce!! Odikwa healthy and yummy

29 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Proudlynaija(f): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:
cheesy Aunti abg mak i marry yu cos of dz soup grin
�����
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
paschal47:
When you guys travel out of this country you just believe people there live a better life than us when it comes to dishes?
The food you've been eating from your childhood that doesn't cause you anything now becomes a concern to you.
Can you compare an elderly person in the US to an elderly person in Nigeria?
The rate at which they all die from cancer from modified and processed food?
No wonder y'all come back looking like sacks of vegetables.
Tueeh! Nigerian meals over "abroadian" meals.
Cancer is caused by modified and processed foods? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Redoil: 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
aboyaji:
It's called dinner for a reason. ( When you chop finish, you lay down and sleep)

Beans and macaroni

Ingredients;

Tomatoes
Pepper
Salt
Crayfish
Redoil
Onion

Finish lipsrsealed
you sabi cook joor please next time invite me make i come chop

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
Party jellof grin

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lorhema(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.