Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,136 members, 7,852,864 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5823283 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3489) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
That loss of taste is a big one. I thought it was just my mouth at first.

But we really need to be better at simple record keeping. Can’t really claim we are healthier or better than any country in diseases prevalence when we don’t even have the number to prove it right or wrong
descarado:

There is something you can never take away from Nigerian foodstuffs. All are organic. No matter how we label our food, they are better than what we have in the West.
Yep, from veggies to meat are all GMO heavily contaminated with insecticides.

U lose the taste of real food when you travel abroad and all these come with serious health rusk factors. Even eggs don't taste like eggs anymore. Then add fast food. I will gladly pick Nigerian mama put to the best fast food in developed country. As you eat that burger, go and check what they add. So many sweetners. Junks that people eat as processed food has killed more people than meat softened with panadol or beans with sniper.

In as much as we eat majorly carbohydrates, we balance it out with the best veggies one can get in this world. Our veggies are medicinal. Our only problem is portion control and experimenting with food and its caused by poverty mentality build over the years. We can't just waste food trying out new cooking or eat small when we are not sure of next time.
Apart from water born diseases, we don't suffer much. We don't even have awareness like these countries yet they don't care.
We have low life expectancy cos we struggle more than an average western man to make ends meet thereby endangering our lives. Still poverty. The rich among use live till very old age.

Also, it's not every yardstick set for you by the West you readily agree on. Who told you we have life expectancy of 50yrs?

The grass is always greener on the other side until you go and see for yourself

Covid was an eye opener. The West we hail every day is yet to accept the fact that we sub saharan Africans defied them and still living.

Why ?
Cos we have strong immune system due to the type of food we eat.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
I don’t see anyone saying that. If anything, people abroad treasure home food and pay exorbitantly for them too because we know the value. The truth is that our typical dishes are high in calories so we can’t really say we eat healthier than Americans because of their too much sugar consumption. Without the equivalent activity, eating typical Nigerian dishes can make one gain weight. That’s where we have some advantage because a typical Nigerian is more active.

But our food tastes great therefore I personally am fine with consuming a high calorie meal that I enjoy rather than a high calorie meal that’s just sweet.

Some of you just say anything. I knew someone was gonna come along and make a weird comment about “abrodians”
paschal47:
When you guys travel out of this country you just believe people there live a better life than us when it comes to dishes?

The food you've been eating from your childhood that doesn't cause you anything now becomes a concern to you.

Can you compare an elderly person in the US to an elderly person in Nigeria?

The rate at which they all die from cancer from modified and processed food?

No wonder y'all come back looking like sacks of vegetables.

Tueeh! Nigerian meals over "abroadian" meals.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:
I don’t see anyone saying that. If anything, people abroad treasure home food and pay exorbitantly for them too because we know the value. The truth is that our typical dishes are high in calories so we can’t really say we eat healthier than Americans because of their too much sugar consumption. Without the equivalent activity, eating typical Nigerian dishes can make one gain weight. That’s where we have some advantage because a typical Nigerian is more active.

But our food tastes great therefore I personally am fine with consuming a high calorie meal that I enjoy rather than a high calorie meal that’s just sweet.

Some of you just say anything. I knew someone was gonna come along and make a weird comment about “abrodians”

grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
paschal47:

grin grin
Explain what’s funny.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No it ain't! undecided
you get wahala ooo undecided...i 4 follo yu drag am but na fud first tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Proudlynaija:

�����
oro obe yen loba mi grin cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
I don't know if it is the food and strong immune...maybe...they are researching it.
For real, I don't really think there was ever COVID-19 in some parts of Africa eg Nigeria.

Right - trying to get similar food by buying organic - money grabbing. For example - I buy organic brown egg because I just don't understand the taste of White eggs.

descarado:

Covid was an eye opener. The West we hail every day is yet to accept the fact that we sub saharan Africans defied them and still living.

Why ?
Cos we have strong immune system due to the type of food we eat.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
armyofone:
I don't know if it is the food and strong immune...maybe...they are researching it.
For real, I don't really think there was ever COVID-19 in some parts of Africa eg Nigeria.

Right - trying to get similar food by buying organic - money grabbing. For example - I buy organic brown egg because I just don't understand the taste of White eggs.

Egg surprised me the most. I tell you cheesy
Yeah, this covid was shocking.
I always ask them, how cone covid didn't kill millions in Nigeria. I tell you, nobody has a rebuttal.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
cococandy:
That loss of taste is a big one. I thought it was just my mouth at first.

But we really need to be better at simple record keeping. Can’t really claim we are healthier or better than any country in diseases prevalence when we don’t even have the number to prove it right or wrong
Usa at least better when it comes to tomatoes and peppers.
Here, they are....
I source mine outside here.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
You forgot modified foods are in Nigeria now ? Food from China etc your indomie/noodles undecided as example.
No perfect place on earth - diabetes is every where - Cancer is every where.

paschal47:
When you guys travel out of this country you just believe people there live a better life than us when it comes to dishes?

The food you've been eating from your childhood that doesn't cause you anything now becomes a concern to you.

Can you compare an elderly person in the US to an elderly person in Nigeria?

The rate at which they all die from cancer from modified and processed food?

No wonder y'all come back looking like sacks of vegetables.

Tueeh! Nigerian meals over "abroadian" meals.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
emperorz:
you get wahala ooo undecided...i 4 follo yu drag am but na fud first tongue grin
What wahala? You actually expected me to ignorantly submit to the outrageous claims just so we can both form patriots on this here food thread or what? undecided

Fact #1: the situation of living for majority of Nigerians in Nigeria is hellish compared to living in any of the western countries.
Fact #2: the Health care system, and in general, in Nigeria is nothing to worth comparing to that obtained in advanced countries.
Fact #3 : it is erroneous to assume or conclude for that matter that Nigerians are healthier than any group in the world, especially since there's no accurate record to work with as as result of conditions in Nigeria itself.
Fact #4: Food quality and quantity in Nigeria is no better than food found anywhere in the world including the Western countries, processed or unprocessed.

Let's try not stop lying to ourselves, shall we?. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
armyofone:
You forgot modified foods are in Nigeria now ? Food from China etc your indomie/noodles undecided as example.
No perfect place on earth - diabetes is every where - Cancer is every where.
Imagine the delusion that is strong with that one... even going as far as to believe one can't compare an elderly person abroad with an elder Nigerian... undecided

The one that got me was the claim that cancer is linked to processed foods...I remember well hearing that ridiculous myth back when I was in JSS2 in the 90s. To hear it repeated online by an adult, took me aback! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JohnnyBling(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6997268/afang-soup-three-easy-steps
First time cooking afang and it came out just right after using pocohantas recipe.

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Imagine the delusion that is strong with that one... even going as far as to believe one can't compare an elderly person abroad with an elder Nigerian... undecided

The one that got me was the claim that cancer is linked to processed foods...I remember well hearing that ridiculous myth back when I was in JSS2 in the 90s. To hear it repeated online by an adult, took me aback! undecided

Please what exactly is your point? Your arguments are quite baseless to be honest….

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by frugal(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nokio1:

You see that your star and moon spoon,it was used to eat rice at my grand parents wedding!

Lol. I inherited that from my mom. She got them in the 80s I think. I took some when I was moving out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
armyofone:

How can you open your mouth and say you don’t really think there was ever COVID-19 in some parts of Africa and Nigeria? As in are you really serious? So those people that are testing positive and falling sick with loss of taste and smell all over the place are ghosts? If you are not knowledgeable about a topic, just shut the fukk up and stop displaying your ignorance for the whole world to see….

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Redoil:

you sabi cook joor please next time invite me make i come chop
. But I put you inside my food already na "Redoil".

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 2:45am On Mar 23, 2022
There was covid for heaven's sake. People died and I know folks with personal experiences...

armyofone:

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 2:46am On Mar 23, 2022
Lol. I don't even know if having covid confers some bragging rights on the sufferers...

Tranquility2345:

How can you open your mouth and say you don’t really think there was ever COVID-19 in some parts of Africa and Nigeria? As in are you really serious? So those people that are testing positive and falling sick with loss of taste and smell all over the place are ghosts? If you are not knowledgeable about a topic, just shut the fukk up and stop displaying your ignorance for the whole world to see….
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 2:47am On Mar 23, 2022
But u put water lipsrsealed

JohnnyBling:
https://www.nairaland.com/6997268/afang-soup-three-easy-steps
First time cooking afang and it came out just right after using pocohantas recipe.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:26am On Mar 23, 2022
Having witnessed how the infections spread - at churches, schools, bus, playgrounds, workplaces, stores etc we just didn't hear of those kind of COVID-19 spreading, surge etc in Nigeria. People were still going about doing business, going to church, large market gatherings etc
I thought it was flu not COVID-19 that happened.
Anyway research is on going.
Since you guys want to brag about experiencing COVID-19, all good. I want it over.

Gloriagee:
There was covid for heaven's sake. People died and I know folks with personal experiences...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 4:45am On Mar 23, 2022
armyofone:
Having witnessed how it spread - churches, schools, bus, playgrounds, workplaces, stores etc we just didn't hear of those kind of COVID-19 spreading, surge etc in Nigeria. People were still going about in churches, large market gatherings etc
Since you guys want to brag about experiencing COVID-19, all good. I want it over.

This man please just stop this ignorance. Most Nigerians were falling sick all over the place and calling it flu and malaria. The difference between the western world and Africa is that testing kits and centers are readily available in the west while covid tests and kits are scarce and very expensive in Africa.

The average African doesn’t have a dollar to eat. How will he now find USD100 for covid test? As the covid symptoms are similar to malaria and flu symptoms, many just self medicate with flu and malaria drugs. Luckily, our immune system somehow fights the virus and most recover quickly. The easiest way to find out it is covid is when they start complaining of loss of taste and smell.

Guy please I beg you to just lock up and stop showing the world your ignorance….

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 5:38am On Mar 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What wahala? You actually expected me to ignorantly submit to the outrageous claims just so we can both form patriots on this here food thread or what? undecided

Fact #1: the situation of living for majority of Nigerians in Nigeria is hellish compared to living in any of the western countries.
Fact #2: the Health care system, and in general, in Nigeria is nothing to worth comparing to that obtained in advanced countries.
Fact #3 : it is erroneous to assume or conclude for that matter that Nigerians are healthier than any group in the world, especially since there's no accurate record to work with as as result of conditions in Nigeria itself.
Fact #4: Food quality and quantity in Nigeria is no better than food found anywhere in the world including the Western countries, processed or unprocessed.

Let's try not stop lying to ourselves, shall we?. undecided
nawah oo am i a government official moroever i was nva in support of any of this undecided
I am only stating that we africans live longer in the past as for the present e no concern me cos it is obvious in the eye undecided ...........na wetin
chocolate cos b dis oo lipsrsealed
To end it no one should be backing the useless leaders we have here they are our own natural disaster undecided....... wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:45am On Mar 23, 2022
grin grin
emperorz:
...........na wetin
chocolate cos b dis oo lipsrsealed wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:51am On Mar 23, 2022
Bro Calm down. She doesn’t mean it that way.

The truth is that Covid was “expected” to ravage Africa as in people falling down in the middle of the streets with bodies on the side walks. But that didn’t happen. Hence the question of did it even get there?

Of course it makes sense to calculate that it did get to us much like other parts of the world but our non-existent record keeping makes it hard to know exactly how affected we were.

Tranquility2345:

This man please just stop this ignorance. Most Nigerians were falling sick all over the place and calling it flu and malaria. The difference between the western world and Africa is that testing kits and centers are readily available in the west while covid tests and kits are scarce and very expensive in Africa.

The average African doesn’t have a dollar to eat. How will he now find USD100 for covid test? As the covid symptoms are similar to malaria and flu symptoms, many just self medicate with flu and malaria drugs. Luckily, our immune system somehow fights the virus and most recover quickly. The easiest way to find out it is covid is when they start complaining of loss of taste and smell.

Guy please I beg you to just lock up and stop showing the world your ignorance….

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 5:57am On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
grin grin
i tya o lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:24am On Mar 23, 2022
emperorz:
i tya o lipsrsealed

Na you find trouble. tongue

Anyway here’s some real sweet unhealthy chocolate.
Let’s eat unhealthy together.

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2022
As I said earlier, there's nothing worth bragging about having covid, unless I'm missing something. However, there were genuine covid cases in Africa which may have defied the known norms in the Western world. All that is left is for researchers to look into all that if there's adequate interest. Nuff said

armyofone:
Having witnessed how the infections spread - at churches, schools, bus, playgrounds, workplaces, stores etc we just didn't hear of those kind of COVID-19 spreading, surge etc in Nigeria. People were still going about doing business, going to church, large market gatherings etc

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GloriousGbola: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
Bro Calm down. She doesn’t mean it that way.

The truth is that Covid was “expected” to ravage Africa as in people falling down in the middle of the streets with bodies on the side walks. But that didn’t happen. Hence the question of did it even get there?

Of course it makes sense to calculate that it did get to us much like other parts of the world but our non-existent record keeping makes it hard to know exactly how affected we were.

On covid we dodged 2.bullets
1)somehow large numbers of us got it and nothing happened. There was a first wave,and strangely, most of the people who died (that I heard of anyway) were the rich. I think I had a bout of covid (not sure). At one point was coughing so violently I hurt my back.

2) no one figured out the secret of our immunity. Otherwise maybe ww3 would be playing out right now over African blood serum. Mad max blood bag tinz

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 7:18am On Mar 23, 2022
Tomorrow is my birthday

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2022
Vegetable soup kiss tongue

Ingredients;

Ugu leaf
Waterleaf
Stockfish
Goat meat
Kpomo
Red oil
Maggi
Salt
Pepper
Tomatoes

No water added.

The best time to swallow eba is morning tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3489) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.