Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5739531 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:53am On Jun 02, 2022
pocohantas:

That is the thing with kitchen lovers. At first you just want to have all of them. Then you want to have specific colours. Then you want to have only one brand. No be juju be that? grin grin
Big juju . it’s like you’re in my mind. I was going to go for all Kitchenaid with appliances and lecrueset for pans/pots.

Now I’m obsessed with smeg but I can’t justify throwing good quality stuff out just to have a new aesthetic. But they are so pretty I can’t stop thinking about them. And their prices are not crazy

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

I have. The only times I bought bread last year and this year are the first week of relocation. I enjoy making our bread and truly, so mixer would make it more convenient.

Will go ahead to get it.

You’ll enjoy it.

If you shop Costco, they have kenwood on sale. This is a coveted brand as you know and they are taking $110 off on discount. Everything and shipping included.
Good deal if you ask me.

They also have a good deal on kitchen aid but they didn’t have the color I wanted so I bought from the manufacture directly. Costco always has good discounts so check them out

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 11:00am On Jun 02, 2022
cococandy:

You’ll enjoy it.

If you shop Costco, they have kenwood on sale. This is a coveted brand as you know and they are taking $110 off on discount. Everything and shipping included.
Good deal if you ask me.

They also have a good deal on kitchen aid but they didn’t have the color I wanted so I bought from the manufacture directly. Costco always has good discounts so check them out

I do Sam's Club. Will check if they also have a similar sales ongoing.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

I do Sam's Club. Will check if they also have a similar sales ongoing.
good luck
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
cococandy:

Big juju . it’s like you’re in my mind. I was going to go for all Kitchenaid with appliances and lecrueset for pans/pots.

Now I’m obsessed with smeg but I can’t justify throwing good quality stuff out just to have a new aesthetic. But they are so pretty I can’t stop thinking about them. And their prices are not crazy

I know as e dey go na. We dey the same group, but you be our group admin.

I have never hears of Smeg. Kitchenaid and Le Creuset are very hyped here. They are beautiful too, but totally off my budget. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wilson212:
I eat Amala for the first time in a restaurant called obalende today .I am seriously thinking about marrying Yoruba girl

Are you in Awka? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
armyofone:
All the gadgets we accumulated - mine has been decorating one side for a while. Christmas thingz only... i bring them out to make something for coworkers and friends.
So busy and not crazy about food that I rarely do the things I bought them for.

Of all - I still use bullet often. Juicer dey one corner
Toaster only Saturday or Sunday
Deep frier dey one corner i don't know where lol
Others...I just arranged them well in the cupboard.
You give away and then buy another new one - unless you haven't visited the store grin

If only I can go to my neighbors and take theirs to use grin then I will just be gadgets free.

cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

Reading your post and that of armyofone is making me feel discouraged from buying a mixer. I wanted to mainly because of bread making but may reconsider since brioche bread is the major reason I need it.
Don't waste your money. It's not worth it.

Mine is for decoration as well. And to think I was so excited to grab it.

Haven't baked in a Yr. Hubby that does once in a while said it's too complicated to use. Wasted money.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by purleesh(f): 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
pocohantas:

I have never hears of Smeg. Kitchenaid and Le Creuset are very hyped here. They are beautiful too, but totally off my budget. grin

Like 100k for one regular sized cooking pot?!!! Na the pot dem use cook Jesus last supper?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
pocohantas:

They are costly because of exchange

In naija, there is this pots that sisi yemi use. Have forgotten the name but it's the preferred dutch oven those lekki people use. Produced in South Africa.
(That woman made money but the usual naija show-off happened. She invested in le creuseut and co later but I don't know who she was trying to impress when ordinary Nigerians who watch her show don't care about those kind of things. Stopped watching her when the show off became too much. She later confessed she saved nothing)

In all I still believe that the best pot to invest in is quality stainless aluminium pots. Even wok. Easier to wash, use as you want. Doesnt demand for seperate utensils when cooking. And yeah the most expensive from well known companies if one want to go for them but whether expensive or cheap, still the best

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
cococandy:

Easy easy grin

Smeg was invented for American celebrities.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
I have to be sincere, it's from this thread I know people invest in cooking pots, and it's amusing. grin

Still nice though smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Wilson212: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
paschal47:

Are you in Awka? grin
yes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
paschal47:
I have to be sincere, it's from this thread I know people invest in cooking pots, and it's amusing. grin

Still nice though smiley
Yes people do. A lot, especially ladies.

I don't rate a lady with designer wears and car. Nope. Your kitchen sums you up for me.
If you have upgraded your life, also upgrade your kitchen especially cooking utensils. It's a breath of fresh air and joy to behold.
Kitchen should be the neatest and the most inviting part of your house not a bedroom.

For my ladies, a lady can sum a guy up when she visits by checking out the kitchen and sitting room kiss Don't be in a haste to enter the bedroom. It has nothing to offer you if you are planning to stay.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
descarado:

Yes people do. A lot, especially ladies.

I don't rate a lady with designer wears and car. Nope. Your kitchen sums you up for me.
If you have upgraded your life, also upgrade your kitchen especially cooking utensils. It's a breath of fresh air and joy to behold.
Kitchen should be the neatest and the most inviting part of your house not a bedroom.

For my ladies, a lady can sum a guy up when she visits by checking out the kitchen and sitting room kiss Don't be in a haste to enter the bedroom. It has nothing to offer you if you are planning to stay.

Off to the market tomorrow to equip my kitchen, maybe that's why the ladies have been leaving.

Can you draft a list of things to buy? grin cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paschal47(m): 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wilson212:
yes

You visited Obalende at Abakiliki street cool

Cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Wilson212: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
paschal47:

You visited Obalende at Abakiliki street cool

Cool
yes bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wilson212:
yes bro

Wait first! There's an amala joint called Obalende on Abakaliki street in Awka, Anambra state? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
But their prices are similar to kitchenaid. Even lower sometimes. The appliances are just smaller and look more sleek. I love the aesthetics

descarado:

Easy easy grin

Smeg was invented for American celebrities.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
descarado:

Don't waste your money. It's not worth it.

Mine is for decoration as well. And to think I was so excited to grab it.

Haven't baked in a Yr. Hubby that does once in a while said it's too complicated to use. Wasted money.
Babe don’t discourage him. Those mixers last decades. I feel it’s better than replacing a mixer once every few years. And he bakes a lot. He would probably use it more than us
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Uniquisite: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
paschal47:

Off to the market tomorrow to equip my kitchen, maybe that's why the ladies have been leaving.

Can you draft a list of things to buy? grin cheesy

grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

Wait first! There's an amala joint called Obalende on Abakaliki street in Awka, Anambra state? cheesy
It's called obalende garden. A restaurant.
Everything yoruba kiss

I think a yoruba guy who has been in awka for long opened it.
Read about it here.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Wilson212: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

yes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
cococandy:

Babe don’t discourage him. Those mixers last decades. I feel it’s better than replacing a mixer once every few years. And he bakes a lot. He would probably use it more than us
You are very right.

Bros, pls don't mind lazy me. At least he bakes.

I have kenwood whatever model. One day one day grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
cococandy:
But their prices are similar to kitchenaid. Even lower sometimes. The appliances are just smaller and look more sleek. I love the aesthetics

Smeg for the ladies kiss

The company know what they are doing.
Now, you are hooked cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
descarado:

It's called obalende garden. A restaurant.
Everything yoruba kiss

I think a yoruba guy who has been in awka for long opened it.
Read about it here.

Wilson212:
yes

Hahahahahaha
That is interesting. And quite creative too.
If I were based in Awka, my curiosity would definitely be aroused and I'd want to try out the place.

For what they were going for, I think it should've been called Shitta, since Shitta is best known for amala, while Obalende is known for suya.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
descarado:

Smeg for the ladies kiss

The company know what they are doing.
Now, you are hooked cheesy
I’m indeed hooked cheesy

But I don’t actually need anything so I’ll exercise self control. Maybe just a kettle and that’s it.
The movers lost my Arabian looking kettle. I guess I can use that as my excuse to get a smeg one.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll lead the group into making bad decisions. Better remove me from the group chat
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HelenBee(f): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mvena:

Looks good
Thank you ma'am smiley

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
Maaaad chicken stew with a hint of ginger for the culture smiley

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
brightfuture24:
Maaaad chicken stew with a hint of ginger for the culture smiley
mi cya pls get di egg..? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Viccur(m), Kingoftrust(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.