Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,303 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5750573 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Please how did you use the iru? Did you blend it before using or u put it into the pot like that? Please would love to try it.
Bollinger:
Ever wondered how mama sikira's stew on the rice you always buy in the mornings is always so unique and delicious? Why is it that every morriinng you always wanna package one on the go to the office? Abi, is she adding suntin other than condiments into the mix? Never fear, i am going to share the secret, step by step with you today. You'll thank me later. What you need; habanero pepper, one or two green pepper, those long thing red pepper, (i forget what the are called) tomatoes, iru, onions, crayfish, orisirisi meat, palm oil and eggs which are optional. Blend the pepper and tomatoes and then cook it till all the water is drained. If the mixture is right, you'll get a somewhat brownish red look. Boil the meat with as little water as possible till soft. lastly, boil the eggs. When everything is ready, add palm oil into a pot and immediately add diced onions into it. Then add the orisirisi mix into it. Once it is properly fried remove it and immediately add the cooked tomato and pepper, iru, as well as the eggs into the pot which you fried the meat in. After two minutes add the meat and let it cook at medium heat till you see the oil rising to the top. This is when you add your maggi, crayfish and whatever condiments you like. I forgot to add that it is important to roast the long thing red pepper in a skillet or frying pan before blending. It is also important to let the stew burn slightly. It gives it a roasty aroma and taste.

you are welcome. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 4:12am On Nov 10, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Please how did you use the iru? Did you blend it before using or u put it into the pot like that? Please would love to try it.

No. Just add it as soon as you pour the pepper. And don't blend the pepper too fine. Let it be coarse.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Jollof

Yam and egg sauce

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
cococandy:
Jollof

Yam and egg sauce
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Aminat508:
kiss kiss kiss

Olonga!! Commot for our kitchen biko!! embarassed

Me ya sa ba ki a zuwa nan regularly? Kin fara cin abincin Restaurant ne? undecided angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello All,how u doing? I just saw dis thread and am luving it. 1daful job y'all doing. Am Esty.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
tchidi:

Me ya sa ba ki a zuwa nan regularly? Kin fara cin abincin Restaurant ne? undecided angry

angry Ni fama da yunwa a yanzu. cewa cococandy abinci na kiran da ni cry cry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
tchidi:

Aminat508:

O gini Ka unu Na-ako?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by asumo12: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2015

tchidi:

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teeboy22(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Aminat508:

hmmm

Aminat , how you dey

weldone ..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Cococandy and tchidi pls permit me to spend just a weekend with u. Will u say no?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Nimi22:
Cococandy and tchidi pls permit me to spend just a weekend with u. Will u say no?

Abeg, de come. Pack ya bags and come. I'm waiting. embarassed kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Nimi22:
smiley
Pls come o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2015
tchidi:

Chiiii, make I follow come too?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:30am On Nov 13, 2015
Lunch.

Orange chicken.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Brymo: 2:10am On Nov 13, 2015
Choi, hey
cococandy:
Lunch.

Orange chicken.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Brymo:
Choi, hey
smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 13, 2015
Roland17:

Chiiii, make I follow come too?

Nna'm, I'd gladly have you here! embarassed wink
But we all know that ain't gonna happen. undecided undecided. Aka ji gi, jisiri gi ike! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch.

Orange chicken.
Hmmmm. ...Mrs foodo. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch.

Orange chicken.

Nne'm, biko explanate!
E ji orange e shi de chicken or what? embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2015
I have been following this thread from page 1. Cococandy please where do you get your reciepes and ingredients from? You are killing me here embarassed Since I left Nigeria I have not been able to eat our food. I miss the soups i used to prepare back home cry cry
The palm oil here at afro shop is horrible. I can't use it to cook. Oh! My sweet Naija foods cry Oh!!! cry cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Ogbono soup I made with goat meat, fresh periwinkles and dried fish. I swallowed it with Fufu. I miss it.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
smiley
Pls come o
tchidi:

shocked shocked

Me:

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
tchidi:

pls e remain d address nd how i go enter motor. Tenk u ma.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
smiley Pls come o
Cococandy thanks for d offer waiting for address
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nmeri17:
shocked shocked

Me:
Nmeri17 u shall not get there before me. *intensifies bag packing*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch.

Orange chicken.

Can you share your recipe please?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nimi22:
pls e remain d address nd how i go enter motor. Tenk u ma.

O! Very simple.
Enter motor to Nassarawa state. If you reach Keffi, just send me a pm! embarassed kiss
I de wait you! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
tchidi:

O! Very simple. Enter motor to Nassarawa state. If you reach Keffi, just send me a pm! embarassed kiss I de wait you! grin
ok ma thank u. This weekend will not pass me by
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
tchidi:

Nna'm, I'd gladly have you here! embarassed wink
But we all know that ain't gonna happen. undecided undecided. Aka ji gi, jisiri gi ike! angry angry

Chidi shocked...don't make me suprise you with a visit to Nassarawa..aka ji'm wu na ni "aka chukwu" grin lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Cc Tchidi (yes there's orange in it) smiley

Bollinger
Babythug

Ingredients.

Vegetable For Frying
Chicken
4 whole Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs or breasts (adjust size according to consumers), Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
Sauce:
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Packed Brown Sugar (OR White Sugar OR Honey)
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar (or Regular Distilled Vinegar)
1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil (skip if you don't have it)
Dash Of Salt
Dash Of Crushed Red Pepper, More To Taste
1 clove Garlic, Pressed Or Minced
2 teaspoons Minced Ginger
1 teaspoon Cornstarch (additional)
Zest Of 1 Orange (optional)
1/4 cup Water
2 whole Green Onions, or half on large green pepper, Sliced
Dash of black pepper.

INSTRUCTIONS
For the chicken: season chicken with a little salt and seasoning of your choice and a dash of black pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and egg whites with a fork until almost frothy, about 1 minute. Add the chicken to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.

For the sauce: Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil (it will still tune out fine if you don't have this), salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and ginger (and orange zest, if using) in a small nonstick skillet and whisk together. Heat until bubbling and starting to thicken, about 3-4 minutes.

Whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch slurry to the sauce. Mix in and thicken for 1 minute. (If sauce gets overly thick, just add in another 1/4 cup water and whisk in.)

Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot until about 350 degrees F. In batches, carefully drop a few pieces of chicken into the oil (drop them in one by one to keep them from sticking together) and move it around, 2-3 minutes or until light golden. Let the pieces drain on a plate lined with paper towels for 2 to 3 minutes. Then drop them back into the oil for 1 minute to really solidify the coating.

Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve immediately with orange zest and sliced green onions on the top (or green peppers instead as I used here).

Credit. The pioneer woman website.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
crowns2:
I have been following this thread from page 1. Cococandy please where do you get your reciepes and ingredients from? You are killing me here embarassed Since I left Nigeria I have not been able to eat our food. I miss the soups i used to prepare back home cry cry
The palm oil here at afro shop is horrible. I can't use it to cook. Oh! My sweet Naija foods cry Oh!!! cry cry
My sister Pele.
It's hard everywhere.

I go to the African or Asian store. Just google for those around you. Maybe you need to try another shop. Don't buy from those people that their oil is bad. But you hardly find fresh leaves as in ugu (pumpkin) or uha here. Asides that, other things should be fine.

I get recipes from foodnetwork, YouTube and the rest of them. But of course they are not Afro based. My Afro based recipes followed me from my mama'a house grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.