Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,118 members, 7,856,478 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5829599 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:
Hi fellow foodies. Is there any Starbucks in Nigeria?

Starbucks ke.. How many people drinks coffee in naija. We love our akamu and tea.. Come to think of it, It might actually work here since we love copy copy..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2018
jagugu88li:

1cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups boiling water
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 dateaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans. Stir together the cocoa and boiling water from the first set of ingredients. Set aside to cool. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. You must beat them 1 at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the cocoa mixture. Mix only until combined. Divide same portion between the three prepared pans, and spread the batter out flat.

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool cakes on a wire rack.

In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla. When the cream becomes thick, add the confectioners' sugar and continue to whip until stiff but not too grainy. Divide into three parts and spread onto two of the cooled layers. Stack the layers onto a nice plate, putting the two creamed ones on the bottom. Place the plain layer on the top. Frost the sides with the chocolate buttercream frosting. Make sure to trim your cake for better shaping

Then as you can see, you can accessories it according to how you want in. I chose kitkat and strawberries, candy too.

Zaynie, my book is out grin
Thanks for this recipe
I tried it yesterday it came out nice,best cake I ever made

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2018
Odobopa:

Starbucks ke.. How many people drinks coffee in naija. We love our akamu and tea.. Come to think of it, It might actually work here since we love copy copy..
what do you mean? we do drink coffee

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JewelStone(f): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2018
Rhemy2013:
Wow, this looks beautiful kiss... Pls pass me a plate of it wink..Yummy-yummy
Awww thanks...I'm sending your plate over cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2018
What's that nau....

Kai presentation till Mara,you can't help but missed grin grin grin kanwuliaExtra.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chestnut(f): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2018
Yamarita, scrambled egg with pepper source

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dingbang(m): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:
I would if I lived in Nigeria. For now it’s not even feasible to think of having one and managing from abroad. But come to think about it, would many Nigerians pay #1,000 or more for a cup of coffee (basic ones o)? It would definitely cost more if it’s a fancy flavored.

I wish they had one at home because I live on Starbucks on my busy days but I’m not sure if I want to be the person who owns it. There might not be profit in it for them.
people will pay.. There are classy restaurants where people pay so much. As a middle class citizen, I even paid as high as 2500naira for just a plate of rice at an exotic restaurant.

So dont think about the negative please...why not give it a try, I can be the manager. I have wide experience in customer service. Trust me

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2018
dingbang:
people will pay.. There are classy restaurants where people pay so much. As a middle class citizen, I even paid as high as 2500naira for just a plate of rice at an exotic restaurant.

So dont think about the negative please...why not give it a try, I can be the manager. I have wide experience in customer service. Trust me

Probably. But you know that food and coffee aren't the same thing . You’re right though negativity isn’t the best.

Not a bad idea but I’m not interested in owing one.

I just want someone to open one so I can have Starbucks when I visit so I don’t go into withdrawal grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2018
soberdrunk:

Bros!!!! I can bet my good kidney that it is 200 naira suya you bought! angry
I no b Bros o. I beperson mama. #100 shaki #100 beef note... with my money o...

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2018
dunasy:

Expen...what?

See substitution.....thanks for the heads up on this

I bought 8 very big ones for 3500#.
Very big o....even me I got home and started feeling bad I couldn't tell anyone how much I got them lest they told me to goan buy more for them and they now tie me down at the market cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ejika48(f): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2018
rofemiguwa:
Dinner is served Veggie beans and fried potatoes and plantain
My fav food during preggie days
hmmm. Lemme copy u. I'm going straight to prepare mine
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2018
Chestnut:
Yamarita, scrambled egg with pepper source

The yam festival has started.
Dunasy!
Booqee!
Don't keep us waiting biko. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by soberdrunk(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=Ejika48 post=69851707] I no b Bros o. I beperson mama. #100 shaki #100 beef note... with my money o...[/quote

Ha!!! Yawa!!! I am sorry Ma! I was only looking for trouble, abeg oo!! Nah dobale mode i dey ooo!! Forgive me Ma!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2018
Yuneehk:

Take pictures please. I'd love to see it cheesy
Here it is tongue
@ zaynie, I have joined the fest o

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Yam and garden egg sauce, made with palm oil. I used the aubergine variety, as that was the only one available
I also added some salted dried anchovy fish, a lot of it actually.
Deliciousness
The sauce is also nice with bread or plantain

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
I want yam too cry

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:

Probably. But you know that food and coffee aren't the same thing . You’re right though negativity isn’t the best.

I just want someone to open one so I can have Starbucks when I visit so I don’t go into withdrawal grin
can you imagine...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2018
Elder001:

Is this what you're gonna cook for pocohantas when you guys get married? grin

No put eye for our matter, before you go scatter am grin

zicoraads:

No nau. Poco deserves the 'calvary'. grin cheesy
I'm learning some foreign recipes from Aunty Kanwula.extra.. I want to blow her away with the foreign touch. cheesy wink

Don't mind elder, I believe in your government cheesy.
But all that meat you put in the soup? You dey work for abbatoir?
I don't want to hear Buhari is bad from you again. Look at how Nigerians are eating plenty meat in these perilous times.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DCChaser: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Breakfast cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2018
DCChaser:
Breakfast cool
My goodness, I can literally taste that yummy looking doughnut tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:
I want yam too cry
Pele, will way bill some for you. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2018
eyinjuege:
Yam and garden egg sauce, made with palm oil. I used the aubergine variety, as that was the only one available
Deliciousness
Please give me your recipe for that garden egg sauce, mine never looks that good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 31, 2018
pocohantas:

No put eye for our matter, before you go scatter am grin

Don't mind elder, I believe in your government cheesy.
But all that meat you put in the soup? You dey work for abbatoir?
I don't want to hear Buhari is bad from you again. Look at how Nigerians are eating plenty meat in these perilous times.

I won't put eye grin grin Just that, I dey fear Zicoraads grin

Plenty meat ke

You didn't see that my egusi soup?

7 kpomos, 4 pig meat and 2 water fish.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2018
chaarly:

na this kine buns i dey like. .
shey its rock buns?
Nice one

Yesoo, rock buns.. u go forget bout fitness when u taste this kind �

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2018
cococandy:

Don't waste your money o

South Africa will be better for such not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2018
ahnie:
What's that nau....

Kai presentation till Mara,you can't help but missed grin grin grin kanwuliaExtra.

Uwë owï isoko? Ewö vó yor Ewö ra?
Umë owo owhe.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2018
cutiereborn:

Here it is tongue
Oh baby. Sure tastes as good as it looks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2018
cutiereborn:

Please give me your recipe for that garden egg sauce, mine never looks that good.

I'm not the best with recipes, and pls don't ask me about measurements. grin I just use my eyes to gauge every ingredient lipsrsealed
1. Boil your garden egg, and then remove the skin ( for the green and white garden eggs)
In my own case, I used aubergines- purple egg plant, and they were very large so I grilled them so it would cook, and the skin would be easy to peel off.
2. Mash the boiled or grilled eggplant. Either use a spatula or spoon, or whatever you have
3. Put palm oil on fire, and when hot, pour in your chopped onions.
4. Let that fry for a while, and then add your already BOILED blended pepper (I use blended tomatoes, rodo- habenero, onion, and tatashe). Let that also fry for a while
5. Put your seasoning - knorr, Maggie or warefa
6. Add your blended crayfish or soaked dry fish or whatever nice meat you prefer. You can avoid this step if you're not a fan of all these in your sauce
6. After 2 minutes or so, add your mashed garden egg and let it fry with everything
Note- make sure you boil your pepper/tomato after blending, so it will be thick with little or no water in it.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2018
Odobopa:

Hehehe
There's mai sai joints everywhere grin grin
Mai sai are those mallams that have tables on the streets selling their tea , fried eggs and bread . They have benches around the table where their customers sit and gist while having their breakfast.
Expert tea makers, they are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2018
cutiereborn:

Here it is tongue

Oshey!
Hot smoking yam on da beat!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2018
eyinjuege:
Deliciousness

I must cook yam this evening!
New Yam Festival on NL. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 11:02am On Jul 31, 2018
zaynie:

Oshey!
Hot smoking yam on da beat!

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (3490) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Reviewmaster, Ganjababe, Botragelad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.