Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,459 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12824 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
And this uncle cannot come to her home or her job
Cannot send the money by wire transfer
Cannot meet her somewhere besides a hotel
Her husband is also barred from accompanying her?
Only a foolish husband that pi.mps out his wife for rent will allow such
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Finally, I see where you are coming from- the land of rubbish academics and woeful debating!

Says the one that has been manufacturing his truths from his ars_e all this while . . . all so he can continue to somehow assert that he is made shepherd over the foolish sheep(women). grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Masculinity is to dictate what your woman does ? Well i am not surprised at you though. You have stated clearly you dont want a woman who can think for herself.. A zombie is your ideal woman. Who does no work, Who has no financial freedom, physical freedom, emotional freedom but under the shackles of her husband to dictate every move she would make because she cant think on her own

Go to BABE! for lessons on the subject matter. She is more than capable of teaching you. tongue

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Baby mama: And this uncle cannot come to her home or her job

True!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar: so avoiding that situation completely is not a safer bet?
because people die boarding air planes now mean you should paddle on a canoe to new york because planes can also crash? what kind of stupidity is this for goodness sake? why do people work with extremes when they can easily deduce there are lesser evils?

I think your quote highlights your idiocy

Because Men rappe women means everyman out there is going to rapeee her. Fathers rape their daughters, So whenever your wife says she is visiting her father your rappe alert comes up

Basically the woman cant think for herself and need the man to think for her and determine whats safe and whats not

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Baby mama: And this uncle cannot come to her home

some people are so unbelievably stüpid they don't even know where the buck stops with feminism. women who are so helpless in the hands of an attacker should not be kept out of harm's way because she can think for herself?

thinking for one's self and defending one's self are 2 different things. what if she assumes the uncle is safe but the uncle still attacked her?

i have never seen anything more moronic in my entire life - damn, some nigerians are dumb!

dayokanu:
I think your quote highlights your idiocy

you are the troglodyte!

Because Men rappe women means everyman out there is going to rapeee her. Fathers rape their daughters, So whenever your wife says she is visiting her father your rappe alert comes up

who knows what obtains?
my duty is to keep her out of harm's way so that men like you would find it difficult to rapë her.

Basically the woman cant think for herself and need the man to think for her and determine whats safe and whats not

her thoughts are irrelevant!
if a woman is so trusting to put herself in harm's way, her thoughts would not bail her out of the situation. we are talking about nigeria here where your attorney general claimed 90% of räpe victims were the cause of their situation. if only they had listened to their men - maybe the rate would be lower than 10%.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Oh blimey!!! I asked you of the attack cases that happened in the hotels. There are stories of women getting attacked, but not ra_ped, in hotels. Do we just assume that BECAUSE @BABE on Nairaland thinks it, then it should be true that chances of rape is higher in hotels?? Come on!! Common sense says to INVESTIGATE to find truth before you continue naw . . .
How do you know the odds are higher? Again, we have an example of a woman who got attacked twice in an office. But so far you have not produced even a single evidence that rapers are higher in hotels yet you continue to spout this, why?
The last statement is illogical, and does not even go along with any of what YOU have been saying, or what I have been saying all this while.

Explain why it's illogical, ma'am.

It's a hotel for zeus's sake! Everyone minds their own business. Even if people hear noises, they would most likely not think anything of it. But in a TYPICAL office setting?. . C'mon now... if she's truly and whole heartedly screaming for help, chances her she'll get help quicker than in a hotel room.

Btw, we're not talking about a one-man office here. The point of an office being "better" is because people will be there to help.

Because you have a closet example of an office attack doesn't mean my stance is void. It proves nothing. This is a matter of common sense and odds.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
bjcole: one yeye uncle like dat asked my wife 2 come home, because of some assistance, when she told, i could sense some wrong motives & i told her dis ur uncle is after something, she was like i m making asumptions, not more than two weeks after, d true color of d uncle was revealed. U will see d handwriting clearly & stil ignores it. Men dont think d way u women think, having sex to man is like easing himself & after, he is relieved. Even d advanced world, d men behave better because of d law.

This is an intelligent man speaking
Red flags ought to be up always when a situation looks suspicious
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Explain why it's illogical, ma'am.

It's a hotel for zeus's sake! Everyone minds their own business. Even if people hear noises, they would most likely not think anything of it. But in a TYPICAL office setting?. . common now... if she's truly and whole heartedly screaming for help, chances her she'll get help quicker than in a hotel room.

Btw, we're not talking about a one-man office here. The point of an office being "better" is because people will be there to help.

Because you have a closet example of an office attack doesn't mean my stance is void. It proves nothing. This is a matter of common sense and odds.

Here's your problem, you are paranoid about hotels in general and so you don't seem to see past that fear. Simple! You are told that an office is likely as unsafe as a hotel, but because of your hard-on against hotels, you cannot seem to balance your argument even after that has been introduced to you. You have no real evidence that hotels are as unsafe as you claim but yet that has not stopped you from almost concluding that hotels are Sodom and Gomorrah for ra_pists. So, at this point, I will just accept that you have an issue with hotels and so will not expect anything more rational from you in this case in the way of a valid argument.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

some people are so unbelievably stüpid they don't even know where the buck stops with feminism. women who are so helpless in the hands of an attacker should not be kept out of harm's way because she can think for herself.

thinking for one's self and defending one's self are 2 different things. what if she assumes the uncle is safe but the uncle still attacked her?

i have never seen anything more moronic in my entire life - damn, some nigerians are dumb!

you are the troglodyte!

who knows what obtains?
my duty is to keep her out of harm's way so that men like you would find it difficult to rapë her.

her thoughts are irrelevant!
if a woman is so trusting to put herself in harm's way, her thoughts would not bail her out of the situation. we are talking about nigeria here where your attorney general claimed 90% of räpe victims were the cause of their situation. if only they had listened to their men - maybe the rate would be lower than 10%.

Statistics tell us that most women are r.aped by people they know not total strangers
Family members and friends of the family
It is stupid reasonings like what I have read here that makes some parents leave their young daughters in prayer houses for hours and days because they trust their MOG and expect him to be impotent
And the MOG will defile the poor girl
We live in a dangerous world
If a father can r.ape his own daughter and nieces,what more some uncle that is not even related.

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Baby mama:

Statistics tell us that most women are r.aped by people they know not total strangers
Family members and friends of the family
It is stupid reasonings like what I have read here that makes some parents leave their young daughters in prayer houses for hours and days because they trust their MOG and expect him to be impotent
And the MOG will defile the poor girl
We live in a dangerous world
If a father can r.ape his own daughter and nieces,what more some uncle that is not even related.

the percentage is ridiculously high - women get räped far more by known faces....
so the people saying she would know her uncle better than the husband could are just simpletons.......that's even the more reason the appointment should be cancelled by the husband.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

the percentage is ridiculously high - women get räped far more by known faces....
so the people saying she would know her uncle better than the husband could are just simpletons.......that's even the more reason the appointment should be cancelled by the husband.

I go to sleep, the mind boggles at some arguments here!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
This is from a UK site

Myth Men of certain races and backgrounds are more likely to commit sexual violence.

Fact There is no typical rapist. Studies show that men who commit sexual violence come from every economic, ethnic, racial, age and social group. 85% of rapists are men known to their victims.

Myth Men who rrape or sexually assault are mentally ill or monsters.

Fact Studies have indicated that as few as 5% of men are psychotic at the time of their crimes. Few convicted rapists are referred for psychiatric treatment.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

I go to sleep, the mind boggles at some arguments here!

better don't take 95% of the things you read here seriously.....
sometimes people just want to argue - it does not mean what they argue for/against is what they do in the real world. dayo is a chauvinist for instance - he's just winding us up!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2012
coogar:

better don't take 95% of the things you read here seriously.....
sometimes people just want to argue - it does not mean what they argue for/against is what they do in the real world. dayo is a chauvinist for instance - he's just winding us up!

Take to heart ke? I have bigger things to take to heart O. Even if he isn't winding us up, how will that change my life? This thread really helped me relax. I haven't done so in a while.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 12:24am On Dec 07, 2012
Baby mama: This is from a UK site

Myth Men of certain races and backgrounds are more likely to commit sexual violence.

Fact There is no typical rapist. Studies show that men who commit sexual violence come from every economic, ethnic, racial, age and social group. 85% of rapists are men known to their victims.

Myth Men who rrape or sexually assault are mentally ill or monsters.

Fact Studies have indicated that as few as 5% of men are psychotic at the time of their crimes. Few convicted rapists are referred for psychiatric treatment.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php

A man in position of power over a woman will be tempted to possess her being particularly non-relatives. It is just sad that people don't talk about these things but it happens all the time.

It takes the special grace of God for a man to discipline himself in a place like Nigeria. It reminds me of a court case I read about- a teenage girl attended one of these so-called "carnivals". A boy invites her to his room where he and 3 other boys try to rape her. She was saved only when neighbourhood vigilantes heard her screams, my question is- what was the girl thinking in the first place?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 07, 2012
chaircover:

You haven't seen male gigolo bankers abi? . . . . and you live in Nigeria!

Amyway let me educate you . . . depending on your job title, bankers MALE & FEMALE are given a target that they have to meet. Some are lucky, they come from rich families so they can easily meet their targets. Some dont have that luxury and have to hustle anyway they know to get that money or their jobs are at risk.

Now back to this particular story. I am assuming that the transaction will take place in a hotel room and not the lobby or bar. Why? because generally speaking in Nigeria, hotels are seen as places where responsible married people dont just visit, so the man wouldn't want to risk being seen with another woman apart from his wife in a public hotel lobby because The first thing that comes to a Nigerians head when you mention the word hotel is sex!

This is also not a relation but a family friend. This changes the dynamics and anything can happen in that hotel room.

The "uncle" himself doesn't sound as if he is giving his money up for free . . . .It is a biz transaction and his office or the banking hall will be a more suitable location. Why does he need to hire a room in order to hand over a piece of paper.

Now I may be wrong and all this may be innocent but my gut feeling tells me otherwise and if I were the husband, I will feel a little uncomfortable too. Not because I dont trust my wife but because she is in a vulnerable position and may not be able to fight her way out if the man decides to rape or attack her.

personally, I believe that a man of integrity will not ask another mans wife to meet him at a hotel. Not in Nigeria anyway.

Madam,
Mr Integrity died in most Nigerian men eons ago. Most Nigerian men would not think twice before molesting or banging a married woman,so why expose yourself to danger.
In Nigerian banks today women/ladies are hired on basis of how much money you can attract to the bank and you are expected to meet men in all kinds of odd places and at odd hours in order to attract investments to the bank.glorified prost1tution if you ask me.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 6:17am On Dec 07, 2012
LOL. Chaircover, this target thingy is really new to me- thanks for letting me know tongue.

Weak argument- "it happens to other people too. So, it might as well happen to me". There are male gigolos too abi.

Well, a woman who goes for a gigolo knows what she is getting, that is different from a man who assumes his wife his decent only for her to throw it away on the excuse of "career advancement" and "professional fulfilment". Education is meant to liberate your mind and widen the scope of reasoning. Use it to find or create jobs that would not threaten your dignity as a woman, honour as a wife and integrity as a mother. tongue

That is what I say to women.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Poster, On this issue I suggest some rationality. Don't decide based solely on assumptions.
This Uncle, is he of noble character? Is he is good man or one who will taake advantage of others? Secondly, people can be molested or made advances to right in the homes where they feel most secure hotels don't automatically mean bad things.
Also if you live in Abuja you will know most businesses especially with out of townerss are conducted in hotel rooms, because it is hard for them to keep a house here when they don't live here, the Vice Presidential candidtae of ANPP highligthed this clearly in their debate.
Also, Government appointees are kept in hotel rooms till alternative appointments are made.
I understand your concern for your wifes safety but before you decide ask the following questions:
1. You mentioned that he has aan existing account with her bank so this is not the first time she is handling his business, has he been inappropirate with her?
2. Your wife you said is God fearing and she must trust and respect you to tell you this information and it must concern her too that is why she told you, so I am sure she will be able to say NO if he makkes inappropirate gestures.
3. As I said earlier, is this man respectful or does he have bad history.

The Cynthia case, her family just knew she traveled to buy clothes no one knew who she was dealing with in this cae the person his wife is dealing with is known to him and her family so possibility of murder and rap3 is almost zero and if it happens he will be arrested immediately because he is not a stranger.

So sir, please remove fear from your mind and you and madam weigh the pros and cons and decide, decide on the facts not on speculations, sterotypes and assumptions.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dont8(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2012
Meet up with a Nigerian man in an hotel? Hmm!

The heart of a man is evil.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 10:25am On Dec 07, 2012
chaircover:

My question to you is does the gigolos wife know that her husband is not being decent and throwing it away on the excuse of career advancement and professional fulfillment?. . . . cos you are making it sound that all career highflyers are doing dodgy things to get to where they get to/got to. That is a big insult to many of the hardworking women out there who balance work and family on a daily basis.

. . . . .and to go one step further what do you think is the percentage of men who can effortlessly singly financially cater for their family?

Hehehe! Chaircover don vex.grin You are still missing my point, I haven't said that a woman/wife shouldn't work but I have said that a woman especially a wife shouldn't make her number objective in life be her job/profession. Her family is the No.1 priority, she is the Chief Welfare Officer (CW0), the man is the CEO of the family. The only reason a man should push himself harder than his average limit is to be able to be the provider that he ought to be for his family, even that has limits.

You have been joking about your husband getting you a X5 for some years now, why are you not talking of getting him one or whatever his dream car is? It is simple, you recognise what your husband's role is and your's as his wife. It is straightforward and commonsensical. It is when you women try to prove that it is not so/meant to be so that these debates become farcical.

Quite frankly, I don't expect any self-respecting wife to accept her husband becoming a gigolo- QED!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2012
Madam CC I gave my advice on this without intending to get into any debate but since you picked out my oppinions let me answer:

1. Most Ogas don't go to the banking hall, they call their account officers to collect cheques and bring cassh.
Even me I rarely have time to leave my desk or rarely out of a meeting till about 6 or 7, I normally call my accounts officer who brings the cash I need and gets a cheque from me or comes and gets the deposit from me, fills in the slips and brings it back. Most busy people I know who have some substantial deposists in banks do the same.
2. Her husband is not his account officer, he cannot guarante the safety of the cheque.
My bosses when they come for AGM are kept in Hotels, except for the actual AGMs they rarely come down, they are elderly men and to hold discussions and meetings you have to go aand meet them up, its mostly a suite so no fear of ending up on the bed as you will be in the sitting room. I also meet their account officers bringing cash or collecting deposits when I go for meetings.

I am not for or against, I am simply advicing the man to reason objectively not based on speculations ans this is a job and not a personaal thing.

When it comes to business and work madam I have little emotions and assumptions, I work with facts as they present. Please as I said I didn't write this for or against just the same business sense I will use is what I am advicing
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2012
For example, when we go on site visits, we need money to pay volunteers in the villages we visit.
We get in to town late and we have to leave for the sites first thing in the morning to cover 4 Wards or more before night, an account officer is normally waiting for us no matter how late we get in and we give him/ her a signed cheque.
What if for example one of the wives of the account officer says she will be the one to come for the cheque as she will not allow her husband to come and get a cheque from my hotel room?
When doing business, work on the facts, what is legal and your job description, banks due to competition provide such services so that they can outdo the others in terms of services.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
chaircover: debrief its because of these speculations, sterotypes and assumptions that people generally have, that should stop a man of integrity in his steps and say he doesnt want his name or intentions muddied in any way and therefore say to the woman "I will come to your banking hall" or "tell your husband to come and get the cheque"

And it is also because of these speculations, stereotypes, and assumptions that folks like you continue to propagate that the society continues to have a hard time moving forward . . . it is all too obvious that so many people are paralyzed by their own fears that they cannot think outside of the box that they have created for themselves especially after one or two horror stories. To some the Cynthia story is all there is to hotels . . . yet there is no evidence that hotels or hotel rooms are more dangerous than even their own homes.

One attempts comparing Oshodi Isale, where violence happens every day to violence that takes place in one person's home and thinks that makes sense. The other, even after being told that just 1 person was attacked twice in an office, still insisted that hotel rooms were more dangerous than offices. Imagine the mentality on these people?? People just need to stop spreading these unfounded "truths". There is NO EVIDENCE . . . NONE whatsoever that hotels in Nigeria are as dangerous as people pretend they are.

Where do the thousands of foreigners who enter that country on a regular basis go? Your village homes?? THINK!! If they keep coming and they keep heading to these same "hotels" that you all are afraid of and the vast majority of them don't complain of ra_pe and all the nonsense many continue to spew, does that not tell you that somewhere your message is not right?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Peterwins(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
I have been in the banking sector and this is a piece of cake.

She should simply go with a colleague. Case closed. Professional ethics demands this despite the pressure to meet targets.
If the "uncle" has no ulterior motive, then he would not mind seeing her with a colleague to pick the cheque during banking hours.

I have a friend who actually drove his wife (a banker) to a hotel to collect a cheque from a male customer on a saturday!!!. Guess what? The wife stormed back to the car from the hotel (husband was waiting in the car for her) without the cheque narrating how the customer was trying to manipulate her to sleep with him before collecting the cheque. She "thought" it will be professional for her to enter the hotel without her husband accompanying her to the hotel room.... husband also thought same, hence his willingness to remain in the hotel car park not even to wait in the lobby.

There is a female banker who recently got raped in a hotel here in Abuja. The rapist drugged her, raped her and stole her car. Thank GOD she came out alive.

Working in the banking industry some few years ago exposed me to the good, bad and ugly sides of the Nigeria banking industry.

The unwholesome deposit targets have actually driven some female bankers (even married ones) into corporate prostitution with or without their husband's knowledge. Quite sad.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
The topic still dey?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
chaircover:

There is theory and practical . . . . . Thank you for being realistic.

Seconded!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / My New Wife Masturbates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.