Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,224 members, 7,849,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12829 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Leave cheating out of this, and assume the woman is a faithful woman. Her cheating would be her choice. Her getting molested or killed in the privacy of her check-man's hotel room wouldn't be her choice. Why should she put herself in that kind of situation?

because the fools think the cure is better than prevention....
they would rather be räped so they can lodge a complaint rather than avoid the situation completely. the last survey was wrong that the IQ of an average nigerian is 69.....it has to be less than 25.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Leave cheating out of this, and assume the woman is a faithful woman. Her cheating would be her choice. Her getting molested or killed in the privacy of her check-man's hotel room wouldn't be her choice. Why should she put herself in that kind of situation?

BABE can you make this judgment and decision yourself on whether to go to a mans hotel room or you need another man to make the judgment for you?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

no wonder half of the firstborns in nigeria are bastards!
with the mentality like yours, may God save your matrimony - so the husband cannot decide what is safe for his own wife or what isn't? surely, akamu must have replaced your brain cells...

people would understand if a married woman gets räped in a car, office, matrimonial bed, etc because people would expect a married woman can be caught in such places. however, if a married woman lodges a complaint that she was räped in a hotel while meeting a client there - what would people think?

fecking hell, am i in the land of philistines?

You are soo obtuse. So a woman that wants to go and "collect" in a hotel room has to be locked at home by her husband to protect her?

What else why not put her in purdah so she wont go out and tie ropes to her neck.

If she decides she wants to go having made the assessment of the situation so whats your own business?

Women who reported their boss trying to abuse them were they told by their husband to do so?

This whole topic is based on the assumption that women left on their own cant think and make good judgment and their husband need to think for them on whats right and whats wrong.

So does your wife also choose where you go and where you don't?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

But she was attacked her in her own office, and almost rap_ed. She said she was molested in another office.

No one said these things don't happen In offices. Such things happen everywhere. So her getting molested in her office is not out of the blue. It's now a matter of lesser of two "evil venues".
Getting r-a-p-e-d in an office makes more sense in Nigeria, btw. If she gets r-a-p-e-d in a hotel, that story wouldn't sound right to the Nigerian audience (the police, her friends and even her husband). They would ask you, "what were you doing In a hotel room with another man?" Your answer will be BS and the case will be closed!!!

If the woman that got attacked (and escaped) in her office were to be in a hotel room when she got attacked, she would have been r-a-p-e-d, straight up. . . so it's better she was in an office.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

No one said these things don't happen In offices. Such things happen everywhere. So her getting molested in her office is not out of the blue. It's now a matter of lesser of two "evil venues".
Getting r-a-p-e-d in an office makes more sense in Nigeria, btw. If she gets r-a-p-e-d in a hotel, that story wouldn't sound right to the Nigerian audience (the police, her friends and even her husband). They would ask you, "what were you doing In a hotel room with another man?" Your answer will be BS and the case will be closed!!!

If the woman that got attacked (and escaped) in her office were to be in a hotel room when she got attacked, she would have been r-a-p-e-d, straight up. . . so it's better she was in an office.

WTFrell . . .. how did you know this? Did you talk to her Office attackers to find this out for a fact or are you again JUMPING to conclusions shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So, what about the reports of women being attacked(not rap_ed) in hotel rooms? Where would those have had to go to get ra_ped instead?? grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:
BABE can you make this judgment and decision yourself on whether to go to a mans hotel room or you need another man to make the judgment for you?

Of course I can! I'd expect my man to reinforce my decision of not going, coz that's what makes sense (in Nigeria).
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Kobo

I know the men wants to use this to assert some authority. I'm not really adverse to that in a way, he's concerned about her welfare. But at the same time, let's forget the men issue and let this woman use her common sense. She's the only one that knows the kind of uncle she's dealing with, anyway.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Of course I can! I'd expect my man to reinforce my decision of not going, coz that's what makes sense (in Nigeria).

If you have made the decision of going or not going then its already decided. No one is in a better situation to make the decision except you. You know the uncle better, you know the kind of person he is, You know the relationship between you guys. So who would be in a better situation to judge other than you.

If the uncle is a flirt and a drunk, Can you Husband tell you to go in such circumstance? What if the uncle is Pastor Adeboye?

if a woman decides to go or not to go, and I know she is a reasonable person why should I question her judgment

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
stillwater: @Kobo

I know the men wants to use this to assert some authority. I'm not really adverse to that in a way, he's concerned about her welfare. But at the same time, let's forget the men issue and let this woman use her common sense. She's the only one that knows the kind of uncle she's dealing with, anyway.

EXACTLYYY. You know the uncle better than anyone else so why would someone else decide how you relate to the person

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:
You are soo obtuse. So a woman that wants to go and "collect" in a hotel room has to be locked at home by her husband to protect her? What else why not put her in purdah so she wont go out and tie ropes to her neck.

this is what i would expect from a stark illiterate....

what has getting locked at home got to do with this? should something happen to this woman in her naivety, who would be held responsible? you or the husband that allowed her? no matter how grown a woman is, she's still her husband's responsibility - so quit the yapping and engage your brain into the top gear.....

If she decides she wants to go having made the assessment of the situation so whats your own business?

what's my own business with what my wife and the mother of my children does in terms of her safety? you see why people say abnormally tall people are usually daft? you have grown past the intelligence frequency!

Women who reported their boss trying to abuse them were they told by their husband to do so?

of what relevance is this?
being attacked in the office absolves a woman - she's expected to be in her office. being attacked in the hotel does not absolve her - what's she doing in the hotel? if she assumes the place is safe and it turns out differently, what can she do to reverse the decision? dial 911 or use the dane gun she inherited from your grand father?

This whole topic is based on the assumption that women left on their own cant think and make good judgment and their husband need to think for them on whats right and whats wrong.

they often put themselves in harm's way. for a man, there's a difference - most men would fight their attackers and most attackers even prey on women because they are the weaker sex. so it's your duty to ensure she's well taken care of! if there's 1% chance my woman can be attacked, i would rather avoid the situation completely - that's common sense - a virtue you lack wholesomely.

So does your wife also choose where you go and where you don't?

why not?
my duty of care is in her hands and vice versa - if she feels it's not safe for me to go, she lets me know! it's my responsibility to convince her all is well and safety measures have been taken. she expects me to do the same for her as well!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
stillwater: @Kobo

Women have been using their common sense in that country long before this question came up this December 2012 . . . The same women used her common sense when she was not married. The same women probably had to visit hotels to obtain payment from other people(I am again guessing that this payment is probably for a business or some investment or whatever, and it is probably not her first time ever getting payment from a man or friend, and she certainly has a brain of her own to know when she should be careful, or go with the flow. So, if we are talking just of the woman, I don't see what the issue here is.

However, as you can see, a lot of folks who continue to comment don't believe women have common sense of any kind and so they continue to suggest that a hotel should be a NO-GO area to a woman as a result. Do you see that?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Women have been using their common sense in that country long before this question came up this December 2012 . . . The same women used her common sense when she was not married. The same women probably had to visit hotels to obtain payment from other people(I am again guessing that this payment is probably for a business or some investment or whatever, and it is probably not her first time ever getting payment from a man or friend, and she certainly has a brain of her own to know when she should be careful, or go with the flow. So, if we are talking just of the woman, I don't see what the issue here is.

However, as you can see, a lot of folks who continue to comment don't believe women have common sense of any kind and so they continue to suggest that a hotel should be a NO-GO area to a woman as a result. Do you see that?

No they are senseless beings that needs to be told to sit, stand, go, come, walk, drive

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:

If you have made the decision of going or not going then its already decided. No one is in a better situation to make the decision except you. You know the uncle better, you know the kind of person he is, You know the relationship between you guys. So who would be in a better situation to judge other than you.

If the uncle is a flirt and a drunk, Can you Husband tell you to go in such circumstance? What if the uncle is Pastor Adeboye?

if a woman decides to go or not to go, and I know she is a reasonable person why should I question her judgment

cynthia's family must have also thought she's sensible enough not to get räped in a dinghy festac hotel.... we are talking common sense and you are talking in roman numerals. millions of women in nigeria with a higher IQ than yours have been rapëd because they underestimated the situation......
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Stillwater, see what I mean??
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WTFrell . . .. how did you know this? Did you talk to her Office attackers to find this out for a fact or are you again JUMPING to conclusions shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So, what about the reports of women being attacked(not rap_ed) in hotel rooms? Where would those have had to go to get ra_ped instead?? grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
What I meant by that is there's a higher chance she'd get r-a-p-e-d in a hotel room. If you do not understand that by now, then I'm sorry for you.

Sh1t happens everywhere. If you now capitalize on that, and decide to leave public places where you're safer and go to hotel rooms and motels to collect checks, then there's something wrong somewhere. It's all about chances! Nothing is certain, yes! No one has said she'd definitely get raped in the hotel, but the odds are higher.

There was a bomb blast in ikeja, Lagos years ago. On the other hand, Bomb blasts in Borno state is becoming a normal thing.
Now, would it make sense if I decide to go live in Maiduguri just because a bomb went off in Lagos too and sh1ts happen everywhere ? Isn't that putting myself In the hands of danger, deliberately ?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar: cynthia's family must have also thought she's sensible enough not to get räped in a dinghy festac hotel.... we are talking common sense and you are talking in roman numerals. millions of women in nigeria with a higher IQ than yours have been rapëd because they underestimated the situation......

Basically women are not sensible enough to know when a situation is good or bad and they need a man to make such decisions for them.

Cynthia must be the first human being to make an erroneous judgment. The millions of men who make bad judgment daily who should they have consulted before doing it? Goodluck Jonathan or Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

El_dumbero, that is EXACTLY what YOU and your ilk have been doing all this time. Suggesting that women go dig a hole to hide themselves because there is potential danger around the corner. . . .

Imagine this one not even knowing the core of his argument all this time.

Obviously, comprehension flies above your head even if force-fed down your throat. Let's break it down- you would get the beating of your life at Oshodi Isale and certainly lose the valuables. Effectively leaving the relative comfort of your home to a relatively insecure location is the point there.

A woman has a reasonable chance of warding-off assault in most places other than a hotel especially when she is the one really requiring something from the person inviting her to come to the hotel in Nigeria. Your arguments are beyond foolish, the test is simple, if there is no ulterior motive present the cheque at a place she is comfortable with not the opposite.

Female bank marketers who strive to be decent won't come to your office to even present account opening form without a colleague talk less of coming to collect a cheque probably worth millions.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:

No they are senseless beings that needs to be told to sit, stand, go, come, walk, drive

don't tell your spouse where to go.....
when she gets battered in the hands of evil men maybe you would learn your lessons painfully(which would have deserved). the babe @ ABSU gangbanged by 5 boys must have also thought the situation was safe - see what happened to her.....

why would you leave a woman in harm's way with 50% probability that she could be assaulted instead of avoiding the situation entirely? why do we have many daft people on this planet? this is like a horror movie of american teenagers acting stupïdly like they have no common sense!

dayokanu:
Basically women are not sensible enough to know when a situation is good or bad and they need a man to make such decisions for them.

of course......
this is the reason there are more male victims of rapë than females. you know, women have always made the right decisions since the fall of man in eden! what a tool!

Cynthia must be the first human being to make an erroneous judgment. The millions of men who make bad judgment daily who should they have consulted before doing it? Goodluck Jonathan or Tinubu?

at least, that misjudgement would not be räpe....
a husband must do everything humanly possible to keep his wife out of harm's way....if that does not sit well with you - drive off the grand canyon!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

don't tell your spouse where to go.....
when she gets battered in the hands of evil men maybe you would learn your lessons painfully(which would have deserved). the babe @ ABSU gangbanged by 5 boys must have also thought the situation was safe - see what happened to her.....

why would you leave a woman in harm's way with 50% probability that she could be assaulted instead of avoiding the situation entirely? why do we have many daft people on this planet? this is like a horror movie of american teenagers acting stupïdly like they have no common sense!

So women who have no husband and are single are running into mischief daily and since they have low IQ, They need the men to help them think. The ABSU girl cant think, Cynthia cant think Infact women can't think and make sensible decisions about their wellbeing and safety.

No wonder the senate full of men would sit down and decide whats good for a womans health because those beings called women can't just think they are toddlers

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

far from it.......
the babe that was attacked in her oga's office would have been rapëd if it was in a hotel. the situation would have been worse in a hotel so the office environment saved her. the attacker stopped because if she screamed, the other employees would hear......a woman screaming in a hotel can be mistaken for a woman having her 4th orgasm.....and if the scream is coming from the chief's room(the same chief who probably is their biggest customer) the staff would look the other way!

Don't tell me you joined Kobojunkie in missing my point in that post. That would be disappointing.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Why are you the man In the relationship then? Guess what. . . judgements are to be questioned. Sometimes, people need a second opinion or judgment and those second opinions are indeed right; they do make more sense.

It's not like there aren't other options other than a hotel room. Why must they be together in a hotel room before he can hand over the damn check ? There are safer places the check can be handed over.

If the uncle has something up his sleeve or doesn't, then meeting at Mr. Biggs gives a very very slim chance of anything "going down".
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

What I meant by that is there's a higher chance she'd get r-a-p-e-d in a hotel room. If you do not understand that by now, then I'm sorry for you.
Oh blimey!!! I asked you of the attack cases that happened in the hotels. There are stories of women getting attacked, but not ra_ped, in hotels. Do we just assume that BECAUSE @BABE on Nairaland thinks it, then it should be true that chances of rape is higher in hotels?? Come on!! Common sense says to INVESTIGATE to find truth before you continue naw . . .
BABE!:

Sh1t happens everywhere. If you now capitalize on that, and decide to leave public places where you're safer and go to hotel rooms and motels, then there's something wrong somewhere. It's all about chances! Nothing is certain, yes! No one has said she'd definitely get raped in the hotel, but the odds are higher.
How do you know the odds are higher? Again, we have an example of a woman who got attacked twice in an office. But so far you have not produced even a single evidence that rapers are higher in hotels yet you continue to spout this, why?
BABE!:

There was a bomb blast in ikeja, Lagos years ago. On the other hand, Bomb blasts in Borno state is becoming a normal thing.
Now, would it make sense if I decide to go live in Maiduguri just because a bomb went off in Lagos too and sh1ts happen everywhere ? Isn't that putting myself In the hands of danger, deliberately ?

The last statement is illogical, and does not even go along with any of what YOU have been saying, or what I have been saying all this while.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:
Don't tell me you joined Kobojunkie in missing my point in that post. That would be disappointing.

that's sarcasm.....read between the lines! grin

dayokanu:
So women who have no husband and are single are running into mischief daily and since they have low IQ, They need the men to help them think. The ABSU girl cant think, Cynthia cant think Infact women can't think and make sensible decisions about their wellbeing and safety.

i don't care about women with no husbands - the duty of care is with her parents or the idol she worships. i am talking about my wife.

No wonder the senate full of men would sit down and decide whats good for a womans health because those beings called women can't just think they are toddlers

you don't have enough wisdom......
why do you think brothers get antsy when they see their sisters around men, even if the sisters are grown? because men know the minds of his fellow men and the evil out there is real - only a fool would not acknowledge that! women are more likely to be gullible or vulnerable.....therefore, she must be told about the dangers that exist!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Obviously Dayo has been overfed with family section feminism, he is losing his masculinity. May the day never come that my future wife thinks that my opinion on ANYTHING doesn't matter. She might not ask for it but that is a different thing from saying it doesn't count.

Dude has a long way to go.

#Hehehehe
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:
Why are you the man In the relationship then? Guess what. . . judgements are to be questioned. Sometimes, people need a second opinion or judgment and those second opinions are indeed right; they do make more sense.

It's not like there aren't other options other than a hotel room. Why must they be together in a hotel room before he can hand over the damn check ? There are safer places the check can be handed over.

The men don't have supernatural powers to know a potential rappist better than you. Possibly based on your relationship with the uncle you know him better.

You need to collect money from your uncle who flew to town for an occasion and he told you to meet him in his hotel to collect the money, Situations like that happen everytime, The only variable is your opinion of the uncle and how he acts around people. Thats what would determine whether you go or not. Not what another human thinks. Your uncle might be like an angel to be but be flirting with you codedly, Who would know that better? YOU

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Obviously, comprehension flies above your head even if force-fed down your throat. Let's break it down- you would get the beating of your life at Oshodi Isale and certainly lose the valuables. Effectively leaving the relative comfort of your home to a relatively insecure location is the point there.

A woman has a reasonable chance of warding-off assault in most places other than a hotel especially when she is the one really requiring something from the person inviting her to come to the hotel in Nigeria. Your arguments are beyond foolish, the test is simple, if there is no ulterior motive present the cheque at a place she is comfortable with not the opposite.

Female bank marketers who strive to be decent won't come to your office to even present account opening form without a colleague talk less of coming to collect a cheque probably worth millions.

a) There is NO evidence that in Nigeria, the home is MORE SECURE. There are people who have right there in their homes been ra_ped, robbed, molested . . . children fall safely in this category.

b) There is NO evidence that you are more likely to be ra_ped in a hotel than in your home, in Nigeria. So far, many of you have made the 'comfortable' assumption that a hotel equals a hotel room when any intelligent individual knows that is not true. Also, many of you have conveniently concluded that because you think a hotel equals a hotel room, in your heads, and that there is like a bed in that room, means ra_pe is likely to happen there. When in reality the good number of of ra_pe reports in the papers usually are of ra_pe carried out in the streets and homes(not hotels) across the country.

c) Creating truths for yourselves out of thin air does not make them facts.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

If the uncle has something up his sleeve or doesn't, then meeting at Mr. Biggs gives a very very slim chance of anything "going down".

I am feeling your posts like Popeye enjoys his Spinach- teach Dayo what the role of the husband is!

Oh dear!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Obviously Dayo has been overfed with family section feminism, he is losing his masculinity. May the day never come that my future wife thinks that my opinion on ANYTHING doesn't matter. She might not ask for it but that is a different thing from saying it doesn't count.

Dude has a long way to go.

#Hehehehe

Masculinity is to dictate what your woman does ? Well i am not surprised at you though. You have stated clearly you dont want a woman who can think for herself.. A zombie is your ideal woman. Who does no work, Who has no financial freedom, physical freedom, emotional freedom but under the shackles of her husband to dictate every move she would make because she cant think on her own

3 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: I said it . . some folks believe that once a woman is married, her brain drops out on the way back to the man's house. The same brain that has served her growing up in the same Nigeria and the same wild streets, suddenly drops out of her skull when she is married and she then becomes sheep that needs to be led everywhere.

The woman may have been collecting checks and payments from her customers at hotels, homes, etc, for years. She probably has a business that she runs that way, but once we hear she is married, she becomes a half-wit that needs to be shepherded.

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) There is NO evidence that in Nigeria, the home is MORE SECURE. There are people who have right there in their homes been ra_ped, robbed, molested . . . children fall safely in this category.

b) There is NO evidence that you are more likely to be ra_ped in a hotel than in your home, in Nigeria. So far, many of you have made the 'comfortable' assumption that a hotel equals a hotel room when any intelligent individual knows that is not true. Also, many of you have conveniently concluded that because you think a hotel equals a hotel room, in your heads, and that there is like a bed in that room, means ra_pe is likely to happen there. When in reality the vast majority of ra_pe reports in the papers usually are of ra_pe carried out in the streets and homes(not hotels) across the country.

c) Creating truths for yourselves out of thin air does not make them facts.

Finally, I see where you are coming from- the land of rubbish academics and woeful debating!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
Okay my INTELLIGENT MAN POSTING ALERT just went off and it pointed to this thread. . .I was like whaat? Has this thing stopped working? Decided to check the thread out before I call the people who programmed it and blast them till kingdom come then I saw DAYOKANU and it all made sense.

My Alert is still as sharp as it was the first day it was programmed. cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu:
The men don't have supernatural powers to know a potential rappist better than you. Possibly based on your relationship with the uncle you know him better.

go on the internet and google the % of räpe victims who "knew" their attackers
you are plumbing new depths of idiocy here.

You need to collect money from your uncle who flew to town for an occasion and he told you to meet him in his hotel to collect the money, Situations like that happen everytime, The only variable is your opinion of the uncle and how he acts around people. Thats what would determine whether you go or not. Not what another human thinks. Your uncle might be like an angel to be but be flirting with you codedly, Who would know that better? YOU

so avoiding that situation completely is not a safer bet?
because people die boarding air planes now mean you should paddle on a canoe to new york because planes can also crash? what kind of stupidity is this for goodness sake? why do people work with extremes when they can easily deduce there are lesser evils?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Units Of 2 Bedroom Block Of Flat / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / Good Primary And Secondary Schools In Ejigbo/ajao Estate, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.