Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12793 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Claus(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why are we acting like we don't know how the banking industry is rife with powerful men trying to take advantage of female marketers?

Agreed, the poster has not mentioned that the transaction will take place in the hotel room. However, upon arriving at the hotel, if the "uncle" asks her to come up to the room, she should flat out refuse. As a safety net, the husband should accompany his wife to the hotel.

Let's not over complicate the issue or ignore the Nigerian banking context that both the marketer and the "uncle" are operating in.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Oh please. Where else is it gonna be? Lobby? Pffft! Nigerian men. . . Yell yh it's gonna be in his damn room.
Giving me silly terminologies, you go work on being less naive.

When the evil deed is done, they will start crying foul.

At least I'm happy I brought you back on track, coz you were busy talking about her cheating asif that's the crux of the matter.

I modified my original post because I now understand where you are coming from.

Happy Learning. . .Babe. smiley
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Oh please. Where else is it gonna be? Lobby? Pffft! Nigerian men. . . Yell yh it's gonna be in his damn room.
Giving me silly terminologies, you go work on being less naive.

When the evil deed is done, they will start crying foul.

At least I'm happy I brought you back on track, coz you were busy talking about her cheating asif that's the crux of the matter.

sisikill lives in a parallel universe........she's either winding us up or she's incredibly naive to think this man has no ulterior motive.

ileobatojo:
O ga o. Even me that I mentioned weapon sef, I fit myself? I one swift flick of the wrist and the gun is out of my hand. Next thing I know the deed is over.

ileobatojo? i used to think you are lara croft ..... expert in martial arts and hand weaponry. the deed is over ke?

Single or married, this scenario comes with potential for great risk. We don't have to fight over nothing abeg.

potential of humongous risk!
these naija men are powerful - all the staff of the hotel eat from their hands. once the babe arrives alone, she's toast!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by slimyem: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

c) I am also guessing you did not think it your place to register a complaint of this to the right authorities so that, if in the future, someone with a heart decided to go after monkeys like that, that man will definitely get his comeuppance?

Should we ban women from offices as well? undecided undecided undecided undecided
You are not in tune with some realities that obtain in Nigeria Ma/Sir.
Something similar happened to me as a student in school in my Dean of faculty's office.
His was an issue that was well known all over school for harrassing female students continually.I knew him by name and nickname but had never seen him so i couldn't tell until i had stuff to submit in his office.
My point is he had been reported countless times and EVERYONE in the school including his colleagues and seniors knew but apart from the rumours we heard that he was made to face panels,NOTHING was done to remedy the situation!undecidedundecided
He's retired now but i tell you the nonsense went on till he did.
...just trying to tell you our systems are not programmed to work as smoothly as you think.undecided
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I modified my original post because I now understand where you are coming from.

Happy Learning. . .Babe. smiley

Unwitty sarcasm! Go and sit down Jo, with your naive self... applying Obodo oyinbo's mentality to Nigeria. Smh.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
slimyem: You are not in tune with some realities that obtain in Nigeria Ma/Sir.
Something similar happened to me as a student in school in my Dean of faculty's office.
His was an issue that was well known all over school for harrassing female students continually.I knew him by name and nickname but had never seen him so i couldn't tell until i had stuff to submit in his office.
My point is he had been reported countless times and EVERYONE in the school including his colleagues and seniors knew but apart from the rumours we heard that he was made to face panels,NOTHING was done to remedy the situation!
He's retired now but i tell you the nonsense went on till he did.
...just trying to tell you our systems are not programmed to work as smoothly as you think.undecidedundecidedundecided

What is a chat on Nairaland without someone coming in to lecture me on why what I say(many of which happen right there in Nigeria on a regular basis) is not in tune with realities in the same Nigeria.

Kobojunkie:
c) I am also guessing you did not think it your place to register a complaint of this to the right authorities so that, if in the future, someone with a heart decided to go after monkeys like that, that man will definitely get his comeuppance?

Should we ban women from offices as well? undecided undecided undecided undecided

So, tell me what is the different between your rattle above and what I said?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Unwitty sarcasm! Go and sit down Jo, with your naive self... applying Obodo oyinbo's mentality to Nigeria. Smh.

Now nothing annoys me more than when people think I am being sarcastic when I am not!! sad sad

How do you miss that?!!

Oh wait. . .never mind!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

she's not nigerian - she's caucasian!
you really expect a nigerian woman to strut naively to meet an old chief with a protruding belly in his hotel room? come on - only hannah montana can think like that. grin
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

ileobatojo? i used to think you are lara croft ..... expert in martial arts and hand weaponry. the deed is over ke?

My own is Lara croft of the mouth finish. I no dey try myself!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Only Hannah Montana, that other one nko. . .the one dating Justine Beiber!

Lmfao! Yeah, if we don't think evil lurks in every corner or have the idiotic mentality of ascribing silly characteristics to things, then we are not Nigerian enough cheesy

God help us all!!!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Here is a newsflash for you. Everyday business deals, meets-ups happen across Nigerian in hotels. If you want to bar yourself from going to hotels because you are afraid you might get ra_ped then that is your lot in life but know this, as we speak, billions of Nigeria's money exchange hands between reputable partners even, in hotels across Nigeria, and no, they do not all happen in hotel rooms. Many hotels have conference rooms, meetings rooms, lobby areas were many of these deals take place.

Now for your Cynthia reference, how many of those cases have you read of in just 2012 alone? Now when you consider the number, divide it by the number of women in Nigeria( say 50 million) what do you get? What does that tell you of the probably of what happened to Cynthia happening to women in general in that country?

I am not the one focusing on being married here. Many of you have put that forth as reason for why she should not go, and all I have done is try to get you all to think how stupid that line of reasoning really is.

When you talk of safety, we have so far established that a woman can be ra_ped even in her own office. I mean we have someone here who did not go to a hotel but to see a client in an office and got molested. So if safety is the issue here, should we then ban women from going out entirely? Heck, we cannot say for sure that if the uncle shows up to her house instead that he would not ra_pe her there if that was his intention. So we could say that for safety reasons, women should be barred from seeing any man that she is not married to, abi?

Essentially the chances of something bad happening to a Nigerian woman anywhere is almost same. She could get raped in a hotel(according to most of you), we know from the experience of the one there that the office is not safe, and bringing the rap_ist home instead would probably not be safer. So, what is the conclusion? That women should not see anyone because Nigeria is unsafe?

*Sighs* It's simple. The conclusion is, do not go to a hotel room/seclusive area for "meetings" with some random person. Geez. Because you've been doing it and nothing has happened to your a-r-s-e (speaking generally) doesn't mean you should keep doing it. You need to be careful! You're in Nigeria (a 7th world country). Drop that "the world is safe" mentality as soon as you step out of the plane at murtala Mohammed.

There are other places to do this ish. Anywhere else but a hotel room.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Only Hannah Montana, that other one nko. . .the one dating Justine Beiber!

Lmfao! [size=13pt]Yeah, if we don't think evil lurks in every corner or have the idiotic mentality of ascribing silly characteristics to things, then we are not Nigerian enough[/size] cheesy

God help us all!!!

[size=13pt]BAM!![/size]
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

*Sighs* It's simple. The conclusion is, do not go to a hotel room/seclusive area for "meetings". Geez. Because you've been doing it and nothing has happened to your arse (speaking generally) doesn't mean you should keep doing it. You need to be careful! You're in Nigeria (a 7th world country). Drop that "the world is safe" mentality as soon as you step out of the plane at murtala Mohammed.

There are other places to do this ish. Anywhere else but a hotel room.

That is an invalid conclusion given we have also established that one can get raped in an office as well, and we have not here established that this meeting will happen in a hotel room.

I don't have a "world is safe" mentality . . .so please stop jumping to stupid conclusions. I simply do not share your paranoid delusions is all.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Now nothing annoys me more than when people think I am being sarcastic when I am not!! sad sad
How do you miss that?!!
Oh wait. . .never mind!! cheesy cheesy

Just shut up!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Only Hannah Montana, that other one nko. . .the one dating Justine Beiber!

which one? ini edo? grin

Lmfao! Yeah, if we don't think evil lurks in every corner or have the idiotic mentality of ascribing silly characteristics to things, then we are not Nigerian enough cheesy
God help us all!!!

there's evil in every corner in nigeria. one would be incredibly daft not to think that way. the crimes against women are even worse as nothing gets done. i thought prevention is better than cure. so you'd rather let a woman get molested so he can report the case or avoid the situation completely? if this woman meets him @ the bar and her drink gets spiked and she gets räped - would the police or the law do anything about it?

ileobatojo:
My own is Lara croft of the mouth finish. I no dey try myself!

mama biology, buy a taser, learn martial arts or get a gun...
the world out there is evil and there are more räpists in america than the whole of europe...
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2012

God help us all!!!

I guess you could get married in a prison going by your logic- you know it is not only Prisoners that stay there and you can think of no other better places than Kirikiri for example. tongue
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

That is an invalid conclusion given we have also established that one can get raped in an office as well, and we have not here established that this meeting will happen in a hotel room.

I don't have a "world is safe" mentality . . .so please stop jumping to stupid assumptions.

If you don't, why are you the leader of the bandwagon saying the woman can go get the check in the place in question?

If the meeting is in a hotel room, all what I've said on this thread stands.

Use your head Jo. Offices are different from hotel rooms in terms of venues to execute evil deeds. Christ!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

Just shut up!

God knows I was tempted to tell her that. Forgive her naivety.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

If you don't, why are you the leader of the bandwagon saying the woman can go get the check in the place in question?

If the meeting is in a hotel room, all what I've said on this thread stands.

Use your head Jo. Offices are different from hotel rooms in terms of venues to execute evil deeds. Christ!

I can conclude at this point that you don't see even see how warped your own logic has been to this point.

Someone came in here to tell you that she almost got rap_ed in her own office. She also told you she did get molested in an office though, but the @OP never told you anything of the sort happening to the woman in the story, in the hotel. But you adamantly continue to harp on a hotel room being worse? Really? Talk of crab thinking men . . . serious . . . ROFLMAO!!!!

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by slimyem: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So, tell me what is the different between your rattle above and what I said?
so that, if in the
future, someone with a heart decided to
go after monkeys like that, that man will
definitely get his comeuppance ?
I see you don't get it..
Point is there is always a high chance that people get away with crimes such as this in the Nigerian environment.undecided
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't have a "world is safe" mentality . . .so please stop jumping to stupid conclusions. I simply do not share your paranoid delusions is all.

Because people get robbed in their bedrooms, I am going to Oshodi Isale tomorrow with a shovel to dig a hole where my valuables will be kept?! That is the kind of "wisdom" you are displaying here.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
slimyem: I see you don't get it..
Point is there is always a high chance that people get away with crimes such as this in the Nigerian environment.undecided

Stop rambling!! Where in my post did I say otherwise? Abeg stop trying to derail the discussion with your silly I KNOW NIGERIA MORE THAN YOU BECAUSE IN MY HEAD I CAN CONJURE UP NONSENSE AND CLAIM IT IS NIGERIA. Learn to read and move on.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Because people get robbed in their bedrooms, I am going to Oshodi Isale tomorrow with a shovel to dig a hole where my valuables will be kept?! That is the kind of "wisdom" you are displaying here.

El_dumbero, that is EXACTLY what YOU and your ilk have been doing all this time. Suggesting that women go dig a hole to hide themselves because there is potential danger around the corner. . . .

Imagine this one not even knowing the core of his argument all this time.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

far from it.......
the babe that was attacked in her oga's office would have been rapëd if it was in a hotel. the situation would have been worse in a hotel so the office environment saved her. the attacker stopped because if she screamed, the other employees would hear......a woman screaming in a hotel can be mistaken for a woman having her 4th orgasm.....and if the scream is coming from the chief's room(the same chief who probably is their biggest customer) the staff would look the other way!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I can conclude at this point that you don't see even see how warped your own logic has been to this point.

Someone came in here to tell you that she almost got rap_ed in her own office. She also told you she did get molested in an office though, but the @OP never told you anything of the sort happening to the woman in the story, in the hotel. But you adamantly continue to harp on a hotel room being worse? Really? Talk of crab thinking men . . . ]

I repeat, offices are safer! The woman that got attacked In the office would have been ra-p-e-d if it was in a hotel.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

I repeat, offices are safer! The woman that got attacked In the office would have been attacked if it was in a hotel.

How did you come to this conclusion that offices are safer? By simply thinking it undecided undecided undecided undecided She told you here that she was attacked in an office, but you just want to ignore than because of your pre-conceived ideas of hotels.

What is with the crab-level reasoning here?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why should the husband be the one to allow or "disaalow" the wife ?Cant she use her own sense?

If she assess the situation and see it as risky then she shouldnt go, otherwise let her go.

If you as the husband say she shouldnt go to the hotel because someone might fffucck her, Do you know there are a million other venues she can be fuccked including her office, her car, even your matrimonial bed if she wants to.

We are talking about a grown up woman here not a toddler who doesn't know left from right.

If I have an underaged daughter then I would probably stop her from meeting at that place for that purpose but not a grown ass woman

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How did you come to this conclusion that offices are safer? By simply thinking it undecided undecided undecided undecided She told you here that she was attacked in an office, but you just want to ignore than because of your pre-conceived ideas of hotels.

What is with the crab-level reasoning here?? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I put "attacked" in place of "r-a-p-e-d" in my last post, obviously! That was a typo.
Read my last post again, slowly.
I'll give you a chance to edit your comment.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

I put "attacked" in place of "r-a-p-e-d" in my last post, obviously! That was a typo.
Read my last post again, slowly.
I'll give you a chance to edit your comment.

But she was attacked her in her own office, and almost rap_ed. She said she was molested in another office.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu: Why should the husband be the one to allow or "disaalow" the wife ?Cant she use her own sense?

If she assess the situation and see it as risky then she shouldnt go, otherwise let her go.

If you as the husband say she shouldnt go to the hotel because someone might fffucck her, Do you know there are a million other venues she can be fuccked including her office, her car, even your matrimonial bed if she wants to.

We are talking about a grown up woman here not a toddler who doesn't know left from right.

If I have an underaged daughter then I would probably stop her from meeting at that place for that purpose but not a grown ass woman

no wonder half of the firstborns in nigeria are bastards!
with the mentality like yours, may God save your matrimony - so the husband cannot decide what is safe for his own wife or what isn't? surely, akamu must have replaced your brain cells...

people would understand if a married woman gets räped in a car, office, matrimonial bed, etc because people would expect a married woman can be caught in such places. however, if a married woman lodges a complaint that she was räped in a hotel while meeting a client there - what would people think?

fecking hell, am i in the land of philistines?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
dayokanu: Why should the husband be the one to allow or "disaalow" the wife ?Cant she use her own sense?

I tell ya what . . . it seems many of these so-called Nigerian men here have conveniently concluded that Nigerian woman are unintelligent "sheep" that needs to be "shepherded" by, guess who, the Nigerian men, so to avoid danger around every corner. Hence the need for them, the men, to CONTROL the women.

This is really creepy stuff here . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2012

Leave cheating out of this, and assume the woman is a faithful woman. Her cheating would be her choice. Her getting molested or killed in the privacy of her check-man's hotel room wouldn't be her choice. Why should she put herself in that kind of situation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.