Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again (15820 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 3:48am On Dec 24, 2012
plappville:

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him

He never was refering to Himself as you can see, He is His father's spokes man.

For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.

John 8:26 "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

The Father speaking through Jesus:

John 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Good one sis!

Trinitarians put these things and Rev 1:1 inside pocket as they read that's why they don't know who is who.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 4:59am On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^^ That doesn't stop us from seeking the truth from God. Let this argument just cease because it's causing more division among us (this is what the devil wants). No more arguments, instead more prayers!

there is nothing wrong in seeking the truth. This is a case of not accepting the truth inspired by the Holyspirit. Or did the Holyspirit make a mistake? Was it a mistake that God is referred to as the God of Jesus in Rev 1:6?

Are you going to receive a new truth which states that a subject to God is now His equal? That 1cor 15:27-28 is no longer what was written there? That the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our forefathers(acts 3:13) is equal to his servant, Jesus whom he raised as mentioned in the same verse and that God, his servant and Holyspirit is what is referred to as the God of Abraham?

Are we going to see that One God who 1Cor 8:5-6 referred to as the Father is no longer the Father alone but includes the Holyspirit and Jesus? That God the Father, v23, who is a spirit, v24, who Jesus in jn 4:23-24 said we should worship in spirit and truth, is 3 persons in one God?

Trinitarians can easily make the angel who is like God equal to God because all they are looking for is where they can find the title "God."

I begged Olaagbade and Enigma to help me understand these contradictions according to the spirit they hear from, they told me to do it my self, that infact it is a mystery. I started wondering if the spirit didn't reveal it well to them.

I believe the whole truth was revealed to the apostles.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^ The reason why I asked for us to seek God's face is so that this argument will finally come to an end. Threads debating trinity are already too much on nairaland. The trinitarians refuse to believe that their doctrine is false while the non-trinitarians refuse to believe that the trinity doctrine is true. What I want is for us to seek a common ground instead of arguing unnecessarily. The Holy Spirit can not be the originator of the confusion abounding today. Do we have different Holy Spirit(s)? One is telling people that God is a triune being while another one is saying God is one (i assume we all have the Holy Spirit). If we all have the same Holy Spirit then we must all have the same answers, the Holy Spirit cannot be confusing us. So instead of using scriptures to mudsling ourselves, let us seek for answers from the Spirit of truth, the one who holds all truth.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^^ That doesn't stop us from seeking the truth from God. Let this argument just cease because it's causing more division among us (this is what the devil wants). No more arguments, instead more prayers!

Praying for the truth wouldn't change what the truth really is. The scripture clearly says, Jesus the servant and son of the Almighty God, was exalted by God Himself, that doesn't mean they are co-equal.

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

1Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The above quoted scriptures are as clear as day and were inspired by the power of the Holy Spirit. I wonder if fasting and prayers would change the glaring facts/truths conveyed in those passages.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^ If the truth will not change then we shouldn't be afraid to pray right? I know about all those verses and if you read the thread from the beginning you will see that I'm with you on this. My point is, why do we see it this way and trinitarians see it differently? Since we all have the Holy Spirit, we should all have the same answers. The Holy Spirit cannot be confusing us all.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^Well, that makes some sense brah!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 10:52am On Dec 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Same question I've been asking that anony keeps running from,claiming that running errands for someone doesn't mean being subordinate to that person.........

According to anony who said Jesus was playing a role momentarily(while on earth) as Gods servant and subject,he forgot to read the same bOok of revelation where Jesus in the heaven still refers to the Father as his GOD and also at 1 corinthians 15:27-28 where Jesus is made subject to the Father for all eternity.......

1 corinthians 11:3 although being evaded by anony and his crew shows that in the heavens Jesus is a subject to the Father...

##GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
However, I want you to realize that Christ has
authority over every man, a husband has
authority over his wife, and God has authority
over Christ.

##..
New International Version (©1984)
Now I want you to realize that the head of
every man is Christ, and the head of the
woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
But there is one thing I want you to know: The
head of every man is Christ, the head of
woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
If after reading this scriptures someone still comes out to say Jesus is equal to his GOD or not a subject of his GOD(for all eternity) then I'll have to assume such person to be a drunkard.....smh!!!!!!

the person is not only drunk with alcohol, but drunk with Demons.

@Ijawkid
did you see my PM?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^ If the truth will not change then we shouldn't be afraid to pray right? I know about all those verses and if you read the thread from the beginning you will see that I'm with you on this. My point is, why do we see it this way and trinitarians see it differently? Since we all have the Holy Spirit, we should all have the same answers. The Holy Spirit cannot be confusing us all.

Why they see it different is because they are looking for the title "God" and who bears it.

I wonder why they have not made the angel of the LORD who is God, the fourth person. Zechariah 12:8
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^ If the truth will not change then we shouldn't be afraid to pray right? I know about all those verses and if you read the thread from the beginning you will see that I'm with you on this. My point is, why do we see it this way and trinitarians see it differently? Since we all have the Holy Spirit, we should all have the same answers. The Holy Spirit cannot be confusing us all.

the trinitarian dont pray to Yahweh the father as Jesus commanded that we should pray to the father through the name of the son.

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name(which name?) . " (Matthew 6:9-10).

Rather they pray to the "god" of the trinity, and as such they dont start their prayers in the name of Yahweh/Jehovah and end it in Jesus name.

What you see them trinitarians do is start prayers in Jesus name and end it with Jesus name plus lots of repetitions.

So, bearing this in mind, how can the spirit actuating Those praying to Yahweh/Jehovah and that of those praying with TRINITY spectacles be the same?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 11:51am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^^ ummm...... Does it really matter how you start the prayer so far in your heart you know who you are referring to. Sometimes I start with In Jesus' Name, sometimes O LORD! and more recently my Father in heaven. But does it really matter how the prayer is started so far I get answers to my prayer. I think faith is what really matters.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2012

This discussion should stop no one from praying - it sure doesn't stop me. (There's the question of praying to a non-existent Trinity - who will answer such prayers being as the Trinity is a product of human ideas?)

The Holy Spirit had no business in the formulation of the Trinity teaching - history shows it was promoted via politics by Constantine in 325CE, and no he wasn't really a Christian.

There's no confusion in the clear truths of the Bible - confusion arises when human ideas are introduced and this was prophesied in the Bible:

1 Tim 4:1- "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils".

2 Timothy 4:3, - "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear". Also Matt. 24:10, 2 Thess. 2:3, 2 Timothy 3:5.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^^^ ummm...... Does it really matter how you start the prayer so far in your heart you know who you are referring to. Sometimes I start with In Jesus' Name, sometimes O LORD! and more recently my Father in heaven. But does it really matter how the prayer is started so far I get answers to my prayer. I think faith is what really matters.

ok, i see,
there was no reason for the instruction from jesus christ then that we should "pray then this way".

Well, as it suit you no wahala.

For me, i wish to follow his instructions exclusively since i will not be the one that will reward my self with eternal life.

I know christ once said, "my food is to do the will of my father"

he also said that his father's name be "glorified", who am i to go against his word?

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^ If you start with in Jesus Name, you will still be praying through Jesus. He said ask the Father anything in my name. So you can still say, "in Jesus' name i come to you Father in heaven" If there was a procedure to strictly follow, then why are people still getting answers to their prayers and why do you end it with "Jesus" name and not "Yeshua" name and still get answers? All that matters is to have faith and to believe that your prayer(s) has been heard.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^^ If you start with in Jesus Name, you will still be praying through Jesus. He said ask the Father anything in my name. So you can still say, "in Jesus' name i come to you Father in heaven" If there was a procedure to strictly follow, then why are people still getting answers to their prayers and why do you end it with "Jesus" name and not "Yeshua" name and still get answers? All that matters is to have faith and to believe that your prayer(s) has been heard.

"After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy name.
(i hope the fathers name is "father"wink

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. " (Matthew 6:9-10).

By the way, is there anything wrong in including/mentioning Yahweh's name in prayers?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 2:17am On Dec 25, 2012
@Olaadegbu
Is it not hypocritical of you and your folks to abandon the threads I opened on this subject only for you to open another one here and then cry wolf?

are you high on something?OLAADEGBU!

im i Boomark who own this tread? Answer me! and he is not a jws, i do support the jws and no regret about that! so you cant do with the JWS comment again? in you bid to develop your tread! why not look for other religious members to develop your tread?

if you can remember see the tread that i engaged you;https://www.nairaland.com/870257/worship-one-true-god-not/11

you did not answer my question!(1) and i was disappionted when a trinitarian like you Ihedinobi said TRINITY IS UNDEFENDED IN THE BIBLE (2) and you did not challenge him but leave the tread since Aug 08,(3) when you refused to answer all my respose,see them again..... Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08 you cowardly came in here to SOLICIT for tread builders! see your request below!

Here are some of the threads your JW gang abandoned:

so you need a jw to develop your tread? wonders shall never end, thats so coward of you!

see what you call tread, the first one; opened since october 06, 3 monthe ago, and you are still on page 7,

why not look for your trinitarian to help you develop it!

see your yansh ...OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06 just appeal to people to help you build your tread! ole!

the two tread below of yours opened since september 04 and october 14 respectively 4, and 3 months ago both treads are less than just a tread we contributed in, now on page 39! now you were jealous! you just need someone to build your tread,but unfortunately,among your companions,you cannot boast of legitimate arguments, see what you call tread below?

https://www.nairaland.com/1067350/another-look-trinity/7#up

https://www.nairaland.com/1038080/wonderful-truth-trinity/16

https://www.nairaland.com/531625/evidence-deity-christ/17

only above tread alone, you guys have nothing to hold on except the lords mercy! pagan beliefs are always transformed to angel of light!

pls stop advertising your treads here! ok! upload more videos and cartoons,insult the bible with your videos and go for builders of your categories;.... chukwudi44.free123.true2God,ihedinobi,Ubenedictus et all...stop inviting people here so as not to derail your tread,ok!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 6:32am On Dec 25, 2012
^Don't mind him. He came to justify himself when he could not help me answer some of my questions, but told me to go and pray for new truth to be revealed to me.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Ayomivic(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Boomark: To many, this might be new. Many will say "How can it be...?" It is not in line with what they teach you But the truth is that Jesus is the servant of the Almighty God(the Father). This is what the scripture says.

NKJV
Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob, the God of our fathers,
glorified His Servant Jesus,
whom
you delivered up and denied in the
presence of Pilate, when he was
determined to let [Him] go.

Act 3:26 "To you first, God, having raised up
His Servant Jesus,
sent Him to bless
you, in turning away every one [of
you] from your iniquities."

v13 showed who the God of our forefathers is and that His servant is Jesus Christ. Not His equal.

De 6:4
New International Version
(©1984)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD
our God, the LORD is one.

The Father is the only one the israelites take as their God. De 6:10 shed more light on this.

To make God equal to His servant is not what the bible teach. It is not what the Holyspirit inspired. Meditate carefully on these things.
Why are you so disturbed ?What you said is true.Ok let me give you this pill if it will good for your body.

Jesus is god, is a servant of God, is a son of God, is a son of man,is a king of king ,lord of lord.

Is that pill good for your body? Come on ! dont vomit it. Is it bitter?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ayomivic:
Why are you so disturbed ?What you said is true.Ok let me give you this pill if it will good for your body.

Jesus is god, is a servant of God, is a son of God, is a son of man,is a king of king ,lord of lord.

Is that pill good for your body? Come on ! dont vomit it. Is it bitter?

I am teaching my brother. Don't they teach in your church/mosque/shrine? Didn't you learn new things in school. Did you see your teacher as a disturbed person for teaching you things you may or may not know?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by broswilli: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jesus is the first and the last means he is the first to be resurrected by God Directly to Immortal Life and the Last to be Given that honor that is why he is also referred to as the first fruit. All other persons to be resurrected to immortality would not be resurrected directly by the almighty God but by Jesus himself. Jesus Christ Never claimed to be equal with God but it is today's theologians who are like the Pharisees in Jesus days on earth that put all these complexities into the bible. They add new laws like abstain from alcohol as if alcohol is something that should not be taken mean while the bible says people appointed to be deacons should not over drink. The bible says you can drink but don't be a drunkard. They say I and my father are one is a reference to trinity but the bible says Adam and Eve where one flesh which means that they are not Joined together like Siamese twins but they were of Unity in Flesh and understanding(Including Sexual Intimacy). They even make us feel that occult powers are what is making Christians (who are supposed to be liberated by God) to suffer so today's Christians pray long repetitive prayers like the prophets of baal forgetting that it is the truth that sets men free. These Christians continue to be slave to their Pharisee masters and continue praying and waiting for miracle ignoring the truth that sets men free

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 11:50am On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, so Jesus is also the First and Last yet He is not God?

No, even John 10:30 jesus says "I and the Father are one." does that makes jesus the same/equal person to God?

okay if so, the same words used here, just the same way 'first and the last' was used for both God and christ,this time around,'Believers too are of the oneness of God and christ, so are believers equal with God?, will hypocrisy allow you to reason here or you will just ignore! see it again;

John 17:21

"Father,[size=14pt] just as you are in me and I am in you.[/size] May [size=14pt]they also be in us[/size] ]so that the world may believe that you have sent me".

so that the world (including My Anony)may believe that [size=16pt]you(God) have sent me(jesus)[/size]

but Oga jesus, Mr Anony said you lied about that! can you open his inner eye pls!

John 14:28

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Mr Anony said jesus is not! fighting scriptures!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
broswilli: Jesus is the first and the last means he is the first to be resurrected by God Directly to Immortal Life and the Last to be Given that honor that is why he is also referred to as the first fruit. All other persons to be resurrected to immortality would not be resurrected directly by the almighty God but by Jesus himself. Jesus Christ Never claimed to be equal with God but it is today's theologians who are like the Pharisees in Jesus days on earth that put all these complexities into the bible. They add new laws like abstain from alcohol as if alcohol is something that should not be taken mean while the bible says people appointed to be deacons should not over drink. The bible says you can drink but don't be a drunkard. They say I and my father are one is a reference to trinity but the bible says Adam and Eve where one flesh which means that they are not Joined together like Siamese twins but they were of Unity in Flesh and understanding(Including Sexual Intimacy). They even make us feel that occult powers are what is making Christians (who are supposed to be liberated by God) to suffer so today's Christians pray long repetitive prayers like the prophets of baal forgetting that it is the truth that sets men free. These Christians continue to be slave to their Pharisee masters and continue praying and waiting for miracle ignoring the truth that sets men free
^^^
beautifully said.

He Jesus is also the first and the last since he Jesus is the "first" to be resurrected to immortal life in HEAVEN personally by Yahweh and also the "last" to be personally resurected by Yahweh to immortal life in HEAVEN.

All other resurrection has been entrusted to Jesus christ hence.

Thank you @broswilli for the addition.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by plappville(f): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
broswilli: Jesus is the first and the last means he is the first to be resurrected by God Directly to Immortal Life and the Last to be Given that honor that is why he is also referred to as the first fruit. All other persons to be resurrected to immortality would not be resurrected directly by the almighty God but by Jesus himself. Jesus Christ Never claimed to be equal with God but it is today's theologians who are like the Pharisees in Jesus days on earth that put all these complexities into the bible. They add new laws like abstain from alcohol as if alcohol is something that should not be taken mean while the bible says people appointed to be deacons should not over drink. The bible says you can drink but don't be a drunkard. They say I and my father are one is a reference to trinity but the bible says Adam and Eve where one flesh which means that they are not Joined together like Siamese twins but they were of Unity in Flesh and understanding(Including Sexual Intimacy). They even make us feel that occult powers are what is making Christians (who are supposed to be liberated by God) to suffer so today's Christians pray long repetitive prayers like the prophets of baal forgetting that it is the truth that sets men free. These Christians continue to be slave to their Pharisee masters and continue praying and waiting for miracle ignoring the truth that sets men free

uncountable likes.... GBAM....TRINITARIAN do not know the damage of saying Jesus is God/Yahweh....this is not in line with the prophecy.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
Godhead

trinitarians need to ask themselves:
what is all fullness?
What is Godhead?

Col 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fullnessof the Godhead bodily.

Note carefully that Godhead is dwelling in Christ. He is not part or in Godhead but it dwells in him. Godhead means God's nature, divine qualities. Research it.

Colossians 1:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 [b]For God was pleased to have all
his fullness dwell in him, 20 and
through him to reconcile to himself
all things
, whether things on earth
or things in heaven, by making
peace through his blood, shed on
the cross.[/b]

For it pleases the Father to have the fullness of His nature(Godhead) in Christ. So that through Christ Godwill reconcile everything back to Himself and no other person.

Romans 1:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19 Because that which may be
known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him
from the creation of the world are
clearly seen, being understood by
the things that are made, even his
eternal power and Godhead;
so
that they are without excuse:

2 Peter 1:3-4
(King James Version)
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature(Godhead), having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This one will help you understand that eternal power and Godhead is something that belongs to the Father and not that He is in it.

Ephesians 1:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 And God placed all things under
his feet and appointed him to be
head over everything for the
church, 23 which is his body, the
fullness of him(God) who fills everything
in every way.

It is God that gave Christ the authority he has by putting all things under his feet. But you are mistaken by making him equal to God after seeing the authority he possess. It is God that fills everything He pleases with His fullness.

Don't be disappointed trinitarians, Godhead is not made up 3 persons but God's nature or qualities.

Any Objection?

No Sir! ....Good.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rev 3:12
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
He that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

This should be here. Very important.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Eileen111111: 2:14am On Mar 15, 2013
De 6:4
New International Version
(©1984)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD
our God, the LORD is one.

The Father is the only one the israelites take as their God. De 6:10 shed more light on this.

To make God equal to His servant is not what the bible teach. It is not what the Holyspirit inspired. Meditate carefully on these things.[/quote]

My response: Here is the full quote from Deuteronomy 6:4-9:

"The Great Commandment.* 4d Hear, O Israel!* The LORD is our God, the LORD alone! 5Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with your whole heart, and with your whole being, and with your whole strength.e 6f Take to heart these words which I command you today.g 7Keep repeating them to your children. Recite them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up.h 8Bind them on your arm as a sign* and let them be as a pendant on your forehead.i 9Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.j"

Yes! Love the Lord God first above everyone and every thing else. That means God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. In John 11:30 Christ says, "The Father and I are one."

Jesus said: "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works." (John 14:7-10)

This identification of Christ with God is emphatic in this chapter and throughout John. John 1:1 explains, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus is the "Word of God" and the Word is God.

In John 14:28, Jesus seems to contradict His words above when he says: "You heard me tell you, 'I am going away and I will come back to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I."

Jesus is speaking of Himself in His humanity, in His limited capacity as a human being. As the Living Word of God, Jesus, in His divinity, has glory equal to the Father [John 17:5], yet He humbled Himself on our behalf and took on our humanity [Philippians 2:6-8 "Who, being in the form of God did not count equality with God something to be grasped. But he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming as human beings are; and being in every way like a human being, he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross."]. In His humanity God is greater; in His divinity the Father and Son are co-equal [8:24; 10:30] and in His essence, He and God the Father are One [John 1:1-3, 5:23; 6:62, 10:30; 14:9].

In the Gospel of John, every time Jesus says, "I AM the ......" (I believe it's a total of 7 times), He is declaring His Divinity. And the Jews understood it.

Just look at when Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I am". The Jews tried to stone him to death at these words. But of course, this is a good indication of why Jesus didn't talk more often of His Divinity.

In Mark's Gospel, He kept it hush until He was on His way to Jerusalem and He let Bartimaeus claim it to the people. What happened a week later? He died.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2013
Eileen111111:

Yes! Love the Lord God first above everyone and every thing else. That means God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. In John 11:30 Christ says, "The Father and I are one."

Jesus said: "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works." (John 14:7-10)

According to john 10:30, Jesus and the Father are one what?

The disciples said, "show us the Father." That is, they want to SEE the Father. Did Jesus ever say i am the Father? The answer to knowing who the Father is, is in the bolded. The Father is not far from them.

This identification of Christ with God is emphatic in this chapter and throughout John. John 1:1 explains, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus is the "Word of God" and the Word is God.

In John 14:28, Jesus seems to contradict His words above when he says: "You heard me tell you, 'I am going away and I will come back to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I."

Jesus is speaking of Himself in His humanity, in His limited capacity as a human being. As the Living Word of God, Jesus, in His divinity, has glory equal to the Father [John 17:5], yet He humbled Himself on our behalf and took on our humanity [Philippians 2:6-8 "Who, being in the form of God did not count equality with God something to be grasped. But he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming as human beings are; and being in every way like a human being, he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross."]. In His humanity God is greater; in His divinity the Father and Son are co-equal [8:24; 10:30] and in His essence, He and God the Father are One [John 1:1-3, 5:23; 6:62, 10:30; 14:9].

In the Gospel of John, every time Jesus says, "I AM the ......" (I believe it's a total of 7 times), He is declaring His Divinity. And the Jews understood it.

Just look at when Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I am". The Jews tried to stone him to death at these words. But of course, this is a good indication of why Jesus didn't talk more often of His Divinity.

In Mark's Gospel, He kept it hush until He was on His way to Jerusalem and He let Bartimaeus claim it to the people. What happened a week later? He died.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac
and of Jacob, the God of our
forefathers,
has glorified His
servant, Jesus, whom you, for
your part, delivered up....

The green part shows the one God of the Isrealites who is different from Jesus. The one referred to in Deu 6:4. Go to the last post on the 1st page you will see more. you will also get answer to Jn 1:1 on that page. Just read through the thread you will enjoy more revelation.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by enilove(m): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
Boomark:

According to john 10:30, Jesus and the Father are one what?

The disciples said, "show us the Father." That is, they want to SEE the Father. Did Jesus ever say i am the Father? The answer to knowing who the Father is, is in the bolded. The Father is not far from them.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac
and of Jacob, the God of our
forefathers,
has glorified His
servant, Jesus, whom you, for
your part, delivered up....

The green part shows the one God of the Isrealites who is different from Jesus. The one referred to in Deu 6:4. Go to the last post on the 1st page you will see more. you will also get answer to Jn 1:1 on that page. Just read through the thread you will enjoy more revelation.

You are (in my opinion)100% right. But please try and be 100% holy as our Father in heaven is holy. Pray for us all ,so that we all and those having diff opinions can make heaven.
I also pray for you and every other christian that we shall not labour in vain ,in the name of Jesus.
I believe that Jesus is the son of God and was sent to die for our sins.He said he has a Father in heaven.
Being one with the Father means being united with God.He kept saying "Father let your will be done".
In Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make pillar in the temple of my God......( Jesus calling the Father his God )

When we get to heaven,by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,we shall ask as many questions as we have.
That is when this electronic evangelism will be worth-while.

Thanks
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 2:33am On Mar 16, 2013
enilove:

You are (in my opinion)100% right. But please try and be 100% holy as our Father in heaven is holy. Pray for us all ,so that we all and those having diff opinions can make heaven.
I also pray for you and every other christian that we shall not labour in vain ,in the name of Jesus.
I believe that Jesus is the son of God and was sent to die for our sins.He said he has a Father in heaven.
Being one with the Father means being united with God.He kept saying "Father let your will be done".
In Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make pillar in the temple of my God......( Jesus calling the Father his God )

When we get to heaven,by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,we shall ask as many questions as we have.
That is when this electronic evangelism will be worth-while.

Thanks

Thank you too dear for your prayers.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2016
It so happened that I over heard a Trinitarian arguing with a Muslim that the Bible no where refers to Jesus as a Servant of God. When he was shown from the Bible, he some how was short of words.

But then, there it was. He Jesus was referred to as Servant of Yahweh.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2016
truthislight:
It so happened that I over heard a Trinitarian arguing with a Muslim that the Bible no where refers to Jesus as a Servant of God. When he was shown from the Bible, he some how was short of words.

But then, there it was. He Jesus was referred to as Servant of Yahweh.

That is it bro, most of them don't know this. And the will tell you that you are already peeping inside hell fire for saying that. This is as a result of what they were meant to believe in church.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by DoctorAlien(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Boomark:

That is it bro, most of them don't know this. And the will tell you that you are already peeping inside hell fire for saying that. This is as a result of what they were meant to believe in church.

Lemme ask you this question: is Jesus Christ GOD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / 7 Things You Must Never Ever Forget As A Christian / Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.